[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GLFMYA2.gif (649 KB, 320x180)
649 KB
649 KB GIF
Insecure 5'9" dude here. If you could only pick one martial art as a manlet for self-defense on da streetz (like a rando walks up and wants to beat the shit out of you) what would it be? The only gym near me offers either Muay Thai or BJJ
>>
>>196917
Which ever one your more likely to stick with long term. Consistency matters more than anything else.
>>
as someone that has never done muay thai and has been doing jiujitsu for years, I find myself way more impressed by the muay thai capabilities

jiujitsu is not very good, it's just a massive cope that some random asshole 30 years ago won some matches against some other random assholes (one of them by using a weapon) then for whatever reason that proves it's the ultimate martial art
>>
>>196917
Listen to >>196927
Go try a class/week at each place and see what you like more. You will likely never get into a fight anyways
>>
>>196917
>for self-defense on da streetz
get a knife and/or gun
>>
>>196950
That's a non-answer, you're not allowed to resort to lethal force over fist fights
>>
>>196917
If you're young muay thai, old bjj.
>>
>>196963
You can learn kickboxing and boxing at any age really. Grappling is Hella worse for your spine etc
>>
>>196955
>you're not allowed to resort to lethal force over fist fights
Depends entirely on the jurisdiction.

>>196975
>Grappling is Hella worse for your spine etc
There seem to be a fair number of old men doing judo.
>>
>>196983
>There seem to be a fair number of old men doing judo
Personally, I feel that getting thrown is often the least painful part of grappling when your partner isn't a retard and you know how to break a fall. In contrast, getting the life squeezed out of me in bottom half guard or nay pin always leaves me feeling like someone took a sledgehammer to my chest and back afterwards, and I'm hardly a geezer at 21
>>
>>196917
buy a gun
then train a striking and a grappling art
as well as start lifting
>>
>>196917
Bulk up to 180lbs of muscle and start doing Muay Thai. After 6 months of training you'll be able to beat up 90% of random guys on the street. After a couple of years you'll be able to pretty much beat up anybody who has trained less than you and isn't a 6'4 linebacker in the NFL.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.