[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Neck bridges
Good or dangerous?
>>
danger, just like the dead lift
>>
i've been doing them for years in judo and never had an issue. they made my neck thicker
>>
>>197945
I don't think they're dangerous necessarily, but I've heard of people claiming premature wear-and-tear on their cervical spine from doing these. Don't know how much truth there is to it though
>>197950
Deadlifts are an IQ filter. They're only dangerous if you're retarded
>>
A front bridge like that is incredibly dependent on your ability to regress and load. If you're anywhere near Tyson's size, it gets real dodgy, especially once the traps start creeping over the skull. Not completely impossible to get to, but probably requires more patience and management than most people are going to be able to apply assuming you're already mostly grown.
>>
>>197945
Go to /fit/ with this shit
>>
>>198006
Dead lifts are always dangerous for everybody and have no value to athletes
>>
>>198081
>t.filtered
If you injured yourself deadlifting, it means you tried to lift weights you had no business touching. I consider than an IQ test failed
>>
>>198082
if you have a coach that ever includes a deadlift in your training program find a new coach because he has no idea what he's doing
>>
>>198073
I have never seen neck bridges advocated outside of fighting sports, definitely feels more /xs/ than /fit/ to me.
>>
>>197945
I doubt these things are actually good for anything. Never seen any research to that end.
>>
>>198082
bro it's time to stop
>inb4 muh filter
>>
>>197945
I don't know how I realistically could have built the kind of neck strength needed for wrestling without training neck bridges. You need good neck strength for fighting head-against-head in the neutral position, for resisting cross-face and similar techniques, and for staying off of your shoulders if you get put onto your back. Perhaps for other sports there's a better way to build neck strength, but in wrestling where neck bridges are a standard technique to avoid a pin it's probably hard to avoid training neck bridges.
>>
>>198087
You're a fucking retarded newfag then.
>>
>>198306
I only talk fitness with other fighting sport people, I don't know what they're doing over there on /fit/ or what that has to do with the conversation here on /xs/ between fighter chads and pencilneck basedcucks.
>>
>>198303
Deadlifts are an S tier exercise and the people who complain about them either don't want to do them because they're hard or because they injured themselves like retards
So which one of the two are you?
>>
>>198338
https://youtu.be/9DKUZguJMB0?si=fCnKwSOOqG7iMXlj
>>
>>198341
>I can't formulate a coherent argument so have a 15 minute YouTube video instead
Zoomers were a mistake.
>>
>>198346
There's no need to formulate an argument when someone is as wrong as you are, The topic has been beaten to death at this point

You're just dug in to your wrong position now and refusing to budge because of ego
>>
>>198348
Maybe you just aren't strong enough to pull him up out of the hole. Deadlifts might help.
>>
>>198348
>The topic has been beaten to death at this point
Maybe in your head, but in real life deadlifts are still very popular.
>refusing to budge because of ego
*lack of evidence
Throw some robust research at us if your YouTube brain has the attention span for it. It's very hard to argue against training the fundamental human movement of lifting a thing off the ground.
>>
File: Gobble.jpg (16 KB, 400x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>198348
EarthRocker here. I came here just to tell that nigger the same thing
>>
>>198073
To be fair, it doesn't matter where he posts it. It's all fucked.
>>
God demonstrated His love to us by sending His Son Jesus Christ, who died and rose from the dead to Give us eternal life. He also promised to heal your body. If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead. He'll give you eternal life.
>>
>>198351
>the fundamental human movement of lifting a thing off the ground
Something multiple times your body weight without help? Yeah, nah, there's no context ever at all in which a person would ever do that aside from if they're dead lifting
>>
>>199620
Lmao, peak urbanite bugman mentality. Are you actually interested in the reasons you're wrong or are you too invested in your anti-deadlift, anti-human worldview?
>>
>>199620
>Yeah, nah, there's no context ever at all in which a person would ever lift heavy things off the ground
>>
>>197945
Tyson told Joe Rogan that neck bridges fucked up his neck over time. Our bodies aren't designed for that shit.
>>
>>198073
insecure pencil neck spotted
>>
>>198081
Deadlifts are great for strengthening the back and if you do them with a light load and a fuckton of reps it becomes and almost whole body cardio type of exercise.
You also type like an ESL retard.
>>
>>198341
You know the guy is pointing out the reasons as to shy you woukd want to DL right? Retard.
>>
>>197945
neck bridges are very safe if you aren't retarded or fat which probably isn't you, nonetheless almost all high schools will drill neck bridges, or at my school neck circles for wrestling. and if high schools are allowed to drill it without issue it should fit right into your routine just fine without injury, great way to build your neck
>>
>>198341
>some skinnyfat narrow shoulder roidhead youtube influencer faggot said its bad therefore its le bad
drop the barbell on your neck next time you benchpress
>>
After you can hold a regular neck bridge for about 90 seconds move on to pressing a barbell from that position. I think the most I did that way was about 120 lbs for sets of 5, but I only trained them for like 3 months.
>>
>>197945
They are bad, that exercise just fuck your cervix.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.