[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rookie 9.jpg (359 KB, 2087x864)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
One thing I love about part 1 Naruto is how the cast is exactly what would happen if you gave a middle-schooler superpowers and made them child soldiers. For better and worse, Naruto has some of the most realistic 12-13 year olds in anime.
>Naruto over here trying to impersonate his crush’s crush and never shuts the fuck up
>Sakura tends to act like an obnoxious hypocritical self-centered bitch
>Shikamaru just telling Naruto to go die when they meet again in the Chunin Exams and going back to sleep when an invasion happens
>Neji trying to straight up kill his own cousin even though she’s a victim as well and tearing people down for trying to fight against their destiny while hypocritically fighting against his own
They’re all annoying little shitheads who get upset over crushes and what not who are also learning how to kill other people and that honestly made them very entertaining to watch.
>>
>>269106879
it was pretty comfy
>>
>>269106879
I actually knew a Choji in middle school. He was a pretty nice kid, if a bit spacey.
>>
>>269106879
Choji and Shino are actually nice.
>>
File: F6vLMPkXwAAe9FN.jpg (533 KB, 1330x2048)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
>>269106879
Honestly, rereading through the manga was pretty eye-opening because whenever I would get annoyed by their actions, I’d remember "oh wait, they’re 12, no shit they’re like this." It’s honestly why I think the Sakura orphan scene gets overblown a lot. Yes, Sakura saying what she said about Naruto was fucked up but she was called out on it and resolved to be nicer. They’re ignorant middle schoolers, it’s kind of their deal.
>>
File: 1674097616646.jpg (631 KB, 1568x2400)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
>>269106918
Choji is a good kid but even he has his moments
>>
>>269106931
This is what /a/ has been for many years, anon. I still dream of a future where they and the rest of their retarded ilk are ejected, but that's very unlikely.
>>
>>269106981
>Oh, oh, can I?
Kek
>>
>>269106879
>Shikamaru just telling Naruto to go die when they meet again in the Chunin Exams
Wait, when was this?
>>
File: 1673920891662.jpg (698 KB, 1560x2400)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
>>269107000
First appearance in the Chunin Exams. Also, nice trips.
>>
File: 1673920956287.jpg (725 KB, 1560x2400)
725 KB
725 KB JPG
Also, Naruto really fucking hated these people lmao.
>>
>>269107021
>that dog would probably be great with some hot sauce
What the fuck Choji
>>
>>269107021
>Oblivious to blushy face and nympho eyes.
Naruto...
>>
>>269107036
he's never had anyone in his life
what would he know about that kind of affection?
>>
>>269107017
>>269107021
I honestly love how much of a petty dick early Naruto was and how the minute people are vaguely nice to him, he opens up like a big stupid puppy dog. Him being such a petty little shit towards other people due to his loneliness and childhood is equal parts sad, hilarious, and realistic because he’s a 12 year old kid who doesn’t have enough emotional maturity yet.
>>
File: dark naruto.jpg (222 KB, 910x912)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>269107071
One of my favorite things about Naruto is that he is the super nice archetypal shonen MC but a lot of people forget that he isn’t naturally kind in the way someone like Goku is. He’s initially an asshole who sees everything and everyone with irreverence and scorn. Thanks to Iruka and Haku, he begins this journey to being the “love and peace" guy but it isn’t an easy path and the Nine Tails is the representation of that, the desire to make everything go away by killing it and I love how he spends the first half of part 2 mostly losing against his urges to the Nine Tails and later reconciling with it.
>>
>>269106879
>>269107017
>Naruto becomes way stronger than them (Getting a nuke button equivalent IRL)
>Everyone and his bullies suddenly act like they were his best buds
>>
>>269106879
Go kill yourself co faggot.
>>
>>269107133
To be fair, a lot of the other kids don’t really treat him as a monster. They just thought he was annoying as fuck. Naruto mainly received scorn from the adults, who then passed on that scorn to the kids without them understanding why that was the case, which in turn got Naruto to lash out and pull pranks and what not to try and get attention, which seemingly validated the adults’ scorn. It’s an honestly way more interesting dynamic that has layers besides just "everyone was mean to Naruto." This in no way actually justifies the painful, emotional isolation that the kid went through, no child should ever have to go through that, it’s just interesting.
>>
>>269106879
The manga is unironically great up till the Pain arc, seeing the characters develop and all. The war arc is alright but it's all dbz action.
>>
>>269107158
Naruto really suffered from the weekly status.
>>
>>269107133
He does acknowledge this, the hypocrisy of the villagers hailing him a hero after Pain. But he decides this is a better option than being a mopey fuck like Obito.
>>
File: 1673552777280.jpg (592 KB, 1560x2400)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>>269107148
The reaction to Naruto from the kids makes a lot more sense when you reread the first chapter and see how his actions affect the others. Imagine if the dumbass kid from your class acting up had you repeating the same subject multiple times even though you already know this by now. You’d probably be annoyed as shit too.
>>
>>269106931
>>269106987
>oh noes how dare /a/ discuss an anime on /a/
You could just try getting a better dream instead.
>>
>>269107256
Yeah, from our perspective, we’re able to sympathize with Naruto because we know about his circumstances and inner thoughts but the other kids don’t know about that. To them, he’s just another dumbass orphan kid in a society that’s filled to the brim with them.
>>
>>269107114
I think a lot of people also forget in regard to his Talk no Jutsu is that Naruto usually beats the shit out of his enemies first and THEN tries to get them to see his perspective. Especially when people frame it as Naruto going "we're just the same" when in reality he just does that to Gaara, Sasuke and Tobi. His first two successful talks are to Zabuza and Neji and the main point of both of those is how different both characters are from naruto. Don’t even get me started on how people say he does this when he can't win fights when every single one of these (besides the first FAILED one to Pain) has been after he laid them on their ass. They literally wouldn’t listen until he had them in a place where he could have killed them and the manga states over and over again that clashing chakra is the clearest way to see one's true thoughts. it literally doesn’t make sense if he does it to people after losing.
>>
File: GIM0PlNWwAAc9at.jpg (197 KB, 719x1047)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>269107435
I think it’s just people not actually paying attention to the story and spouting off tired memes. I love how for Sasuke and Gaara, they're both absolutely laid out on their asses, see Naruto just as beat to shit as they are but still ready to keep fighting even if he can only crawl forward using his chin. And that's when the talk no jutsu works. They realize even if they're not totally sold on the shit he's selling, they just don't fucking care enough to force him to do it his way. Naruto wins all of his fights through sheer stubborn endurance and refusal to accept that this is how the world has to work and and that's clearest shown by when he loses his first fight against Sasuke - he wasn't completely sure that Sasuke was wrong. Maybe he had to leave the Leaf for the Sound to get strong enough to beat Itachi - maybe his way really isn’t enough. And I think it's really damn cool how Sasuke is the one who rejects that concept in their fight - he decides he can become strong enough to kill Itachi without the Mangekyo and spares Naruto, logic be damned. Naruto lets Sasuke kill him to get revenge, but Sasuke refuses. They both had a chance to go for the win at the end - Sasuke to kill Naruto, and Naruto to knock Sasuke unconscious and drag him back. But neither of them can commit in the end - all that has happened has sown doubt in Naruto, but Naruto's resolve/friendship touched Sasuke in the same way.
>>
File: 1601366030938.png (10 KB, 500x394)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>actually intelligent Naruto discussion on /a/
Am I dreaming? Is this actually a thing that’s happening right now?
>>
>>269107522
It’s rare but once in a blue moon, it happens.
>>
>>269106879
>For better and worse, Naruto has some of the most realistic 12-13 year olds in anime.
I really don't think that shy meek girls stalking and being attracted to the local hyper energetic autist are a common thing.
>>
>>269107549
Even if it’s exaggerated a bit, I can honestly see a girl like Hinata existing IRL. They’re usually just a bit more creepier/frumpy, though.
>>
>>269107021
>A world-class freak
Damn
>>
>>269106931
>>269106987
I'd honestly take Naruto a hundred times over all CGCTrannies.
>>
>>269106951
>It’s honestly why I think the Sakura orphan scene gets overblown a lot.
Desu that scene is a lot better in the manga, where she just goes "man, he's lucky he doesn't have parents to boss him around like I do". For some reason the anime decided to go overboard with that scene and had her go "MAN WHAT AN ORPHANED PIECE OF SHIT, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT HIS PARENTS ARE DEAD? WHAT A FUCKING LOSER!".
Either way, there are still plenty of other reasons to call Sakura a really shitty and poorly written character.
>>
>>269107502
Yeah, both the quality of Naruto’s fighting and the quality of his talking skills is dependent on how confident he is in his position. He honestly didn't 100% believe that his position was more correct than Sasuke's or Pain's so he couldn't beat them or get through to them. And that actually ties in with how the jinchuriki are the purest form of the "ninja are weapons" philosophy. The more Naruto buys into that concept, that all he needs is to be strong enough and then pointed at the target, the more the Kyuubi is able to take over. And even though, fully unleashed, the Nine Tails would have demolished pain, Naruto had developed enough to know that wasn't the only way. He didn't know what the way forward was exactly, but he knew the status quo couldn't be the answer, even when pushed to his absolute limit. But Pain sacrificing himself to bring back those killed in the attack is what finally let Naruto start to construct a vision for the future without that doubt, and by extension allowed to him to begin to forge a new relationship with Kurama, where neither of them are dehumanized.
>>
>>269107549
The stalking is not that bad in the manga to be fair. It’s more of a joke in the anime. Just like how Naruto is depicted as 10x more retarded in anime filler and for anime only gags and shit.
>>
File: 1673839072509.jpg (695 KB, 1560x2400)
695 KB
695 KB JPG
>>269107716
>The more Naruto buys into that concept, that all he needs is to be strong enough and then pointed at the target, the more the Kyuubi is able to take over.
I’d like to think that after he lost Haku after initially buying into the idea that the nature of ninja is to kill each other for their dreams, he decided that he would never make that mistake again even if he has to look pathetic in the process.
>>
>>269107772
I think it’s wild how almost every plot point, theme, and worldbuilding element present in the rest of the Naruto gets introduced in the Land of Waves arc.
>The exploration of what it means to be a Shinobi
>Sasuke’s sacrifice showing off his conflict in regards to wanting to achieve his goal and the effect it has on his relationship with Naruto
>the building blocks of Naruto’s core philosophy
Sure, the rest of the Naruto doesn’t necessarily get as gritty as this arc per-say as some people claim (even if I were to argue that it very much does at several points) and there are arguments that can be made about the powerscaling from then on but almost every arc from then on builds upon what was established in the Land of Waves and it’s kind of sad to have some people miss that in their surface-level critiques of the series. By far one of the best starter arcs in Shonen.
>>
File: 11-o.jpg (119 KB, 728x1056)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>269107502
If Naruto had one Itachi-esque incident where he was reminded just how much he hated everyone, he would've followed along the same path, wouldn't he?
>>
>>269107884
Most likely, yeah. He comes dangerously close towards reaching that point multiple times, especially in the Pain arc, only to be pulled out thanks to having a support network while Sasuke is left to wallow in his trauma and be manipulated by others in order to carry their own goals out.
>>
>>269107435
>Especially when people frame it as Naruto going "we're just the same" when in reality he just does that to Gaara, Sasuke and Tobi.
...and Nagato. And he also went and said the same thing about Haku, as well. "Naruto fights "darker versions" of himself" is a really stale and overused plot point for this series.
>it literally doesn’t make sense if he does it to people after losing.
Yes, it does. The point isn't that they've already lost, the point is that it feels really corny and shallow as fuck to have these criminals who had decades-long plans in the making change their views completely just because they were lectured by a teenager preaching about his "violence bad" ideology. Not to mention how these tnj moments just get used as plot devices in the latter half of the story (Nagato gets tnj'd and revives all the people he's killed, Obito gets tnj'd and joins the good guys against Madara and Kaguya).
I don't get why people like you refuse to look at the execution of these things and acknowledge how shitty and forced it is.
>>269107502
>I think it’s just people not actually paying attention to the story and spouting off tired memes
No, I think you're just biased and stupid for reasons stated above.
>>
>>269108021
>speedreading
>>
>>269108021
>"Naruto fights "darker versions" of himself" is a really stale and overused plot point for this series.
Hey, it worked for Batman.
>>
>>269108087
>no argument
>>
>>269108021
>And he also went and said the same thing about Haku, as well.
Anon, Haku DIED due to believing that his life in the end was nothing but to be of service to Zabuza’s will. Naruto formed his worldview specifically because of seeing how fucked the Shinobi system was to affect someone like that.
>>
>>269108131
Naruto literally went "he's the same as me" when Haku was explaining his backstory and said how awful it feels to have no person who needs you in this world.
I guess it makes sense that the only people stupid enough to defend this garbage are the ones who haven't even read it to realise how terrible it is.
>>
>>269108166
Yes anon, that’s what the role of foils are for. I was mainly talking about how in my initial post how everyone boils down Naruto’s TNJ to "he’s just like me" when that doesn’t even work all of the time. Hell, he didn’t even try with Kaguya and Madara.
>>
WE ARE FIGHTING DREAMERS
>>
Good Naruto thread? Man that's based

War is actually better than early Shippuden btw
>>
>>269107549
Did you see Hinata's circumstances though?
>>
Naruto is shit
>>
>>269110209
Shippuden as a whole is dogshit.
>>
>>269110431
Nah, some of it is better than most P1 stuff
>>
>>269110435
It really isn't, lmao. It's pretentious as fuck and it turned the series into DBZ.
>>
>>269106879
Then Kishimoto started thinking peak character development is becoming bland

It's crazy how Shippuden Naruto >> Part 1 Naruto was a common belief in the 00's and 10's
>>
>>269110506
Nah. Pain is a better story arc than most of part 1. It has everything a compelling story needs.
>>
>>269106879
Reminder that the Gaara vs Lee fight was meant to showcase the dangers of overworking yourself.
>>
>>269106879
It's precisely the fact they act like hormonal angsty tryhard preteens that made them appeal to hormonal angsty tryhard preteens, ESPECIALLY in the MySpace/emo/AMV/Linkin Park era where it felt like pop culture was actively trying to appeal to hormonal angsty tryhard preteens at levels we have never seen before or since. Naruto hit over here in america in 2005, and let me tell you, I don't think it would have been anywhere near as big if it came even 5 years sooner or later. My memory of middle school and early high school around 2005-2007 it was filled with some hardcore edgelords who were fucking obsessed with Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Eminem, and Naruto.
Dragonball Z was too childish (especially that godawful Funimation dub), One Piece was even worse, YuYu Hakusho didn't last long enough and was too macho and not angsty enough, and we were a few years out from Bleach picking up.
Naruto is just peak 2005 "emo kid who loves knives and ninjas" anime.
>>
>>269110760
My personal experience around that same time is that Naruto was the first anime that kids who grew up watching anime alongside cartoons actually continued to watch past 12. Not saying that never happened before, but 2005-2008 is around the exact same time that the "manchild" phenomenon started really kicking off, and I always associate Naruto with it because that was the first time in my neck of the woods when kids going through puberty who normally would have started calling cartoons "gay baby shit" were keeping up with an animated show *en masse* Like it wasn't at all uncool to talk about Naruto when you were 14 or 15, but if you were still talking about Powerpuff Girls or Dragon Ball Z, you were gay.
>>
>>269110760
you can cope all you want, but Naruto from a little faggot grows into a compassionate person. Sasuke is really the only one that keeps being edgy. Naruto's philosophy is the most wholesome out of all of shounen, which clashes against what you said in your cope lashout
>>
>>269110811
>but if you were still talking about Powerpuff Girls or Dragon Ball Z, you were gay.
I mean looking at the average fare on /dbs/ and /co/, I can't say that mid 2000s freshman highschool meat was wrong
>>
>>269110811
and now being gay is ultra popular and half of these who were pointing it out are probably gay themselves
>>
>>269110760
>Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Eminem, and Naruto.
People always associated them with Dragon Ball Z because of all the Gohan and Vegeta AMVs, but having grown up in that era of Youtube and religiously following Naruto online, I will NEVER be able to associate Linkin Park with anything other than Naruto. Three Days Grace too. That whole era of mainstream rock felt like it was tailor made for anime music videos, and Naruto felt like it was tailor made to be made into AMVs.
>>
Is Naruto worth watching? Im 30 years old
>>
>>269110431
Not true at all, Akatsuki had plenty of good members. Mostly being given undeserved deaths, but that's what happens when you make charismatic cool guys who you just don't wanna see die.
>>
>>269110886
Everything up to Zabuza is kino, and it's still decent up to the Chunin Exams
After that, it's completely hit or miss
>>
>>269110669
I meant Naruto as in the character. Even on /a/ it was very common to find the opinion that Shippuden Naruto is a better character simply because he is more "mature"
>>
>>269110435
not really
the story and kishis arts takes a complete nosedive after the timeskip
>>
>>269106981
This just seems like buddy banter.
>>
>>269110669
/a/ hated Naruto, period. The board was almost entirely moeshit and seasonal anime for years until moot lost his mind
>>
>>269110932
That's wrong. Such blanket statements like this show you really haven't read the manga in years.
>>
>>269107532
Uchiha red moon*
>>
>>269110886
read
>>
>>269110431
Based
>>
>>269110886
>>269111067
just dont read the coloured version, thats something only third worlders do
>>
>>269110638
>It has everything a compelling story needs.
>Bullshit deus ex machina ending through talk no jutsu
>Main villain can fly and effortlessly destroy the entire village like a Dragon Ball character
Nah, you're a retard with shit taste if you believe that.
>>
>>269110996
Most of the criticism Naruto got was pretty valid.
That's why I can't take any retards like you who say stuff like "i-it's only hated cuz it's popular!!!!!" seriously. You sound like biased morons blinded by fanboyism and unable to properly take any sort of criticism.
>>
>>269111106
Incredibly surface level and retarded criticism. Throwing "talk no jutsu" as if that proved anything, complaining that the closest thing we've had to a god in 50 volumes was able to fly for 2 pages and had enough capabilities to blow up a village as if that meant something (good or bad) for the story... You're not an art critic, you don't know what makes a story good or bad and the worse part is that you think your opinion is worth shit when you got filtered by a fucking kids comic that isn't even really very good. Develop some reasoning
>>
>>269110669
>Sasuke & Itachi vs. Kabuto was loved mostly everywhere
Who tf thought that the fight with Kabuto's shitty sob story and Itachi asspulling an overpowered technique out of nowhere because Kishi couldn't think of a better way to make him win was good? Lmao
>>
>>269106879
>Naruto is how the cast is exactly what would happen if you gave a middle-schooler superpowers and made them child soldiers
Sure, if you gave IRL middle schoolers superpowers and then that day, put them in a fantasy setting.
As a coherent world, the characters lack the morality that would be realistic for such a setting.
>>
>>269111160
>the closest thing we've had to a god in 50 volumes
We shouldn't have had a character that was "close to a god". That's not what the first part was about, and it makes the entire series feel like a DBZ ripoff, because every villain after Pain also needed to become an overpowered god.
Also, he wasn't even the first godlike character, considering Itachi was also on par with him.
>as if that meant something (good or bad) for the story
It is shitty worldbuilding, which is part of the story.
>Develop some reasoning
You first, faggot. All your arguments are pure cancer.
>>
File: 1701231060284850.png (2.69 MB, 1345x1042)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
>>269111304
>We shouldn't have had a character that was "close to a god".
Why? Lol. Part 2 isn't part 1. Part 1 already had some kind of demon foxes and stuff like that. Part 1 had Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Tsunade destroying the landscape too. The Hokage is a one man army, and so on. There's literally nothing wrong with raising the stakes by introducing a "godly" being with the Rinnegan.
>it makes the entire series feel like a DBZ ripoff
This is so fucking retarded. You don't know Dragon Ball OR Naruto. Dragon Ball has a very specific identity, and your retarded ass gets there to say "yeah Pain's nuke was pretty big so it's like Dragon Ball right?". So fucking dumb.
>because every villain after Pain also needed to become an overpowered god
They didn't have to, but that's an issue with the war arc, yes. And not because "it feels like Dragon Ball", but because the fights stop making sense.
>Also, he wasn't even the first godlike character, considering Itachi was also on par with him.
Not really, no.
>It is shitty worldbuilding, which is part of the story.
Pic related is what a sick drugged Jiraiya can dish out.
Naruto fought a giant sand monster and won. He was 12 and unleashed hell on earth like that.
>You first, faggot. All your arguments are pure cancer.
You're the one shitting on the arc but failing to develop any kind of meaningful criticism. "DBZ, talk no jutsu" is what I expect to read on MAL, not here of all places.
>>
>>269111428
Also, I'm not against actual criticism. Maybe you could complain that most of the village ended up being pretty useless after Naruto did most of the work, and that the mystery solving part of the arc didn't quite deliver? Sure why not. And if we were to complain about "worldbuilding" (actually: powerlevels), Naruto speedrunning his way to Kage level in a week is pretty huge. But again, this requires some level-headed criticism rather than "it's shit" or "it's perfect".
>>
File: TonyTiger.png (1007 KB, 1024x768)
1007 KB
1007 KB PNG
>>269110886
Yes, watch the fillers for hilarious plots too.
>>
File: 1716003037071.jpg (209 KB, 640x816)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>
>>269111428
>Why?
Because it ruins the identity of the series, lmao. Part 1 felt more grounded in reality, even with shit like Naruto summoning a giant frog or Gaara covering an entire forest with sand, and it still required the characters to plan out fight and each move that they pulled off. It's why you could have something like Kabuto beating Tsunade through strategy, even though they're in completely different tiers of power. Meanwhile, in Shippuden (especially late Shippuden), everything boils down to who can create the bigger bijuu bomb. Are you really so retarded that you need all of this spelled out for you?
>yeah Pain's nuke was pretty big so it's like Dragon Ball right?
Yeah, that's something similar to the powerscaling in Dragon Ball. Combine that with him flying and creating said nukes effortlessly, even though the characters before him had to sacrifice something or do some massive planning in order to create an explosion this big. That's what retarded powerscaling is.
>Not really, no.
Edo Itachi killed Nagato. You can debate this further with powerlevelfags.
>>269111428
>Pic related is what a sick drugged Jiraiya can dish out.
And Jiraiya and the other sanin were already treated as S ranked top tiers in part 1, and yet every character that is as strong or stronger than Itachi can easily shit on them. Do you seriously not see the problem here?
>but failing to develop any kind of meaningful criticism. "DBZ, talk no jutsu"
Those are valid criticisms. The fact that you're a coping moron who can't or is unwilling to see how the series copying DBZ or having pseudo-philosophical villains doesn't change that.
>>
>>269110886
No
Read Bleach instead
>>
Hi guys, just stopping by to remind everyone that Sasuke won so hard
>>
File: 1713353358273416.png (1.18 MB, 877x1318)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>269111827
>Because it ruins the identity of the series, lmao. Part 1 felt more grounded in reality, even with shit like Naruto summoning a giant frog or Gaara covering an entire forest with sand, and it still required the characters to plan out fight and each move that they pulled off
Have you read the manga or just memes of it? Why are you talking about tactics when Pain is easily one of the most tactical fights if not the most?
Why are you so easily disregarding a TWELVE YEAR OLD who wasn't even promoted Chunin pulling PIC RELATED? It's far, FAR more egregious when it comes to power escalation than the Pain arc ever went. If anything, Pain isn't that impressive compared to Deidara's explosions and all your criticism is arbitrary at best, incredibly retarded at worst.
>Yeah, that's something similar to the powerscaling in Dragon Ball
If anything it's closer to Naruto than Dragon Ball in the way it's shown lol.
>Combine that with him flying and creating said nukes effortlessly, even though the characters before him had to sacrifice something or do some massive planning in order to create an explosion this big
Why are you lying? Why the fuck are you lying? His 5 other bodies were KO'd just for him to pull this and he lost his main ability for half of the next fight, which allowed Naruto to have a chance at all. He also lost years of his life, according to Konan and shown on screen. Nagato was puking blood.
>Edo Itachi killed Nagato
Two very different situations. Itachi was never close to Pain in powerlevel.
>And Jiraiya and the other sanin were already treated as S ranked top tiers in part 1, and yet every character that is as strong or stronger than Itachi can easily shit on them
Not really, Itachi ran from Jiraiya. And I don't see where you're coming with this. Kage tier ninja threw nukes in part 1, Kage tier ninjas threw nukes in part 2, and you're bitching about it in part 2 because it's fashionable.
>>
>>269112002
>Kage tier ninja threw nukes in part 1

No they didn't. A huge fire attack is not the same as a Bijuu Bomb. You just need to have some Earth Release to survive it
>>
>>269112218
Yes and no. You might argue that the story tries to distinguish between "big explosion" and "bijuu bomb" (or not, honestly the distinction gets fuzzy at times and Kishimoto just writes whatever he wants and characters shrug off insane damage like it's nothing), but the idea that characters will nuke the entire area was always there, and that a 12 year old Naruto could do that is way more of a stretch of the system than Pain nuking a village.
>>
>>269112002
>Pain is easily one of the most tactical fights if not the most?
It really isn't.
>Why are you so easily disregarding a TWELVE YEAR OLD who wasn't even promoted Chunin pulling PIC RELATED?
1. Ninja ranks didn't mean shit. Gaara was ranked as a genin and he was above most chunins.
2. That's not Naruto, that's the frog he summoned. And even then, the frog almost didn't want to aid him.
All your retorts are either arbitrary or retarded.
>If anything it's closer to Naruto than Dragon Ball in the way it's shown
You're genuinely retarded if you think that lmao.
>If anything, Pain isn't that impressive compared to Deidara's explosions
Deidara had to kill himself to do that. That's literally the powerscaling bullshit I was talking about, you retard.
>Why are you lying? Why the fuck are you lying? His 5 other bodies were KO'd just for him to pull this and he lost his main ability for half of the next fight,
I was talking about him blowing up the village before Naruto showed up and fought all of the remaining Pain bodies, you braindead moron.
>Kage tier ninjas threw nukes in part 1
Literally only Tsunade was doing that by making craters with her punches because that was her gimmick. Orochimaru never threw nuke bombs, lmao. And even if that were true, that also works in the favor of my argument, since the sanin are mid tier in Shippuden.
>>
File: 1713679640057121.jpg (236 KB, 1066x1600)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>269112695
>It really isn't.
It is. I'm not even going to entertain you any longer if you're this dishonest.
>>
File: my-image.png (299 KB, 1140x372)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
what do you think anons ??

how would you shuffle teams ???

https://tiermaker.com/create/konoha-12-and-senseis-155441
>>
File: 1698158858966279.png (188 KB, 615x617)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>269106879
So, just like any other cartoon like ever? Gosh, Narutards truly are retarded imbeciles. The lowest of the low.
>>
>>269106879
>it's bad on purpose
>>
>>269112737
I accept your concession.
>>
>>269112246
No Bijuu Bombs are way more destructive as their explosions are so big you can see the landscape, and they can spam them as well. You have been posting the Shukaku fight but all it tells me is that the Bijuus were victims of powercreep too

And despite Shukaku being way weaker than in Part 2, at the time Kishi still saw him as so strong you could only defeat him by waking up Gaara, not by actually defeating Shukaku
>>
File: rbb.jpg (1.62 MB, 1456x2152)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>269113099
Forgot pic
>>
File: 1721744693765.jpg (168 KB, 540x694)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
Some true Naruto scholars ITT. God bless my fellow Narutards
>>
>>269106879
>It's good because the cast is unlikable
>>
>>269106879
Threads like these really remind me of why people hate narutards so much.
>>
>>269113895
The cast was likable and full of soul tho
>>
>>269106879
back when naruto was kino
>>
>>269110431
No Shippuden is kino and better than part 1
>>
>>269110506
Stupid meme. There is nothing about Naruto that has anything to do with Dragon Ball. Fuck off already spic
>>
>>269111193
Everybody who was a Naruto fan ofc. This is obvious feom the sales charts.
>>
>>269107021
To me it was always grating how Shikamaru got retconned into being Naruto's friend on the very next arc.
>>
>>269110886
It's worth reading. Anime is a bad adaptation. Best battle shonen manga tho
>>
>>269111153
Not really because it was just spamming and shit that they didn't do to other series. Their valid criticism applied to other series more but they were selectively applying it to just Naruto
>>
>>269111876
Lmao fuck no
>>
>>269111827
Can you go back to your DB threads already? Nothing DB about Naruto. Naruto had high power destructive attacks since the beginning of the series when a mythical fox monster was easily destroying a powerful ninja village.
>>
>>269106879
what fucking school you went that you see as realistic to want to kill your cousin?
>>
>>269112872
HxH is pretty much Dragon Ball x JoJo x Naruto but for pedophiles and homosexuals with all the faggotry in that shit
>>
Good thread with proper discussion. Good stuff.
>>
>>269107549
Nah, they do exist. They're just very fat, have self-esteem issues and/or are really ugly.

Realistically Hinata would've been fat, full of acne and have bad body odor.
>>
File: 1721753385503.jpg (36 KB, 645x615)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>269110941
>>269110996
>>269111153
>>269111228
>>269117765
Nigger, Naruto had entire seasons worth of filler in which absutely NOTHING happened. The threads were dead instantly because there was nothing to discuss and they quickly became full of spam, avatarfags and shitty memes.

The manga also suffered from poor pacing at times and the last arcs of Shippuden are truly terrible both in writing and in how absurd the power levels got.

Narutards were very obnoxious as well. Probably just a few autists shitting up the boars and getting the rest of the fans a bad name, kinda like the Pok*mon XY fag that invades all anime discussion on /vp/ or that one spammer that floods threads whenever a certain little girl show is mentioned.

On retrospective we can appreciate Naruto for what it is, the good art quality of the manga, the good animation and soundtrack the anime got, the cool characters, etc. But when it was on filler hell it was excruciating to follow.
>>
>>269112978
>characters being flawed is bad
>>
>>269111193
I did. I liked Kabuto because he’s a foil to Naruto who’s fully aware that he’s ultimately just a side villain and he absolutely fucking hates it. He sees Naruto getting strength through his bonds with others, admires it and tries to replicate it but Kabuto doesn't know what a healthy relationship looks like, so he completely misunderstands it. He's always just latched on to stronger people who gave him security. So he inherits his teacher's sage mode just like Naruto and perfects techniques that the original creators of said techniques couldn't, but in the most ugly way possible. In the same way that a lot of Naruto's villains (especially Pain and Tobi) are emblematic of who Sasuke is or could become, Sasuke's villains in Kabuto and Danzo represent that darkest outcomes for Naruto. It’s also why his convos with Itachi and responses get a rise out of him.
>Itachi: tbqh the Uchiha name isn’t even a big deal, I don't care about it that much and neither should you
>Kabuto: Oh my God shut the FUCK up you do not get to say that
The fight is kinda funny once you zoom out and realize that the trajectory of the war was swung by two child soldiers spies trying to speed run a therapy session. It’s honestly hilarious, sad, and fitting that Kabuto doesn’t want to be remembered for just being a side piece in greater ninja history within the story but he tends to get disregarded from fans due to being in the presence of Obito and Madara in the same arc.
>>
>>269117704
Was it really a retcon? They just seemed like classmates who paired together via circumstance due to being total fuck-ups. There’s a difference between having to hang out with the class clown because you got detention and actually getting to be his friend.
>>
I was surprised how good classic naruto is. It all went downhill when 4 tail naruto started shooting laser beans nukes in shippuden.
>>
>>269112002
Naruto was only able to summon Gababunta as a genin because of his massive chakra pool. I think that would normally be a kage level feat.
>>
File: 20240723_145055.jpg (955 KB, 1920x1505)
955 KB
955 KB JPG
Turns out Hinata was always in this page.
Shit scans just cut her out.
>>
>>269120777
What was this page for?
>>
>>269121526
Sasuke having a flashback while fighting Nardo at VoTE2.
>>
File: team shuffle.png (207 KB, 329x331)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>269112782
Two of my teams ended up being identical to yours but I'll explain my reasoning for each anyway.
Squad 1: Naruto (ninjutsu type) goes with Asuma so that Asuma can teach him wind release early. Tenten (taijutsu type) goes in this squad because she can use weapon summoning to arm Naruto's clone army, Asuma can also teach them both to actually wield weapons instead of just throwing them. Since this squad has a solid frontline already, and Shino is the only backline sensory type/scout, he goes in this squad. Shino can also use Naruto's chaotic clone waves as a cover to slip his bugs into the fight unnoticed.
Squad 2: Kurenai and Sakura (medical/genjutu???) go together so that Sakura can actually learn genjutsu from someone. Ino (one-trick pony) goes here since having a squad leader that specializes in immobilization will let her body swap shine, she can also act as Sakura's rival encouraging the two of them to grow stronger together. This squad is sorely lacking frontline strength, and Neji is the strongest sensory type, so he is added to this squad to serve as both a scout and a defensive wall for the girls. Sakura and Ino can both use medical jutsu, allowing Neji to endure this heavy responsibility.
Squad 3: Guy and Lee have to together obviously. They are both retarded, so Shikamaru is added to give the squad much needed tactical efficiency. Hinata is the weakest sensory type, so she goes in this squad where she'll be well protected.
Squad 4: Sasuke goes with Kakashi so that he can see jounin level sharingan use in action. Choji's job is to be Sasuke's bro by repelling women away from this all-male squad with his fatness, as well as chilling him out with snickers bars when Sasuke starts having an Uchiha moment. Kiba takes the role of scout because of his keen sense of smell, and because his rough personality will allow him to subsitute for Naruto as troubled-child Sasuke's rival, encouraging both of them to grow stronger.
>>
>>269107435
Winning in the battle is often a sign that his views are better depending on the opponent as well. He had to beat Sasuke for his talk no jutsu to impact Sasuke, because Sasuke's whole view is that severing his bonds with others would lead to more power. Naruto had to show he was stronger after all for Sasuke's views on what leads to power to change.

In the Pain instance, Naruto's talk no justu was only successful after he beat Pain because it showed that Pain was wrong. Pain thought the cycle of vengeance was inevitable, but when Naruto who had just lost everyone and everything to Pain was willing to not get his revenge. it showed Pain that there was maybe another way afterall, even if Naruto didn't have all the details and ideas for how to achieve that at the time.

Lack of talk no jutsu is one of the many reasons aBORTion is so trash and fanfic. No one has anything to say to each other. The enemies are either tabula rasas trees or ayylmaos who only seek power for its own sake.
>>
Thoughts after reading the series myself:
1. Shikamaru rules
2. I wish that not everyone was either Naruto or knew a Naruto because goddammit that’s a lot of Narutos, and if all it takes for him to convince them to give up their plans is to remind them that they used to be or used to know a Naruto, then he’s not really that good at convincing people. Doesn’t help the Sage of the Six Paths tells him that he was ordained to be a Naruto.
3. Killer Bee rules, beats Sasuke twice while writing bars, if you told me Naruto was his best friend I’d believe it.
4. Goddammit this series loves flashbacks, and not just backstory flashbacks, but scenes we’ve seen as readers. I found myself glossing over those pages more often than not.
5. Goddamn they weren’t kidding about Kishimoto not knowing how to write women. Sakura really wants to be on the team but cannot keep up, in a series full of families and clans and bloodlines, we don’t see hers in the manga.
6. I know they acknowledge it but dammit, the conflict between the Kages gets settled by an otherworldly threat that dwarfs any individual firepower, Ozymandius-style. Sure that’s Sasuke’s plan and sure it’s said to be a fleeting peace, but I wish it wasn’t so apparent.
7. Rock Lee should have had that moment, poor bastard. Guy’s cool but everyone else in Lee’s generation gets their cool moments in.
>>
>>269122873
>Tabulas rasas
Uh?
>>
>>269123030
>1. Shikamaru rules
Stop larping, Kishimoto.
>>
Just learned about two blue vortex? Is it kino?
>>
>>269123258
No.
>>
>>269123030
>5. Goddamn they weren’t kidding about Kishimoto not knowing how to write women. Sakura really wants to be on the team but cannot keep up, in a series full of families and clans and bloodlines, we don’t see hers in the manga.
Kishimoto is a confirmed women knower and Sakura is a perfect representation of a teenage girl. She may not be the hyper competent action woman who is a true part of a big 3 with Sasuke and Naruto that some segments of the fandom want, but she is a very realistic depiction and a flawed character, and I appreciate it.

I do agree that we should have gotten her family early and often in the story. One of her notable traits is not coming from a famous clan, but also that she does indeed have a normie family, which Sasuke and Naruto don't. If they showed her family from the beginning and had their home as a sort of "home base" where team 7 hung out after missions, it would have gone a long way towards showing the team coming together and give another reason for Sasuke to abandon the village - maybe he gets too comfortable at having found a new family that he worries he's gotten soft and forgotten his own mission as an avenger for the Uchiha clan. It could also show the non-ninja side of the village, and give more motivation for why Sakura wants to be a ninja herself.
>>
>>269123306
Shit
>>
>>269123193
The new enemies for part 2 of aBORTion are tree people who have just recently gained sentience. They have no past and are effectively blank slates - tabula rasas. Their only motivations are to become complete by devouring an important character.
>>
>>269107716
>But Pain sacrificing himself to bring back those killed in the attack is what finally let Naruto start to construct a vision for the future without that doubt, and by extension allowed to him to begin to forge a new relationship with Kurama, where neither of them are dehumanized.
I still don't like how he revive everyone. I think it would have been fine had he revvied only 6 people, but hte whole village? It made the conclusion feel cheap.
I also love that in that arc we see a fleshed out explanation of Naruto's character development in why he wants to be hokage; he wanted to be accepted and recognized by the village when he was 12. by the time he was 16 the village had already accepted him, even before confronting Nagato, so he wanted to become to protect everyone and prevent suffering.
>>
File: 1696071488114456.png (1.8 MB, 1010x1558)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>269117878
Ironically enough, Naruto is the series that codified the "straight yaoi" genre. The central focus lies on the gay tension between the MC and his rival without any of the sexual stuff involved. It's homosexuality at its purest
>>
Sakura is pregnant with my child btw.
>>
>>269124744
Raikage..
>>
File: GR9BxZqacAA0Guv.jpg (513 KB, 2048x871)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
>>269106879
It avoided being as formulaic as One Piece's East Blue saga
>>
File: F6vLMPmWoAANf_g.jpg (535 KB, 1330x2048)
535 KB
535 KB JPG
>>269106879
>Naruto over here trying to impersonate his crush’s crush and never shuts the fuck up
Don’t forget trying to make her hate said crush too.
>>
>>269106951
>expired milk
Letting Naruto live by himself is such an obviously terrible idea. I don't know why the manga tries to pretend like Sarutobi ever gave a rat's ass about him.
>>
>>269125330
>I could make Sakura hate Sasuke...
>That could work!
Naruto was so naive. He had no idea.
>>
>>269106879
I never understood why the reality of the shinobi villages using child soldiers was never so much as mentioned
>>
>>269107133
Just in real life
>>
>>269106951
It’s kind of funny how people forget that Sakura saved Naruto’s life, like, twice in the first few arcs. She may get annoyed by the guy but she doesn’t truly hate him.
>>
File: changes.jpg (102 KB, 960x493)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>269126026
Reminder that Studio Pierrot actually cut this out.
>>
>>269106879
>One thing I love about this supernatural kids show is that it has kids with supernatural power
That's... one of the most generic and used premise for a shounen.
>>
File: 1000000556.jpg (340 KB, 1830x2048)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
Reminder that they should have been girls
>>
>>269107021
Shinobros...
>>
>>269112782
I am too lazy to past an image.
>Kakashi's team.
Sasuke, Kiba and Tenten. Sasuke can learn from Kakashi to use the sharingan and to make chidoris, like we saw in the series. Kiba can improve his sensory skill and chakra control if Kakashi teaches him what he knoes and helps him with his summoned dogs. We could also see Kiba making a pact with those same summons to stalk and hunt down the enemy like a pack of wolves. Sasuke could also help the other two to improve their fighting style; summoing shuriken and otehr weapons is part of Sasuke's arsenal so Tenten could become a better weapon user/summoner thanks to him. Kiba was shown trapping people in the forest of death and I really like how he was portrayed as a ruthless hunter. Him and Sasuke could set up traps for enemies they have been following with their sensory skills. Sasuke also likes to use wires to restrict the enemy from moving so he can set them aflame.
>Guy's
Lee, Choji and Hinata.
Hinata needs someone like Guy to help her become more confident and actually learn how to fight. Choji is there because he was the weakest link in the InoShikaCho trio for the longest time. Guy could teach him to control his body and chakra just like he did with Lee and the gates. That way, Choji could pull out the butterfly and giant forms earlier on and wouldn't depend on the pills so much (which is a shame given I liked how people like Kiba, Choji or Lee used substances to get temporary buffs. I think that aspect of "treat your body lik an object for the greater good" of the series could have been explored even more with artificial enhancements, like the pills or Oro's sound ninja, ratehr than focusing so much on the mystical enhancements)
>>
>>269126985
>Kurenai
Shikamaru, Shino and Sakura
Kurenai and Shikamaru can prevent the enemy from moving with illusion and shadow manipulation, they complete eachother's fighting style. Sakura had potential for genjutsu because of her chakra control. She decided to use that talent to become a medic which she could still be in this version she would just be better at genjutsu so that she can see Sasuke eye to eye. Shino is honestly an ace that can fit anywhere. I chose to place him in Kurenai's team because he is the only one besides Naruot and Sasuke who could actually keep up with Shikamaru's intellect in battle.
>Asuma
Naruto, Neji and Ino
I think you could switch up Nauto and Shino but I like his dynamics and interactions with Neji and Ino. Asuma can teach the two boys how to fight CQC given how the three of them have vast amounts of chakra. Ino has great crowd control and info gathering skills to compliment her team's raw strength.
>>
>>269111291
>As a coherent world, the characters lack the morality that would be realistic for such a setting.
Explain yourself
>>
>>269107522
Blame the source material for that
>>
File: Fy3rCHRXwAE1Gwn.png (110 KB, 441x508)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>269107114
One of my favorite little story beats from part 2 is how relying on Kurama’s power is Naruto’s first instinct after getting humiliated by sasuke. It’s literally killing him but he doesn’t care because thats the only way he feels powerful anymore. It’s why I don’t really get people saying that Naruto being too weak in the first half of part 2 is a writing flaw. Like, no, that's just a part of the story. He’s falling behind because he wants this shortcut that's just him feeding all of his worst qualities.
>>
>>269106987
Can't speak for Boruto threads, but this thread alone is better than any other mainstream Shonenshit thread currently plaguing the catalog. There's actual discussion going on, there's not an insane amount of shipfaggotry spam and character discussion goes beyond "le Chad xddd / le Cuck xddd" and any other ailments born in /dbs/ before infecting the rest of the board. /a/ is such an awful place for Shounen anime, you have to be severely mentally ill to browse most generals daily.
>>
>>269127768
a shame they throw this out after he gets his best power up for an aesthetically shittier and generic super saiyan thing
>>
>>269127823
Which one, Sage mode or the fox cloak? Because I’d argue he still had to work very hard to schedule those.
>>
>>269127861
>>269127876
super fox obviously
what a shitty fucking transformation
>>
>>269107017
And then it was retconned that they were all friends.
>>
>>269106879
Hinata was the only one who spotted the future school shooter.
>>
File: naruto vs sasuke.gif (1.93 MB, 245x184)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>269127768
We honestly don’t talk about how Naruto has never won a legitimate fight in his Nine Tails rage mode enough.
>Haku
It wears off and he gives up. Haku proceeds to willingly sacrifice himself to Kakashi’s attack to protect Zabuza.
>Orochimaru
He gets thrown around and sealed.
>Kimmimaro
Gets like 500 clones killed and has to be bailed out by Lee
>Sasuke
Loses HARD
>Deidara
Loses to a guy with no arms
>Orochimaru Round 2
Forgets he’s supposed to fight Orochimaru and almost kills Sakura
>Sasuke Round 2
Stopped before it can even start
>Pain
Actually almost works at the expense of Naruto trying to kill himself. Has to actually beat him using tactics.
The fights where Nine Tails chakra is actually useful is in ones where it’s used intentionally and with restraint. Against Neji, Gaara, fake Itachi, Kakuzu and every fight with KCM. Handing the controller over to Kurama never works.
>>
>>269128068
>Orochimaru Round 2
>Forgets he’s supposed to fight Orochimaru and almost kills Sakura
I’ll never not laugh at how Orochimaru had the balls to punch a rage-induced Jinchūriki in the face.
>>
Naruto has the most retarded premise when you think about it.
Isolating and abusing a living nuclear bomb is beyond retarded.
>>
>>269128154
People fear what they don’t understand.
>>
>>269127934
Only in the fillers. In the manga, they were more like kids stuck in detention together.
>>
>>269128200
You don't fucking throw lit matches at a fucking pile of tnt
>>
>>269107021
>brunette
Hinata is supposed to have brown hair?
>>
>>269128235
How dumb are you?
This is a fucking known threat that if unleashed can easily kill them all.
Why would you do anything that could make it easier to happen
>>
File: world class freak.png (156 KB, 266x312)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>269107021
After they get married, she gleefully demonstrates how accurate this assertion is.

>>269107036
Our hero is a fucking moron, because shonen.
>>
>>269128154
>>269128242
>>269128280
oh, anon
you really are stupid
>>
File: 105239599_p0.png (3.32 MB, 1563x2405)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
>>269117991
>Realistically Hinata would've been fat, full of acne and have bad body odor.
h-hot
>>
File: 1721774270363.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>269106951
>>269125525
It's shit like the that reminds me how badly the 3rd hokage comes off, all because kishi didn't plan out his story. That, or Sarurobi is actually one of the most cruel, evil, backstabbing fucker in the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtT1d4MsOmQ&t=0

There's 0 reason for him to treat Naurto or Sasuke like fucking Harry Potter. He could have adopted both of them and been a father to them. It's his fault these tragedies happened to their families, and he just leaves them to fucking fend for themselves like street rats.

>Inb4 he was heckin busy being the hokage

That's not a fucking excuse. I would feel personally responsible for those two, which j fucking was. I would do anything to give them a good life, including quitting the Hokageship. And the rest of the village isn't much better. You're telling me none of you motherfuckers could have just told Naruto who his parents are? They fucking all know who Minato is. You're telling me none of them let it slip that "hey you're the splitting image of the 4th hokage, isn't that weird? He was a hero who died protecting the village". But no, they gotta keep it a secret because it might make his dad's enemies target him. First of all, no the fuck it won't, how will they even get to Naruto in Konoha. Second, who gives a shit, evil villians are gonna do evil shit, news flash. Maybe if you fucking take care of him you don't have to worry about his safety? Instead of letting him OD on instant ramen and spoiled milk? Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>269117872
you don't think kids would want to kill certain people they hate if they had the power to do so?
>>
>>269120777
gaara is a manlet
>>
>>269128846
He was a premature baby who couldn't sleep and was probably also malnurished. Give him a break.
>>
>>269129156
reminder that kankuro used to hate midgets because of gaara
>>
Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
>>269127151
Life is too cheap and people die too often for people, even kids, to have such flippant attitudes and a sense of naivete.
While the kids aren't meant to be fighting enemy ninja regularly, they are expected to handle bandits and thugs that plan to use lethal force against them, and to respond in kind.
The context and attitudes don't match.
>>
>>269128734
I wish Kishi just leaned into the 3rd hokage being a piece of shit.
>>
>>269129621
To be fair, most of them were fresh out of the academy and had relatively sheltered lives, but the series laso had characters like Sasuke, the sand siblings, the sound mooks and Kabuto. They were all shaded in some way or anotehr and none of them was older than 16.
>>
>>269129753
In retrospect yeah because there's no way to get around him treating Nart/Sauce like shit other than what Kishi did which is pray you didn't remember/think too hard about it. Sarutobi's character is like the ultimate scapegoat for every wack rewrite Kishi did. "Oh Itachi is actually a good guy forced into a shitty situation oh wait that makes Sarutobi look like a total animal oh well he's dead and not that popular"
>>
So I guess being immune to the passive simping field is part of the Hyuuga's bloodline ability.
>>
>>269129957
>Sarutobi's character is like the ultimate scapegoat for every wack rewrite Kishi did.
Don't you mean Danzo?
>>
Danzo and Sarutobi did nothing wrong
>>
>>269130007
he was actually the only survivor of a school shooting if you think of it. Itachi is the ultimate school shooter chud. No wonder Itachi had so many fans
>>
>>269130048
Imagine being homeschooled and still end up a shooter.
>>
>>269130027
Danzo was meant to be the scapegoat for Sarutobi being the scapegoat, but again that only works if you don't think about it too hard because Sarutobi is still complicit in most of this shit by association with Danzo.
>>
>>269129621
I don’t particularly agree. In the Chunin Exams for example, Team 8 straight up set up traps with life-threatening leeches for other teams to fall into. Team 10 were planning to go for the weakest links first (i.e. Naruto). Sasuke straight up stabs a dude straight through.
>>
>despite doing the same thing Itachi did, Danzo is the only one vilified for the Uchiha massacre
....are people retarded or something?
>>
>>269130163
Not retarded but superficial. Itachi is pretty, Danzo is old and ugly.
>>
>>269130226
that's retarded
>>
>>269129220
he was too autistic for a gf. girls were throwing themselves at him and he completely ignored them

>>269129448
Naruto is a gateway anime of the best kind. It's a good series, a cohesive vision of story and characterization that is very well done by all aspects, and which attempts to capitalize on its strengths by adding in parallels and visual storytelling. The normal anon can enjoy its themes which appeal to most for being universal. It isn't perfect but its good moments outweigh its flaws.

Not only that but this series serves as a breeding ground for passionate fans of all kinds - artists, analysts, cosplayers, kids and adults alike who engage in fun discussions both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all looking so damn cool, the jutsus, the unique snd memorable character designs, the whole ninja system and world building. Evetything about Naruto brings fans together, while the deep backstories, emphasis on the cycle of hatred, and overall relatability of the series make it fit right in with almost anyone and their sense of trying to find their place in the world. Exactly the kind of themes that invite people to share their experiences and have fun with the series.

Naruto is basically THE anime series that most people got into as kids and it shows by being so beloved here.
Keep sharing your love for Naruto, Anons!
>>
File: ninjas.png (70 KB, 705x514)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>269130226
well it looks like this needs to come back into circulation
>>
File: really, nigga.png (1.17 MB, 992x660)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
I genuinely appreciate the animators making Hinata the only one who doesn't put up with Sasuke's bullshit.
>>
>>269130264
I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto's revisionism in Boruto not only revealed all the things Danzo did but also pin every little bad thing that happened in the series on him, basically turning him into what Sasuke and Pain were trying to be.
>>
File: F8I6ltXXMAADFBH.jpg (453 KB, 1364x2048)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
>>269130380
I love how Shino wasted no time in trying to crush Kiba’s dreams.
>>
>>269130264
I don’t know about all that!
>>
File: jir.jpg (338 KB, 1036x1500)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
I said it last year here and to myself but for all the faults I eventually had with it, I never really believed that hard work vs talent was the main theme of the series nor that it was inaccurate to ninjas. Contrary to what people say, ninjas actually were capable of summoning and were diverse in what they wore. Additionaly the frog, snake, and slug are part of a rock paper scissors game.

Oh and Kishimoto ks a late bloomer if you think about it.
>>
>>269130421
>delusions of not being a side character vs being very aware that you're a side character and pissed about it
>>
>>269130421
He was probaby giggling inside knowing that he isn't the only one who gets ignored.
>>
File: F8I31MvWUAAk04p.jpg (263 KB, 1066x1600)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>269130479
Shino is fun to read from a pure character standpoint. He’s so quiet and stand-offish but oddly closer to a “Naruto” than a “Sasuke” with some of his oddly petty priorities.
>>
>>269130527
I’m still mad that he didn’t get jack in the Sasuke Retrieval arc.
>>
>>269127647
>I blame "trolls" for not taking this poorly written and pretentious story seriously, which is the reason why most of the discussion here boils down to shitposts
You sound like a pathetic retard.
>>
>>269130586
I’d like to think that Kishi realized that having a dude who can control insects that absorb chakra without even needing to actually touch the enemy is kind of low-key broken, hence why Shino’s not around much.
>>
>>269130586
>I’m still mad that he didn’t get jack in the Sasuke Retrieval arc.
Everyone is. Even Sino was seething over not being able to go to that mission.
>>
>>269128068
Neji
>>
>>269130652
>The fights where Nine Tails chakra is actually useful is in ones where it’s used intentionally and with restraint. Against Neji, Gaara, fake Itachi, Kakuzu and every fight with KCM.
>>
>>269130619
Lee was on that mission. Even the Sand Sibling got invited.
>>
>>269130640
It was broken against gennin. His team wouldn't have done much against people like Zabuza. Besides, there are things people can do against the human hive; using weapons, poison, decoys to stale for time... That's why Kankuro vs Shino is one of my favourite fights in the series.
>>
>>269130586
Bug no Jutsu is too broken so he had to be written out of the series whenever possible. Remember that Bug no Jutsu was one of the few things to ever harm Obito. If Madara had Bug no Jutsu, he'd have been truly unbeatable.
>>
>>269130866
>Remember that Bug no Jutsu was one of the few things to ever harm Obito.
Also. Bug no jutsu poisoned Shisui, one of the strongest Uchiha of his time, which lead to his death. The Aburame are the strongest in the village. Hygas and Uchihas can suck it
>>
File: Yamato_newshot.png (911 KB, 1200x897)
911 KB
911 KB PNG
>>269129753
I wish Root was never added to the series. The whole group feels really forced and stupid, they were never mentioned in the first part and the series is constantly pinning every awful thing that Konoha did on them so that Naruto wanting to be accepted by the village wouldn't feel too weird. Kishi should've just had Hiruzen be an asshole and made the Anbu as a whole do shady shit for him.
Also, both Yamato and Sai are incredibly shitty characters, and their roles in Shippuden could have easily been given to other characters that already existed in part 1.
>>
>>269127012
>Shikamaru's team captain being a w*man.
He will retire early.
>>
One of the reasons Bug no Jutsu is so good is that it's the type of power magic ninjas would believably use. It's pretty consistent that the powers actually useful for ninja shit are the best ones in the series.
>>
>only person from Konoha 11 to actually become a jounin in Shippuden
>accomplishes absolutely nothing other than getting impaled by a wooden stick
I'm still salty about how they didn't do anything with Neji, even though part 1 was hyping him up to be a prodigy on par with Sasuke. What was even the point of making him a jounin?
>>
>>269131054
>turn your body into a colony of magical bugs who obey your command
>ninja shit
>>
>>269131180
>What was even the point of making him a jounin?
To show us what a plot-armorless Sasuke would fare in the series.
>>
>>269131180
>prodigy turns out to be overrated and does nothing with his life
grim but many such cases. if anything it was realistic
>>
>>269131190
>espionage
>sabotage
>assassination
Yes. Ninja shit.
>>
>>269131180
Is being a prodigy of the jobber eye and jobber taijutsu style really something to brag about?
>>
>>269110941
>glossing over the fact /a/ hated Naruto because it was 80% filler
There's a reason nobody ever recommends someone watch every episode and every filler skip list online features entire seasons.
>>
I knew the day kids who had nostalgia for Naruto would eventually show up.
Your show was retarded dogshit.
>>
>>269131659
i say the same to dbz fags
>>
>>269131622
Even youtubers who watch and talk about naruto for a living don't watch the filler. I'm glad the industry is moving towards just having more breaks instead of continuous airing
>>
>>269131659
/thread
>>
>>269128068
>Loses HARD
That's a lie.
>>
>>269130264
Those higher up, including people from other villages like the Raikage, know he was shady, but even they don't know the full extent of the shit he pulled. Lower down, no. The old fart advisors never got into trouble for what they did, so there's no reason to believe his schemes were made public. Remember, Naruto promised to keep the truth about the killing of the Uchiha clan under wraps.
>>
>>269128667
SEXOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>269131875
>not only lost the fight but his best friend to the clutches of a sociopath and his desire for power even in spite of everything he and the others did
I dunno about you anon but that’s the definition of losing hard.
>>
>>269131598
Sakura, stop posting.
>>
File: F1hQyJKWcAMUmm3.jpg (466 KB, 1242x1841)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
>>269119019
One thing I really like about the Kabuto vs Uchiha fight is how it really hammers home that he’s one of the worst possible outcomes for Naruto, particularly this line here. Sasuke and Naruto’s fight in part 1 revolves around Sasuke asking Naruto how he could understand Sasuke’s pain if being born without anything means he never had to lose anything. But on the flipside, Kabuto asks how can the Uchihas posture about the worth of a clan
or lack there of to people who never had the privilege to ever experience being apart of one.
>>
>>269130421
>Supports Naruto
>Supports Kiba
Hinata truly has the best taste in guys.
>>
>>269131659
This
>>
>>269132324
>he’s still going
>>
>>269119019
>especially Pain and Tobi
Both of those character are clearly meant to be foils to Naruto.
>>
File: this kills the narutard.jpg (192 KB, 1084x701)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>269132387
>samefagging
Retard lol
>>
>>269132375
Sasuke pretty much tries to do the same thing Pain was trying to go for in the final battle when it came to trying to achieve peace. Tobi/Obito is waging the war to unleash the Infinite Tsukuyomi so that no one could ever suffer over petty ninja war bullshit ever again, which Sasuke tries to do in his own way as well.
>>
>>269113291
Cringe
>>
File: 1604011107304.jpg (1010 KB, 2037x3056)
1010 KB
1010 KB JPG
>>269130083
One thing I actually would change about five kage summit is that I’d have much more of the cast be expressly pro-Danzo.
It might end up staining their character, but i think risk-averse characters like Shikamaru and Sakura going "yeah actually Tsunade's tenure was fucking crazy, I’m ok with losing a few freedoms to gain stability" would better help paint how distant Naruto is from everyone after all of the life changing stuff in the pain arc.
Tbqh, you could argue that this dynamic is still there, but it's a bit less direct. Like Sakura tries to deceive Naruto in order to protect him (like a ninja) and it just bounces off. Everyone keeps trying to get Naruto to act like a fucking ninja in this arc and he never does, which is contrasted by Danzo doing all this scheming to preserve the way of ninja (in his mind), but I think I would have liked that connection to be slightly more concrete, with everyone just going "hey Naruto, things would be easier if we just went along with this Danzo guy. Stop trying to not be Danzo."
>>
>>269132671
you're missing one vital element of importance
naruto clapping hinata's cheeks
>>
File: sui-saide.jpg (769 KB, 1170x1715)
769 KB
769 KB JPG
>>269131000
I honestly liked Sai. He’s a lot like Lee in that he's so fine tuned to fit into an arc that when the arc is over, there isn't much to do with him. He was purposely made to be an unlikable replacement and Sasuke was too popular for any development to change that. But Sai got a much better hand than Lee because he is our introduction to Danzo and can almost be seen as an extension of Danzo's characterization. His fake emotions, his back stabbing, the way he just isn't fun to be around, the way he's named after a literal weapon, that’s all Danzo. Danzo gets to feel so much more important despite existing for one arc because Sai is there to fill in blanks by merely existing. Sai is probably Naruto's best example of a "utility" character that's just there to serve one purpose in one arc because he manages to do it twice, with not much writing past his introduction. Cool dude, but he got less interesting the more Kishimoto tried to make us genuinely like him.
>>
>>269132671
I would have liked to see Sai's point of view get more fleshed out given he was once od Danzo's direct underlings.
>>
>>269131659
Based
>>
>>269132812
I think it’s really funny that the character that Naruto and Sakura dislike for being a poor replacement for Sasuke was also hated by fans… for being a poor replacement for Sasuke. I think he deserves to be remembered better, but its still amusing.
>>
>>269132671
>I had really hoped Jiraiya would follow next…
Hypothetically, would he have made a good Hokage, /a/?
>>
Danzo should've been executed or at least arrested for treason after giving the order to Itachi to kill the Uchiha clan behind his back, but all he did was disband ROOT which didn't do anything anyway since Danzo just started it right back up.
>>
>>269133104
He would have been Hiruzen 2.0 in the sense he would bend over backwards to prevent wars but at least he would have done better with the paper work than Tsunade did.
>>
>>269133166
>at least he would have done better with the paper work than Tsunade did
Nothing about his character supports that
>>
>>269133207
He is a writer that didn't gamble and drink off his generational wealth for years. He did so with his student's generational and earned welath
>Inb4. He wrote smut and porn.
He had to know more about business and finances than Tsunade, at least, and wouldn't get tired from reading like she did.
>>
>>269130042
Hiruzen let Danzo get away with so much shit because he was his childhood friend. The anime even had Danzo attempt to assassinate him and Hiruzen just gave him a slap on the wrist for that too.

Even if you wash away what could've been Hiruzen deeds onto Danzo, it still makes Hiruzen look like a huge enabler. So Danzo and Hiruzen did EVERYTHING wrong.
>>
>>269133305
Hiruzen was already considering the Uchiha Massacre. And using filler is stupid.
>>
>>269133296
>wouldn't get tired from reading like she did
That's not how that works
>>
>>269133447
I would argue Jiraiya ad better mental endurance than Tsunade. Not by a lot given both fled the village after failing miserably and losing a loved one, but at least Jiraiya kept doing odd jobs for Konoha. He was more in the know about the village's affairs.
>>
File: 6453.png (1.11 MB, 1310x1042)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
part 1 had so many hypemen that were just there to make the characters look cool as hell and it worked
>>
>>269133521
Jiraiya just stalked Orochimaru and wrote porn. If Orochimaru wasn't an influential nemesis to the village, Jiraiya wouldn't have been any more in the know than Tsunade.
>>
reading any fanfics lately?
>>
>>269133609
But he was. That's what I am talking baout. I get you point but do you honestly believe Tsunade was a better hokage than what Jiraiya could have been?
>>
>>269133646
>Tsunade was a better hokage than what Jiraiya could have been
By his own admission, yes.
>>
I hate SHARTkamaru so much.
>>
>>269133664
He was just being humbe. At the beginning, Tsunade didn't think she was fit for the job, either.
>>
Jiraiya would've jobbed to the economy.
>>
>>269133675
What did the poor dog do to you?
>>
>>269133695
Being humble is the favorite word for characterfags to invalidate the opinion of the characters they like whenever it's convenient.
>>
>>269133716
Be annoying as shit in Clash of Ninja 2
>>
>>269133716
I'm talking about the other maru.
>>
>>269133695
Tsunade just didn't want the job, I don't remember her commenting on her ability to do it. The only time she ever says anything is right before Jiraiya dies and she said Hiruzen always wanted him to be Hokage, to which he again admits, he would have been horrible at the job.
>>
>>269133741
Yes, and that's what I am doing. Changing the topic, Jiraiya had actual self esteem issues. Had he not died against Pain, I think he could have replaced Tsunade as the new Hokage instead of Danzo.
>>
>>269133611
I've finished reading Rippling Future not so long ago.

Took TOO many chapters to get things going.
>>
>>269133762
Circlejobbermaru?
>>
>>269133901
>500,000 words
>41 chapters
no shit
12k words a chapter on average?
>>
>>269133855
If he didn't die against Pain, Tsunade wouldn't have been supporting the village by herself. Naruto wouldn't have been motivated to learn sage mode. It would have been a different story all together. Retarded statement to make.
>>
>>269132637
>still clinging on to the /int/ falseflagging
Kek, you're pathetic as fuck.
>>
>>269110209
early shippudden is deidara to kakuzu, thats easily better than most of the war
>>
>>269107435
The thing with Talk no Jutsu is that it only generally works with people that are either already doubting themselves or have some sort of emotional connection to him or other reasons to not fight him. Even when he's friends with the other Kage at the end, he only ever gets that opportunity due to him fighting alongside them and being the defacto savior of the world. Which he became due to fighting 2 dudes and 1 dudette that he couldn't talk no jutsu.
>>
File: Iraugh.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>269132812
>>
>>269132812
>But Sai got a much better hand than Lee
Lee at least got a memorable fight against Gaara and still had a moment against Kimimaro. Sai became pretty much 100% irrelevant and useless after his debut arc, and he doesn't have anything memorable about him other than being a great value Sasuke.
Also Danzo is a shitty character and a plot device as well.
>>
>>269134154
It was pretty lame when you stack it against other jutsu.
>>
>>269133947
Having a lot of words in a chapter isn't really a problem to me when the content is interesting, but the fanfic spent so much time strengthening and developing everyone and retelling arcs that it became a slog. The fic takes place around the end of Konoha Crush and didn't get to adapting the Rescue Gaara arc until chapter 35.

The worst chapters the fic ever did was the Sasuke Retrieval adaption. The fights felt like they were barely any different from the canon ones despite extra characters being added to the them until the very end where Lee, Gaara, Sasuke, and Naruto (thought to be dead because of events earlier in the story) ganged up on Kimimaro.
>>
>>269133935
Yes.
>>
>>269134072
>>269134154
>he doesn't have anything memorable about him
He called Sakura ugly, Naruto a small dick moron, Choji fat and got to be with Ino after calling her beautiful.
>>
>>269134180
>The fights felt like they were barely any different from the canon ones despite extra characters being added to the them until the very end where Lee, Gaara, Sasuke, and Naruto (thought to be dead because of events earlier in the story) ganged up on Kimimaro.
I have never read action books. How are figt depicted in it?
>>
>>269134180
>. The fic takes place around the end of Konoha Crush and didn't get to adapting the Rescue Gaara arc until chapter 35.
What the fuck?
That's near the goddamn end. It's the size of five fucking novels.
>>
>>269134045
Talk no jutsu only worked in part 1.
Zabuza was already nearly dead when Naruto used it on him, and all he did was accept that he did actually care for his apprentice who just killed himself to protect him (although Zabuza going "ACTUALLY KID YOU WERE RIGHT WE NINJAS AREN'T TOOLS" was still really cheesy).
Gaara didn't automatically change into a good guy when he got tnj'd by Naruto. He simply realized that he should try loving people just like Naruto did. Not to mention that he was a kid, so him changing felt more acceptable.
Compare that to shit like war criminals/cult leaders (Nagato & Obito) that have been scheming genocidal plans for decades change their worldviews and allegiance completely just because a teenager gave them a speech about how "violence is le bad and friendship is le good". I genuinely don't understand how anyone can defend this garbage in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>269134072
To me, Sai's most memorable moment was during the war when he went to fight the Juubi after saying "I'M PART OF TEAM 7 TOO!" when Sasuke showed up and then got blasted out of the sky in the next scene and needing Naruto to catch him.
>>
>>269134259
From how the scenes were written, they seemed too much like the fights in the original manga.
>>
>>269134111
>trying this hard
You're clearly malding, lmao.
>>
>>269134286
I think you’re forgetting that Obito actually resisted his Talk no Jutsu multiple times and even choked the shit out of Naruto over it at one point.
>>
that doesn't sound interesting at all though, why would you love that
>>
>>269134325
But was the prose any good? Was it just a flat explanation of where the characters were and what were they doing? Did you feel excitement and tension when reading about Neji barely parrying spiderman's attacks? Was teh Drunken fist portrayed in a comedic way?
>>
>>269134262
the more i learn about fanfic the more i can buy shillfic wasn't shilled by the author
>>
>>269134377
>>269134395
>ESLtard
>calls others brown
KEK
>>
>>269134380
I will be brutally honest and say no, I got bored, but I powered through it.
>>
>>269134357
The end result was the same
>>
>>269134413
That's a shame. Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>269107641
Man. Anime directors really need to fuck off sometimes. There hasn't been a single anime where a director changing the source material made it better.
>>
>>269134286
Obito specifically focused on Naruto because he reminded the former of his younger, idealistic self before the world fucked that over and wanted to personally break Naruto in order to validate his own choices in life and go "see, I had no other choice but to turn out like this, HAH!" But Naruto refusing to break down even after everything Obito had done to shake him to his core weakened his resolve more and more. I mean come on anon, this is literally spelled out to you.
>>
>>269134567
>But Naruto refusing to break down even after everything Obito had done to shake him to his core weakened his resolve more and more. I mean come on anon, this is literally spelled out to you.
None of that justifies how retarded it is that he changed teams completely and dropped his decades-long plan just because a guy "refused to break". It makes him seem like a gullible moron with an extremely fragile ideology, which really doesn't make sense considering the lengths he went to for the Infinite Tsukuyomi plan.
>>
>>269134567
Obito also projected onto Sasuke since Sasuke validated his fall from grace. I also liked how Obito used to always disregard Naruto as a mere nuisance who only existed to fight Sasuke and continue the Senju-Uchiha feud, but when the mask came off and his real name was revealed, he basically forgot about Sasuke and anyone else and became obsessed with knocking Naruto down, because he wasn't “Madara” or “Nobody” anymore and had to face a blond version of his old self.
>>
What if Hinata had thrown a vanishing rasengan at pain?
>>
>>269134814
wut
>>
>>269134743
>It makes him seem like a gullible moron with an extremely fragile ideology
He was a gullible moron with a fragil ideology. He just never let people get close to him.
>>
>>269134764
>he basically forgot about Sasuke
Because Sasuke had almost nothing to do with him or his goals at that point.
This really isn't as impressive or well written as you want it to be you dumb faggot, lmao.
>>
>>269134743
Obito was just trying to escape reality because he couldn't get over Rin's death. He hid behind multiple identities to deny his real one because that Obito still existed deep down and just felt hurt and betrayed by the world and was lashing out. Obito just wished none of that bad shit ever happened so he could grow up to be a great konoha shinobi with his peers and become Hokage. Naruto resisting him showed that he just overreacted and fucked up by turning to the dark side.
>>
>>269134836
The small rasengan that becomes invisible.
>>
>>269134887
that's just stupid
>>
>>269134840
>He was a gullible moron with a fragil ideology.
If that was true then he would've fucked up Madara's plan much sooner. He should've also been talked out of it by Konan's speech about why her friends created the Akatsuki if he was as retarded as the scene with Naruto tnj-ing makes him out to be.
>>
>>269134879
You're still not justifying the stupidity of how sudden his change was. Not to mention that Kakashi was clearly still willing to forgive him when they fought, so Naruto "resisting" him isn't even that unique.
>>
>>269134847
>Narrative illiteracy in action.
Lol.
>>
>>269134930
>If that was true then he would've fucked up Madara's plan much sooner.
Like I have said. he had closed his heart. He didn't let anyone reach him and tried to be an emotionless tool for his percieved greater good. Also
>He should've also been talked out of it by Konan's speech
>Women in Naruot doing anything, ever.
>>
>>269134930
I think the curse seal Madara placed on his heart kept him from actually straying from the path. And Zetsu was always watching too.
>>
>>269134990
>You're still not justifying the stupidity of how sudden his change was.
Agreed.
>Kakashi was clearly still willing to forgive him when they fought, so Naruto "resisting" him isn't even that unique.
As if Obito would have listened to that chest stabbing basterd.
>>
>>269135104
Kishimoto-dono...
>>
>>269128068
>Haku
He won and Haku gave up
>Oro
He was never in his ballpark.
>Kimimaro
Actually true, bullshit
>Sauce
It'd be more convincing if he started putting up a fight before fox shit
>Deidara
Deidara ran
>Oro 2
He ran
>Sasuke 2
Not a fight
>Pain
Kyubi was winning
>>
>>269135205
>All Obito can think when Kakashi speaks is him PENETRATING Rin
>>
>>269135232
Those are all still fights Naruto didn’t officially win, anon.
>>
>>269106879
Now anon if the 12 year old in question can snap your neck without trying then theres no reason to not employ them in military combat now
>>
>>269135232
>Kyubi was winning
>>Actually almost works at the expense of Naruto trying to kill himself.
>>
>>269135282
>theres no reason to not employ them in military combat
What about their trauma?
>>
only uchiha that joins akatsuki would dare to say the n word!
>>
>>269135388
Naruto was fresh when he quit Kyubi mode, so it's not like the Oro fight actually.
>>
>>269135475
Kishimoto forgot about that side effect.
>>
>>269127768
But we never get to see Naruto hit a wall in training and rely on Kyuubi to make up for it.
And after Naruto miraculously catches up and some more in a single week he never shows any reaction. If anything Sasuke gets butthurt.
>>
>>269106879
i think gaara's trauma and how he dealt with it was pretty realistic.
except i think it was unrealistic for how quickly his trauma seemed to disappear after naruto knocked sense into him.
>>
File: 1603924622341.jpg (3.56 MB, 4070x3050)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB JPG
>>269135475
Anon, I’m talking about letting his entire body/personality get entirely overtaken by the Kyubi to become a mindless beast.
>>
>>269135628
Naruto would've TANKED it.
>>
>>269135564
Anon, did you forget about how almost everytime Naruto gets pissy over something in the beginning of Part 2, he goes into Kyubi rage mode and how that never works out in his favor?
>>
>>269135589
His trauma didn't disappear instantly. He was still socially awkward in shippuden and could never settle down. He stopped having socipathic tendencies but I also thinks that's also a result of people not trying to kill him anymore, eitheir because they gave up after the Kazekage died or because Temari and Kankuro helped spread the word that Gaara wasn't a monster anymore.
>>
File: 1706753813515.jpg (209 KB, 640x816)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>
>>269110760
>I don't think it would have been anywhere near as big if it came even 5 years sooner or later.
Not even 5. Nabari no Ou came 3 years later and never got a fraction of the popularity.
>>
>>269106879
The Zabuza arc was kino. It went downhill after that. The mix of child soldier grit and teenage melodrama was satisfying. Then power level faggotry happened.
>>
File: 1603924300335.jpg (1.17 MB, 2037x3056)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>269135628
Also, the anime actually did this scene really well. You can feel that Naruto is deep within the pits of despair.
https://youtu.be/EGjdBoe7bn4?si=ZWy4vw5jvAXoh-mP
>>
All of naruto was shit.
>>
>>269135697
>He stopped having socipathic tendencies
he had the urge to kill whenever he felt a strong emotion that made him uncomfortable.
i can get him not killing innocents anymore since he resolved to be a better person but i find it hard to believe someone who had bloodlust for years and always acted on it by killing people never at least had the urge again and had to restrain himself to not do it again.

and his "excitement" over blood is never brought up again after the konoha crush arc.
blood used to make him crazy and then he was just completely fine with seeing blood after naruto beat him?
>>
>>269135738
>Then it did what every shonen in the history of shonen manga did
If you don't like that then fine, fair enough, but people always seem to give Naruto way more shit for this than any other series that does the same thing.
>>
>>269135801
I mean, Tsunade also got over her blood trauma after being smacked around a bit. Sometimes you just need correction.
>>
>>269135628
Man that Kyubi design is so fucking sick.
>>
>>269135829
that's true she got over her blood trauma quickly.
i find that unrealistic too.

but i mean, i still love naruto (series)
>>
>>269106879
It's crazy to think every female in that image ended up in Raikage's harem
>>
File: @uhmgrce.jpg (25 KB, 323x324)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>269135861
why do you keep posting this shit?
>>
>>269135801
>he had the urge to kill whenever he felt a strong emotion that made him uncomfortable.
He realized he didn't actually wanted to kill. He was led to believe that by his father and uncle. All of that excitement were actually his true feelings trying to prevent him from killing. He didn't know how to register his emotions so he rationalized he was a hellspawn meant to kill and maim, making his emotions more intense as he progressed into teh darkness. Naruot helped him see the light and break the downwards spiral of hatred he was placed into.
>>
>>269135762
you can stock up on healing items and spam them when you need healed.
and iirc you have shikamaru with you when you fight him the first time and you definitely have neji with you for the second fight.
your ally ninja are very helpful as they can't permanently die and you can restore their stamina with items too
>>
>>269135802
Dragon Ball Z (which to my knowledge "invented" power level faggotry) at least did it in a way you could ignore it if you squinted. Z Fighters were always roughly in the same power brackets story wise (Krillin, Tien, etc. could get lucky, Piccolo could beat a weaker villain, Gohan/the kids were wildcards, Vegeta was second-best, etc.) and villains didn't re-appear. There was narrative consistency, the worldbuilding never felt violated by asspulls.
>>
>>269135952
>All of that excitement were actually his true feelings trying to prevent him from killing.
what makes you think that?
He didn't know how to register his emotions so he rationalized he was a hellspawn meant to kill and maim, making his emotions more intense as he progressed into teh darkness.
yeah, i can see that.
he also says killing is his purpose and is the only thing that makes him feel alive.
>>
>>269135802
>people always seem to give Naruto way more shit for this than any other series that does the same thing.
That's because Naruto is an actual good story despite its flaws.
>>
>>269135909
>>269135885
He preaches the truth.
>>
>>269136058
>what makes you think that?
>he also says killing is his purpose and is the only thing that makes him feel alive.
Him saying that and then showing his flashbacks were every interaction with people revolved around him harming them or watching run away the people his sand couldn't catch, having his father supressing and neglecting him and his uncle finally revealing that he had always hated him and telling him he should die and such.
>>
>>269106951
3rd Hokage didn't want Minato to comeback cause he wouldn't even need to be mind controlled to wanna murder him
>>
>>269136045
Naruto has pre-established ranks that Kishimoto poorly tries to keep consistent and relevant.
It's kinda of like how DBS keeps trying to make Beerus the power celling despite how little sense that makes.
>>
>>269136146
retard
>>
>>269136045
yeah more than a structural difference toriyama just had the skill and a certain sense of how to present things that made them engaging and palatable
>>
File: 1603579727974.jpg (1.76 MB, 2037x3056)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>269134764
I love how Obito basically used an evil version of talk no jutsu to convince Sasuke, cementing himself firmly as Naruto’s foil. This dude, posing as Madara, confessed to slaughtering the Uchihas and stealing his brother’s eyes and twisted his words in such a way that a traumatized Sasuke will believe him. i mean you can’t make Sasuke do anything he doesn’t want to do but he’s not good at the subtle manipulation so Obito just plucks him out of the battle and didn’t give any chance to recover before revealing his crimes. And before Sasuke could even register the shock of hearing that, he is slammed with the news of how the elders made Itachi commit genocide. And then Obito uses the love he knows Sasuke possesses for Itachi to twist his logic until the phrase ‘Itachi chose to slaughter his clan’ turns to ‘Itachi chose the village who allowed him to die’.
>>
>>269136168
Not at all, Kakashi having a different powerlevel in every arc despite no hints of meaningful training being done by him proves my point.
>>
>>269136251
>Obito basically used an evil version of talk no jutsu
Shit, I never thought of it like that.
>>
>>269136265
this isn't dragon ball super, you fucking retard
>>
>>269123310
>she is a very realistic depiction and a flawed character, and I appreciate it.
i'm still taken aback that we're having a rational naruto conversation on /a/ in the year 2024. i enjoyed her for this reason as well.
>>
>>269136284
The person i was replying to brought it up.
>>
>>269136127
i think i get what you're saying.
it's blood making him remember people running away and getting hurt shown by his "excitement" over blood.
which are painful memories for him.
it's painful memories resurfacing.
so you could say he's remembering not wanting to kill people too.
>>
>>269136045
>>269136224
HAHAHAHAHAHA
OH MY GOD
HOLY SHIT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>powerscaling autism
you retards have never been in a fight, and you have no idea what actual power is
>>
>>269130083
literally Danzo was created to offload all the terrible shit the Hidden Leaf Village did onto one guy, he's dead well awesome, the village isn't evil anymore, unless you wonder who put this freak in leadership in the first place and allowed him to stay in for decades
>>
>>269136127
but i also don't buy how easy it was for him to just completely get over his killing urges since that was how he coped with his problems for a long time.
then again he could've just dealt with it off screen. a lot happens with him off screen
>>
>>269136284
Kishimoto literally made tokubetsu jonin a thing just to hype full blown jonin for needing a "required strength" to even reach such rank.
Naruto doesn't escape that kind of powerlevel faggotry.
>>
>>269136265
Kakashi was shown training during his time off in part one and him being able to spam kamuis after dying, talking and healing his relationship with his dad and comic back without the mental and emotional baggage made sense. People like to complain about him getting a buff in the war arc because said buff wasn't spelt out loud.
>>
>>269136146
>Beerus the power celling
He hasn't been the power ceiling since the Zamasu arc
>>
>>269136299
>DB has no stakes because of the absurd power levels
What's the correlation?
>>
>>269136379
Power is who makes the biggest BOOM.
>>
>>269136389
Kotetsu and Izumo being allowed to hunt Akatsuki shits over your worthless notion, retard
>>
>>269136427
Nta, but they shouldn't have been allowed to.
>>
>>269136404
Keyword on "meaningful", him climbing cliffs and mountains doesn't really justify his jumps in power.
>>
>>269136299
character deaths are trivial too
>>
>Gaara is a genin in part 1
>repeatedly called the strongest in suna
>is a kage in part 2
this baffles the powerscaling retard
>>269136414
>this is what powercalers unironically believe
>>269136443
cope
>>
>>269136427
???
They barely did shit in their first encounter and they were mostly aids for Asuma.
>>
I liked Yamato, its a shame he was also shafted with Sai after their arc and then used as a device in the war. Briefly interesting dynamic with kakashi with good potential, yet never used again after being naruto's Kurama wrangler for like 20 minutes
>first hokages powers
>never elaborated on outside of noncanon filler
>>
>>269136475
who got smoked by hidan
>>
>>269136406
Pretty sure the story still acts like Goku and Vegeta can't take him.
>>
>>269136493
>>first hokages powers
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OH GOD
NO HASHIRAMA CELLS HERE
NO GIANT FUCKING BUDDHA STATUE
NO RETARDED ASS RANDOM ASS SAGE MODE
HAHAHAHA
God i fucking hate the war arc and its DBZ ass fucking nonsense
>>
>>269136496
And what exactly is your point here? Are you implying that they would've done better than Asuma?
>>
>>269136493
Yamato made reoccurring appearances until Kabito captured him and stuck him to the wall with that Hashirama clone to power the Zetsus.
>>
>>269136471
Gaara didn't enter any chunin exams until his debut, so his rank makes sense.
>>
>>269110891
Akatsuki is straight up one of the best villain groups cause they're all so individually entertaining. I wish we had something with them as a group instead of them in duos
>>
>>269136534
Honestly?
Yeah.
>equipment to restrain Hidan over harming him
>work in pairs and in tandem
>water style to eliminate his pentagram
>water style to halt his movements

In contrast, Asuma had two knives and mediocre ninjutsu.
>>
>>269136336
He also confined to his uncle that he ahd heartaches everytime people showed fear towards him. After years of being treated like a monster and feeling a plethora of mental and physical emotions everytime he harmed people (and not being able to sleep) anyone would break. I really like his character and the little hints Kishi gave to show he had always been just a scared and scarred little kid (like how at the end of the Naruot fight, Temari and Kankuro accepted his apologies with a smile) but people tend to focus on him not killing anymore and chak it up to TnJ nonsense.
>>
>>269136459
It's a good thing that most character can't actually breath in space vacuum and can pin point their Ki attacks so they don't just blow up the planet unlike how the fanboys in any deathbattle comment section would like you to think.
>>
>>269136552
correct, but he was kind of drifting the background as a babysitter rather than doing anything interesting with his character, before being forever sentenced to being orochimaru's keeper post 700. dude got the shitty end of the stick every time.
>>
>>269136583
Izumo and Kotetsu where Shikamaru's hypemen, they would've jobbed for his sake anyway.
>>
>>269136387
>then again he could've just dealt with it off screen. a lot happens with him off screen
I would have liked it if they had showed us a short flashback on how he gradually became less of a spycho during his rescue arc.
>>
>>269136647
>Shikamaru after multiple pages of putting his neurons on overdrive: "I think... that circle has something to do with Hidan's power!"
>Izumo and Kotetsu: "HE'S A GENIUS!"
>>
>>269136453
If you are talking about how different his perfomance against Zabuza and Hiddan were, I have always assumed Zabuza's chakra imbued mist was just that much of a nerf ot his fighting style. He could probably see better with is normal eye.
>>
>>269136700
People always forget Kakashi bodied the fuck out of Zabuza when he had no one to worry about, no environmental conditions Zabuza could use in setup, and got a giant slash he purposely caught just to get his blood on him. They weren't equals in the slightest. Kakashi had an entire team to carry while Zabuza's help was kage tier apparently.
>>
>>269136655
yeah, would've been cool

>>269136610
i started to think kankuro and temari developed protective feeling towards him after seeing him hurt and that helped fix their relationship too.
and with them, they could've helped him restrain his urges. or just having even 1 person (naruto) accept him really was enough for him to keep his urges in check. iruka saved naruto too afterall.
>>
>>269136459
People like to shit o DBZ fights because end up as beam struggles but in reallity their fights consist on games of cat and mouse where sensing ki and leading people on is the most important factor. In the Namek saga, Krillin and the others used their ki sensing abilities to their advantages while the Frieza soldiers were left without scouters. In the android saga, the turns tabled as the Z fighters were the ones not being able to sense their opponents and running away everytime they could.
>>
>>269136739
Meanwhile, Kisame, who was also in the same group as Zabuza, was considered to be equal to a Bijuu.
>>
>>269110209
War arc is not only the worst Naruto arc, but the worst arc in the entire big 3.
>>
>>269136739
Meanwhile in reality
>With absolutely no help at all Zabuza was able to trap KEKashi in a water prison and he needed to be bailed by his students
>>
>>269134286
>although Zabuza going "ACTUALLY KID YOU WERE RIGHT WE NINJAS AREN'T TOOLS" was still really cheesy
i mean this is a guy on his deathbed and this is right after admitting to everyone that he did love Haku. Zabuza admitting his love for Haku destroys his notion of ninjas being tools because he never saw Haku as a tool
>>
>>269136784
cope
>>269136776
because he could steal chakra
>>
>>269136610
>really like his character and the little hints Kishi gave to show he had always been just a scared and scarred little kid
gaara was terrified of dying.
he spent his childhood alone with that fear.
he freaks out when naruto is crawling over to him too because he thinks naruto will kill him. his greatest fear.
that makes his sacrifice in the kazekage rescue arc more powerful too.
he risked his biggest fear happening to him to save his people.
>>
>>269136806
Yoroi could also do that, Jirobo too.
>>
>>269136861
not to the extent kisame could through his bullshit sword
>>
>>269136861
And that one guy Sasuke fought in the preliminaries.
>>
>>269136930
wasn't that yoroi?
>>
File: kabuto.jpg (40 KB, 871x483)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>269111193
I actually liked Kabuto’s backstory. He’s a character who at first wants to do nothing but help others and even spends his time learning healing jutsu to save others. Upon hearing that the woman who cares for all of the orphans may have to sacrifice herself he does the only thing he can think of and sacrifices himself first. Slowly over time he loses himself to the darkness and his talents warp his healing abilities into a suprememly efficient weapon for murder. Then he's pitted against his own mother and the powers of healing that she taught him are used to end her life. Kabuto is left helpless and adrift in the realization that all his sacrifices have been pointless and that all his attempts at helping have just made the world an even worse place.
>>
>>269136942
I agree. It's like a sheer concentrated blast of why the shinobi system is so fucked up.
>>
>>269136930
That's Yoroi.
>>269136941
Yes.
>>
>>269135628
He didn't choose it

>>269135657
That has more to do with the seal going off and him being emotional
>>
>>269136942
>such a scattered mess he has no idea what to do with himself anymore
Kabuto is severely underrated
>>
>>269136349
Kishimoto was never on Toriyama's level despite being good
>>
>>269136985
He came very damn close towards doing so multiple times, which is the point. Yamato even pinpoints that Naruto lets it happen because he enjoys the rush of power it gives him, which he couldn’t deny.
>>
>>269136552
I find it hilarious how it was never a priority to rescue him, not because he had the DNA so powerful it destroy the powersystem but because he was a comrade in arms. Those who abandond their people are worst than trash and all that.
>>269136525
To be fair to both characters, Hashirama was a chakra juggernaut and Yamato was a nomral ninja with an abnormal kekkegenkai. Wood realise is special because of how unique and rare it is but Hashirama would have been the strongst regardless of his chakra nature/kekegenkai. Wood realise can help him regenerate health and chakra so he was the tankiest character in the series but imagine how high he could have elevated other elements:
>Ice realise
Ice giants from North mythology and the ability to "freeze" time
>Lava realise
A giant walking vulcan that can create and expand island and cost lines, also very hot
>Storm realise
Sasuke's Kirin would be just one head of the giant eelectric hydra Hashirama would use to soar the skyes. His stoms would be chaotic but they could also bring in new life and teh winds of change
>Boil realise
He could have created the greatest tea and thermal waters the world has ever seen. In another life, he could haver helped people relax so much they would have accpeted his peace offering and the would not be so tense
>Dust realise
Remember the Tsuchikage? Hashirama could have done what he did but to a whole country.
>Magnet realise
He could have fucked the planet's gravity and would pilot a giant mecha magnet straigth out of TTGL.
>>
>>269137066
Oh my fucking god, get off his dick.
>>
>>269136806
>because he could steal chakra
Also because he was a fucking beast that had the greatest chakra pool of his time except for the jinchuriki of the two biggest tailed beasts and was able to keep fighting despite having his chest ripped open. He was relentless even without Samehada.
>>269136827
>gaara was terrified of dying.
That's a nice interpretation. Reminds of Shamo's Ryu Narushima.
>>
>>269136942
I would have liked his backstory, too, if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't care about Kabuto at that point. It's similar to what happened to Neji in the war arc.
>>
File: lost myself again.jpg (106 KB, 1148x566)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>269136998
I find it really really interesting how Kabuto's journey to find himself, and discover who he truly is, consists mostly of him injecting himself with other people.
because it's reflective of Kabuto's very perception of identity. From the start, everything that defined him in his mind was something given to him by someone else. He never really thought he had anything about himself that could distinguish himself from others, except in what others gave him. He never had a sense of identity, so he latched onto the traits that other people ascribed to him, their perceptions of him. So once he snaps and realizes that's not good enough, he doesn't go for the self acceptance. define my own identity route. He can't. Because he's basically incapable of it; it's antithetical to how he's lived his life for years. So he instead tries something that looks different on the face of it, but in truth is just a bastardization of how he'd been living up until that point, taking the uniqueness of others and adding them into himself. He basically tries to Frankenstein's monster himself into being a unique person, because, "look, these people have identities, if I can take pieces of them and incorporate them into myself, I'll have something too! Glasses can be broken, mothers can die, my name can be forgotten. But as long as I can incorporate all of this into myself, as long as I continue to exist I can confirm my own existence."
Dude’s had like 3 or 4 identity crises before he even hit his adult years, it’s no wonder he’s so fucked up.
>>
>>269136998
>such a scattered mess he has no idea what to do with himself anymore
Wow. he is literally me!
>>
>>269137143
>That's a nice interpretation. Reminds of Shamo's Ryu Narushima.
he says he was afraid of dying
>>
>>269137140
Getting jealous, Madara?
>>
>>269137170
I honestly felt the same way you initially did when reading the chapters weekly but when I reread the manga, I actually found myself appreciating his character more.
>>
>>269137191
Nice job catching that subtle hint. I should read the manga again.
>>
>>269137234
madara is full of bullshit too
neither are really good or interesting and both break the setting unbelievably
>>
>>269137260
tbf i'm incredibly autistic about certain things.
were you there for my interpretation on the symbol "ヲ" on his gourd?
>>
>>269137237
Happened to me too but I find teh character too tragic for my taste. Everyone gets redeemed or dies in combat staying true to themselves except for Kabuto, who become a willing yet will-less slave for Konoha after getting brainwashed by Itachi's asspulled once use only genjutsu.
>>
>>269137282
I remember reading some posts about it and how the symbols were inconsistent from panel to panel. That was you? Nice seeing you again!
>>
>>269137337
yeah, nice to see you too, anon!
my original post about it just in case:
https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/266196782/#q266228236

i also did notice there was a panel where he had a different symbol on his gourd that someone pointed out was 殺 like you said
>>
>>269137373
Nice post. It's nice seeing someone actually learning Japanese. I would like to learn just enough to read and listen to it once I get some free time but I doubt I could get far. I feel like I have lost the ability to hyperfixate on a topic like I used to. Would you happen to have a blog or something where you talk about the language?
>>
>>269118309
>filler in which absolutely NOTHING happened
whoa call the presses
Filler's entire point is seeing new characters and their versatile techniques, or just slice of life fun.
>>
>>269137500
>Would you happen to have a blog or something where you talk about the language?
no, sorry.
but i heavily recommend cure dolly on youtube.
and i think if you make a consistent effort you could learn japanese.
even if you don't dedicate a big part of your day.
consistency matters more than plowing through everything there is to know.

it also makes me happy you enjoyed my post.
i wish you the best, anon!
>>
>>269137596
>cure dolly on youtube.
I will check it out.
>consistency matters more than plowing through everything there is to know
You are right in that. I used to read and intensely about mythology, history, etc. for hours on end to the point of getting dizzy. I guess it's all about balance, lol.
>it also makes me happy you enjoyed my post.
i wish you the best, anon!
Thanks, man! I hope I can get to talk to you on this website again.
>>
私わあのんです
日本語難しい
how badly did i fuck that up
>>
>>269130421
>>269130527
Shino gives off the vibe of a literal autist who's intelligent and competent, but just self-aware enough to understand that people find him offputting and overlook him, and is bitter about it but decides to lean into it anyway. Feels like he'd rather settle for being the "creepy but no-nonsense capable guy" than try and fail to be accepted.

Also, I know they never really interacted much, but it felt like Shino and Sasuke had some mutual respect here. As much as two classmates who've probably never actually been friends or talked much could have, but still.
>>
>>269137140
Tell that to Kishimoto.
>>
>>269137728
>わ instead of は
>anon in hiragana instead of katakana
>no particles in the 2nd line
an attempt was made
>>
>>269130586
>Bugs can sap energy out of Jirobo faster than he can suck energy out of others; his super strength can't do dick against insects infecting him with some shit.
>I don't know enough insects/spiders to know how Shino could counter Kidomaru's powers, but you just KNOW it'd be a crazy 500-IQ kino fest
>Uses some obscure insects' high-frequency noises or shit to disrupt Tayuya's flute music or just straight-up gathers bugs to plug up her flute
>Unleashes some bugs with flesh-diseases onto Sakon and Ukon, absolutely fucking with their regeneration and merging abilities
We truly got robbed
>>
How would Madara defend against Bug no Jutsu?
>>
>>269137804
そうですね
>>
>>269107522
Surprised me too.
>>
>>269137185
Holy fuck, he's literally me
>>
>>269137828
>I don't know enough insects/spiders to know how Shino could counter Kidomaru's powers, but you just KNOW it'd be a crazy 500-IQ kino fest
>Sir. Kidomaru died. Shino Aburame filled his spider webs with parasitic larvaand hate him from the inside out. The only things left of him is a hollow exoskeleton made of gold. When we opened it up, hundreds... No, thousands of bugs came out flying. The expression on the golden face was that of fear and pain.
>>
>>269137836
He would set the whole landscape aflame if he sees even one person wearing sunglasses. He is not dumb. That's why he avoided them like the plage.
>>
>>269137596
i thought i was done trying to learn japanese but there are tons of raw manga i want to read and i'm sick of waiting for translations
>>
>>269137596
>>269137671
>I will check it out.
She died. Fuck. Now I feel sad.
>>
>>269138199
Happens to all of us.
She did a fantastic job breaking down Japanese in a way you'd understand. I'm just barely on my third video of hers, and I've learned way more than I previously have.
>>
>>269137671
>Thanks, man! I hope I can get to talk to you on this website again.
there's a good chance of that happening.
i browse this place frequently. i usually just post about gaara though.

>>269138199
yeah... but her videos are the best japanese learning resource
>>
File: 120731792_p0.png (1.08 MB, 832x1216)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Hinatasisters? What is THIS?
>>
>>269106951
Please don't chop Sakura being a POS to her being 12. Kishi is shit at writing female characters. He's admitted it.
>>
>>269138801
Cunny wife. For the Clan
>>
>>269138801
>AI
Nice pinky ring, Naruto.
>>
>>269106879
Part 1 just feels pretty grounded generally, all things considered. There's hard limits on how much bullshit a character can pump out, and fights don't take that long because eventually people just run out of chakra.

Part 2 throws all that out the window, especially towards the end where a single continuous battle lasts for 200 chapters yet everyone remains capable of shitting out bigass fireballs and regenerating indefinitely. It just lowers the stakes and makes it feel like none of the fights even matter anymore since nobody ever dies and overuse of powers has no risk. Part 1 already kind of started with this towards the Sasuke retrieval arc where multiple characters used self-sacrificing suicide gambits but all of them survived.
>>
>>269138994
Neji and Chouji absolutely should've died in that mission, as seen by how poorly they are handled in Part 2.
>>
>>269138994
>Part 2 throws all that out the window, especially towards the end where a single continuous battle lasts for 200 chapters
This was an issue since the beginning of part 2, just the fight between Sakura, Chiyo and Sasori lasted like 50 episodes.
>>
hinata has the best superpowers
two actually
>>
>>269139038
To be fair, Akatsuki had been hyped for a while so their fights were supposed to be massive.
And then you have Kakuzu and Hidan.
>>
>>269139018
Yes, and Rock Lee should've been crippled for life instead of magically healing and then being reduced to standing next to Gai while he yells about youth.

Choji at least gets a nice moment to shine during the war, despite the fact that the edo tensei boss rush was a stupid plot device designed to fill out chapters indefinitely. Lee doesn't at all, and Neji's exit is also pretty anticlimactic.
>>
>skipping school to read naruto fanfic slop
Yep, simpler times.
>>
>>269139038
The pacing for that is better in the manga though. Still too long but despite the meme that Sakura is supposed to be useless she's actually pretty competent in part 2. We see her more often than Hinata (Naruto even introduces her to his dad as his 'girlfriend' despite Hinata having confessed to him twice before lol) and she's usually doing fairly special and useful stuff, despite being a female character in a Kishimoto product.
>>
>>269134026
>>269136779
War is not only NOT THAT BAD but it's way better than the Gaara rescue arc and even the Kakuzu arc. The dumps showed that
>>
>>269139084
what stories, homie?
>>
>>269139081
>Rock Lee should've been crippled for life
i assume kishi undid lee's injury because he was planning on redeeming gaara, which was easier if the person he crippled for life got healed.
>>
>>269139228
The war arc is fucking garbage. It lasts way too long and it makes previous deaths meaningless. It brings back characters that have zero reason to come back (like Zabuza and Haku) and despite being incredibly long it still fails to give previously established characters any interesting moments. Instead, it focuses way too much on the five kage despite them being boring characters. It also pairs Naruto with Bee for way too long, I think Bee actually gets more screentime as his mentor than Jiraiya.

Gaara rescue arc is okay if you don't mind Sakura getting a lot of screentime.
>>
>>269139360
This is all valid criticism, but despite all that war has more upside than incredibly underwhelming arcs like Gaara or Kakuzu. Seriously, Kakuzu used to be one of my favorite but during the new dump it ended up being one of the worst
>>
>>269139379
CIRCLES MAN
HOW DO THEY WORK
>>
>>269106879
I loved Naruto because Shikamaru was basically me, I'm a genius and super smart but lazy.
>>
>>269139575
shikamaru is an idiotic contradictory character
he does not learn any of the ninja lore stuff yet somehow able to strategize
that's not how it works
>>
>>269139712
Shikamaru's a character whose "genius" is centered the around the plot bending over backwards for him to make him look smart and having bystanders commentate on how smart he is.
>>
File: 5c6.png (430 KB, 680x693)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>269139712
>>269139751
>>
File: 1539104472850.jpg (241 KB, 706x1604)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>269106879
>They’re all annoying little shitheads
Shino was ok.
>>
>>269139084
you could've read it to and from school theres no fic worth abandoning your education breh
>>
>>269139575
>I'm a genius
>and super smart
anon...
>>
>>269140497
you are high if you think you learn anything valuable in school
>>
>>269139360
>It brings back characters that have zero reason to come back (like Zabuza and Haku)
I never really got the complaints considering how it was actually used to thematically show off how Zabuza and Haku were being used as tools even beyond death (which their arc had an underlying theme about) as well as clear up Zabuza’s regrets over not being able to show Haku just how much he cared about him. Plus, Edo Tensei isn’t like the Dragon Balls, where the wish revived so many characters with basically no consequences. In Naruto, people brought back with it are revived as shells and tools, having regrets and unable to control themselves. Only when they settle down with their regrets do they actually move on and no reincarnation remained except for Madara, who later on also regrets how he ended up.
>>
>>269140597
Philosophy classes were great
>>
File: 1540662116461.png (597 KB, 1000x564)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
That time Naruto would have died on his first mission, not long after leaving the village walls, if it wasn't for the fox. And later he's spamming supernovas on the battlefield. The powercreep is ridiculous in retrospect.
>>
>>269132671
the story's treatment of Danzo always alienated me. His methods were crass but we could always see that there were reasonable intentions behind them. Nobody ever tried engaging with him on his level, he was just labeled as evil and that's that. For all Naruto has learned about the value of talking and understanding other people's point of views there was never any desire to deal with the concept of "this guy acts against everything I believe in but at the end of the day we share a common goal".
>>
>>269137596
i'm at the lesson where she says everyone
paying basically leveled up and could understand japanese if they knew the words
is that true?
if so, japanese is a lot simpler than i thought it was
>>
>>269141788
paying attention*
how the fuck did i forget that one word
>>
>>269141108
The issue for me is more that there's just no point in bringing them back from a plot perspective. Zabuza and Haku, while interesting characters to us, the readers, are not particularly interesting to revive for the war. In-universe, neither of them are particularly famous. Like, it makes sense to bring back the hokage for their shock value and hax jutsu but Zabuza is just some dude.

They're revived as 'shells' but they evidently have plenty of time to chatter about their past because that's what we, the readers, are interested in. It just kind of breaks immersion. The gimmick was nice for a bit, since it was cool to watch Asuma call out to his former students as he attempted to warn them about what his weaknesses were, but the gimmick got old quickly and it just lasts forever. And anyways, later on during the ten-tails part four Hokage are brought back at full strength, their free will, and without even having to kill anyone meaningful to do so since they could just use Zetsu clones for it.

>>269141233
He does have a massive chakra source inside of him. That in itself isn't a big deal, what annoys me more is that he grew very little between parts 1 and 2, but then he develops most of his big new skills in a few days during part 2 (rasenshuriken, sennin mode, kyuubi mode).
>>
>>269107036
He also genuinely can’t understand why she’d want to help him during the first exam.
>>
>>269137828
>Bugs can sap energy out of Jirobo faster than he can suck energy out of others
That's retarded, each individual bug doesn't absorb chakra that fast, that's why he needs a swarm of them for properly drain the opponent.
>>
>hokage's funeral theme song playing in the background as madara and hashirama talk for the last time
i unironically think boruto could be half kino if they had use og/shippuden osts
>>
>>269136942
Too bad Kishi clearly had no idea what direction he was going to take with him for 80% of the story
>>
>>269139751
>>269139823
How was Shikamaru ever like that? His intelligence was overhyped as all he did I'd expect any Jonin to be capable of doing but what was so egregious about his plans

I don't see what makes "I need to enlarge my shadow without Temari noticing and the tunnels Naruto made might help" that stupidly contrived
>>
>>269144246
Especially since part 1 is full of clever little tricks like that. Naruto himself, who everyone calls an idiot, makes use of some kind of clever tactic in almost every fight he's in (part 2 just has him either nuke or job to anyone he's fighting).

Shikamaru mostly looks clever because he's up against absolute retards, like the sound girl who knocks herself out against the wall she forgot was there. It's not like he's an idiot for making use of these things, rather, everyone else looks like an idiot for calling him a genius because he does these things.
>>
Imagine being a narutard
>>
Obito convincing Sasuke that Itachi was actually a good guy used by Konoha without any actual proof or evidence was really retarded and forced.
>>
>>269144486
AOI AOI ANO SORA
AOI AOI ANO SORA
AOI AOI ANO SOOORA
>>
>>269144517
shed a tear even doe just killed the entire tribe for the lulz
glad when he gets to seal orochimaru
yuruse sasuke, kore de saigo da
even 6 yo child shouldve noticed the public unrest against the uchiha cops
and then he heard it from danzo and went "so it's true"
and then he heard it from solo king ans went "so it's true"
finally he heard it from the non shady person on the list, /ourguy/ hiruzen and went "so it's true"
>>
>>269144347
Yeah the 200 IQ thing was stupid, Kishi should've just said he was the smartest of his class and good at coming up with plans on the spot

Still the way his intelligence was portrayed was nothing like Sherlock's microscopic vision and encyclopedia brain type intelligence
>>
Naruto delivering pizzas as a D-rank mission
>>
File: 1697765821436324.jpg (317 KB, 1028x1594)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>>269144347
>part 2 just has him either nuke or job to anyone he's fighting
?????? Sage Mode Naruto had a 500 IQ boost
>>
I want to fuck Matsuri so bad...
>>
>>269145414
>nearly gets killed by Pain
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE NOT MY TORPEDO TITS GF *gets retard rageboosts and later wins*
Not really.
>>
>>269135707
You are Indian.
>>
>>269136045
>>269136224
Lmao hahaha gtfo with that trash Dragon Ball is ass fuck off.
>>
>>269146081
aren't we all
>>
>>269136779
There were 5 arcs and only the last 2 were meh. Either way Bleach is ass.
>>
File: 1699725629557537.png (1.5 MB, 1885x871)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>269146007
How about reading the manga you're discussing instead of spouting memes next time?
>>
>>269146124
Kishimoto knows he was never even close to Toriyama's level, retard
>>
>>269146150
Only you.
>>
>>269146173
By the way this is only the final gambit, Naruto does plenty of smart stuff before that. But I don't see any reason to spoonfeed you when you could just be reading this again
>>
>>269146205
That's Japanese elder worship and Kishimoto being a doormat nothing else. Dragon Ball is brainless trash for niggers and spics lmao
>>
>>269146245
You're a 80 IQ mouthbreathing retard. An arrogant one, the worst kind of retard
>>
>>269146245
Manimefag...
>>
>>269146173
>>269146227
Cool, he still would've lost that fight if it weren't for the powerwank rageboost.
Also
>even that poster admits Naruto turns into an unga bunga retard afterwards
Kek, you're a disingenuous retard.
>>
>>269146173
>Naruto uses his clones to throw himself at someone
Wow, that's really some 4D chess shit right here. Really intelligent by a narutard's standards.
>>
>>269146398
>would've lost that fight if it weren't for the powerwank rageboost
>Naruto turns into an unga bunga retard afterwards
Nice job moving goalposts, moron.

>>269146461
It's part of a 10 steps plan with multiple failsafe and it's a nice instance of thinking on your feet, it's street smarts/mechanical smarts. It's perfectly fine on its own and it's impressive as part of this 5D chess plan.

But because there's no gay kpop fag rambling about HOW SMART THAT WAS to hype Naruto and Naruto is always portrayed as the village idiot, you retards wont even register that yes, that was really solid and had a lot of steps going into it.

God I hate 80 IQ retards infesting this board.
>>
>>269107017
Shikamaru looked like such a weird little goblin at first lol
>>
>>269107549
You were never friends with girls lol. They do creepy stalker shit even more than men, even the cute ones - they get obsessed with one guy who's cool enough to have options, or gay, or anti-social and put off by how weird the girl can be even if she's pretty

If a girl has a crush on you they will found out literally everything about you and you may never know
>>
>>269107772
God the art had so much personality in the beginning
>>
>>269128068
Interesting post anon, I never thought about this except with Pain, and yeah, Kishi actually doing a solid. I'd argue Naruto didn't really lose to Kimmimaro or Deidara he just got too pissed off in those instances and wasn't effective but drew out a stalemate or got halted/distracted in both cases.

He also didn't lose to Sasuke hard at all, another tail or 2 and I think he would over-power CMS2 he just got unlucky with his arm and had to spend some chakra before even fighting Sasuke with Kimmimaro and spent energy prior In pursuit of Sasuke with the retrieval arc and the sound 4 (albeit he got a sensu bean equivalent iirc) before Kimmimaro to replenish cakra.

>Fake Itachi
Didn't that end with him getting put into a genjutsu? I forget fully but Naruto was pretty prone to getting angry early in part 2 and not being as effective as you'd think fresh outta 2.5 years of training with Jiraiya.
>>
>>269147675
That's all the seal leaking, early part 2 Naruto wasn't really in good condition which is an odd narrative choice desu
>>
>>269147720
Probably to build Sause up again like part 1 only for Nardo to start outclassing him halfway through. Naruto would have stomped Sause after the five-kage summit and Danzo fight of course with Sasuke having no chakra left and eyes going blind.
>>
>>269148017
It'd have been better if Naruto came with something incomplete (like he was halfway to sage mode but not there yet) so he could level up instead of being back to level 1 and arguably weaker than Sakura
>>
>>269106879
You're exactly breaking new ground by pointing out this part of the manga (starting with the chunin exams and until the end of part 1) is the strongest in the manga in terms of theming and characterization. Namely, despite having very different personalities all these rookie ninjas were fun because they were an exploration of what growing up in the ninja world produced, which was amusingly fucked up teens wtih superpowers like you put it. The issue after is that none of the other arcs are that tight and a lot of the characters introduced during this stretch that became fan favorites got shelved for the rest of the story (i.e. Lee, Neji, Choji, Shino, Temari) except for a few whose characters arcs got a resolution somewhere in part 2 like Shikamaru, Hinata, Gaara and obviously the main characters Naruto and Sasuke who're unique cases. And don't get me wrong, other characters introduced later still get a fair amount of characterizations, but that sense of unity in reoccurring themes was never quite reproduced.
>>
>>269131000
I liked Yamato. He gave the vibe of "normal dude in a cast full of larger-than-life wackos" and did his best with it.
>>
>>269148099
Honestly I'm fine with K11 getting shafted for adult characters who have a reason to be big players
>>
>>269148073
Yeah instead of just "bigger obama rasengan" maybe hint at sage mode being blocked by Nine Tails with him refusing the energy causing it to be harder to learn for Naruto and due to that that would have given excellent build-up for Pain/Jiraiya and Pain/Naruto later. I still like the whole Naruto being pissed off easily due to what happened to a fellow Jinchurki and him being less effective due to it was interesting at the time and went well with him being a more hormonal teenager as of part 2, aswas I at the time so I related to edgier Naruto more. I still remember people drawing Akatsuki Naruto and 'dark' Naruto at the time.
>>
>>269148447
Edgy or disturbed Naruto is cool and we got some nice payoff with zen Naruto after his sage training, dude levelled up in everything, just needed to lose his father figure for that

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.