[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>is the most ineffective position for the hand to hit something bio-mechanically speaking
>>
how do you mean?
>>
>>202934
He means that he has Down syndrome
>>
>>202934
>>202932
It's the palms debate again. The knuckles of the hand are not an ideal striking surface. But pretty much any truth to this is found only within the confines of RBSD scenarios
>>
>>202932
Yes, God intended humans to do wrestling
>>
>>202988
>>202989
Yet ive TKO'd people with one punch to the jaw

Curious
>>
>>202990
>TKO'd people with one punch to the jaw
Don't think you know what TKO means. Anyways. The differences between knuckles & palms are minimal. What risks there are with knuckle punching is mitigated with very little training. But it is true that the base of the palm is a more suitable surface for striking. It's honestly not that big a deal & anyone sperging out like OP is a fag. You could easily make arguments for why palms are unsafe, i.e. hyperextension of the wrist. There are all kinds of hand formations appropriate striking under different circumstances but no one can deny that the fist is the most utilitarian and can be used in almost any situation.
>>
>>202990
God intended humans to have heterosexual intercourse yet youve put your penis into your friend's ass

Curious
>>
>>203000
>There are all kinds of hand formations appropriate striking under different circumstances but no one can deny that the fist is the most utilitarian and can be used in almost any situation.

You can grab with an open hand.
>>
>>203006
>There are all kinds of hand formations appropriate striking under different circumstances but
>Striking
Anon, no-one is disputing that it's easier to grab with an open hand but the debate is specifically about optimal striking.
>>
>>203025
You made the statement "that the fist is the most utilitarian and can be used in almost any situation" however the most utilitarian strike would be from the palm and wrist bone as it has the most versatility and utility to another maneuvers. The transferability from a strike to a grasp is faster and can lead to using a range of other maneuvers not just from the hands, that seems to have a lot of utility and would seem to be more utilitarian than a basic punch.

However, this whole thing is like arguing high bar squats vs low bar squats. It doesn't really matter, I'm just in favor of palm striking.
>>
>>203025
>>203031
Oh also,

A punch has the impact's force traveling from a further and much weaker point up the arm and into the body, even when hit properly (the middle knuckle) it's still incredibly disadvantages to the producer.

When you use your palm and wrist bone (scaphoid and lunate bone specifically) the force is distributed greater into the body and more directly through the ulna and radius.
>>
>>203033
I prefer palm strikes myself, but I feel the need to clarify 4 things:
>I am not the original guy who made the claim
>Palm is slower and more telegraphed than a jab
>Fist is not just used for jabs to the face, but also for hammerfists (arguably safer than palm strikes and more effective, albeit slower and require more specific opportunities), body shots (particularly liver shots) and cutting which can also end the fight
>Risk management is important, but dangers become negligible with basic training and both palm and fist become less a matter of personal safety pragmatism and more of a preference
>>
Just pragmatically speaking when they're like don't punch because you'll break your hands!
It's like nigga this guy's trying to knock my head off rn, I'll worry about my hands after
>>
>>203226
There is no reason a palm strike would be telegraphed more. It begins in a less aggressive position and the first strike will be more unexpected (unless you're a retard focusing on gladiator matches for Israel). You can easily grab a fag and break his skull on the concrete.
>>
>>202990
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read all this shit about grappler supremacy and then go spar at my mma gym against 5 year bjjfags and they can't take me down
>>
>>203705
Well that can easily be explained. You see, BJJfags pull guard. Not actually take down people.
>>
>>203000
I know what a tko is. Its when the person gets dropped and is too dazed to continue but still awake
>>
Bas Rutten swears by palm strikes and he's knocked out a lot of people with them so the conclusion to be made here is that they are good

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.