[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed (1).jpg (32 KB, 512x292)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I skateboard goofy but snowboard regular
My experience with skateboarding is 15+ years but I've only snowboarded a couple times
Is that weird?
>>
My best guess is you aren’t very good at either if you do this. Your stance is based on your dominant eye, it doesn’t change by sport.
>>
>>186525
i have a left dominant eye
>>
>>186525
fpbp
>>
>>186526
Then you’re regular, period, the end.
>>
>>186544
why have i been skateboarding comfortably in a goofy stance ever since i was a kid then
>>
>>186525
>tfw right eye dominant but orthodox/regular stance in everything
>>
here is an interesting read on the matter

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2017/10/12/determines-skate-stance/
>>
>>186559
Total horseshit. For starters, my right foot is my "stability foot" and I have always been regular.

It's eye dominance. I'm left eye dominant so riding goofy feels "backwards" because my left eye is behind my nose when riding that direction and so feels less comfortable.

OP probably has what I call "fucked stance" where the direction most natural to ride (clearly regular as snowboarding will typically be much faster than skateboarding) conflicts with the way he feels most comfortable doing tricks. I've had a couple friends that, for example, would prefer to ride goofy but pop nollie/regular. This is also why I don't worship nollie/switch tricks unless that person is demonstrably better fully regular/fakie because it just means they have a fucked up stance and that's what feels most comfortable to them.
>>
>>186563
>Total horseshit
I am legally blind in my left eye yet skate and surf regular. So that theory is thrown out. And your friend .. was doing fakie ollies so you dismiss switch/nollie?
>>
>>186563
The majority of people are right eye dominant and the majority ride regular
>>
Your stance is determined by which side of the car you sat on as a child
>>
>>186563
>I've had a couple friends that, for example, would prefer to ride goofy but pop nollie/regular. This is also why I don't worship nollie/switch tricks unless that person is demonstrably better fully regular/fakie because it just means they have a fucked up stance and that's what feels most comfortable to them.
jesus christ the absolute state of skateboarding on /xs/. this is such an embarrassing post
>>
>>186563
You don't skate
>>
>>186563
not /xs/ related but is it true that if your dominant eye is not the same as your dominant hand you have no chance at competitive shooting?
>>
>>186563
>they have a fucked up stance and that's what feels most comfortable to them
Many of the greatest athletes succeed despite their physical and technical limitations, such that they often add new techniques and pedagogy to their respective disciplines.
>>
>>186604
Regular is left eye dominant, idiot. Your dominant eye is literally the one that's in front while riding. There are more goofy footers than you realize and a lot of shitty regular foot riders because they're too stupid to realize they're going backwards.
>>
>>186611
>>186631

Sounds like a couple of copers that always skate "switch" but can't do shit "regular".
>>
>>186640
I don't think so, I'm left eye dominant and right handed and fucking shred targets. I do prefer to close my left eye while shooting, though. IMO shooting is more about steadiness than anything. Depends on what shooting you're doing as well, though, clays and stationary targets are two different things.
>>
>>186724
thats not a thing retard
>>
>>186724
>digging deeper
>>
>>186727
It 100% is a thing, retard. I've known many people that basically exclusively skated switch when it was peak trendy and couldn't do shit regular.

>>186735
Seethe about it, tranny, you don't know shit.
>>
>>186737
why are you lying?
>skated switch when it was peak trendy
wtf are you talking about retard. when was this?
>>
>>186737
You are really out of touch
>>
>>186723
>because they're too stupid to realize they're going backwards
I am not going backwards lol
>>
>>186738

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.