[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Andy Anderson Edition
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRj11yZO9Ck

Basic brand info for beginners http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe reviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

Submit a shoe review: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

Just skate and have fun. You're never too old or fat to skate. Skateboarding is 90% mind 10% body.

Skatepark etiquette: Remember everyone there shares a common interest with you.

Last Thread: >>201064
>>
>>203629
>>203375
you make a good point but style matters...
>>
>>203629
>Skateboarding is 90% mind 10% body.
Bullshit. If you're just getting started, it's more like 70/30 with 70 being body, until you build the correct muscles and muscle memory, then it's transposed. Most good skaters have no fucking mind to speak of, they don't fucking think. They are, however, physcially fit and... wait. They have no minds, but they are good? Maybe it is 90% mental, but they have that aspect removed, like the equivalent of retard strength, but for skating? If you have a brain you cannot skate well. No, Mark Suicune is not smart and autismo powers like Andy Autison and Rowdy Rodney Mullers is cheating.
>>
>>203632
i agree, mark suciu is a massive pseud
>>
>>203632
>but they have that aspect removed, like the equivalent of retard strength
yes fear and being self conscious are the biggest gains goblin
>it's more like 70/30 with 70 being body
maybe if you are a fat retard with no coordination
>>
if I hawk tuah and spit on this thing will I grind better?
>>
>>203641
you need to go back
>>
>>203641
simbly ebic :D
>>
Apparently andy used some sort of "cheat" in this part that has people butt hurt. Can anyone time stamp it in the part because I watched it and couldn't find it?
>>
>>203656
>Apparently andy used some sort of "cheat"
see
>>203632
>autismo powers
>>
>>203656
that part where he pushes standing on the rail while doing some 90 degrees, I supose
>>
>>203632
i agree... its more like 90% body 10% mind.. its all balance and being comfortable on your board. grinding those hours in... the 90% mind shit is the biggest bullshit ever. The onlything mind comes in for is being creative and standing out(inventing new tricks. skating new spots, old spots in new ways etc). but it has nothing to do with skill
>>
>>203656
on the big handrail the first section he put wrapped yoga matts and waxed them so he wouldn't grind too fast
>>
His part was good but I'll also never watch it again
>>
new gh where he subverts expectation (see >>203435 ) and compliments Andy despite having a break in the mask when Andy starts using his heel to slow down a grind and make 90 degree turns on some Lenz type shit
>>
>>203677
this
the pushing on the rail for the corner grinds made sense cuz what else can you actually do but using shit to slow you down is just corny
just don't hit the rail then
>>
>>203713
i dont want gh on principle because """influencers""" and """content creators""" are faggots
>>
>>203713
every once in a while gh pretends he's into the kind of skating he'd usually shit on just to be contrarian cause his viewers can't form their own opinions
>>
@203713
omg daddy made a new video? i will now change all my opinions about andy
>>
>>203713
>>203719
but i do think some of the tricks would be infinitely cooler if max palmer or mango did them which is a point i think he made during the stream so maybe he really did fw the skating idk i just noticed his contrarian nature sometimes...
>>
devils advocacy is a good stance to take when you're a contrarian ( well played gh)
>>
>>203629
Grinded my first backyard pool this afternoon
>>
>>203728
madlad
pics of pool?
>>
you can tell that the overton window is shifting in regards to andy anderson because the critique around his new video is no longer 'this guy is a fucking helmet wearing kook' but instead it's 'the filming and editing sucks'

like people are realising he's actually objectively talented and they can't really hate on his skating ability anymore
>>
>>203729
It's 8ft deep end with a weird acute angle but it's fun to skate, I only got a backside slash but I didn't get a good one on camera, the vid I screenshotted this from I just got wheels on coping but no truck so I don't have any proof I actually grinded it unfortunately

I wanna go back and get frontside grind
>>
more like /psg/ piss & shit general
>>
i wanna know who the fuck nigel alexander actually is, does he have any history in skateboarding? dude just seems like a fuckin weirdo and not even a skateboarder
>>
>>203737
what do you expect, skateboarding is over. learn to blade before it's too late.
>>
>>203717
Based
>>
>>203739
Hi newfag zoomer little bitchass kid. Cringel Cringexander's bitchass goes way back with Cringe Rodrigues and his crew when they were little to keep it short.
>>
>>203739
he exploits children on youtube for clicks
>>
>>203731
andy anderson is one of the most popular skaters ever
>>
more like /gsg/ gay sex general
>>
I think I finally figured out how I want my kickflips. My feet were too close together and front foot too much off the side. Also I was popping the tail too much toe side to try to balance myself from not turning when setting up. Basically, front foot 45 degree angle, just behind the front bolts, back foot right on the tip of the center, shoulders straight and weight kind of leaning forward. Im just not used to the hang time and the tail coming up so high when I get a good pop yet.
>>
>>203735
wheels over coping is "grinding" but we all know grinding makes the noise

sick tho to even get tiling

also brokenknee, stop false flagging fruit booter with
>>203737
>>203772
are you drunk...again?
>>
>>203763
yeah but only with people who quit skating 15 years ago

the core crowd is finally warming up to him
>>
found some cheap braille skateboards on marketplace
How are those boards?
>>
more like /tsg/ transexuals general

>>203934
>buying used braille boards
what are you a trailer trash 12 year old.
>>
>>203934
It says on the Woodshop directory they're PS Stix boards. There's only so many major woodshops producing boards and it's more about shape and press preference over anything else. I like Chapman boards personally though many people prefer smaller brands like Pennswood that is made in the USA or else DSM Resin 7 who make a solid, long lasting shape.
>>
boycotting my shop, heard the owner who is also a landlord of multiple properties, just bought a boat.
>>
>>203943
This has to be cap, unless it's his 5th side business.
>>
more like /ksg/ knee shattering general
>>203943
what's wrong with buying a boat?
>>
>>203943
The surf/skate shop near me used to be a drug front. Its still there though, but I have a few shops I can go to and never bought anything there.
>>
>>203943
>>>/Reddit/
GTFO commie
>>
>>203939
>Chapman boards
I thought they stopped? Any international selling brands use them?
>>
>>203946
do you own a boat?
>>
>>203939
these chapmans or pennswood retail for ?
>>
anyone watches x games or the lolympics skateboarding?
>>
>>203950
Yeah they did. Clutch produce boards for the companies that were on Chapman. The Clutch shapes are good too.

Here's the woodshop directory:

https://www.gentlemenskateboards.com/woodshop-directory/

I'm mostly skating Mexican made Clutch boards these days, never tried a Pennswood but wouldn't mind a 5Boro.
>>
>>203677
Doesn’t count if he did this imo
>>
>>203966
I have never and probably will never care about contest skating
>>
>>203966
>x games
sls/tampa for normies.
>lolympics
ill watch it again since its only like 3 hours and only happens every 4 years. gonna not be a retard and put money down on yuto this year.
>>
>>203656
>>203677
>>203981
>>
guys - i've been stuck on tre's for a while... i don't really practice them much but was wondering if anyone had the same issue as i or tips..

I can spin the board 360 perfectly under me but I always land upside down. the kickflip never finishes and I always land basically perfectly on the bottom of the board. everytime i try to kind of "kick" harder the board flies away or something else. i keep hearing its all in the back foot but I'm RARELY able to land on the board right side up.
>>
>>204013
It is all in the back foot, but your front foot still guides the flip. Simply adjust your front foot position. Don't try to flick harder keep focusing on the scoop. When I'm under flipping them I find its because I'm pointing my toes too much on my front foot.
>>
>>204014
so point it less forward? i do kind of point it forward (towards the nose) and my actual feet are close together when i pop.
>>
>>203945
skate shops are way more lucrative than people think. we shouldn't feel pressure to support them.
>>
>>204020
I think that's only in certain areas. I'm sure my local is starving.
>>
First time poster here. Almost all my life I enjoyed watching people skate, I played all of the games but never gotten into doing it myself. Now I am 38 and I need a hobby where I don't sit on my ass al day. Is it too late to start skating?
>>
>>204026
no. how fat are you though? you should try to be in at least "decent" shape or you're slams are going to suck and you are likely to get injured if you are just beginning to learn
>>
>>204029
I'm 6 feet, 230 lbs. I can move around and don't break down after small movements.
>>
>>203945
>>204020
>heard the owner who is also a landlord of multiple properties

fucking esls in here cant read
>>
>>204031
not bad. just practice falling in grass. what i mean is ride around a place where you can ride into grass and practice your falls off the board if that makes sense.
>>
>>203943
why are you against boat owners?
>>
File: IMG_49161.jpg (419 KB, 1200x1601)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
I had this dumb idea that since my warm up sessions always have terrible timing, id just force a warm up immediately after I got out of my car from work and immediately fell and rocketed my board on my first ollie, then my second I destroyed my ankle with the tail of my board somehow. Like the grip stuck to my front foot and my back foot ended up under the tail, I have no idea. The pain is settling now, but it is radiating all the way to my knee.
>>
>>204039
At least you have a knee still. Today I had to go outside and since the weather was bussin I saw street skaters everywhere. I want to skate so bad bro...
>>
>>204040
True. The pain is subsiding and Ill crack up if I try to do a warm up sesh again and my timing is perfect despite only slamming on 2 ollies.

It just seems like my first session of the day never improves until I take a break and come back to it.
>>
might go to the park in covina tomorrow. so yeah, if anyone's in the area, don't go so i can have to park all to myself
>>
>>204041
yeah my real warm up, my timing is all fucked and painful. Idk if its in my head, but the extra humidity today makes my grip tape feel extra grippy.
>>
>>204039
my friend that never properly warms up spends 60% of every session getting bodied.
>>
>>204047
I always hit a stone in the first 10 minutes of warm up
>>
>>204034
do you own a boat?
>>
>>204039

bro what kinda fuckin thought was that
>id just force a warm up
lmao
>>
>>204057
lol Ill never do it again. When i get done work I guess i have to chill for like 30 minutes at least. But idk how to end a warm up. If I go to a skatepark first thing, I cannot warm up and get into my groove until i take some time off and come back. Idk why.
>>
>>204056
No.
>>
File: IMG_49171.jpg (318 KB, 1200x900)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>204058
Its swollen by now. Im icing it, but it is just a really bad bruise. Probably bruised skin, muscle and bone.
>>
>>204062
sorry for being such a pussy, but I tried experimenting with my routine. Didnt work and probably ruined my weekend when it comes to trying to do anything but cruise. Im trying so hard to learn as many tricks as possible since Im already 33. i cant believe I got wrecked on ollies, but to be fair to myself im trying to work up to ollieing a tennis net so I go hard on them.
>>
>>204060
then why do you care faggot
>>
>>204048
I had a friend like that. He would show up after I had been skating for awhile and try and back me up on shit right out the car. He ate so much shit. He quit skating recently.
>>
>>204065
I own a small boat cause I like going fishing
Are you a boatophobe?
>>
>>204065
Not him but it is because you are a clueless zoomie money illiterate faggot spouting commie bullshit, crying because a guy bought a boat and stating you will stop supporting the local skate shop because of such a bitch ass faggy reason.
>>
>>204007
kek i feel like you'd just stick
>>
>>204045
the new park?
>>
>>204075
yeah, looks like pawnshop's gonna have an event there at 5 with free food
>>
>>204065
lmao stay mad retard

hurr i hate boat owners lmao
>>
>>204069
>>204070
>>204103
boat owners stay mad
>>
>go skating at 7am
>its 85 degrees already
>>
>>204116
Disgusting boatophobe
>>
boats fucking are awesome, but boat in an acronym for
bust
out
another
thousand

remember guys the three f's you gotta pay
>>
>>204013
you need to get your front foot out of the way faster as weird as it seems.. flick earlier and earlier. basically you are flicking too late like a kickflip. you want to flick right away. it also helps to put ur front foot lower and lower on the board. the more ur foot is closer to the bolts the more it will interfere. let me know if this helps.. flick super early and/or bring ur foot lower than the middle of the board
>>
>>204005
lol i remember watching the loliboarding olympics back on /sp/ man it was hilarious all the pedos were going crazy and thought it was the greatest thing ever even though they hated skating
>>
making a curb. will post finished pics in a couple of days.
>>
>>204253
very cool anon, are you going to paint it?
>>
>>204262
I don't think so, I have a bunch of laquer so I will probably just use that rather than paint
>>
>>203677
He's a fool for having done that because some is immediately going to do it without the yoga mats and completely overshadow him.
>>
the skateboard industry is embarrassing
>>
>>204276
>skateboarding is embarrassing
fyp
>>
>>204275
I don't think that rail is possible at full speed. That's why he did the way he did it. Was it worth it? idk
>>
>>204276
agreed, too much glazing and dick eating. i hate it so much.
>>
File: norris.jpg (296 KB, 1500x2250)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
what happened to nora :\
>>
>>204301
she looks the same as she ever did, thriving even.
>>
File: bunk.gif (2.09 MB, 320x240)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB GIF
>>204280
>I don't think that rail is possible at full speed.
>>
>>204301
hit the wall at 200mph
>>
snowboarding's better
>>
>>204310
whatboarding?
>>
File: 159436363636.jpg (58 KB, 976x850)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>meet new guy at skatepark
>seems cool
>starts talking to me about feminism and how bad trump is

Nope
>>
>>204310
>need snow
>have to drive up a mountain
>have to share space with skiers
>>
>>204301
she looks exactly how she lives. alcohol, expensive goyslop, SSRIs, benzos, and weed
>>
also even active erica is being canceled? i remember thinking that slut was so hot when i was in high school
>>
>>204301
vaxxed
>>
File: 3464150982949489596.jpg (229 KB, 828x1035)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>
>>204361
ugly ass dyke
>>
why are kickflips so much more popular than heelflips? the heelflip actually makes your flick foot kick out much more than kickflips. Do you (personally) use your heel for heelflips? I haven't learned them yet but the trick tutorials I see say to use the upper outside part to flick like in a kickflip.
>>
>>204384
For heelflips you just kick out and the flip is easier than a kickflip but the landing is harder as it has a tendency for the board to end up behind you. The heel is the last part to make contact with the board but you use most of the sole for the flick.
>>
>>204361
lol why does skateboarding look so lame in photos
>>
File: PgmP4U1.png (1.01 MB, 750x1334)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>204315
>also even active erica is being canceled?
>Google
>erica yary site:www.slapmagazine.com
>Instantly find it
no, she isn't being cancelled. A bunch of morons in slap don't have any sway in skateboarding. God forbid one of your exes gets an internet board of retards egging on her delusions.
>>204387
Because it's a female
>>
>block dan webz on youtube
>instagram starts showing me his videos
fuck this guy
>>
>>204384
Normies can’t differentiate between the two desu

I use my pinky toe to guide and flick out. I found it’s not so much about the heel that completes the flick desu that just helps with the follow through. I land them more consistently when I put more pressure on the heel side back pocket of the tail
>>
>>204399
He must have paid for some algorithm pushes or some shit, cause he's popping up all over my YT recs as well recently and fucking up my carefully curated algorithm. I can't tell if he's in his 20's or his 40's. He's always got loads of dumb spelling errors and typos in his write ups as well, and he covers the same tricks over and over and over (hoping to catch new starters every year, I guess). The way he dresses is like 'what if Timmy Mallet skated?'
>>
>>204399
>>204408
idk how he keeps coming up either. I dont like him for no really good reason I can think of, I just dont care. Like go away.
>>
>>204408
>'what if Timmy Mallet skated?'
kek
>>204410
>I dont like him for no really good reason I can think of
he tried to start some stupid beef with some braille guys (of all people) and even his own "fans" told him it was lame so he deleted the videos
>>
anyone have a tapeless capture device recommendation for SD filming? looking to make a camera rig soon.
>>
>>204438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWvv9TzS8TI
>>
gifted hater fucking murdered tim pool
>>
I saw some black dude pushing mongo and then watched him wipe out on the sidewalk
>>
>>204481
literally who
>>
>>204481
tim pool kooks in shambles
>>
>>204481
gifted hater is going to single-handedly defeat the far-right by shitposting on youtube
>>
>grifted shitter
buy an ad
>>
>>204481
>some tim pool lacky fag: hehe based
>gifted soi redditors: they can't use based that's our word
I couldn't care less about they drama this but those faggots trying to police the word based really triggered me. At least Richie adhears to rules 1 & 2..
>>
>>204481
Low hanging fruit
>>
>>204507
anyone saying based IRL is cringe
>>
>>204508
Gifted made a good point. Tim self inserted himself and buying the land from under their feet wasn't the way to go about it. Tim needs to hear that from a non tranny emotional faggot pov. I still think they should colab. Tim can support YSL or some shit. But gifted needed 40 minutes of content and his patreon paycheck so 40 minutes of rambling plebbit takes is what you get.
>>204510
Kids these days, I don't talk to my best friend about this site.
>>
>>204514
I should add the biggest loser is me for having payed attention to this shit.
>>
I just saw that the girl that used to be dating Dan Corrigan is now a Fireman, has a boy haircut and is dating a chick.
Her bf before Dan was sketchy too. She mentioned a restraining order against him in a video once.
>>
>>203629
hey, there's some channel street in that video.
>>
>>204514
>You can't just buy this land and then build an actual skatepark while letting the people who complain about it still keep their DIY off to the side because... you just can't, okay!?
I say good riddance to those retarded commie faggots, desu
>>
File: 1670810924915363.png (51 KB, 255x260)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>Grifted Trannylover
>tim poolstein
skateboarding is so cool!
>>
>>204516
good for her, she should have dated her cute friend chad instead of dan, chad was way hotter taller and younger.
>>
>>204516
>>204538
whoops, his name was connor not chad lol whatever. she looks happy with her girlfriend. im glad she got away from dan and stopped grinding out youtube videos for money like a bum.
>>
>>204526
Its about the principle of it. If bald timmy owns the land then it ceases to belong to the community. Tim has also stated that he is actively using skateboarding to push his worldview. If he met no resistance we'd be dealing with a new wave of kooked out kids that think hangten hardflips are cool and worth learning.
>>
>>204543
Sounds better than these gay zoomies desu
>>
File: 1716102149487102.jpg (121 KB, 900x840)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>204539
Fireman seems like a really good job. Kinda jelly of that.
>>
>>204547
>these gay zoomies
who literally werent doing or bothering anyone unlike tim pool
>>
>>204571
No I mean all zoomies
>>
*sees you skating past and throws a rock at you*
haha fag
*runs up to you and wraps his arms around your waist*
ready to fly fagboy?? hahahaha
*picks you up and suplexes you on your head on the concrete*
ahhhhhahahahahahahaha
lololol everyone look at this idiot
*grabs your board and does a kickflip over you*
later dork!
*skates away as the ambulance wheels in and unload*
*ems checks your body and feels no pulse*
>>
>>204597
>wakes up in Skate character creator
https://youtu.be/Eklrb70uqbo?t=32
>>
File: 1691396740688452.png (434 KB, 363x512)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
hey i bought this board today, i know it's a cruiser but is there a specific name for it?
>>
>>204605
gay
>>
File: 1577822437811.jpg (41 KB, 680x566)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>204388
imagine the miles of skater cocks shes taken over the past 15 years
>>
Imagine (You) never gleamed the cube
>>
File: 1717334054630368.png (706 KB, 1080x1228)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
>>203629
On a level of 1-10, how dangerous is it to use a board that you're pretty sure is getting on in it's years?
I think the thing is like 6(?) years old (excluding how old it was back when I got it second hand) (dug it out in a cleanout a month or so back), and while it feels stable enough, I'm just concerned about putting my foot through it.
>>
>>204626
1? its not that dangerous. I have 2 old boards and they arent very flexible but they seem hardened as fuck.
>>
>>204626
Just buy a new one wtf? What is it with you guys? Why do so many posters here do this?
>>
I am so afraid to slam because if I hurt my ankles or wrists I can't work. (FedEx driver). I am not afraid of the pain it's about being able to pay my rent so it's so hard to overcome the fear and commit to new tricks. I regret not skating when I was younger and people didn't depend on me.
>>
>>204543
>that think hangten hardflips are cool and worth learning.
lmao you're a faggot, the trick is cool regardless of who's doing it. if you think x shouldn't y because of z you're just as bad as you seem to think some internet faggot is, go skate jesus christ
>>
>>204645
theres nothing cool about a trick thats slow asf, takes 5 seconds to set up and can only be done on flatground
>>
>>204645
>the trick is cool regardless of who's doing it
No. It's a heinous and hideous trick, and it does nothing to help you progress in any other facet of skating. It's a circus trick that is only impressive to normies. Learn how to actually hardflip.

Also, I just got back from skating. It was a good session.
>>
File: IMG_20240720_123522.jpg (2.25 MB, 2788x2763)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
Finished curb
>>
>>204659
That's a curb!
>>
hopefully of theyll dump Chud Cole's fallens on ross and walmart and sell them for $15. im poor
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gUS4VzwkW4

This is the most cursed game of skate video on youtube.

Tim Pool doing the kookiest one foot tricks imaginable, some dumb bitch talking the whole time in the background, a completely wasted richie jackson yelling like a retard, and to top it off a fucking "no step on snek" flag on the wall.

You know things are bad when ricky glaser is the best thing about a video.
>>
>>204663
lmao I watched it yesterday because the thread was bringing up tim pools skating and he is a goofy fucker. Ive never watched anything related to him and never will.
>>
you guys sure are obsessed with cuck pool and other grifting subhumans
>>
>>204659
Nice, the dimensions look good
>>
>>204671
I'm obsessed with my shattered knee and nothing else
>>
>>204538
are you an idiot? why would he date her ugly ass he obviously friendzoned her
>>
>>204663
Tim Pool needs to start doing the one man punch workout, you can't take anyone with that body type seriously
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrldcJdHI48

Braille going full Scientology and literally blocking all of their previous skaters, lmao
Hope Aaron crashes and burns hard
>>
is it possible as a 30yo boomer to learn to properly ollie? i could probably ollie 2 decks at most when i was 16 and i kinda just gave up on ollies and only really skated transition since then. i'm a decent skater, like i'm not a 'how do i ollie' poster, i just never really mastered that trick. at most i think i could ollie up a curb now. i think i should just spend like half an hour a day doing nothing but ollies. i want to be able to pop fat ollies like grant taylor
>>
>>204698
started at 25, 31 now can ollie and didn't practice it at all just stick to pumping back and fourth on the half pipe part of the local bowl and eventually you'll have the muscles to just do it, you jump as if it were just a flat floor beneath you and on your way up you tap the tail to pop it up and then lean forward to level it out
on flat practice pushing forward and backward for both regular, switch and regular mongo and switch mongo and you'll never fall again
>>
File: 1608351655558.png (1.4 MB, 1200x1200)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>204700
>>
>>204698
it depends how high you can jump with just your legs. Also I think a lot of people mess up thinking they have to slide their front foot. It does slide on the grip tape to level up, but first your front foot actually goes straight up, then forward and down.
>>
>>204696
It was bound to happen the Co$ always liquidates their assets eventually.
It's no coincidence that this came about so shortly after Kyro's "Business School", it's a straight up indoctrination camp. Their MO hasn't changed in the least since the Chanology days.
Except maybe the shoving cameras in people's faces thing, but that just happens all the time so it's a bit less distinguishable.
>>204698
Yes. Just go through the steps, put in the time. Maybe consider some light stretches/yoga/taichi beforehand to warm up. But just go through the stages, trust the process.
>>
i went to watch a skate competition and it was pretty nice. i didnt know any pros though except the guy with no calves
>>
Holy fuck bros i practiced ollies for 20 mins in an empty carpark and got damn my legs were shaking after that. this shit is hard
>>
>>204724
Like anything, it gets easier with time. Do your dilligence, go through the motions and they'll be muscle memory before you know it. That shaking is just the weakness leaving your body.
>>
I miss skateboard team commercials
>>
>>204724
i learned ollies so young. I quit for so many years and just came back to it this year. I started practicing nollies and its so satsifying when they start to take shape. I never thought I could do it. Granted I still only get like 2 inches of ground clearance, but still. More practice coming.
>>
>>204723
>>204724
based
>>
>>204723
I went batshit trying to perfect my ollies when I first started. Would literally do them non-stop for half hour, daily until I had to take week-long breaks because I was fucking myself up too much. It is easy to start getting the motion, but to have the balance to do nicely popped and controlled ollies takes fucking ages. I would recommend doing them fakie as well. I ignored fakie ollies entirely, then started doing some this weekend and realised it's not as intimidating as I thought and much easier to get them to feel nice and floaty.
>>
>go to ER
>discharged after 4 days
>walking out
>see a young homie from my hometown
>wtf why is bro here
>he had broken his arm and he came to get some metal shit out

Damn I feel bad for lil bro.
>>
File: 1810014436[1].png (589 KB, 1440x780)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
Who is the most stylish skater any why is it Jim Greco? Also what video parts is everyone watching???
>>204764
Just out of curiosity, how where you fucking yourself up practicing flat ground ollies??? For me personally when I was starting out going really low through your knees helped me a lot. Practicing pop shuv its helps a lot for your pop too. Practice daily, but don't forget to switch it up a little as well. Also standing next to a stair or ledge or anything to land on to helps a ton.
>>
>>204767
>Just out of curiosity, how where you fucking yourself up practicing flat ground ollies
Here's a few reasons: being out of shape, not having any of the muscles developed for/from skating a lot, being in my mid 30's, not resting enough in between sessions, going too hard for my physical fitness level each session, doing this stuff on top of weight lifting/cardio. That probably covers it. When I say 'fucking myself up', I just mean getting physcially exhuasted and having to take longer breaks from over-doing it, which is expected. This shit is hard unless you have been doing it a lot from a young age.
>>
>>204724
>>204764
Same. My back would get pretty damn sore from repeated impact.
>>
>>204767
>>204773
oh, and just to be clear, when i say practicing for half hour each session, I mean doing them constantly without much breaking because I was fucking obsessed. So doing 10 odd attempts in a minute, maybe stopping for 30s, then doing another 10, and repeat for a good half hour solid. I think that's physcially taxing for most people. I would also do this on top of doing 2-3 hour skate sessions twice a week. Real dumb shit stuff, but hey, I would say I have a nice ollie now at least.
>>204775
It was my ankles and shins for me.
>>
>>204773
Actually I learned all my basics when I was 11 and 12 waaay back in the day and haven't really learned that much new flatground stuff over the years. A lot of my homies who started skating at a later age can only really do tranny stuff and suck anything street, can barely pop an ollie or a 180. So I commend you for learning the basics at a later age. Gonna try to commit to learning some new flip tricks myself. first time I will really obsessively practice flatground stuff since the 2000's probably.
>>204778
>I would say I have a nice ollie now at least.
And that's all that matters! being able to consistently ollie up and down stuff when riding the streets is so satisfying.
>>
>>204779
It's all I got. I have a well popped and fairly floaty ollie, decent height, nice and levelled, but literally can't do any other flatground trick and refuse to commit when I do try. Working on it, though. Got the foundations set to land fs 180, pop shove and a kickflip, but I just gotta get the balls to commit to them moving. All it takes is one cunt to encourage me, but I don't get to skate much these days and when I do it's usually alone.
>>
Anyone got a tl;dr on thrifted baiter's video on that guy that wears a beanie all the time? Can never remember his name. I really don't feel like watching it, it's too long for no reason.
>>
>>204780
mmm, you'll get there. A kickflip is definitely a step above a pop shuv and a 180 those shouldn't be that hard. Actually you could try doing fakie 180's I think they come easier for some people. Think of fakie 360s on flatground a lot of people can do them but regular ones are pretty fucking hard.
>>
>>204786
just 45 minutes of gifted hater calling tim pool a faggot
>>
>>204792
For what reason?
>>
>>204775
>My back would get pretty damn sore from repeated impact
ayo pause bruh thats gay
>>
>>204793
For trying to bring politics into his local skateboarding diy community. tim pool offered prize money to his local DIY but they didn't want it. After that tim pool decided to buy the land the DIY was on and claims he has no plans to retaliate towards the locals that rejected his offer of prize money but then goes on to say that he does have an agenda to get kids into right wing politics through the spaces provided in skateboarding. idk it's all really stupid. tim pool is trying to act like he doesn't have an ulterior motive with buying the land the diy was on but obviously has an agenda and is not welcomed by the locals at the his local diy. Plus the DIY already has an agreement with their City that it was fine for them to be there and build stuff before tim pool bought it.
>>
Can anyone give me a qrd on Chris cole
I m not reading a 44 page slap thread on it
>>
>>204806
>Plus the DIY already has an agreement with their City that it was fine for them to be there and build stuff
To be fair, this would only extend until ANYBODY bought the land. If Baldybeanie conserves the park, doesn't go changing it all up(as he is now entitled to do) or throwing his weight around about X.Y,Z then it's probably far safe in his ownership than if, say, McDonalds bought the land.
Only time will tell, can only hope he's less of a cunt than far too many of the politic zombies.
>>
>>204807
It's ancient news. He's a total psycho and would beat his wife. I'm surprised they're freaking out about it now.
This was a few years ago, but when he stopped riding for Plan B and DC shoes, my local shop owner was even mentioning how NOBODY was ever going to give him boards or shoes. Nobody wanted to go near him. And he was right. He didn't have a board sponsor for a while until he got back on Zero, and he rides(rode) for some weird South American reboot of Fallen footwear. It was like some sort of open secret that he was a piece of shit. So he wasn't going to get any big contracts after that.

tl;dr wife beater and lots of people knew
>>
>>204808
i agree for the most part but the way he went about it was lame as fuck and obviously out of spite then he wonders why the locals want nothing to do with him and part of me even thinks it's lame that the locals rejected his prize money like yeah tim pool sucks but money is money that 12k, 6k and 2k cash prizes could have really helped people out in the community. i'd be pissed if i was a local ripper that actually stood a chance to catch a bag like that but some fuck from the diy said no
>>
>>204793
>For what reason?
nigga if you dont know dont care why you asking so many questions
>>
>>204809
>wife beater
Any evidence?
>>
>>204817
If only there was a political theory behind giving poor people free stuff and them resenting you and demanding more..
>>
>faggot comes onto playground and demands other people play with him
>gets told to fuck off
>buys the playground

why is this so hard to understand
>>
if tim jewool was a leftoid that rioted with BLM and was a loud supporter of LGBTQIA++++ on this podcast and had a promo for There and Glue skateboards on his shillcast, none of this would have ever happened. Even Grifter Baiter would suddenly ignore or like his skating
>>
>>204809
I don't blame him, it would feel good to beat a pretty woman I bet
>>
>>204822
i listened to a 9 club with him a while back and he definitely sounded like the type of guy to beat his wife

it's weird man i grew up with zero new blood being my favorite video ever but now at age 30 it's hard to look back on it and think about how chris and jamie t were such pieces of shit and a lot of the rest of the guys just got chewed up and spit out after that vid
>>
everyones a piece of shit in their own way
>>
>>204837
I think you mistyped no, you fucking faggots will try ruin someone's life all because yours sucks.
>>
File: fox.jpg (467 KB, 1469x1058)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>204822
His own son already confirmed it all. Apparently he's getting attacked by Zero worshippers on his social media so he openly confirmed Cole being a nutjob just so everyone would leave him alone

>I grew up seeing my own dad beating my mom half to death :\
>Nah uh not true
>It's ok if he did because he 360 flipped wallenberg

lol?
>>
>>204821
Shut up ape.
>>204806
>For trying to bring politics into his local skateboarding diy community
I ended up wasting my time watching the video and the truth is somewhere in the middle. As usual reddit lover is your typical leftycuck with his shitty non arguments. He was shilling for nike in the video in fact. On the other hand the people on his podcast don't skate and have no idea about anything. Tim sucks ass from watching his clips although he does in fact skate so he's part of the """community""" either way. The take away I got from this is that probably in the past he was being excluded due to his political views because the skaters there are cringecucks, as evident by some IG post that was shared, and also by common sense, and now he has a grudge or some shit. If I was him I'm destroying the DIY. Since he's not though these little hoes should stop crying. Also his board in the background is cringe. Looks like some revive shit.
>>
>>204865
>If I was him I'm destroying the DIY.
Would be kinda based kek
>>
>>204849
That is a fox, not evidence.
>>
>early morning skating
>serene and quiet
>dog walker girl compliments my shoes
>feeling on point with my tricks
>riding high
>homeless looking guy appears
>has a skateboard
>sits down and starts blasting the most ghetto rap imaginable
>stumbles around
>clearly fucked up on something
>good vibes diminish
>leave
>>
>>204879
i don't know about you guys but I'm getting tired of homeless lunatics. the vibe is continuing to deteriorate. our DIY spot is a homeless camp now. i sure am mad.
>>
>>204879
that sucks, i leave the skatepark for way less regularly though. the vibe is essential.
>>
>>204880
ill take homeless dudes over airpod zoomers desu
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (93 KB, 900x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I need your advice. It may be possible that I am retarded.

I just started to learn skating and I am still trying to figure out wether I should go regular or goofy.
My dominant foot is the right one. It's also the one where I can keep my balance better. My brain tells me to use the right foot at the front, so goofy.

But as soon as I would try to ollie (not that I can already) my brain tells me that my right foot should be at the back to pop the board.

When I use the left foot at the front, It feels much unsafer and everything becomes hard.

What should I do? Should I force my self to go regular but have the right feeling for tricks or should I go goofy and pop with the left foot which feels bad?
>>
File: IMG_7966.jpg (865 KB, 1170x1331)
865 KB
865 KB JPG
Fuck Mike vallely and fuck black flag
>>
>>204888
skate goofy
>>
>>204892
Do you have the same "problem" or what makes you think goofy suits me better. Just interested.
>>
>>204888
skate mongo
>>
>>204888
Stop thinking about ollies and learn to just ride around. Ride up and down banks. Ride in mellow transition. Go as fast as you possibly can comfortably. Your stance will naturally reveal itself.
>>
>>204880
It's out of control. I've been attacked at this one street plaza spot before and had homeless rifling through my bag when my back is turned.
>>204886
Yeah, usually I don't have to worry about them that early in the morning. This dude showed up at 8am. I even saw a park worker talking to him like he knew him because he probably lives somewhere in the surrounding park. I had been there since 6 so at least I got a solid session in before he appeared.
>>
>>204895
I am afraid that it works like learning guitar. A bad technique is imprinted fast and hard to get rid off. I didn't want to make the same mistake again.
>>
For the longest time I thought it was Valley and not Vallely
>>
>>204897
It can be once you start actually doing tricks, but it won't matter until you have a solid foundation of being comfortable on your board. Seriously, learn to tic tac, learn to revert, learn to manual on flat, get comfortable lifting your board by the tail to turn, bend your knees, carve around. If you can already ride comfortably when you begin to ollie it will be easy as hell to learn.

Doing stationary ollies on grass or carpet is what will build bad habits in my opinion.
>>
>>204903
I think you're right. Thank you.
>>
>>204893
i think goofy is the objectively stronger stance cause you are using your right and dominant foot to flick the board. any foot can pop the tail. popping the tail is simple compared to the precision required to flick a bunch of different ways to do flatground tricks
>>
>>204888
agree with other anons to go goofy. I have better balance on my left leg so I ride regular. The pop for ollies comes mostly from the ankle and most of the jump happens on your stronger leg. It just takes time and practice.
>>
>>204897
You cant really learn wrong in skateboarding. What ever works, works. I learned a kickflip, didnt like how it looked so I had to learn how to do it better, but now I can just kickflip 2 different ways.
>>
>>204888
trips of truth
>It may be possible that I am retarded.

conventional wisdom was
>>
>>204942
i typed more than that, but conventional wisdom was - if you are standing square with both toes lined up and take a step forward, whichever foot comes forward in that step is the lead foot.
>>
>>204945
as someone who practices boxing and skateboarding i fight south paw and skate regular. It doesnt matter just get good by trying.
>>
Only one true way to know your stance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2UVsyVLLcE
>>
>>204917
that's not true though. examples include pushing mongo and mall grabbing
>>
>>204913
Yeah I don't know how some people are just naturally regular. Like when you play basketball you jump off your left foot mostly. Divegrass you plant your left to kick. Baseball you plant your left when pitching, etc. It makes so much more sense for your left foot to be doing the popping.
>>
Sure
>>
>>204879
>went to the same park this morning
>having a decent session
>homeless man appears
>sits down and starts playing acoustic guitar
>its actually pretty good
>he sees me land a trick
>"man, you make that look too easy!"
>feelsgoodman
>rare positive homeless interaction
>keep skating
>homeless man leaves
>group of boomers show up
>they take turns going glacially slow at the obstacle I was already skating
>have been skating for a couple hours at this point with the entire park to myself
>decide to leave so the boomers can get a good session in
>>
File: maxresdefault2.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>204890
based. why did he block you?
>>
>>204313
>you go faster
>cruise down the side of one of gods greatest creations
>skier part is true desu
>>
>>204311
>OH SHIT A PEBBLE
>>
>>204956
Wow I can tell you have been shredding in the streets. I am actually a mongo pusher and have been a competent skateboarder for uhhh 2 decades. don't care, I'm not a pro. I don't need style and steaze points.
>>204897
I get what you're saying as someone who learned skateboarding young and started at guitar later and picked up some sloppy habits in my playing. (which I embrace) Outside of the mongo pushing which you really do get used to and is hard to get rid off. Like the other anon said, you learn everything sloppy then it gets better then it becomes clean just with practice so don't overthink it just practice a lot and be consistent. And most importantly don't be a pussy. Don't chicken to drop in, ollie the 5 stair. Technique is overrated, fearlessness and confidence is where it is at.

The stance thing, apparently Ali Boulala learned how to skate regular even though he is left footed so then he switched and then he became like really good at skating switch. So even if you learn it wrong you will need to learn nollies and switch stuff so it really doesn't matter. You need to put in the hours and not be a pussy.
>>
>>205005
>I am actually a mongo pusher
disregard everything this anon says
>have been a competent skateboarder for uhhh 2 decades
this is cap
>>
>>205009
Yeah ok noob using Tiktok slang zzzzzzz
>>
theres nothing wrong with pushing mongo
my boy pushes mongo and he rips
>>
>>205005
I bet you skate slow as fuck. There is no way to skate in the streets going fast and push mongo
>>
>>205019
>nothing wrong with pushing mongo
Yeah it just looks like shit
And makes it awkward to push when you already moving at speed
And outs you as someone who probably likes tim pool and other niggerjewfaggots

but yeah nothing wrong with it bud
>>
any time I've been to France I've noticed that the majority of skaters there push mongo lmao
>>
Is 20 too old to learn how to skateboard and talk to cute girls at skateparks?
>>
>>205032
You people are fucking retarded. try doing it, push mongo. look at your foot how much further you can put your foot on the ground. mongo = more speed when pushing this is a fact. The only reason why regular pushing is preferable is because you can get in to your stance easier/quicker. which yes when having a short run up to say a long stair or something can be tricky. I am known to skate insanely fast actually. People have called me the local John Cardiel.
>>
>>205078
I'm 30 and still talk to cute zoomer girls at the skatepark, I'm married though so I don't flirt or anything. I always see the spark in their eyes go out when I mention 'my wife'. But by God if I wasn't married I would be swimming in zoomer skate park pussy
>>
>>205079
>People have called me the local John Cardiel.
Because you skate like you're disabled?
>>
>>205081
Oh wow you win the award for most original joke you fucking poser. Go make your google search, I bet you didn't even know who John Cardiel was you fucking cretin.
>>
>>205082
Things are heating up in /esg/.....
>>
>>205082
this guy is at least 50 and earnestly argues in the youtube comments section
>>
>>205079
I don't believe you. Post a clip
>>
File: kys.webm (2.93 MB, 1280x720)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>mongo = more speed when pushing this is a fact
>>
>>203629
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zzImYFuoOA
sick video, a real shame that asics look like complete dog shit though.
>>
>>205079
I pushed mongo for maybe 3 years before some older person told me not to. I am capable of both and when my legs are tired on long skates I alternate. I thought you were full of shit but reading this it makes sense. You can full open your hips and get a bigger push from mongo. The downside being the readjustment you probably lose some speed vs the efficiency of normal pushing.
Also maybe your dominant leg matters, I skate regular and my right foot is stronger so, I feel I get a better push off it than my left.
>>205118
Corporate art slop makes me want to tear my eyes out.
>>
>>205118
They have a pretty cool team
>>
>>205124
they all look like they smell really bad
>>
>>205125
guaranteed they don't smell as bad as the mongo pushers and tim pool fans in these threads
>>
>>205081
lmaooo
>>
File: images(1).jpg (12 KB, 254x198)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>tfw need to wait 5 years for my child to grow up so I can skateboard with them (try their board) without looking like a cringe adult grown man noob skater

Suffering
>>
>>205145
the fact you are not already grinding out learning how to skate so you can teach them the basics in 5 years concerns me....
>>
>>205145
it's going to look even more cringe if you end up getting shown up by your 5 year old kid, dumbass
>>
>>205148
Seconded.
>>205145
Get out there and get that head start in, nobody will give you shit for it.
>>
>>205145
Why are you calling your child "them" you retarded faggot?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfwlM-fw-aw
>More and more sponsors dropping Braille and coming out against Scientology
>Only the botted views and subs remain
>Videos getting less and less views despite not skipping a beat with those uploads, with videos featuring now blacklisted members
Is it unironically over?
How long until the entire brand/company liquidates and vanishes overnight?
>>
>>204963
I jump with my right and everything else you said feels left foot forward
>>
https://reviveskateboards.com/aaron-kyro
>404
Oh no no no no....
>>
>>205171
>>205174
The death of braille can't happen soon enough
>>
>>205173
You're a queer.
>>
File: 1b8nc8.jpg (12 KB, 250x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>205167
is this u lol xD
>>
>>205171
>>205174
crazy to me that anyone even cares about this
>>
>>205178
No that's you.
>>
>>203966
I watch both but it’s the Olympics that’s caught my attention
>>
>>205177
It's actually incredible that anyone would try to call the motion of kicking with your right foot goofy footed
>>
>>
>>205171
maybe they can get chris cole now that hes kicked off of zero and canceled. actually maybe cole can ride for cuck pool
>>
>>205195
hey fuck you
>>
>>205179
lmao same
braille is like some abstract idea to me, i've never seen anything related to it in person
>>
>>205124
speaking of cool teams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs3YaG98VTs
>>
>>205215
and wow all the spots in this vid are almost too perfect but the rail at 3:07 is fucked ...should have been filmed from a better angle though
>>
>>205215
i liked it, i thought the editing captured the 2000s tony hawk pro skater vibe a lot better than most attempts
>>
>>205215
That was sick, I like how they just did 7 minutes of straight skating with minimal b-side nonsense.
>>
>>205195
It's ok, his bro will reply back once he's done watching the Baker video with his gf.
>>
>>205167
Shut up incel
>>
>>205151
>>205148
Dad falling and breaking his arm is funny and cute when he's messing around skating with his kid

Dad falling and breaking his arm is cringe if he's skating by himself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.