[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

No amount of /xs/ contrarianism will ever change the fact that vast majority of good mma fighters train bjj and nothing but boxing produces more finishes
>>
I DONT FUCKING CARE

IM THROWING PEOPLE CAUSE ITS COOL

DANA WHITE SHILL GET OFF MY FUCKING BOARD

GOD FUCKING DAMN
>>
>>201535
That wasn't even true in 2010 let alone today.
>>
>submissions are bjj
>uses an example of a leglock methodology invented by white men in new york city
>>
>>201549
>NOOOOOOOO that's not REAL bjj!
>>
>>201565
its not

heel hooks have been illegal in bjj until 3 years ago
>>
BJJ it's everywhere, wrestling it's only for school boys, judo don't teach submissions
>>
>>202040
>judo don't teach submissions
Where did you get that retarded idea?
>>
>>201535
Wtf this is the instructor from my local gym
>>
>>202040
The entire premise of Ronda Rousey's MMA career was that years of judo excellence gave her a nearly unstoppable arm bar.
>>
>>202040
Wtf? Are you retarded? Look any world comp or olympic judo. Oly judo is more fucking subs than throws you fucking larping shitbird, get the fuck off this board, you know nothing.
>>
>>202040
Are you the same retard from that other thread who insisted the average judo club doesn’t train any submissions because of the Olympics? You got blown the fuck out and then kept sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting “LALALALA CANT HEAR YOU” right? You’re that retard?
>>
>>202138
>>202183
>>202193
>>202232
Did they really teach submissions in a common dojo?
>>
>>202274
Yes
>>
>>202274
Absolutely, yes. It would be weird not to. Ground work is often used to entertain novice students who can't fall properly yet so it's typically something you do from the very beginning.
>>
>>202274
Yes you fucking retard, you were told the exact same thing in the other thread. You need to both know submissions and submission defense to compete in Judo.
>>
>>201535
I really don't see anyone outside this fucking board criticizing it
>>
>>203536
Where else are you looking? Even The Simpsons mocked the butt-scoot. BJJ is fine for what it is but it's far from a perfect system.
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=r8q6vTijil0
>>
File: this-motherfucker.jpg (68 KB, 945x797)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>202274
> mfw I realize John Danaher traveled back in time to the Edo period in order to sperg out at a samurai, just so he could call a cross arm lock by a Japanese name that hasn't been uttered in over 150 years
>>
>>202040
We share a board with people like this, at least say you train something
>>
MMA fighters train a vastly pared down version of BJJ designed to eliminate risk, recover to their feet, and stall in dominate positions they can accrue points. They do not train BJJ like BJJ people do, they train grappling for MMA. So like 90% of the technique you use in a gi is gone due to grips and slipperiness, and even most of the nogi stuff because you are only focusing on recovering guard, standing up, or holding a top half and back. Now shut up.

-T been training since Chuck was the champ.
>>
>>205087
Mighty Mouse trains gi and says no-gi is easier, all anyone needs to know
>>
>>205114
cope, he only won against that big guy because of the gi
he had no path to victory otherwise. It's a crutch
>>
>>205115
Wasn't even talking about that match just mentioning that he likes gi more and says no-gi is easier. It is quite cock throbbing that you malded all on your own, I will laugh at you in real life for this haha.
>>
>>205122
he's a weak manlet, of course he finds the strength based style more difficult than the agility based one

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.