[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714178434299557.jpg (427 KB, 1020x1015)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
Share your weirdest and most interesting thought experiment, analogy, observation...
>>
I habitually cross the street with the red light on. Theres always a couple of people who also do it after me when they were just waiting for the green light.
>>
>>39105733
probably a fact i notice pretty often:

i don't think of it as something very deep, it's simply the environment i'm in so no surprise if they don't notice it.

Nowadays i've come to notice that people are becoming more and more turned to themselves, self-centered, and hedonist.
yet that's seen as normal? not giving a hand to my nieghbor, ignoring those in need and only living a life to myself, the age of "humanism" and that we can "do anything we want" is a big fucking lie. how did people believe that? it's a mere excuse to make us all weaker by doing things without thinking of the outcome, it's like letting your 8 year old son do whatever he wants. he sees no further consequences.
yet people keep demanding a right they do not possess, a power they do not have, they insist on others to see it as they are
shortly, panting a rock green won't turn it into an emerald. i sound like crackpot because i can't think of my most interesting thought experiment but here goes nothing.
>>
>>39105762
NPCs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFS4zYWxzNA
>>
>>39105792
This probably has to do with how competitive modern society has become
>>
I have an infinite beyond infinite cascade of still images that cycle at a beyond-infinite speed showing me everything to see if there's anything I need to be made aware of inside of which is represented within each of my visual cortex cells an individual person (one of you) or animal that is thinking the same way I do that then does the same thing and I also do other things on all of my countless other trains of thought, both regular and otherwise, on my regular stream of consciousness and others and so on and so on and...
>>
File: BdsY0jxIcAAK5md.jpg (25 KB, 470x269)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>39105733
I realized that as a former "gifted student" turned barely above average burn out that I was purposely underachieving because children would relentlessly tease me for trying hard and aceing every assignment. So I learned to put in literally no effort while still succeeding.
First I realized that that's what I was doing and that I need to stop thinking it's lame to try because I'm an adult and my efforts are rewarded with money.
Then I realized that although it sucks that I wasted all of that time, it taught me to go with the flow of things always coasting into the best version of things with little fuss. A super power in its own right.
I think if there's any other former gifted kids feeling like you have a similar story, I love you and let's move past that pain. It's ok to do your best again. People will praise you, not ridiculous you.

Thank you for attending my TedTalk
>>
If DMT experiences occur, atleast at first, entirely within a humans brain. And if those same experiences occur when a human dies, then would being shot in the head (or death by any other means involving the brain being catastrophically damaged) deny that human the experience. AND IF that experience is some sort of gateway to "an afterlife" then what happens to the soul unable to take the journey?

You can't walk through the door if the building has collapsed in on itself.
>>
>>39105929
You'd need to know where the soul part of the brain is. So even if the prefrontal gets ventilated the stem can probably sign off. But your premise also assumes that the soul exists in the body and doesn't just control it. Do drone pilots die when you shoot one down?
>>
>>39105929
This is actually a really interesting concept. Disregarding DMT, The brain is where consciousness dwells so I imagine death by "catastrophic brain injury" has a tremendous effect on what the experience of death is like
>>
>>39106033
>But your premise also assumes that the soul exists in the body and doesn't just control it.
I suppose.
Talk of souls aside, if the brain is capable of producing profound and ultra realistic hallucinations that DMT users claim to borderline being spiritual, then significant damage to the brain would surely prevent those experiences from happening
>>
>>39105929
>everyone that gets shot in the head automatically goes to purgatory

Fuck
>>
>>39106234
I think your thoughts on it are too firmly attached to the material.
Think of it like this. Your brain controls 100% of what you experience. Every sense and action you take are filtered through the brain making sense of it all.
So if you think of those DMT experiences as not a product of the brain but rather something that is happening on some other wavelength that we normally can't see. The soul experiences reality via the mind and body but during these experiences you take off the goggles as it were and see the other side of things. The schizos have no say in when they take off the goggles and always see the other side.
Dying would just permanently remove you from the goggles.
>>
>>39105733
I'm conducting a number of experiments.
Only today I have been presented with an education on the laws of probability and how I can use that to my potential advantage. For example these brains of ours will not want to go outside for fear of bumping into those we don't want to bump into. Yet if you did not take the universes options at the time why do we doubt a favourable probable outcome. A glass half full vs a glass half empty. I know what I want my glass filled with. Hopefully I will get a few more nudges along the way like a walking bandit machine.
>>
>>39105733
I know this will sound fucking weird, but stay with me. So I'm a wagie and my coworkers are all retarded, they laugh at literally anything and act all niggardly, but they never caused me any trouble, until yesterday. So I started reading berserk a while back, and then I got to the eclipse part, and I think that shit has witchcraft in it, because when I got to work, as soon as I step foot in that building, it felt as if I was an outsider, like I didn't belong there, but I ignored it because I thought it wasn't anything serious. A few hours passed and I had forgotten this already, but it didn't last, because this brownoid landwhale just went up to me, and literally said " I'l rape you", and then later when he was with the other tards he said "Yo let's rape Anon". At this point I was fucking doubting my sanity, at the edge of madness, but then a few hours passed and I went home, thinking it was the end... and I kid you I saw a hawk or eagle or osprey or idon'tevenknow flying into the setting sun. Today I called the boss said I was sick and didn't go to work, out of fear of what might happen. Did berserk curse me? Can someone tell what the fuck is actually happening?
>>
>>39107142
Ngl, that eclipse scene shook me too. It made me ditch my friend who i was watching it with that same night.
I ordered an uber and snuck out the house.. for some damn reason
>>
Synthesis is weird cool...
>>
>>39105843
sounds like you're just not grateful for your imagination. this happens if you expect something from it, which you'll never get.
>>
>>39107142
>and I think that shit has witchcraft in it
probably. 90% of witchcraft these days is contained in words. it's not super obvious but narratives like berserk are a guided meditation.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.