[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: giphy.gif (3.65 MB, 480x324)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB GIF
If I go to a boxing gym and I specifically tell my trainer I want to be good at the peekaboo style, how retarded will I look?
>>
>>190166
The trainer will look as stupid as you. Guarantee guys who know how to properly teach the peekaboo are few and far between
>>
Peekaboo works because of his body type and aggression. Your style of boxing may naturally be different
>>
>>190166
How tall and heavy are you?
>>
>>190171
167cm, 68kg more or less
>>190170
I'm also small and I have a mean fist
>>
Why does everyone want to fight like Tyson? He's not the only great boxer in the world.
>>
>>190172
Post body, and I say that unironically. It's not just about your height and weight. It's about you body proportions and how those match up to the meta in your target weight class.
>>
File: IMG-20240107-WA0005.jpg (170 KB, 1365x1665)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>190190
Me basically
>>
File: 20231127_102447.jpg (835 KB, 2556x2122)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
>>190190
Pic of my back
>>
>>190166
He'd teach you somethin like this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5HbhMCga5U
>>
>>190200
>>190201
Looks alright for peak a boo, but you should know dudes will probably dance circles around you in the weight class you'll end up in after slimming down. Peak a boo worked for tyson partially because it was a very agile style for a weightclass where fighters are slow as shit due to their size. There are better approaches for speed and agility at your WC.

Why do you want to learn peak a boo? Do you intend to actually fight? If so I'd recommend just finding a good boxing gym and doing whatever the fuck the head coach tells you to. If you want to learn for fun it's probably best to just find a gym to learn boxing basics and try to study Tyson on your own. Peak a boo is a very niche thing that's outdated, you won't really find many places that would bother giving you custom training like that. Unless you hired a private coach, I guess, but that's expensive as shit.
>>
>>190212
Damn, that's completely logical actually. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>190212
Also
>There are better approaches for speed and agility at your WC.
I'd love to hear more about that
>>
>>190215
I'm just a hobbyist and can't coach you into picking a style that works for you anon, but on lighter weight classes I'd almost see infighters having trouble to run down all the speedy fucks wanting to go in and out of range on their own pace. They 100% needed to try having the other guy cornered to do be able to fight.

But really, what is best for you will vary massively depending on your body and mindset during a fight. It's more something you grow into than decide you'll do before training. A good coach will be able to take a look at you and point you in a general direction, but you'll have to trial and error the process and teouble shoot variations until you find what works for a guy like you. And if you ever want to actually fight you'll probably have to do that all over again every fight to fine tune your style to your particular opponent.
>>
>>190188
It's simply a matter of Tyson having a really unique and entertaining fighting style.
>>
>>190188
Not a peakaweeboo, but I always appreciated how light Tyson looked like fighting despite his size.
>>
>>190166
normal coaches will teach you traditional boxing, and with enough experience you can develop your own version of peek-a-boo.
>>
>>190169
Fpbp.
>>
>>190201
it's doable but you need the balls to hang out in the pocket and bang also ttheres the question of reflexes and endurance.you need to go through a lot of discomfort to get good.
>>
>>190238
>you need to go through a lot of discomfort to get good.
Like with everything
>>
>>190188
Same reason everyone wants to try the philly shell, to feel like le anime protagonist
>>
>>190200
>>190201
Not bad bruv
>>
>>190166
If he’s not a boomer he’ll probably have no idea what you’re even talking about
>>
>>190166
If you just get there and ask for that you will get look at like how my wife looks at me after I finish under 5s. If you wait some time and then make suggestions to your coach
>should i do this?
>coach i kinda like this, how can i do this but better?
then you'll probably be fine.

I specifically told my Muay Thai instructor long guard felt more comfortable and intuitive for me after a few classes and he just said "alright, let's work on it" but we never stopped working on other guards
>>
>>190166
The new meme now is soviet style

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.