[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wushu-sanda_1564646018.jpg (116 KB, 700x550)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Redpill me on Sanda. Is it modern Kung Fu or are the Chinese just stealing techniques and training methods from other martial arts and pretending it was theirs?
>>
>>204614
Sort of both. A lot of it has its origins in choy le fut for striking and shaui jiao for the takedowns, but you’d have to be retarded to think modern kickboxing styles like Muay Thai aren’t a factor in its development. Hell, the big haymaker style punches that are staple of choy le fut aren’t even used despite it supposedly being a foundational art for modern sanda striking.
>>
>>204615
Hmm I guess that makes sense. Basically every modern martial art takes its punches from Western boxing.
>>
>>204615
My nigga muay thai is many centuries old and Siam always got along with China, being to the south you know them niggas cross pollinated with Kung fu

That's why it's so weird, people talk about muay thai like it's not just karate from a different country
They all came from the same place
>>
>>204618
das rite muay thai come from china
>>
>>204614
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDOkPNzKGBg
>In this interview translation and analysis, we have one of the first Sanda fighters and the first Sanda National Team head coach talk about the founding of Sanda and some of its intricacies and initial challenges. This interview is mindblowing because it sheds some light on the influences of Sanda and how much kungfu influence there actually is in Sanda. We have one of the first Sanda fighters talking so candidly. The guy's name according to the video is Qian Ren Biao.
This video is interesting.
>>
>>204635
>>
>>204618
>we wuz thais n sheet
>>
>>204635
>>204636
TLDR: Boxings for hands, Asian martial arts for kicks, takedowns from Shuai jiao

I really wish Sanda allowed elbows so we can more Bajiquan influence.
>>
>>204615
>choy li fut
you post this horseshit every time Sanda gets mentioned. It will never be true.
>>204636
It's funny how he says "even muay thai" like Sanda wasn't created directly as a response to MT and uses it as a base.
>>204708
Bajiquan is a fucking meme. I wish all you kungfu shitters would rope yourself already
>>
>>204618
Muay Thai was created from boxing and the few useful parts of Muay Boran.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.