[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Bjj fighters know submissions but suck at takedowns so they either get sprawled and outpunched or eventually get the takedown and win

Wrestlers know takedowns but suck at submissions so they take someone down, win by decision or suddenly get submitted
>>
>>189369
This is seriously the dumbest board
>>
>>189369
Yes they compliment each other
>>
Bjj hasn't won a fight in nearly 2 decades
>>
File: Polish_20240305_172631165.jpg (810 KB, 1548x1698)
810 KB
810 KB JPG
>>189394
20% of ufc fights are won by submissions. Almost all of the fighters who win by submissions know bjj, except for Russians.
>>
>>189394
abu dhabi
>>
>>189369
In practice, yes
In theory, BJJ should be a strict superset of wrestling but BJJ people don't focus on wrestling because, under BJJ rules, sitting into guard achieves the same exact thing as a takedown with less energy expended
>>
>>189399
dominated by an american several times running using techniques developed in america? huh?
also not even a fight
>>189398
which submissions? the judo ones like armbars, triangles, strangles? or the bjj ones like gogoplatas and buggy chokes?
>>
>>189394
People still win with subs even though they are disadvantaged due to rounds and gloves lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSXzDpVAlI

You are retarded and uninformed. Probably don't train at all
>>
>>189416
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRIANGLES AREN'T BJJ MOVES THEY ARENT THEY AREN'T
This coping is pathetic holy shit. Who do you think is training those moves more, Judoka or BJJ guys?
>>
>>189419
As a sambo medalist, judo black belt and bjj white belt, Khabib is not a good example. That's why I said "except Russians".
>>
>>189419
>Probably don't train at all
On this website I always assume no one has any qualification to talk about the subject until given evidence to the contrary.
No one on /k/ owns guns, no one on /fit/ lifts, no one on /xs/ trains, not a single soul on /o/ has ever sat in the front seat of a car, much less behind the wheel
>>
File: loll.jpg (49 KB, 462x594)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>189420
I'm not going to indulge your tranny logic
I don't care what you personally identify as. Things are what they are and the only thing you can hope to do is misappropriate them and hope the people you're talking to are too naive to know the difference. Oldest martial arts grift there is

I guess the front kick is a bjj move too, right?
>>
>>189427
Who is actually using and training these moves with any regularity? It's not judo fags. Stop trying to claim ownership when it all came from the same source but you judofags train it maybe 20% of the time
>>
>>189427
>I guess the front kick is a bjj move too, right?
If X learned it in a bjj class (which is very unlikely) it is a bjj move for X. If X knocked a taekwondo fighter out with a kick he learned in bjj class, it would be a bjj victory. If the taekwondo fighter knocked X out with the same kick, it would be a bjj loss.
>>
File: Basically Just Judo.jpg (119 KB, 680x1483)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>189431
you're wrong, it's the brazilians that are claiming ownership
they're the ones that put the name of their country and stamped it on something that 1 did not originate there and 2 is practiced all over the world

ayee this isn't the japanese jiujitsu its the brazilian jiujitsu!
>americans revolutionize lapel guards and leg attacks
ah cool american jiujitsu
AYEEE NOOO IS STILL DE BRASILIA JIUUUUJIISSSSUUU!
>>
>>189436
Anon you are so fucking autistic holy shit. I genuinely hope you’re not actually a judoka I don’t want you in my sport.
>>
>>189438
the people in charge of judo are doing a fine job pushing people away from sport on their own, you don't need to assist them
fortunately the IBJJF is dying even faster because the jig is up
>>
>>189439
Neither sport is dying just because autists argue bout them on the internet. Go outside.
>>
>>189440
beej is absolutely DOA now, that's why they're scrambling to change the rules to somehow make it more enticing

world masters gets more attendance than worlds. You have a serious problem when the biggest demographic is seniors
I've seen it all at this point and you can feel it on the ground too, tournaments used to run until after 9pm and those same tournaments now are finished by 3:30
they've taken to combining purple brown and black because there aren't enough of each of them to fill brackets on their own
>>
>>189444
>somewhere around one million practioners in the US alone.
>trust me bro it’s totally dieing
Whatever you say
>>
>>189446
there's fewer than 300,000 blue belts globally and that's by combining active and inactive people
it's dishonest for you to take every white belt that took an introductory class they saw on groupon and then say that person is a practitioner which is exactly how the industry tries to inflate numbers
and I'm not accusing you of personally being dishonest I'm saying the industry is being dishonest and feeding you bad info

by the logic being used there everyone that took karate when they were 6 years old for 3 weeks is a karate practitioner forever
>>
>>189455
My kempo Karate green belt is still active and you can’t convince me otherwise
>>
>>189455
>there's fewer than 300,000 blue belts globally
Source? I'm guessing that's IBJJF stats of registered members. Given how dogshit of an organization IBJJF is, the number of unregistered practitioners is probably quite significant
>>
>>189369
More than one person try to fuse them or at least add submissions to wrestling
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5D1Cm7W5LM
>>
>>189463
it's not based on that directly but it's extrapolated from their data showing 1% of blues make it to black
and we know the percentage break down by population through polling
White: 23%
-Blue: 43%
-Purple: 22%
-Brown: 6%
-Black: 6%

and what we find is the majority of practitioners are 30+ but at the same time have been training 3.5 years or fewer

a lot of people try it out, very few people stick with it
>>
>>189473
That's basically just nogi BJJ. There is more and more wrestling focus every year. Which is good. I'm fine with it even changing name to submission grappling or something. Since grapplers can be huge faggots about pedantics and "muh moves"
>>
>>189484
every move name should describe the action taking place
>>
>>189479
But at some point in that process, you have to take their numbers from their registered members and as I said before, not everyone registers.
I'd even go as far as to say that the registered members are now a minority most likely, because there are simply better tournament organizers, not to mention that IBJJF's rules around belts are pretty stupid anyways.

Plus there are people who don't really have a rank because they only do no gi and their gym doesn't really do belts, an approach which is getting more and more popular lately, so even your distributions might be off

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.