[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2118.jpg (108 KB, 750x473)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
How do I study the art of kenjutsu?
>>
>>199385
Go to a kenjutsu dojo and sign up for classes. What the fuck are you expecting out of this thread?
>>
>>199385
1. Find a place that teaches Kenjutsu.
2. Make sure they are legit, this usually means a koryu. If you are not sure about a group politely ask somewhere.
3.Get in contact with them.
>>
>>199387
>>199388
Can I just learn the basics at a dojo and practice in my own?
>>
>>199390
Maybe if you never want to progress past (very bad) basics. But most kenjutsu is taught with a partner, and requires a large time commitment to get anywhere.
>>
>>199391
I just wanna learn how to do cool sword dances and spins and stuff. I mostly only care about good technique.
>>
>>199392
Not many kenjutsu schools do long sword dances or much spinning.
Kenjutsu tends to look somthing like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK5D9FzDZCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka8YrXx16Zw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeGeP-L7GGI
>>
>>199393
How do i learn how to do sword tricks?
>>
>>199390
>it’s another home trooner thread
Making these should be a bannable offense
>>
>>199395
If you just want to twirl a sword around without any meaning, I'm not sure, but you probably are not looking for kenjutsu, or kendo or iaido for that matter.
>>
>>199406
You need stance and footwork retard
>>
>>199388
I’m curious what are some signs a place isn’t legit?
>>
>>199434
Legit here means recognized lineage. Usually one that goes back to before the Meiji era, though there are exceptions. Granted a school could have all of that and be mediocre, or even a joke, but the same places online that can tell you if a style is legit can usually tell you if a certain teacher has a horrible reputation.
>>
I'd be completely not interested in wearing the silly pants
>>
>>199387
FPBP, but dumb thread. I mean really, really dumb thread.
>>
>>199392
You want something more like Chinese wushu gymnastics
>>
>>199387
This. Or if you're a poor fag there are tons of manuals where you could pick up some of the basics. You'll never be as good as someone who spars, but it'll be something. Plus you can do conditioning so that once you do get into a school you will hopefully have an easy go of things.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.