[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Tabris.jpg (656 KB, 1280x960)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>shows up
>talks for 5 minutes
>gets killed
>remembered as much as a main character
I don't get it. What's the appeal?
>>
File: mz4b783w43i41.png (379 KB, 640x454)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
>shows up
>talks for 5 minutes
>gets killed
>remembered as much as a main character
I don't get it. What's the appeal?
>>
>>268375597
he was gay
>>
Gayness
>>
File: IMG_6413.jpg (116 KB, 1170x1083)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>268375597
Because Kaworu answers and follows up on a lot of things that the Anime was leading up to since the first episode. Kaworu is the climax of the series both plot-wise, thematically, and character-wise
>reveals the biggest mysteries in the lore (what the angels purpose is, what the AT field is and how that connects to Eva’s main theme, what Adam/Lilith are, what Rei is, what SEELE/NERV are up to, what the Eva is, etc.)
>shows Shinji the importance of reaching out and loving another despite the pain it will inevitably bring (main theme of Eva)
>tells Shinji he’s worthy of kindness not for what he does, but for who he is (a turning point in his character arc)
The music animation and battle scenes in his episode were also god-tier.
Kaworu was such a memorable character he started an entire archetype and characters that are clearly based off of him still show up in anime and games all the time.
And he achieved that all in 10 minutes, what a chad.
>>
>>268375597
>Ikuhara Kunihiko: He’s ordered to come back by his father, he’s slapped by Ayanami, he’s called stupid by Asuka, he’s yelled at to straighten up by Misato… Shinji doesn’t recieve much affirmation from others. I think, in this situation, the only one who tells him that he’s fine just the way he is is Kaworu. “You don’t have to try to so hard.”

>Perhaps because of that, after Kaworu appeared, the girls who had been watching Eva and who found it interesting but didn’t feel the kind of enthusiasm that the boys felt about it were able to finally connect emotionally with Shinji. Perhaps because of that everyone loves Kaworu. Hm? Have I ever said to anyone, “you’re fine just the way you are”? Isn’t that something I’m always saying?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.