[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

ive recently picked up kickboxing and wrestling after a half a year absence from half a years worth of boxing.

the days I can go to the kickboxing gym we just end up doing nothing but 90% conditioning and 10% drills.
I have still yet to learn how to actually properly throw a leg kick, high kick, knee etc. not to mention the place is fucking full to the brim of people.

the other gym where I could train kickboxing at spars really hard (imo atleast) and the first day I showed up they, although friendly in conversation, were absolute dicks in sparring and would go hard constantly even during regular fucking drills. I left that gym with a splitting headache, the first time something like that has ever happened.

What the fuck do I do?
Look for another gym?
>>
>wahh it hurts

Martial arts may not be for you
>>
>>211293
>this gym is too soft!
>this gym is too hard!
>What the fuck do I do?
get mauled by a bear, Goldilocks
>>
>>211293
Look for another place or another sport, otherwise it is better to train and not learn anything than to have a permanent injury.
>>
Find another gym, they are going to have acquired retardation in 10 years. You barely need to spar hard to get good, sparring at 50% to 10% is perfect
>>
>>211346
>>211339
Actually I recently went to the 'hard gym' on 2 different days than the first day I went there and it was much better, sparring was controlled, no-one trying to take my head off and I actually felt like I learnt something.

My question now is; why do your two guys' opinion differ from
>>211324
>>211329
?
>>
>>211426
These guys might spar hard:
>>211324
>>211329
>>
Hazing is still a thing in kickboxing gyms. Might have just lit you up for a day to see if you'd have a second one in you.
>>
>>211432
Am I too naïve too understand why people would haze others? When I was getting semi-OK at boxing after like 3-4 months every time a new guy came I would be as nice and playful as possible, that also went for literally everyone I trained with there at that gym, all super nice and only like 1-2 were dicks in sparring.

Why is it different in kickboxing? And "lighting someone up for their first day to see if they'd have a second one in them"? Really? People do that shit? Are we larping as fucking spartans? They don't even fucking compete as far as I know, why?
>>
>>211433
>Am I too naïve too understand why people would haze others?
It's because they are retarded chimps. Some people need to be checked, but that's not the same as hazing.
>>
>>211293
Stay on the easy gym, practice technique at home by yourself, ask instructors to see if you are doing it right or something when you are there. Eventually, as you pick up more confidence and both your technique are alright, test waters in the hard gym again.
>>
>>211501
>>211433
T. Pussies

You are practicing a COMBAT sport. they don't want little larp shills in there, they want people who have heart.
If they're any good that is.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.