[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Who actually is the headless one spoken of in the greek magical papyri?
>>
>>39081184
Liberium extornata
Few will understand
>>
>>39081184
Osiris
>>
>>39081184
What language is this?
>>
>>39081374
Greek
>>
>>39081478
That’s what I figured, but no online translator was recognizing “DAMNAMENEUS SEMESILUM” and nothing was showing up in search results. I eventually tried ChatGPT and that couldn’t translate it either.
It did give me this though.

>The phrase “Damnameneus semesilum” doesn’t come from standard Greek, Latin, or any widely recognized ancient language, so it’s difficult to translate directly. However, it appears in certain esoteric or magical texts, where “Damnameneus” might be interpreted as a name or title associated with ancient myth or magic.

>In such contexts:

• >Damnameneus: Sometimes connected to an ancient figure, possibly one of the mythical Telchines, who were said to be craftsmen and sorcerers in ancient Greek mythology.
• >Semesilum: This word is much more obscure and could potentially be a spell, incantation, or term from an ancient magical language, but its meaning is not well-documented.

>This phrase could be part of an invocation or magical spell, and without more context, it’s best understood within the framework of esoteric or ritualistic language rather than as a direct, word-for-word interpretation.
>>
>>39081184
It's the world the machine
>>
File: IMG_0916.jpg (154 KB, 600x797)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>39081184
The headless one is the nothing that takes every form
It is the silent god head that wears our souls
>>
>>39081184
These strings of Greek vowels show up here and there in the Nag Hammadi.
>>
>>39081184
Considering the manuscript is written in Latin and contains Jewish words, It is a Jewish deity, most likely an angel or demon
>>
>>39082546
Curses were also typically written in this way at the time. It's most likely asking the Lord of hosts to curse something for half a year or in half a year. No clue what chamsoure yeaoa means, though.
>>
>>39082585
I should clarify. Angel, Demon or their view of God, sorry. maybe someone versed in Latin could clarify chamsoure yeaoa?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOZsIvsMLJA
>>
File: 1694195512460322.jpg (27 KB, 174x400)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>39081184
blimey m8 seems we just had this thread.
>>
>>39081647
The chatbot is making shit up you fucking dumbass. Online translators and search algorithms can’t help because it’s a hapax legomenon, so how the absolute fuck would a stupid chatbot know anything about it?
Maybe you should try reading if you want to know something instead of making the internet shittier with your ignorant confabulation machine
>>
>>39081647
You seem well intended, heres the rest of the text translated since you seem unaware of it.
Thee I invoke, the Headless One.
Thou that didst create the earth and the heavens.
Thou that didst create the night and the day.
Thou that didst create the darkness and the light.
Thou art Osorronophris, whom no one hath seen at any time.
Thou art Jabas; thou art Japos.
Thou hast distinguished between the just and the unjust.
Thou didst make the female and the male.
Thou didst produce the seed and the fruit.
Thou didst form human beings, to love one another and to hate one another.
Hear thou me, for I am thy prophet -----, to whom thou hast committed thy mysteries, the ceremonies of Chaos.
Thou hast produced the moist and the dry, and all that which nourisheth created life.
Hear me, for I am the Angel of Paphro Osorronophris: this is thy true name, handed down by the prophets of Khem.
Hear me: Ar, Thiao, Rheibet, Atheleberseth, A, Blatha, Abeu, Ebeu, Phi, Thitasoe, Ib, Thiao.
Hear me and make all spirits subject unto me: so that every spirit of the firmament and of the ether; upon the Earth and under the Earth; on dry land or in the water; of whirling air or of rushing fire; and every spell and scourge of God shall be obedient unto me.
I invoke thee, the terrible and invisible deity who dwellest in the void place of the spirit: Arogogorobrao, Sothou, Modorio, Phalarthao, Ooo, Ape, The Headless One.
Hear me and make all spirits subject unto me … (etc)
Hear me: Roubriao, Mariodam, Balbnabaoth, Assalonai, Aphniao, I, Thoteth, Abrasax, Aeoou, Ischure, Mighty and Headless One.
I invoke thee: Ma, Barraio, Ioel, Kotha, Athorebalo, Abraoth.
Hear me: Aoth, Abaoth, Basum, Isak, Sabaoth, IAO.
(cont)
>>
>>39083823
This is the leader of the gods.
This is the leader of the universe.
This is the one whom the winds fear.
This is the one who, having made voice by commandment, is sovereign over all things - monarch, ruler and helper.
Hear me: Iou, Pyr, Ieou, Pyr, Iaot, Iaeo, Ioou, Abrasax, Sabriam, Oo, Yu, Eu, Oo, Yu, Adonaie, Ede, Edu, Angelos Ton Theon, Anlala Lai, Gaia, Apa, Diachanna Chorun.
I am that, the headless spirit! Having sight in the feet -- strong, and the immortal fire!
I am that, the truth!
I am that, who hates that evil should be wrought in the world.
I am that who lighteneth and thundereth.
I am that from whom is the shower of the life on Earth.
I am that whose mouth ever flameth.
I am that, the begetter and manifester unto the light.
I am that, the grace of the world.
“The Heart Girt with a Serpent” is my name.
So come thou forth and follow me, and make all spirits subject unto me, so that every spirit of the firmament and of the ether, upon the earth and under the earth, on dry land and in the water, of whirling air and of rushing fire, and every spell and scourge of God shall be obedient unto me.
IAO. Sabao.
Such are the words.
>>
>>39081184
>yeaoa
yahweh
>>
>>39083838
That does not spell yahweh
>>
File: Greco-Roman_Set.jpg (46 KB, 276x386)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
hmmm
>>
>>39081184
The Nohead, anti-thesis to The Nobody.
>>
larp
>>
>>39084501

if u larp on earth u get flags on the top
>>
>>39084501
By ancient greeks?
>>
File: IMG_1042.jpg (2.88 MB, 4032x3024)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
so this is on page 18 of the book and cham (small) soure (unknown). So in latin cham- is something dwarf sized or small and is associated with plants (similar words in the dictionary) like a "small tulip". Based on the context, it could be incense for the ritual. yeaoa isnt latin because nothing in latin has that may vowels suffixes so close together nor starts with a "y" it was borrowed from the greeks. Thus, yeaoa has to be greek.
>I took latin in school
>>
>>39084501
say the ritual worked and was repeatable, in the ancient world it would have been kept secret regardless since pagan nationalism was still on-going. Is magic a waste of time? yes. Is augustus wrong for banning it from the empire? no lol
>>
File: abraxas-1200x807.jpg (99 KB, 1200x807)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>39081184
God/Satan
>>
File: IMG_1039.png (229 KB, 1280x1282)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
if one searches for Osorronophris, boneless ritual comes up and you might find that an interesting read OP
>>
>>39083237
>no online translator was recognizing “DAMNAMENEUS SEMESILUM” and nothing was showing up in search results
It would appear that he DID try to read on it first, you fucking asshole.
>>
>>39083823
>>39083826
all of that text just from whats in the OP picture? hows that even possible?
>>
>>39081665
/thread
>>
>>39086753
Oh my fucking god you can’t be serious
>>
File: file.png (715 KB, 640x567)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
>>39086768
No, thats the text thats from the same page as that drawing is on.
Heres a pic of the actual papyrus with more of the text around it but I can't find a pic of the full page.
>>
Sabaoth is a son of the Ialdaboath.
>>39081647
>Semesilam
It comes from the Sword of Moses. It's an alternate name for Ialdaboath. Also check out The Lesser Hekhalot.
>Damnameneus
It means "The Hammer". Look into the Idaean Dactyls. The Dactyls are a race of men subordinate to Cybele/Rhea.
>Yeaoa
I can't find anything.
>Chamsoure
Same thing, not much for this.
>>
>>39087792
Ah yeah, that seems obvious in hindsight haha, thanks anon. Thanks for providing the pic too.
>>39088196
Very interesting, thanks for the write up. I’ll be looking into everything in this over the next few days.
>>
>>39081184

every fortnite

dont be headless

even if u think u have a head

u become a donkeys head

type shit type shit

poetic miracle
>>
>>39081184
me. I am the headless one.
>>
>>39088196
ye im guessing chamsoure is some type of incense from what i gather since cham- is dwarf or small sized in latin
>>
>>39088196
i wonder if yeaoa is egyptian.
>>
>>39088976
Might be, the greek magical papyri were supposedly composed in the egyptian city of khem.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.