[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bane_TDKR3.jpg (27 KB, 300x450)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Lmao if I can deadlift 500lb I can just pick you up and slam you on the fucking ground, all you're little bjj and wrestling bullshit doesn't mean jack shit XD
>>
Okay. Now go to an mma gym and try that theory out
>>
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4296471/shocking-moment-mma-fighter-kills-champion-powerlifter-in-brutal-street-fight-after-he-was-mocked-for-being-no-better-than-a-gymnast/
>>
File: 1709605997150385.png (71 KB, 283x262)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>197583
>throwing a shark into the ocean
You're in my world now...
>>
>>197583
>if
>>
>>197583
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-u_eF0UBA
>>
You're less durable than a fat guy, with only slightly better stamina. More willpower, but you can't take a punch, or beat any form of technique. W/ proper technique, any guy could pick you up and slam you on your neck just the same.
>>
tank abott talks about this and I bet technique matters alot less when you're 200+ lbs fighting regular sized people
>>
It just doesn't translate at all.
I trained powerlifting in my teenage years and my 20's, I trained BJJ & Judo in my 20's and 30's.

Powerlifting is AWESOME when combined with Martial Arts but it's absolutely terrible on it's own.

Powerlifters have mentally trained themselves to TAKE TIME to hype themselves up.
Then to TAKE TIME grasp the weight, clench it tight, grit their teeth.
Finally they explode into the lift, which is very good.
Then afterwards they TAKE TIME to mentally unwind and decompress, before restarting this routine.

The mentality of the powerlifter is "build up"
But there is no "build up" in a fight, everything happens all at once and doesn't let up until the winning decides it's over.

There's no hype up phase, there's no feeling out phase, there's no unwinding phase.

A real fight is just a relentless pursuit to not be the loser.

Powerlifting on it's own is absolutely terrible for self defense, now combine it with a martial art and you are golden.

Look at Gordan Ryan and Jon Jones, they were both very into powerlifting, and are almost unstoppable during competition.
But they also train martial arts.
>>
>>197583
Ironic that you use a photo of Tom Hardy because the dude trains BJJ
>>
>>197583
Barbells don't bite you.
>>
>>202148
Someone's never wacked their shin on a competition bar.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.