[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What if UFC had heightclasses instead of weightclasses?
>>
I've always said this should be the cade, every 4 inches is a new class and you can keep the same division spread
>>
>>197415
All combat sports should be open competition with no classes of any kind.
>>
>>197418
But what about manlets?
>>
>>197419
Well not for nothing but why do they think they have a right to be professionals in a sport if they're not athletically gifted enough
Other sports don't have a professional manlet division

If you want to play basketball or football or some shit, be a big person or get so good that you can be 5'6" and still keep up
Sports fans want to see the best of the best, not the jr.s
>>
>>197419
If manlets can become top division mainstays in sumo, they can manage in any other sport. Go and tell Midorifuji he shouldn't be allowed to fight the big boys.
>>
Height and reach are a huge factor when it comes to striking, being shorter allows for better grappling.

But yeah, Suga Sean is basically on PED's being that fucking tall in his weight class. Nobody can get close.
>>
>>197423
I get your point but I wouldn't want to miss out on Demetrious or Cejudo
>>
>>197423
now who are you going to put on your undercard
>>
>>197425
>>197415
I think it would promote bloatmaxxing too much, fatties are boring to watch
>>
File: fight stats.png (115 KB, 1024x1803)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>197415
Reach matters more.
The question is how much does weight matter?
I would make a chart, but idk how to.
>>
>>197415
Are O'malley's shoulders uneven or is it just me? Has he always been like that?
>>
>>198072
they're narrow and uneven
>>
>>198059
I guess you could look at the old ufcs, like the first 10, when everything was absolute, and see what the weight advantage to win ratio was like. But the data is so old its hard to compare to modern day.
>>
>>198059
>>198148
Oh well, I guess someone will have to run an open-weight MMA tournament for a few years and see what happens.
>>
>>197415
So thankful i have wide shoulders
>>
Dc is only shorter because he has no neck which is an advantage in all combat sports. Look at his waste line and shoulder height he is 6’2 proportions with no neck and a short round head. Put omalleys neck and head and he’s 6-2
>>
>>198185
No. I could use modern heavyweight fights.
Brock lesnar had a 45 lb advantage on randy.
igor vovchanchyn vs paul varelans showed even a 123 lb weight advantage isn't an absolute win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNw2PqrQBv0&t=7s
>>
>>197423
That is the beauty of combat sports though. Because in team sports weight classes are impractical we have a place to put athletic midgets.
>>
>>197419
They can compete. Manlets have gotten way too cocky lately. They're like women who thinks they can actually fight a grown man. All thanks to this UFC bullshit.
>>
>>197476
FUCK undercards. Elimination tournament. One big night. No matter HOW fucking long it takes. Don't have the stamina to watch the whole thing? Fuck you. You don't DESERVE to be in the presence of warriors.
>>
>>198835
I'm inclined to agree with that

preliminaries on day 1, 8 man bracket day 2
>>
>>197419
They would finally learn
>>
File: 1711479367690363.jpg (51 KB, 520x400)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Sean O'Malley is pretty good and everything but his work on South Park I find a little lack luster.
>>
>>197415
Ok
>>
>>197423
The reason team sports don't have weight classes is because it is a logistical head ache. For individual sports it is possible. Also heavy weight MMA fighters are typically low skill because the best heavy weight athletes have other options as you mentioned whereas midgets can only compete in combat sports so we get to see the absolute best of their weight class. Remember the ultimate casual favorite was Connor Mcgregor not some 250 lber.
>>
>>197423
Funny how short Sumo's dominate a lot of taller good for nothing trash rikishi.
>>
>>197415
The whole sport would be full of fat blobs like heavyweight already is
>>
>>198835
>cue the injury retirements
As based as they were, tournaments were full of random bullshit ruining the competition
>>
>>204815
Best modern Sumo is 6'3" or so
>>
>>198835
Oh yeah I totally want to watch Royce vs Shamrock 2 again. No time limits, 33 minutes of lay and pray. true warriors
Fucking cringey shithead
>>
>>204922
I think most people who romanticize the tournament structure never really experienced a few live. They don't have the same investment because the fighters aren't current, so there's less disappointment when all of the sudden a bout change happens because X fighter can't continue for whatever reason despite winning.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.