[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1702271121868694.webm (2.15 MB, 720x1280)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB WEBM
>s-strength and muscles don't matter, meathea-AAAAAAACCCCKKKK
>>
the big guy even has a shart stain
>>
Why would you sign up for open weight category if you're a smaller guy knowing that the guys in open weight are always like 6'3 and 230 lbs
>>
>>179129
Try to get a cheeky 2 and then stall the clock
>>
>>179123
The only thing americans can do in terms of wrestling is a leg shot. It's just sad. I have a grappler friend who is ex freestyle wrestler and he never uses leg shots in grappling matches because it's the first thing everyone expects from freestyle wrestler. And despite this he dominates people in stand up.
>>
>>179129
The real question is why did he shoot for a double instead of trying for underhooks and trip?
>>
>>179174
Beej faggots can’t do standup that’s why. They just try blast doubles all day.
>>
damn, I guess I really should just grow 6 inches and put on another hundred pounds instead of training
>>
>>179197
Even those faggot gracies admit every 20lbs is a belt level
Those are their words on the matter
>>
>>179221
If the guys are in similar physical shapes maybe
It's probably a bit more complicated though as a 20lb difference on a 120 vs 170 vs 220 are going to feel a lot different
>>
>>179123
what the fuck do you even do? this is one my greatest fears, minding my own business and suddenly getting in a fight with someone way taller and bigger than me. i'm 6'1 yet this fear has been with me ever since i got (randomly) fucked up in primary school by an obese retard

do you go for the head? learn ancient bone snapping martial arts? i really don't know what i could do with my meager boxing skills against someone twice my size
>>
>>179307
Know how to grapple and don’t give your neck to a guy way bigger than you
>>
>>179309
if a 6'8 giant attempts to fight me, i should grapple them? no matter where i grapple they would just do what that guy did in OP's clip
wouldn't it be a far better idea to do some insane martial arts against their kneecaps or explode out their elbow or something? i cannot envision a victory over someone huge unless you strike them in the most sensitive areas and do so very, very quickly
>>
>>179307
The guy in the video was a terminal manlet, probably a buck thirty and generally just frail looking
His best bet would be to blast the knees out with a Kani basami but that's illegal because it's simply too effective
>>
>>179312
i just watched a video on it, what am i looking at here? why does it break/dislocate the opponent so easily?
>>
>>179314
It can be done safely, but you could be really reckless with it too and end someone's whole career by crashing your body weight sideways into their knee
It's just a tremendous and sudden amount of force hitting the joint from it's weakest orientation
>>
File: 1690099278818096.webm (3.9 MB, 1280x720)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
>>179310
>no matter where i grapple they would just do what that guy did in OP's clip
cope
>>
>>179315
thanks for explaining, this makes sense. are there any striking techniques that're similarly banned for being too effective?

>>179316
no i didn't mean as in it's impossible, i just don't know what i'd do. this clip is epic and i'm struggling to wrap my head around it, is it just pure strength? is the key to beating anyone larger than you through raw strength?
>>
>>179317
Of course there's the typical stuff like no hitting the balls, but more conventionally speaking no strikes to the back of the head
It's actually non-trivial to inflict significan neurological damage to someone by doing that
It's a cheeky thing boxers try to get away with where they try to club with their wrist behind the guys ear to make it looks like an accident
>>
>>179318
i'm well aware of that as i myself box and in a gym of mainly muslims they are constantly trying to get a blind strike to the back of the dome. i meant as in do you know of any forbidden technique ninja moves that instantly breaks someones arms and feet at the same time, temporarily remove vision, hit a secret nerve point you know man that kind of stuff
>>
>>179310
No they won’t, you should know how to strike too but the guy in OP just tried to power double into a guy 3x his weight. Bjj fags can’t stand up grapple by and large. I’ve thrown down people that size doing judo and you can too if you don’t do dumb shit like in OP. If for no other reason you need to know how to grapple so you A.) don’t get tackled by Goliath and B.) know how to escape if you get tackled by Goliath.
>>
>>179320
Ninja shit is by and large nonsense. Just train consistently most people can’t actually fight anyways
>>
>>179322
but grappling is so boring. can't i just learn how to hit like rock lee?
>>
>>179320
I do, I have it written on a scroll my sensei trusted to me
But I haven't fully mastered the technique yet. He said it's only for use as a last resort
>>
>>179324
>Grappling is boring
Sorry anon, I didn’t realize you were a pleb. Don’t speak to me any further.
>>
>>179325
anon i do not want to unlock the eight inner gates

>>179327
kek, is there any way to make it more engaging?
>>
>>179327
It really is though
Wrestling is as integrated into school as much as any other sport, nobody tunes in to watch it
There's no demand for grappling as a spectator sport, That's why everybody and their sister keeps coming up with new organizations with different rules to try and stand out and make it interesting
>>
>>179331
>is there any way to make the purist form of a physical contest between two men more engaging?
Not for you, pleb. Here’s a fun fact, the oldest, which is to say the first, conflict in oldest story ever written, the epic of Gilgamesh, is resolved through a wrestling match
>>179332
>bro value is only determined by spectators
This kind of thinking is why you’re a pleb.
>>
>>179333
Seems like you're conceding that it's boring
>>
>>179331
I have a technique I cultivated but I hate using it
I look into the void and bring to mind horrible anxiety inducing thoughts resulting in an adrenaline rush I can use to temporarily enter berserker mode

Through practice I became quite good at triggering episodes on demand
>>
>>179221
>>179268
Pretty sure what the gracies meant was not that every 20 lbs equated to the same threat skill wise. They meant every 20lbs, you would need the knowledge & experience of another belt to handle the challenge.
>>
>>179323
It really isn't. All the mysticism was a product of the times because ninja were based af & figured out how ass blastingly retarded most of the world was at the time. The rest is just basic guerrilla military training, explosives, espionage(feudal era breaking and entering) and far as H2H went, historically accurate ninpo would have used a lot of jiu jutsu if they were intentionally getting into it. Weapons & dirty fighting otherwise, goal was to get away, usually with info. Theres just no point in training ninjutsu because all the koryu are full of shit & likely none are legit.
>>
>>179349
>”ninja shit is by and large bullshit”
>UH ACTUALLY NINJA ARE VERY COOL AND BASED
>all of the koryu are full of shit
Do you have autism? I was clearly referencing martial arts techniques associated with ninja larp. You wrote this dumb post just to agree with me at the end of it.
>>
>>179350
Yes & no, reading comprehension, you're not good at it.
>>
>>179351
Ok, retard. Whatever you say.
>>
>>179307
Get bigger
>>
>>179307
>suddenly getting in a fight
Extremely rare. In most situations you will be able to gtfo. It's pretty easy to avoid getting into fights unless you have shitty street IQ and live in a terrible place.
I could probably rip the guys knee to shreds, but if I pissed off someone that big I would apologize and leave. Not worth the trouble
>>
>>179337
i have intrusive thoughts everyday almost 24/7, about all sorts of things that make me feel sick constantly. i'm in my 20's and this has been happening ever since i was around 12. how would you recommend i use this to my advantage?

>>180045
what if you're with your girl? you can't just apologize to another man infront of your girl, right?
>>
>>179310
grapple his balls retard they are higher
how dumb are u
>>
>>179337
Holy-fucking-autism. Wanna say you were just goofing but you wrote that so sincerely. Trolling or perma-virgin-incel weeb retard. You sound like you just finished tales of the otori & thinking ninja/samurai supery saiyan is for real reals lmao
>>
>>180055
>what if you're with your girl?
I'd rather be single than try to impress some dumb girl by getting my skull cracked open in a street fight. Any rational good woman would prefer you walk away
>>
>>179307
If you mean irl. Thats what a gun is for anon. Guns are the great equalizer.
Trying to win any sort of hand-to-hand battle is retarded. Even ignoring the physical danger and risk they pull a knife, these days I would be worried about some lunatic biting me and giving me aids in a fight.
Just carry, practice, and walk around with peace of mind.
>>
>>179307
Don't put your head down to them and try to execute a double leg on someone who's 90 lbs heavier and 6 inches taller than you.
>>
>>182356
Yeah the dude in the OP came in horizontal, not really sure how he expected that to work out.
Saddest part is that it's probably the only takedown he knows. BJJ is way to focused on groundwork, as good as that stuff is.
>>
>>180055
Any girl I date knows my capabilities up front, my dating profiles have video of me tearing it up in the gym
She knows there's certain times where I'm at training and that's my time
If she wants to see me during those times she can come to the gym and watch ( Also just important as a relationship tip, it's important to establish boundaries and non-negotiables, like for example such and such is my training time and it's important to me so during that time it comes before you do)
So the point is, she already knows I can fuck a nigga up, and so if someone starts shit and I decide to walk away she knows it's because I'm the one that used discretion. She knows it's not that I was afraid, it's because I decided to let the guy off easy since he didn't understand what he was getting himself into.
That guy doesn't realize I could rip his knees apart like wet cardboard, send him on a voyage through the astral plain, or punch his ticket for a first class one way ticket frequent flyers club to slam city
But her an I both know that, so walking away shows restrain not cowardice
>>
>>179307
>Dont put yourself in dangerous situations
>Don't pick fights
>Deescalate
>Run away
>Use a weapon
>>
>>182437
>run away
This is unironically the worst advice people give related to self defense. Not only does it make you look like a Pusey but it increases the level of danger. Running triggers the instinct to chase. Give people the impression that you won’t fight back and cowards who would otherwise keep their distance now feel confident that they can score some free shots on you.

If you actually plan to “run away” you better have a good 100 meter dash time. I suspect though that the majority of people say this don’t actually practice running either.
>>
>>182456
Running away may make sense if your opponent is multiple times stronger, has a weapon or friends
>>
>>182460
Running away gets you jumped if there’s multiple people and if they’re fitter than you and determined to fight they’re probably going to run faster than you too. The only exception where this may make sense is if they have a knife AND are actively running towards you. Otherwise turning your back to someone is completely retarded
>>
>>182460
>Running away may make sense if your opponent is multiple times stronger

Actually, Judo makes more sense.
>>
>>179333
Wrestling has a homosexual undertone to it that I'm just not comfortable with.
>>
>>182460
If you're getting picked on because you're smaller what chance do you think you have of running away?
If he's bigger and stronger he's faster too
Also he's probably black so, worse yet he has friends
You're already not outrunning 1 of them what makes you think you can outrun 5 of em
>>
>>182494
No, that's BJJ.
>>
>>182456
>running triggers the instinct to chase
do you live in a city of literal dogs
>>
>>182577
I live in an American city. Draw your conclusions from there.
>>
>>179316
What if you don't have a sumo thong to grip? Sumo and judo grapples hardly work irl.
>>
>>179129
Did this all the time in Kickboxing. To improve.
>>
>>179123
>>s-strength and muscles don't matter,
Not when you don't know what the fuck you're doing, like that guy. He practically gave him his neck.

So how fat and disgusting are you, OP? Always some pathetic piece of shit coward that gets assed up when other men don't respect their "size and strength", and call you pussies out for your bullshit.
>>
>>182497
if we're talking about a man like the guy in OP's post, a girl with cerebral palsy could probably outrun him
>>
>>179332
Wrestling is literally one of the oldest spectator sports in existence, older than boxing and proto-MMA as an Olympic sport.
>>
>>186360
More cope.
>>
>>186360
So tired of this bullshit lie. I can still toss someone by their waistband or their bunched up shirt sleeve. Shit even on fit people you can find loose skin on the love handles & dig your fingers into the delts. If you've got the grip strength this is not a serious obstacle.
>>186792
>grappling vs. someone who doesn't know anything about grappling
Not the great example you think it is. Fatty pretty much handed that to him.
>>
>>182551
Wrestlefags literally shove their hands into each other's asshole. Grappling arts fighting over who is gayer is retarded. They are all gay
>>
>>186856
Only oil wrestling is really gay. Rest are ok.
>>
>>186856
Yes cheating is a thing
>>
>>186856
>cannot the idea of touching another man without popping a stiffy
Sounds like you’re the one with a problem anon
>>
>>180089
NTA but what he says does work. Try watching a gore/rekt video that involves violence, and you too will feel an adrenaline rush and queasiness, despite only being a video, unless you're desensitized to it. Using your imagination works likewise.
>>
>>179337
Based.
>>
>>179320
You can look up forbidden techniques on YouTube and search engines. Look up MMA/Judo/Wrestling/Muay Thai banned techniques.
>>
>>180098
>Any rational good woman
Anon...
>>
>>179123
I have a friend that's a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He described the relationship for strength to skill as skill is just the most effective way to apply your strength. Our other friend is a white belt that has a ~1500lb powerlifting total and he says whenever he does any move or grabs him anywhere he has to respond to it or he'll make him pay. Being stronger in grappling sports will always benefit someone and can make up for gaps in skill.
>>
>>179307
you manage to get a single leg or a trip somehow and either go for a heel hook or go for the head. If you are being attacked unexpectedly tho it never even began, you need a knife.
>>
>>179337
>implying you can enter a flow state with anxiety
Yeah that's not how flow states work, that's what it's called by the way dipshit. This shit is studied, scientifically, mostly by sports psychologists & kinesiologists. You do not enter flow states through emotional disturbance. FYI, berserkers were tripping balls on drugs to enter a trance state. You're a larping incel faggot that's either just lying or imagining things.
>>188946
>implying you can enter a flow state with gore
Yeah, no. If it were this simple entering a flow state, athletes would be watching gore on the sidelines of big games just waiting for the rush to hit. You sound like a pussy confusing existential dread for a high performance state.
>how to actually enter a flow state
-Clear goal & intense concentration
-Balance between skills & challenge
-Consistent feedback
-Strong sense of control
-intrinsically rewarding activity
-physical conditioning
-relaxation techniques
>>
>0 fighting experience apart from high school locker room bs and a few bar fights in college
>fraternity brother/lifting buddy invites me to go to his mma gym
>meet him there after work
>going to do some rolling
>get paired up with some “””black belt”””
>manlet with a bunch of tattoos and shirt that says “GIRL DAD”
>literally pick him up and hold him
>he tries to kick and wiggle out like a toddler throwing a tantrum
>literally just holding him down
>nothing he could do to stop it
>finally yells "OKAY GET OFF!"
Gave me a lot of confidence and made me realize bjj is a meme. Our kids go to the same school so I see him around and jumpscare him as a joke to make him flinch but he’s a pretty cool guy. I call him 'Get Off' now as a joke to his wife lol.
>>
>>179307
Kick him in the balls as hard as you can. Gouge his eyes with your thumbs. Punch his larynx. Its a life or death situation, so treat it as such by fighting as dirty as possible. Use any weapons around you too.
>>
>>189102
Tasty pasta of relative truth. BJJ is the biggest meme in martial arts right now. It exists in this weird limbo between legit art & bullshido. None of the most common/effective submissions(rnc, arm/leg bar, guillotine, triangle, etc) are not uniquely its own & there are far easier ways to achieve those holds via other styles, such as greco-roman, freestyle, judo, glima, etc. Pretty much any takedown & pin focused grappling system requires significantly less skill but provides more efficient pathways to holds/chokes.
>>
>>179307
I think to deal with bigger/stronger opponents you need to keep your distance from them and have good striking. The last thing you want to do is get close and start grappling, the dude is just going to overpower you, so you're in a MUCH more vulnerable position when you're close. Just get your striking down
>>
>>189109
Catch wrestling fags are beyond delusional.

>Wanking off fucking glima too
What are you doing bro? We have ADCC. We have MMA. Where are these guys at? The only ones I've seen actually back up all their grappling style shitflinging is wrestling.
>>
>>189102
>things that didn’t happen
>>
>>182497
>If he's bigger and stronger he's faster too
that's absolutely not how running works
not in shorter distances, not in longer distances
shit like this make me wonder if any of you actually competed in any kind of sport
>>
>>189116
Josh Barnett, Sakuraba. You gotta bear in mind catch is a critically endangered obscure art, if you want to learn it you will likely have to move country or the USA equivalent of that, it's not common. With BJJ you're going to have multiple gyms in any medium sized city in the Western world. There is simply a difference in the size of the skill pool. That doesn't mean much for the comparison of taking any given juijitsueira and make him a catch wrestler instead and observing the differences. Catch is literally wrestling, with all which that entails, plus submissions. Why wouldn't it be a good art?
>>
>>189109
Except everybody learns BJJ in MMA, or whatever other renamed version of it that's the exact same shit with the exact same positions. Nobody uses any of the meme styles you listed except for the exceedingly rare judo throw.
>>
>>189137
Glima is basically no-gi judo dipshit
>>189116
Majority of grappling champs in MMA are from wrestling, not Bjj, faggot tard.
>>
>>189165
Except they still use BJJ just like literally everybody else, so what the fuck does it matter if they're "from wrestling"?
>>
>>189113
One of the major selling points of grappling wasn't that you get a chance to beat stronger opponents?
>>
>>189166
>bjj faggots taking credit for shit that bjj didn't invent
Why am I not surprised. The only fucking BJJ hold that ever gets results is the kimura, everything else isn't even fucking from BJJ. God you faggots are insufferable. Also "what does it matter if they're from wrestling" idk, maybe because the majority of finishes in MMA are from knockouts, second most are from tkos achieved by using WRESTLING to get to ground & pound. Most tap attempts just end in ground n pound. Shut the fuck uo about BJJ you fucking tard. It sucks donkey dick and most of the time it's just failed tap attempts that end in ground n pound.
>>
>>189230
Your post is completely retarded and I didn’t read most of it but I do think it’s especially funny that you cite the “kimura” as the one bjj lock that gets results when it’s literally named after masohiko kimura, a judoka, and is itself just a variant of ude garami, a judo lock. You have no idea what you’re talking about, autist.
>>
>>179307
be american
buy gun
live the entire rest of your life calm and level headed because you know that you have iron as a last resort
>>
ACK!
https://youtu.be/-mKEfSJe7MM?si=dzhk5lQtG3Bal8fE
>>
File: 1616135577216.jpg (22 KB, 1024x576)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>179123
Don't wrestle someone like that ever
You go for the face or the joints retards
>>
>>189239
>the 1 Japanese thing BJJ is known for isn't even from BJJ
LOL yer really winning there retard. Was not said it gets results, but that it was the only 1 from it. Maybe he's autist but you just made his point even better than he did. All I know is, don't matter what type it is, if you voluntarily choose to defend yourself by practicing rolling around with sweaty dudes. You are a fag, end of story. But I will still salute his argument, the only fucking wrestling that isn't queer is the kind that end in ground'n'pound. Which more often then not aint bjj.
>>
>>179307
This is a guy who also trains. It's definitely viable to beat someone who doesn't train who's bigger than you (but still risky). Sakuraba beat guys twice his size who did train just because he was so much better, but then again the wider knowledge of grappling was weaker back then.
>>
>>189535
Not really. It always cracks me up when judo fags try and play this game. BJJ somehow is just judo moves but also is useless and sucks.
>>
>>189729
now you're getting it
bjj is like handing someone a bunch of bullets with no firearm
all them submissions aren't worth much if you can't even control the guy in the first place
>>
>>189747
Assumptions, like most judo wankers. I do nogi primarily and all rolls start standing. The truth is wrestling is better and simpler for control.
>>
>>189752
Wrestling is worthless, if not outright detrimental, if you don't know how to defend against submissions. We've seen as much during fucking UFC 1.
>>
>>189754
there were no wrestlers at UFC 1
>>
>>189754
I train subs moron. Way more than the average Judoka for sure
>>
>>179123
>double leg against a guy much bigger than you
????????????????????

What the fuck was that retard hoping to accomplish there?
>>
>>186792
>King Kong Bundy
>>
>>189212
false advertising. i've trained grappling with bigger guys. mission impossible if they do not cooperate. then again, it's similar with striking.
gun or spray.
>>
>>179123
This doesn’t prove that at all dude shot for a weak ass double leg and didn’t even bother to try to escape. Both of these guys are garbage
>>
>>180008
Best answer
>>
>>186360
I didnt know you dont wear clother faggot
>>
>>189230
Kimura was invetned by a judoka when he broke a Gracies arm
>>
>>179138
Greco roman won't touch the legs, and judo is too focused on the collar/sleeve. I desperately want an infusion of Eastern European judo guys because they can transition from Georgian A/B to over/under hooks without a complete overhaul.
>>
>>179129
For the bragging rights if you win?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.