[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jesus.png (1.2 MB, 452x887)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
So I'm not religious but growing up I was always taught that people go to hell forever and dead babies wont go to hell. I dont believe that anymore but I know people who still do..

So for people that believe this, why do they not just go around killing a bunch of babies? Sure you might go to hell for defying god or something but if you prevent a bunch of babies from going there it would be a net positive wouldnt it

Obviously not encouraging it or anything, just wondering what Im missing here
>>
your civilization would go extinct if you were to kill every baby that is born retard.
>>
>>39104772
What's more important. Society or saving souls? Unless it's all just tricks
>>
>>39104788
both are equally as important.
>>
>>39104788
>saving souls?
you have the opportunity to become an Elohiym (fruit) or firewood (which is also good)
>>
>>39104801
Then we should base society around saving souls. Of course, then we have to ask how one saves a soul.
>>
>>39104757
The real question is why aren't you listening to yourself?
How does this entire concept make you feel? You already know deep down that the entire thing is absurd, and any of these attempts to rescue the idea are equally absurd.
So why are you ignoring the knowledge that comes from within you?
>>
>>39104815
>Then we should base society around saving souls
it was for the for almost the entire history of Christianity where tradition and going to church to partake in the sacraments was the norm.
but then around the 1700s modernism/communism/scientism/liberal watered down Christianity from the enlightenment started to slowly take over the world where today we can see it's effects.
>>
>>39104905
Nah for real, not that larp shit
>>
>>39104757
The short answer is read Phaedo by Socrates

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.