[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: z3fp02ylo9c81.jpg (35 KB, 640x359)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>If a boxer lands a Good hit on a grappler they wont get up anytime soon
Makes you think
>>
The striker needs to win the exchange every time in order to win
The grappler only needs to win the exchange once
>>
>>178177
>If a grappler lands a good takedown on a boxer they wont get up anytime soon
Another great thread
>>
>>178177
post record
>>
Boxers a literally the most brain damaged people in the world.
>>
>>178177
>if a grappler gets a takedown on a boxer he'll be taping in 30 seconds or less
What's your point?
>>
>>178189
No that is Lethwei fighters and NFL players
>>
>>178177
What about a grappler landing a good hit on a boxer?
>>
>>178179
That's only cause they won't allow eye gouging strikes in sissified and biased UFC. I will blind you the moment you get a takedown on me.
>>
>>178675
what makes you think you're going to be in a better position to gouge my eyes than I will be to gouge yours? if I'm beating you wrestling you're not going to gouge your way out any more than you're going to punch your way out, I'd just do it back to you 10x harder
>>
>>178684
If you do a takedown, you aint gouging shit BJJ boy.
>>
>>178177
>Makes you think
No not really
>>
>>178684
kek if we're going by street fight scenario, the striker can eye gouge you the second the fight starts, they don't have to win every exchange
>>
>>178778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B6bBP32pWw
>>
>>178778
you can't eye gouge anyone when your arms are being controlled and you're getting choked to death
>>
>>178788
Fun fact: I can eye gouge/poke at distance while standing up, instead of punching you. The more you know
>>
File: 1694696726456799.png (1.49 MB, 1920x1080)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>178793
>t.
>>
>>178179
On the street? You don’t do takedowns in the street. You don’t know how to defend yourself against concrete. That rhymes- fuck you
>>
>>181234
>You don’t do takedowns in the street.
Wut? Thats how most of them end before they even get going.
>>
>>178675
Legalizing eye gouging would favor wrestlers cause eye gouging is the easiest when you're on top
>>
>>181240
>muh 90% of fites end on the floor
If you're cop.
>>
>>181342
Or a wrestler. If you're good at takedowns, 90% of your fights will end on the ground. And don't tell me about concrete because it favors wrestlers even more since the person who gets taken down will take the impact much more likely than the person who takes him down.
>>
>>178177
>If you win you win
Incredible
>>
>>181342
Al you're doing is mockingly quoting common knowledge. Why would you think this will convince anyone?
>>
>>181927
No literally the 90% thing is a lie based on police use of force data from the LAPD about how often they need to take someone WHO IS RESISTING ARREST down to the ground

That's not a fight
Just another gracie lie people parrot
>>
Striking is incredibly easy to learn.

If you learn to grapple, striking will come to you very easily as you'll have greater bodily awareness and knowledge of how to use your body.
>>
>>178797
I literally have trained for half a decade, so that's why I know I can eyepoke you before the takedown
>>
>>182018
No you haven't you fuckin lying ape
>>
>>178675
No you would not. You sound like a kid who watched hunger games and thinks he can break peoples necks
>>
>>182018
"Erm, I trained for half a decade at my strip mall kenpo school I could fuck you up"
>>
>>182018
You can take a guys eye right out of his head for all that matters
Fortunately the gods saw fit to give him two

https://youtube.com/shorts/4jMWZ4pdYa8?si=tQpYszB0Dt1JG_vN
>>
Grapplers win 9/10 of times in a fight against a striker-based fighter.
>>
>>182050
So you really believe that someone would lie on the internet about being able to eyepoke an opponent? One of the easiest dirty moves in fighting is something someone would lie about?
>>182053
Taking out one just making the other out easier
>>
>>182061
it didn't work
he gouged him to the point of permanent blindness and lost the fight
>>
>>182061
>Oh yeah, hitting two small targets on the face with your two tiny fragile fingers is sooo easy bro

You have not poked out anyone eyes. Stop trying to make it out like you have (hitting a shitty bob dummy does not count)
>>
>>182105
You don't seem to understand, I cut holes into the eyes of the Bob to make sockets and when I train I stick grapes in there
>>
>If a grappler lands a good slam on a boxer they won't get up ever
>>
>>182062
Not being able to beat a blind man is more of a testament to how much of a shitter he is, than the effectiveness of eyegouging
>>182105
I don't have to have done it to know I have the precision to. I don't find it difficult to hit the exact center of a moving target with a knuckle
>>
>>182207
notice the height and weight difference. in those two seconds the smaller guy did so much damage. if they were same weight taller guy would probably be out
>>
It's weird how people conflate grappling with going to the ground

My nigga I'm not going down to the ground with you, I'm going to throw you down
>>
/ourfaggot/ is back and found striking is more effective than grappling in a 1 on 1 self defense encounter
It's fucking OVER, how will the gracies ever recover??
>>
>>178675
ahh yes the classic
>surely I as a striker will make grappling useless by doing X when I fight against someone who trains grappling for 10 years
this shit is the exact same dumbass argument as
>surely I as a grappler will make striking useless by kicking him in the groin when i fight someone who trains striking for 10 years
>>181234
>you dont do takedowns on the street
is your only knowledge of takedowns leg attacking shots? Have you never seen judo, greco, or literally any freestyle upper body throw?
Concrete is the worst fucking place to fight someone who is good at takedowns. BJJ unironically got its clown status with guard pullers because you have to grapple on mats. otherwise 99% of grapplers will have fractured ribs and severe TBI
>>
>>183000
>Have you never seen judo, greco, or literally any freestyle upper body throw?
I have, but nobody in a bjj class ever has
>>
>>182975
*when the attacker has a knife
>>
>>183029
If it doesn't work with a knife in play it isn't going to work without one
>>
>>183041
Easily the most retarded post on this board today
>>
>>183050
There's no such thing as fighting an unarmed attacker
If the guy you're fighting doesn't have a knife the only fair assumption you can make is he has one and you just don't see it yet

Treat every encounter like the person has weapon
Treat every encounter like the person has some friends standing just outside your vision
>>
>>183062
Came here just to say this. The eye poke and bite copes are just dumb striker cope, but the weapons or his friends jumping in thing is not a cope at all. Taking random dudes to the ground in an alleyway is a great way to get stabbed or kicked in the head by his drunk buddies.

To be completely fair, you don't want to fight someone with a knife or friends as a striker either - your best option is still to run the fuck away. But if backed into a corner, the striker fairs better in this case.
>>
>grappling doesn't work because you're always fighting multiple people
Ok retard.
>>
>>183072
It's like I said, you're ALWAYS fighting someone with a knife, even if you don't realize it
>>
>>183072
>cannot wrap his pea brain around the fact that street fights are unpredictable and rules free
>calls someone else the retard
>>
>>183075
>>183083
>schizobabble
Take some meds, might help your paranoia.
>>
>>183130
>non-argument
I accept your concession
>>
>>183191
Concede some weight.
>>
>>183193
Post body w/ timestamp
>>
>>183195
As soon as you post a video of yourself taking your anti-schizoid medication.
>>
>>183196
Dyel spotted lmfao
>>
>>183197
Oooo watch out faggot, 10 of my knife wielding friends are hiding under your desk.
>>
>>183198
Nigga you don't even train, shut up lmao. You already lost the argument, and then you went ahead and further embarassed yourself by bringing up body weight while being a twig.
Feel free to prove me wrong at any time by posting your epic experienced wrestler bod lil bro
>>
>>183201
Feel free to take your meds at any time, schizo.
>>
>>183203
Cope
>>
I've gotten into several "street fights"
let me educate you about what happened

Sometimes the person's friends won't jump in. They may be scared or the person started it and got a beating he deserved. Maybe they have some honour and will understand that. They will still jump in once you have the upper hand and sesperate you

I have also been attacked by around 5 people when I threw a punch at one of them. 5 people with grips on you and punching you in the face.. not much you can do apart from chin down and they fuck their fists up on your forehead

Every fight I have gotten into lasted no more than 30 seconds. All these fights happened in dangerous places such as Saturday night around clubs and sinister people. Usually both parties are keen to leave the area quickly before police arrive.

I have only been in a single true one on one fight in public. Grappling would have helped but so would just being his size and KOing him. The guy was on drugs and threatened to stab me before I hit him. Luckily he was bluffing

Every situation I'm in now for the most part (Saturday night) it's only groups that I'm wary of. Groups of young thugs feel emboldened together and only being a super heavyweight striker and knocking them out QUICKLY will get you out of that situation
>>
>>183207
yea I also watch out for groups of 15-20 yo thugs
thankfully never got into a fight, but had a few confrontations
im pretty sure if i let just one of the thugs from the group come up to me in short distance, i will get sucker punched. maybe you need to always hit first with these.
>>
>>183247
If you don't knock the first one out with such force the rest give up its ogre
>>
>>183251
ye but if a fight is going to happen, you still have just 2 choices:
>strike first - fail to knock him out - they gang up on you - maybe you survive maybe not
>not strike first - get sucked punched - they gang up on you - your chances of survival are much lower after that sucker punch
so striking first always seems to be a better option
>>
>>183252
Definitely true. There's no shame in losing a fight
>>
File: Your turn anon.jpg (2.36 MB, 2425x2996)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
>>183191
>>183195
>>183197
>>183201
>>183206
190cm, 92kg. Now go on and take your meds, we're all waiting.
>>
>>183326
>24 hours later
At least TRY to make the PS less obvious bro LMAO
>>
>>183330
Lmao I accept your concession fag. Still waiting on you to post body or at least take meds. Im not going to sit here and pose for you all day
>>
File: masterpiece of a shop.png (61 KB, 297x257)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>183332
>Im not going to sit here and pose for you all day
Oh but you already did so much more. I literally made you so mad you spent hours searching for a timestamped pic, downloading PS for the first time, looking up Youtube tutorials, and painstakingly looking at a zoomed in image of another mans abs just to make this turd...
Learn to control your emotions lil bro.
>>
File: 20240119_175802.jpg (721 KB, 2085x1534)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
>>183333
Makes sense that you'd call me a zoomer you assblasted faggot since you clearly never heard of filters lmao. Here's one more for you to beat off to as a token of my pity for you losing the argument.
>>
>>183335
>Makes sense that you'd call me a zoomer
Oh no...he's so mad his reading comprehension is slipping
>>
File: model.jpg (56 KB, 1275x541)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>183335
which guy did you use from here?
>>
>>183339
>He thinks some guy I commissioned would have provided a pic reply in 11 minutes.
>>
>>183335
>>183326
i dont even care about the box vs grapple discussion
but to be so much invested in a 4chan discussion that you post pictures of you posing like a gay... thats so sad. im not even trying to be offensive, its really sad.
bro you could look like a greek god, be literally henry cavill or whatever, and still you would lose all respect when you would try to persuade a 4channer that you have "the truth" by posting your body like a whore.
think about if this is worth it.
>>
>>183392
>still crying about getting BTFO 14 hours later
>>
>>183326
>>183335
Based grappling CHAD absolutely mogs DYEL strikefags. I KNEEL.
>>
>>183400
nah, he lost the argument then started shouting SCHIZO MEDS MEDS and posted nudes on 4chan to prove he's in shape to a bunch of anonymous strangers
most pathetic guy I've seen in a while
>>
>>183401
You requested body, so he was bound by 4channel honour to provide. Now that you got mogged, you come crawling back to sneed and cope. The superiority of grappling over striking has been foreever vindicated, WAGMI, it only just began bros
>>
Why not just train both and stop being fucking retarded?
>>
>>183393
im not the guy you were interacting with, im just a passerby. i know it hurts to read the words i wrote and that you need to cope with dismissing my opinion with "ah he is just that dumb anon i BTFOd a while ago", i would do the same bro.
try to think about the pathetic nature of you monitoring this thread and trying hard when you get less emotional.
>>
>>183426
>ah he is just that dumb anon i BTFOd a while ago
I don't need to "cope", that is in fact what happened. Take your meds.
>>
>>183403
I didn't request anything, in fact I'm a neutral 3rd party that has been playing both sides just to stoke conflict
the entire conversation is bad faith, I'm even arguing with some of my own posts to make it seem legitimate
>>
>>183455
>I didn't request anything
>I was playing both sides
Anon, I...
>>
>>181234
>on the street
yh i don't go outside so that wouldn't work on me
>>
If.
>>
>>178177
At the highest level, striking > grappling. At lower skill levels, grappling > striking. It's easier for a bad wrestler to put a bad striker on his ass and g&p in than it is for a bad striker to tko a bad wrestler.
>>
>>183392
Dude he mogged you. Lmao
>>
>>183326
>Pushing the "grappling is always a good choice" myth
>Calls others schizo even when shown video evidence of why its a bad idea
>posts dyel happy trail pics as if fishing on grinder for an appeal to authority
You are one retarded faggot. Here's to hoping you try to pull that shit & leave a pretty corpse in the gutter.
>>
>>183566
Dude you're so butthurt that he mogged you. I'm not even a grappler I'm a striker but he called your bluff

I can only imagine your disgusting unathletic body due to your seething. Lmao
>>
>>183599
Nta retard but whatever you have to tell yourself to get off, simp faggot.
>>
>>183330
"post body with time stamp"
*posts body with time stamp*
"nuh uh"
>>
>>183644
He posted *A* body, not *his* body. Huge difference.
>>
>>183655
shut the fuck up already fatso
>>
>>178189
Nah that's NFL player's... wives.
>>
>>184270
Stay mad and wrong.
>>
>>181931
Kind of this. If it was that common, nearly every video of a streetfight, or other altercations would wind up with them both on the ground. But nearly all of them don't.
>>
>>184346
A lot more do now, but that's because of the cultural influence of the UFC.
>>
>>178179
>the grappler only needs to win the exchange once *while being protected by the rules forbidding slamming, kicking in a prone position (which the grappler always occupies) elbows, and barefisted strikes which excel in close ranges where force cannot be easily generated
yeah dude grapplers reign supreme
>>
>>184500
years of mma and vale tudo proves you wrong
>>
>>184515
>hey, boxer look, if you want to play in our big boy league, you gotta adhere to some RULES, ok champ?
>when this jitsu faggot lays prone on the ground presenting his anus to you, you are NOT ALLOWED to strike him! OK? you are only allowed pillow punches and elbows that DON'T come from above, otherwise it would devolve into a street fight, and the jiu jitsuist would be FORCED to dispatch you in a lethal manner, nothing personnel
>>
>>184646
you could do stomps in pride and vale tudo

mma empirically proved that boxing is literally aikido tier, they get humiliated in every cross discipline/freestyle contest
>>
>>184649
>pride
rigged
>valve tudo
brazillian
>>
Screw all the talk about efficacy or who would win in muh epic street fights. Grapplers sniff other dudes crotches every time they train, their primary strategy in a fight is to immediately go in for the crotch sniff. By default it is eliminated for being gay.
>>
>>186043
lmao, at least strikerlets finally admit that their blood sports derived martial arts is inferior to the military based grapplingchads
>>
>>186763
Sorry I can't hear you down there over your gooch-sniffing. I also need to fart soon so make sure you get all of it
>>
File: Oyama.jpg (17 KB, 333x259)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>182898
Anon,there are no "if" in a fight, only results.

It's one of the first thing I learned in karate.
if the other one is bigger and it's a problem for you then you can :
Ovewhelm with skills, through training.
Train to be the bigger man, lifting.
Run away.
>>
>>178179
Not true, the grappler has to grab the enemy and get him into a favourable position before winning.

The striker only needs to punch a few times on the head
>>
>>188323
boxers can't stop grappling each other even in real boxing matches
>>
>>188329
You're not stone cold Steve Austin buddy
An average grappler will just get punched twice in the face and then get KO
>>
>>184649
>He hasn't seen the MMA fighters and kickboxers get KO by boxers

Look up Tim tylvia getting ko by mercer
Shannon briggs btfo a kickboxer without kicking once

Besides that, all MMA fighters crosstrain in boxing. Boxing is essential, name me one fighter who never threw a punch in his MMA career
>>
>>188412
the average boxer can't KO a guy for 20+ minutes straight and can't go without hugging for more than 30 seconds at a time
>>
>>188414
>name me one fighter who never threw a punch in his MMA career
Art Jimmerson
>>
>>188439
Average boxer is playing smarty pants games for points and conserving energy. most people above 95kg will just clock you a couple times in the chin and you'll be sleeping soundly
>>
>>188445
massive cope
>>
>>178675
I can guarantee you don't train
>>
>>182898
Grapplers can only ever win against literal children 3x smaller lol.
>>
>>188625
It's even more true for striking lmao
>>
>>188628
Striking is the first line of defence. If you need to grapple with someone afterwards I suggest you put on some weight and learn to punch harder and stop letting People get the drop on you
>>
>>188629
We are talking about size differences, trading punches with someone way bigger than you is just retarded. I prefer having a chance to win with grappling versus any punch being a possible KO. Get someone who can't grapple on the ground and they go completely retarded. Some big bubba who never boxed a day in his life could still knock your head with a lucky punch.
>>
>>186763
>military based
I hate this because, it's a bullshit trope invented by faggots like Jocko. You would NEVER be grappling in frontline military operations. SEALs never use fucking BJJ, ever. There is no situation where BJJ comes into play & you don't just pull a side-arm & mag dump. The overwhelming majority of military combat training is not submission grappling focused. Its throws & takedowns & getting to a weapon quick as possible.
>>
>>181234
>You don’t know how to defend yourself against concrete.
Exactly why wrestlers/BJJ have such an advantage over people who whine about grappling being gay.
If you’re fighting on concrete, the person with the advantage is going to be the one who has experience slamming people against the ground. If it goes to the ground, then the guy who actually has experience fighting on the ground and staying on top and controlling the other guy is gonna have the advantage.
>>
>>178179
It's really the opposite. The whole point of grappling is controlling your opponent while minimizing the risk and maximizing your advantage. To finish the fight with grappling you have to control your opponent the whole time while working your way up to a submission. With striking theres always a chance of KO. Reason why grappling beats striking is because grappling stops striking
>>
>>188835
this guy gets it
in military setting EVERYTHING is about fighting your way back to your rifle.

seals didnt enter bin ladin's house expecting to grapple with him or throw strikes, they went in to shoot bullets
>>
>>189501
If they wanted him alive, grappling with him wouldn't be stupid
>>
>>189503
three of them carried flex cuffs, OC and asp batons for that but when his son started shooting all bets were off
>>
>>178177
How is a striker supposed to outstrike me when I double leg him?
>>
would bin ladin have been a good fighter? dude was tall as fuck, long reach
>>
>>194661
>long reach
yeah no kidding
>>
>>178177
Maybe like get good at striking AND grappling.
>>
>>178297
i love how that counts as a knock down but what Justin landed on Max wasnt
Glazing hard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.