[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1376168021711.jpg (130 KB, 691x1000)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Earth Cult was based
>>
>>268369794
On what?
>>
File: 1376258392656.png (1.35 MB, 1366x768)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>268369810
>>
>>268369810
On Earth, duh.
>>
File: 1376253676819.jpg (49 KB, 960x720)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
>>268369794
Undeniably the weakest part of the series. Extremely shallow, we don't get actual characters from their faction, extremely two dimensional, yet have a gigantic impact on events. And I say this is as a huge fan of the series.
>>
>>268369905
Having read all of the books I can't help but wonder what exactly Yoshiki Tanakas plan for the Terraists was. at first I was kind of intrigued by this cult of drugged up extremists that seemingly managed to infiltrate almost every other group (how far does their reach go? who is secretly a member? what exactly is their ideology?), but then as the story progresses he... just doesn't really do anything interesting with them, and suddenly their headquarter just... gets wiped out. At times they feel almost impossibly powerful, cause they are everywhere and manage to take out some of the most important characters, then they just disappear again, only to randomly pop up again later. For a while I thought they had some kind of genius master-plan but nothing like that ever happens. Is that supposed to be the point? They're just terrorists that stir up trouble, but don't actually have any coherent vision for the future? By the end of the novel they just look like absolute morons, I guess that was the point.

I feel like all that screen time the terraists got should've maybe been given to the Phezzanese or rather Rubinsky and his meddling. Having a third faction that tries to play both sides to their own advantage is fun and makes it more interesting, but I feel like neither the cult nor Rubinsky got a fully satisfying arc. He did do a bit better with Rubinsky (at least he got a proper character arc, kinda), but at some point he also just pretty much disappeared and was barely mentioned until the very end.
>>
>>268369905
If you don't like the Earth Cult and our mother Terra why don't you move to some other planet?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.