[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is Missing 411 legit or is it just grifting? Apparently there are a lot of detractors who say that the M411 cases are presented in a way that makes them look more suspicious than what they actually are, and that DP is really just a grifter essentially making up stories.
>>
>>39107107
>>39107107
Check out his youtube channel, I think it gives a good idea of his character if nothing else. Sometimes he does go a bit "boomer with a microphone", but having personally watched a lot of his content, it's pretty clear to me that he is sincere about his work.

I've also heard a lot of his criticisms and they always boil down to the criticizer not having a full understanding of what Dave is saying, because there are many facets to the phenomenon he's trying to shine a light on. And while I'm sure there are cases he's covered that are in-fact caused by the completely mundane, it's important to understand that his work should be seen as recognizing certain broad trends.

I'll try and give a quick example of a misguided "de-boonking" of him... There was one missing person in one of his movies where they actually found the body a few months after the movie released.

>>See? They found him dead in a ditch, died of exposure, nothing paranormal, mystery solved!

Except that doesn't actually debunk anything because part of the phenomena is the strange timelines of when they DO find the bodies. Stuff like, they'll find someone in a pond 3 weeks after they went missing... And yet the coroner report will estimate that based off of their decomposition, they have only been in the pond a few days, a week tops? And on top of that, the corpse wont have signs we expect to see from someone who died of drowning, like fluid in the lungs, etc... You get the idea.

I will say that if he is a grifter, he's not a very good one lol. He's too boomer to sell his books on Amazon, you have to like buy them off his ancient website with a money order lmao - The books on Amazon are just people who buy them and turn around to double the price on Amazon, because hey people will pay it *shrug*
>>
File: 1729221406626012.jpg (209 KB, 1080x1185)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>39107107
David is an asshole and fucks up reports. I don't know if it's on purpose to sell books and his other shit or if he's just dumb. I think he's dumb. He opens every video saying blah blah copyright edition blah blah like a fucking retarded boomer. Many content creators have had bad experiences with him. For example armored skeptic mentioned a bad experience recently.
>With that being said
100% legit. There are many cryptids, cults, and other paranormal things in the woods. Specifically the deep woods. I won't go hiking without being armed and in a group. I believe David means well, he just has that shitty cop attitude. There is something strange going on and people are going missing, never to be seen, or found dead. Also, the park service is sketchy as fuck. They refuse to keep records. David tried to get all there info and they wanted some crazy amount of money. We need legislation. The parks make too much money for them to let us know what's happening. I think it's highly possible that the national parks are set aside to keep physical cryptids away from the general population. Though, it doesn't always work.
>>
File: 1729810296570431.jpg (64 KB, 614x384)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>39107533
Lore Lodge is a great channel that points out his fuck ups. The dude is massively skeptical but is an historian. He's also really young and a Freemason which is strange and rare. He's very Christian so maybe that's why. I could have joined Freemasonry , still could, obviously not going to though. Also, see my above post. Armored skeptic had a bad interaction with Dave. Dave doesn't seem to want anything to do with anyone else who makes content. He has a huge ego. He thinks he owns the phenomenon. Hence me making fun of his copyright edition faggotry. I've watched many of his videos as well. Watched all his docs. The Lore Lodge is the best at pointing out his fuck ups. They also have done videos about the ones they can't figure out either.
>>
missing 411 is kinda a grift by dave, he kinda just spouts off the story and then wanders off and blathers about a bunch of inane political shit in every video

theres like maybe 3 really odd stories where people died in distances that were not traversalible in the time they died

but for the most part hes finding stories of kids with autism, elderly, or depressed people that go missing in the woods. its exceptionally easy to die in the wilderness just from sheer ill preparedness or lack of experience, especially in north america where there is dense forests, rugged terrain and noone around for miles. nature is horribly unforgiving and these people are just results of that.
>>
>>39107652
I've seen the Lore Lodge videos, and I am a fan of Aiden's (sp?) channel, but he frequently falls into the type of logic fallacies I mentioned in my post.

The "copyrighted edition" is what I'm referring to about "boomer with a microphone" - Dave is from a different generation and has no idea how to properly social media lol
>>
File: Halloween.jpg (57 KB, 600x1024)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>39107924
I agree. Aiden is by no means perfect. He has his own issues. He has dunked on David though and they are legit dunks. He even says he doesn't hate the guy. Like all of us he gets frustrated with David's carelessness. I'm pretty sure this is the video where armored skeptic talks about his bad experience with David. Also, David CANNOT handle any criticism. It's irritating as fuck.
https://youtu.be/WNbxwHhhVOg?si=-ZGcCnmMtbHxm3bh
>>
>>39107107
It's bullshit.
>>
File: 1728228975266670.jpg (114 KB, 656x823)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>39107107
TAKE THIS THREAD DOWN IMMEDIATELY THIS IS COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL AND I WILL BE FORWARDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE CYBER POLICE!!!!!!!1!!1!11!!1111!!!!11111

Tapatalk Sent from BlackBerry

"I use a .45 cuz they dont make a .46"
"King of the Lakes, King of the Ladies!"
"I PROUDLY STAND WITH ISRAEL!"
"'76 Nova Cherry red"
>>
>>39107107
He definitely picks up some genuinely bizarre cases but after reading through 3 of his books i can't help but feel that his criteria scoop up too many cases which are very different from those, that are entirely normal.
Seems to me that his criteria for inclusion are not precise enough to filter those normal cases out and this leads to the feeling that there are multiple different categories of case all being dredged up in the one big net. Its still interesting reading though, no doubt about it and im thankful for his work to the point that i keep his general safety rules in mind when out with the family etc because its clear how easy kids can become separated and lost.
>>
>>39107652
>. I could have joined Freemasonry
this isnt the flex you think it is. Anyone who says this automatically discredits themselves. its not hard to be a freemason. Go to your local lodge, its not the cream of the crop these days.
>>
File: Dp1.jpg (131 KB, 1281x716)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>39107533
>hey there
Copyright Youtube Mans's books are actually pretty good but Huck TV took a nosedive when all the letters wanting to slob on his knob took over.
>>
File: 1729310170455057.jpg (116 KB, 1024x749)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>39111869
I wasn't flexing. I know very well anyone who believes in a higher power can join as long as you don't get blackballed. I was merely referring to my grandfather's high ranking. If I wanted to flex, I would join. Stop being a faggot.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.