[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why are girls that do climbing/bouldering so damn cute
>>
seriously they are
I think its because you can't be fat and they already have petite bodies that become toned and muscular
>>
>>201459
Races with best physiology for climbing are also the prettiest. Second, there is an economic barrier that tends to screen out thirdies*. However, the thirdies that do manage to squirm their way in to this hobby tend not to be very good because of point 1. Point three is the sport is very physically demanding. There are no fat climbers.

Best climbing countries: Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Japan, South Korea.
* Indonesia has a grip on speed climbing for some reason I'm not sure why. They can monkey up the speed wall crazy fast but anything involving technique and stamina is beyond them.
>>
>>201559
Take a look at SEA island topography. Shouldn't take too many braincells to piece together.
>>
>>201566
Yeah it follows that they CAN climb. The puzzler is why they excel at speed climbing specifically and not so much any other discipline.
>>
>>201559
>the speed wall
seriously there's such an opportunity for this to be a good sport if the wall wasn't the same configuration every time
the wall should be different for every competition
hell, it should be different for every heat of a competition
>>
>>201570
I agree with this to a point. Speed climbers argue keeping wall same means the sport is more a pure speed event and less about beta, sort of like 100m sprint. Also they can do keep world records as it's always same format. The problem is this is boring (for me to watch). I would rather they do a new set for each event. Changing it every heat is a bit excessive.
>>
>>201572
the flaw with the purity argument is the configuration of the wall is completely arbitrary and asymmetrical
if they cared about purity then it would be a ladder type configuration with symmetrically ascending grips of different types

to equate that to another sport, sumo. Sumo is a pure sport, push the guy out of a circle
imagine if instead of a circle it was now a scalene triangle, it's the same sport but suddenly it isn't so pure anymore
>>
>>201459
there's a shitton of lesbians
>>
>>201572
As a speed hater so obviously an authority on the subject I think they should change it every season. It's the best of both worlds. At the start of the season you get the wild west beta competition and then for the rest of it you get the long term refinement and record chasing. As a bonus regular plebs outside of high performance sporting programs might ever think about trying the speed wall at least once a year instead of never so you'd get some new blood into the sport.
>>
>>201790
I can purify them

I will make her wear a sun dress
I will make her hold hands and walk with me
I will make her take a picture and give a peace sign in front of the penguin exhibit at the zoo
>>
>>201459
middle class sport. Genuinely fit people sport.
>>
>>201568
It's a lot cheaper to build a speed wall with a couple of autobelays compared to building and seting a number of lead route or boulder problems to an international comp standard.
>>
>>201459
if you find out let me know
>>
>>201922
>▶
Not a sport. And the average faggot gym climber is not, in any sense, fit.
>>
>>202057
Who's that? She looks very young
>>
>>202215
*Yung
>>
File: Capture.jpg (7 KB, 237x179)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>202215
>>
>>201459
I don't see them, climbing gyms near me are 80% male with half the girls there with their bf.
>>
>>202215
Elementary school 6th grade
>>
>>201801
Nah. World Cup Style. Each event gets its own set. Athletes get Friday to practice, Saturday is quali to eliminate the low performers that round, and Sunday is essentially a track meet. 10-16 rounds per year around a bunch of countries.

Pick 1 round to use the current standard format and have a bunch of countries also double up and hold their national championships and/or world championships at the end of the year (which is obviously separate from the cup championship).

Eventually there will be different layouts that evolve. Maybe a slightly altered hold here or there every year, but for the most part, each round has a specific layout that doesn't change much.
>>
>>201459
This is so true.. even the receptionist at the indoor bouldering gym is hella cute.
>>
>>201459
They tend to be fit and fit people are more attractive on average

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.