[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

why did airplane racing fail to take off?
>>
More expensive and autismal version of F1.
F1 allows watchers to have racing power fantasies cause everyone drives a car, but not everyone drives a plane.
>>
9/11 really put a damper on things
>>
Adding a third dimension to movement becomes an exponent multiplier in horrific accidents, not an addition.
>>
File: 1521925218730.png (371 KB, 715x655)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>199294
you don't actually want the answer to that, huh? you just made this thread for the pun, didn't you?
>>
>>199417
I wanted an answer but the pun was too good to pass up
>>
File: OIP(43).jpg (59 KB, 474x669)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>199294
I dunno, but this movie was based (it had plane races)
>>
It's lame, racing through boring pilons in a blank 3d space. Give me a race though fjords, the grand canyon or a cool abandoned city in china and you've got a show. However it's going to be extremely dangerous.
>>
aviation is hilariously dangerous, there's so many ways for things to go catastrophically wrong
>>
>>199298
Word to the wise, remember pearl harbor
>>
The 1970 Mojave 1000
https://youtu.be/nRMGgnFusEg
>>
The faster planes go the slower they move. A fast plane turns boringly slow, plus they're further from opponents and obstacles.
>>
This is the Strega vs Voodoo duel at Reno in 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvRmZZZEzF8
>>
>>199294
for as cool as it is its expensive to make good planes and "racing" planes would have to involve distances so far that spectators wouldn't be able to see it well
pilots get a much bigger crowd and more money for solo trick shows, dogfights with blank firing machine guns and tannerite bombs, or just simply giving people rides
speaking of the topic though, why isnt piloting a general on either here or /sp/, its something i'd like to get into myself one day
>>
>>200180
nah, as far as racing airplanes goes, its one of the most docile things you could do as a pilot
>>
>>201045
there's probably a general aviation thread on /n/
>>
>>201059
thanks, thats what i was looking for

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.