[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5450.jpg (1.14 MB, 3024x4032)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
magic for the self is just circling the drain

spirituality is about the other. helping others. attempting to lose yourself in your own selfish desires is anathema to the goal of the soul. being a better person is the way to become peaceful.

self respect and love is more fulfilling than misery with company or money.
>>
File: 1717420208242441.jpg (267 KB, 1200x1800)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
the only anathema here is your evangelism
>>
>>39098223
Fuck that. Satan is nthe new God
>>
you guys are just fucking yourself over
>>
>>39098223
Me being happy encourages me to help others with my reduced concerns. We all take our own route. Stop judging.
>>
>>39100445
if the way you make yourself happy is by hurting yourself it's not true happiness and you're not as helpful as you could be.
>>
>>39098223
Based and wise
>>
>>39098223
Do you know what is fulfilling? Finishing larger works that require more than one person to complete, with motivation and harmony.
>>
>>39102625
for you maybe!
>>
>>39098223
It is far easier to maintain that prayers are heard and answered when they are selfless requests for immaterial hopes then when they are petitions for outward benefits.
- Moncure Daniel Conway, Demonology and Devil-Lore, Volume I
>>
i cant feel for others and I have no wish for money or company
>>
>>39102871
Creation is a lot more likely to give you the thumbs-up to become powerful in ESP if you won't harm them with it.
>>
>>39100528
Who said anything about hurting myself. My magic is putting on my face mask before I try to help others. Now that my mask is firmly secured, I can use it to help others do the same for themselves.
>>
>>39098223
selflessness for its own sake is not spirituality
sometimes it makes things worse
>>
>>39103099
worshiping the self is fucking the self over. the way to be most in tune with the universe is to live in the flow of it, which necessitates letting go of petty desires. once you do that, the universe gives you what you need, not what you think you want.

>>39102922
sounds like you really can't feel for yourself!
>>
>>39104294
it's a way of tuning into the true self, the higher self, which is of the universe. once you live your life for others, everything is okay, cuz you truly don't need anything for yourself. you still get taken care of materially cuz you're a material being, but you aren't upset, you aren't worried, you don't stress. seriously. you are fine. and helping others is such a joy
>>
>>39098223
Neither you nor the other exist

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.