[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What was the secret to its success?
>>
I will never watch this garbage
>>
Good animation and Kung flu
>>
>>269118296
Nezuko's legs, but normies won't admit it
>>
>>269118333
what do you even watch then?
>>
>>269118296
Ufotable doing anything other than type/moon
>>
File: GMKpD3ZaMAArkol.jpg (756 KB, 2048x1536)
756 KB
756 KB JPG
>>269118296
>>
>>269118836
Ok, but why didn't those type/moon series that done by Ufotable manage to blow up as big as Kimetsu no Yaiba?
>>
>>269118953
Native isekai was not as popular when Fate aired
>>
>>269118296
Simplicity and a good anime.
>>
File: GITSXNYa8AAnO7C.jpg (291 KB, 2048x1366)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>
File: Fq7NLlzacAInivW.jpg (303 KB, 2048x1150)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>
File: 1641684222592.jpg (26 KB, 400x401)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>269118296
Being good.
Which is why /a/ hates it.
>>
>>269120284
Inosuke best boy
>>
>>269118296
It's a kids show that puts heavy emphasis on the visual spectacle. The story is inconsequential as the main appeal of this story are the well-animated fighting sequences which was enough to captivate an audience of little kids (its intended audience, it's rated PG12). Dunno why you keep asking this question.
>>269120284
>Being good.
Nah.
>>
>>269118425
I will watch Kagurabachi.
>>
>>269118296
Appealing to everyone. Aka being bland. Everyone likes white rice. Everyone likes white bread.
>>
>>269120472
Kimetsu no Yaiba's audience goes up from children to their mothers and even grandmothers. So I don't think it's that simple. Also, it even airs at late-night since it's a heavy-violence and gore show
>>
>>269118296
Didn't milk it (manga) for money. Short story to the point, didn't sell out and make it longer, kept it nice and tight.

Of course now the anime and the movies are a different story and a completely whoring out of the show, but it's what zoomies love.
>>
>>269120752
Adults and geriatric old farts watching Kimetsu doesn't change who the intended audience it's catered for is. There are plenty of adults who watches Disney, and their movies can get pretty dark, it's still made for little kids. Kimetsu is rated PG12, and many Japs argued it should be rated G instead because 9 year olds were watching it.

It's a kids show.
>>
>>269120472
Whats wrong with emphasizig on visual spectacle in a visual medium?
>>
It's kino that doesn't try to be le deep and le complex
>>
>>269120907
So being a kids show is the secret to being successful?
>>
>>269120606
I don't think that sentence is correct. Does everyone like white bread or white rice for being bland? So being bland means everyone will like it?
>>
>>269118296
Bamboo cocks prevent a needy girl from going into a killing spree fueled by a fellatio withdrawal
Bravo Gotouge, based roastie writing
>>
>>269121028
Absolutely nothing. I mean, for me personally, I think this series insubstantial in many ways. The setting is pretty bland, the story is nonexistent and the characters are paper-thin despite the anime being as well made as it is, with the seiyuus doing the best they can under the circumstance, but it's completely fine to just watch a show as a pure entertainment if that's just what you're looking for just like it's okay to admit you just really love Big Macs. You don't have to pretend it's some steak.
>>269121033
I disagree. I think it tries too hard to be oversentimental and it gets far too melodramatic and preachy for its own good. At one instance, it doesn't take itself too seriously and wants to be a comedy and the other instance it wants to be a tragedy.
>>
>>269121595
You say that but Kimetsu no Yaiba resonated with a lot of people that it became a cultural phenomenon. Metaphorically calling it as fast food, and dismissing it isnt that just you taking the high-ground over nothing?
>>
File: doggo.jpg (38 KB, 400x400)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>269118296
We you so triggered by the WSJ thread that you decided to make a thread to cope?
>>
>>269121841
I don't know what you are talking about, sorry
>>
>>269118296
It will never be as big, legendary and revered as One Piece. And that's a good thing.
>>
I don't get why some people get mad over kny, it's a pretty harmless series
>>
>>269122018
I don't think anyone's mad about KnY though. It's pretty much beloved everywhere
>>
>>269122018
There was no reason for it being more successful than FMA, SnK, and JJK etc.
>>
>>269122098
It's better than those 3 you mentioned
>>
>>269122132
No where does it have better reviews bro
>>
>>269122098
JJK is horrible
>>
>>269122285
Yet still has higher reception.
>>
>>269122320
Where?
>>
>>269121792
Dragon Ball resonated with a lot of people and became a cultural phenomenon too. That didn't change anything that the author made the series exclusively as a piece of entertainment with zero substance (his own words). Animation has always been deeply ingrained into their culture.

Just like how a Big Mac doesn't need to be elevated to fine cuisine to be appreciated, Demon Slayer doesn't need to be high art to be appreciated. It's completely fine to also just enjoy it for its entertainment value alone. You don't have to pretend something is more than what it is and find meaning in something that's not there.
>>
>>269122351
Literally anywhere that keeps aggregate scores.
>>
>>269122365
Dragon Ball is one thing, but Kimetsu no Yaiba is another. Sure its a visual eyecandy in all senses, but it still has themes that it tackles straightforwardly. Did the Kimetsu author also said that he made his series with zero substance herself?
>>
>>269122437
But its less popular than Kimetsu no Yaiba which means that lesser people rated it. That wont mean that its reception is higher, then
>>
>>269118296
Me, I willed it's success
>>
>>269122018
Committed the sin of knocking One Piece off its throne.
>>
>>269122770
You God?
>>
>>269118296
For the manga it was incest
For the anime good animation
>>
Honest premise with no le epic twists, honest villains without le misunderstood wank, good animation with smart use of CGI
>>
>>269118296
Little girl tights
>>
>>269118296
Being good
>>
>>269122990
I'm Satan
>>
Mid Story, decent art that got turned into really good animation. Plus, easily marketable and accessible to kids.

Its kinda the same with Marvel, just because something is successful and popular doesn't necessarily mean its great.
>>
>>269123241
It's literally not. In every half decent shounen, even bottom of the barrel, the characters have to try to improve
The KnY characters just remember random shit and scream really loud to unlock their hidden potential. It's a suspension of disbelief off the charts show
Only Japan really likes KnY because it pushes family values on a society now completely devoid of them. And it's triggering something primal in them. Something the West will soon experience with a non-Hollywood backed renaissance
To the rest of the world, it's just another hype beast anime replaced by the next shiny thing, right now JJK replaced it which will get replaced by another shiny thing very soon

Outside the nice animation, KnY is bad even for a battle shounen
Sure, it's not as bad as Hitman Reborn but it's not a high bar to be better than that
>>
>>269118296
Ufotable made 1 good episode thats enough.
Animefans will watch a 6/10 and call it a 10 if there's a 1 good episode every season or so.
>>
Non meme answer, people were desperate for another action packed shounen after the great isekai flood. Covid brought in way more anime watchers in the west and this was one of ones in the forefront of attention. It's unapologetically Japanese and Japan loves its own culture, especially older Japanese folks. The studio that adapted it gave a shit about the source material and loved it enough to adapt it correctly, something most manga should get but don't. Tanjiro resonates with most people because while he is a kind soul, he doesn't bitch out on letting heads roll when needed, none of that talk no jutsu shit. Add a sprinkle of stupid dumb luck.
Tldr: it came out at the exact right time.
>>
>>269119190
Can I chose to board that plan or do I have to roll a gacha whenever I buy a ticket?
>>
>>269123441
Nah it's good
>>
>>269123891
Nah
>>
>>269123468
All the episodes was good back in Season 1 though?
>>
>ASSumptions
Personally, I love it because the story has this soft feeling despite the battles and gore.
And at the end, I can say with certainty that I understood what the mangaka wanted to convey.
It's rare to find a good manga that ends on such a good note, let alone with such a clear ending.
>>
Kimetsu no Yaiba is what Sousou no Frieren aspires to be.

Appealing to everyone and tries to be all sentimental for the "older audiences", so it can be appreciated for how beautiful and ethereal it is.
Of course, Frieren failed badly and in the end, it was just shilled zoomercore
>>
File: 1682276392055737.jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>269118296
good animation
>>
For me it's GODjima
>>
>>269124234
KnY is skilled zoomercore though
Only reason Japan likes it so much is because it pushes family values on a dying nation with an ever-declining birth rate and the setting reminds them of the golden days when Japan wasn't an impoverished shithole
Unironically, it's even more isekai than Frieren

Frieren is an anime in the truest form made by an anime studio with legendary titles under its belts and had Satoshi Kon KnY is a psyop made by a meme studio backed by Sony who only became famous from Fate and turned an anime into some Indian soap opera
>>
>>269118296

Truth be told KNY is not bad, the simplicity of it´s story is not bad and would even qualify as a strong point after seeing several pretentious anime of it´s generation aim too high and then fall short on their promises. The production values are also pretty high, the fights are cool, the art is recognizable and the music is engaging so as far as i can tell it delivers on what´s supposed to be. No more, no less.

Twenty years ago it may not have stood out that much but times and audiences change. New audiences have different sensibilities and standards too. You have to consider this generation grew up with cheap isekai and SNK... not with Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll or whatever.
>>
>>269123468
Explain Oshi no Ko then?
>>
>>269124698
>Gen X and Millenials got to grow up with Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, DBZ, Slam Dunk, NGE, Death Note, Berserk, LoGH, FMA, the Big 3 and Pokemon at the height of Pokemania
>meanwhile Gen Z and Alpha grows up with isekai slop like Mushoku Tensei and Reincarnated as Slime, shounenshit like SnK, MHA, KnY, JJK and soulless remakes
Grim
>>
>>269118296
Women are dumb
>>
>>269124578
Frierenigger cope lmao
It failed to become the "next Kimetsu no Yaiba"
>>
>>269124891
Growing up with Evangelion means becoming gay in the future though

Yuck
>>
>>269123969
Season 1 was atrocious I'd never rewatch that and I actually kinda like Yaiba.

>>269124723
First episode was kino
>>
>>269125056
Season 1 was kino, and can be rewatch everytime
>>
>>269124891
>old good
>new bad
when the old isn't even that good, lmao
being elitist over mid isnt something to be proud of
>>
File: sammy-eve no jikan.jpg (72 KB, 600x595)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>269118296
Likeable protag
Cute sister
Familial bond
Some good supporting characters
Some good/charming character interactions
Didn't overstay it's welcome and ended sooner than most battle shonen
Very good anime adaption with great animation
No big glaring issues
Wide appeal (nothing that puts off any particular group or age)
>>
Kimetsu no Yaiba received a God-tier adaptation and became a cultural phenomenon
Meanwhile the acclaimed king of dark fantasy, Berserk, got atrocious CGI for scraps. Though its better off that way, cuckshit slop doesn't deserve to be treated any better
>>
>>269123441
>even bottom of the barrel, the characters have to try to improve
>The KnY characters just remember random shit and scream really loud to unlock their hidden potential
Did you just have a brainfart where we see the character constantly train for several episodes in a row? Where characters outright fail and have to be bailed out even when they power up or pull off a move they trained to use? Repeatedly.

Generational connections and memories is also a running theme in the series.
The main demon's (Muzan) underlings can remember things from Muzan's memories through his cells.

You painting it as if characters constantly and only power up through some asspull memory thing is disingenuous and incorrect.

You have to be legit braindead to think KnY to be bad. You might not like it, but if you can't even judge a baseline quality your opinion is useless.
>>
File: 1690940143516.png (56 KB, 194x200)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>269124989
It doesn't need to be the next KnY lol
>didn't need to ride the isekai boom wave to become a great fantasy show or imitate naruto/bleach to become popular
>animation is leagues above anything aired in recent times
>faithful to the source material, a complementing adaptation without turning it into some Indian soap opera (which should be the standard for adaptations), looking at you KnY
>OST's high quality is undisputed by both enjoyers and contrarians alike, Evan Call is the best composer in the game right now
>top tier female character designs
>delivered by a proven and true, talented studio with legendary titles under its belt (Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, Monster, HxH, Death Note, Satoshi Kon, etc)
>outstanding enough to the point of expanding it's fandom beyond it's presumed demographic target
>praised by both the japanese and western audience, #1 anime on MAL and anilist, rated 62 on imdb's best TV shows of all time
If you dislike Frieren, you don't like anime, simple as
>>
>>269118296
incest
>>
>>269125368
>see the character constantly train for several episodes in a row
Not a thing until Hashira training which lasts canonically a week
The rest of the story the characters spend in combat/recovering from combat
>>
>>269125538
>If you dislike Frieren, you don't like anime, simple as
Bold statement. Or is that intentional, and you're baiting?
Either way, Frieren isn't anything special nor does it bring something new to the medium
It's just boring, generic shit
>>
>>269118296
I read most of it and unless the anime is far far superior, then I just don’t know what it was besides maybe nezuko being a hot little hebe
>>
>>269118296
Cheap hype and melodrama, that is what normies love
>>
>>269125944
>normies
newfag
>>
File: 1719099454647.png (135 KB, 640x640)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>269125683
>it's not isekai
>it's not battle shounen
>it has good production values
>it's an adaptation of a good manga
>comfy setting
>MC undergoes character development, her arc is about appreciating the fleeting (in her eyes) bonds she creates with the short lived races
It's special enough if you ask me
>>
>>269126117
>>it's not battle shounen
It is lol, whoops
>>
>>269120518
Wow, so you will watch Kagurabachi the industry plant over Demonshit? CRINGEEEEE
>>
>>269118296
A mediocre plot just barely interesting enough to capture shit taste having normies and the power of Unlimited Budget Works.
>>
>>269126146
It's not tho
It's an iyashikei with light battle elements but doesn't define the series
>>
>>269126235
Holy cope. You should know your own series and face it for what it really is
>>
>>269118296
Easy to read and follow, timeless themes, it was popular during serialization, but Ufotable knocked it out with the animation.
>>
>>269125622
>Not a thing until Hashira training which lasts canonically a week
So you did have a brainfart. There are even several episodes/chapters which you cannot have missed even if you weren't paying attention, like every time after a big fight when they got beat up they both recovered and trained visibly (but it's also implied they train outside of this).

People like you really have no place to have an opinion on anime/manga when you're this deranged and ignorant.
Now go ahead and deflect because you cannot admit to being wrong ever.
>>
>>269126470
>every time after a big fight when they got beat up they both recovered and trained visibly
Again, that's not a thing until the Hashira training arc which barely lasts a week in canon
None of their random technique training leads up to how they can tackle upper tier demons
And they never train breathing techniques not once with the sole exception being MC at the start of the series to learn a breathing technique he later drops anyways
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2 KB, 100x100)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
watchable first season, good animation, strong movie performance in the box office, good TV adaptation of the movie, and a decent follow-up season. swordsmith village and hashira training absolutely shit the bed which is why nobody talks about it anymore. it's going to fade out just like SnK, with the fans completely forgetting it exists until someone says it's bad, then they'll screech about how it was generation-defining a masterpiece only to forget about it again an hour later.
>>
>>269126611
Training arcs only exists so they can be used as an exposition dump and overexplain the power system and the MC exploring it, which I find to be bad writing and irrelevant to the plot.
>>
>>269126823
However conveniently learning a new technique in the middle of the fight is also bad writting, hinokami kagura
>>
>>269126643
>which is why nobody talks about it anymore.
Bro? The Internet is filled with Infinity Castle memes everywhere the corner. You're whack
>>
>>269118296
Coivd.
It had every other reason to succeed. Covid is what erased most of it's competition and bring it to the center. So Japan ONLY had KnY.
>>
File: 1715417497323.jpg (108 KB, 914x1024)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>269126940
among the fanbase
most people are already moving onto something else like jujutsu and even jujutsu is about to end soon and fade off
the internet isn't like 20 years ago where a franchise could spark a dedicated fanbase over the years the internet is just too big that trends and interests are come and go quickly
>>
>>269118296
Not very long
>>
>>269121091
A kids show for autistic women and childless aunts more like it.
Anything intended for kids that gets popular will have an adult following regardless. Kids don't have money so parents are buying the merchandise for them.Adults who are kids by heart (a.k.a. wo/manchildren) will see the appeal and will spend money on it uninterrupted. It's a formula that works so well for media franchises that it feels like it's cheating.
>>
File: b3fvkcfiyvoguvupo.jpg (1.56 MB, 2718x2268)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
Left or right?
>>
>>269126823
That's just a hyperbole
Good shounen even the most half baked shounen knows how to show not tell
Naruto is the quintessential hatefag series on /a/ but it spends lots of time on explaining why its characters deserve powerups
KnY does the exact opposite while still doing asspulls
Remembering your dad's dance? SUN BREATH UNLOCKED
Former BFF turns into a demon? LOCK IN MODE ACHIEVED - ALL TECHNIQUES SUDDENLY UNLOCKED
Hothead retard? - RESOLVE UNLOCKED: TOP TIER ABILITIES UNLOCKED
Demon is too strong? X-RAY MODE UNLOCKED

Even Dragonball Z's time room is a masterpiece in storytelling compared to KnY's explanations and powerups
>>
>>269126611
>we see charactes train for several episodes in a row, but it doesn't count as "training" unless it's called a "training arc"
There are easier ways to let us know you're a braindead idiot.
No don't bother replying, you made it very clear you're not intelligent enough for even basic rational discussion and I don't interact with idiots.
>>
>>269127277
Right, easy. Who in their right mind would pick left?
>>
>>269118296
A very good foundation, it hits just the right spot between being commercially rentable and having actual value as a story without the negative connotations shonenshit usually carries, its traditional aesthetic is rarely mentioned but it's also the reason it catches the eyes of people, on top of a God tier adaptation, I doubt Ufo will ever get its hands on something that lets them go crazy with the set pieces like KnY does.
>>
>>269126875
It's not bad writing at all.
As has been stated, it's a running theme and remembering moments from the past allows people to get bitesized exposition during action scenes and moments that help the audience care and relate to a character. Which is one of the reasons why the series is so popular. It's extremely obvious.

For someone eager to call something shit writing, you're not very good at grasping basic writing techniques. As in you're not even qualified for even basic analysis.
>>
>>269126940
>The Internet is filled
the internet is also filled with child porn and gore videos, that doesn't mean it's mainstream. KnY was mainstream after the mugen train movie and now only diehards are talking about it amongst themselves in their little pockets of anime/manga communities. it fell off. stop being delusional.
>>
>>269127354
>Naruto is the quintessential hatefag series on /a/ but it spends lots of time on explaining why its characters deserve powerups

Characters pull shit out of their asses non-stop in Naruto, what the fuck are you on about.
They then talk way too much and even explain shit to their opponents. If that's your bar for good writing, then holy fuck.
>>
>>269118296
It released during the pandemic right? I think it was the first anime for a lot of people.
>>
>>269127401
>>we see charactes train for several episodes in a row, but it doesn't count as "training" unless it's called a "training arc"
But here's the thing, you don't
And no, concentration is not a breathing form
They never train breathing forms not even once in the story except the beginning which the MC would drop shortly after anyways
>There are easier ways to let us know you're a braindead idiot
Should've just said you had no argument and left it at there
>I don't interact with idiots
You are interacting with an "idiot" right now
Which only says a lot about you than me
>>
>>269127459
>Right, easy. Who in their right mind would pick left?
Someone that doesn't want to spend millions on food bills.
>>
>>269118296
Not being a dishonest, dragged out story like mha and wanpiss.
>>
>>269127562
>But here's the thing, you don't
>And no, concentration is not a breathing form
Ah yes, here it starts with selectively decidinig "what counts", like the legendary retard you are.
>n-no they never train
>n-no that doesn't count
>n-no please anon trust me I'm right
Fucking retard. I despise thin-skinned close-minded apes like you. The shitstains of humanity.

What you're even implying WOULD be dogshit writing where you want atrocious pacing of characters individually spending several episodes learning a single new breathing technique for no good reason other than your own moronic reasons for what's """good""".
You have brainrot from watching old shitty battle shonen, so you associate "quality" with the shitty things they did. Like a fucking tool.
Fuck off. I can't fucking believe I gave you another shot only for you to one-up yourself in stupidity. You're not worth me or anyone's else's time, shitstain.
>>
>>269118296
Hashira Training has the same number of episodes and approximate length as the Mugen Train season. They could've just supercut Hashira Training arc as a movie instead and earned way more money that way. We'd have less filler and feel a lot better about it.
>>
>>269127516
I like how you talk about themes
And try to appeal to emotion
When that has fuck all to do with MC-kun pulling Hinokami out of his ass

Saying
"oh u search through your memories for a way out when you're near death" doesn't change how the tension was still robbed completely since we now know to expect that MC-kun will pull a new ability that was never foreshadowed each time he's in a pinch
Hinokami, Thunder Breath, X-Ray

It's an asspull
Simple as
>>269127715
Not me being selective, I just go off from what I actually read in the manga
Author for some reason has an aversion on actually showing what goes down in the downtime chapters and goes for a "tell don't show" approach with MC
He doesn't put entire arcs or even full chapters of the MC training or talking about how he could work around his techniques like Nart does with Rasengan and him cleverly using clones to make life easier
Instead author shows MC eviscerating demons and spending most of the time in hospital bed recovering
Then resorts to just a panel or two saying he's been doing some sort of training without actually committing to develop his fighting style
And no, never once in the story does he ever learn a single breathing technique, he just knows them all mid battle
Even in a whole arc dedicated around training MC actually doesn't learn anything new or something that made him reconsider his fighting style
>I can't fucking believe I gave you another shot
Well good to know you can't commit to your own words
Talk about playing yourself lmao
>>
>>269118953
No Covid to force people to stay home and binge watch.
Also Covid made the Nintendo Switch sell a lot more than it would have normally due to it's portable nature so it can be taken to hospitals and hotels.
Not saying it's the main cause, just pointing out it definitely helped.
>>
>>269127540
This sounds like insane cope. I see your ass in every KnY thread screaming about how it's forgotten or will be forgotten anyday now and none of that has happened.
>>
>>269118953
Because their adaptions were shit
>>
File: 1714753038869.png (697 KB, 2400x3520)
697 KB
697 KB PNG
>>269129699
KnY like JJK is FOTM shounenshit. Literally nobody cares or talks about KnY even after the manga ended a long time ago. It's only when the anime is on air it has some fraction and that's only once every year or so

It's literally the Yokai Watch of shounenshit
>>
>>269125862
>unless the anime is far far superior
You must have been living under a pretty big rock then to not notice that serge in boom once the anime aired. No one gave 2 shits about the manga until it got an anime adaption and by Ufotable.
>>
>>269129817
It's time to put the copium down before you overdose
>>
>>269129817
>nobody talks about KnY
>except when it's airing and people talk about it
I don't think you understand what forgotten means
>>
>>269118333
I thougut the same as well since it started first airing, then decided to finally give it a go this week.
It's actually really good. A level of artistic direction that is rarely seen among the sea of generic seasonal slop. It deserves all the hype it receives desu.
>>
File: 1713578534039.jpg (568 KB, 1638x2048)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>269130623
>anime corner
>mushoku tenshit at the top of anything
Little pocket dimension weeb communities don't matter
>>
>>269120472
>>269120907
It being rated PG12 means literally nothing. It's rated MA-15+ in the west by the way.
The only real factor for age ratings is nudity.
>>
>>269122098
FMA isn't successful maltard. Hence why it's forgotten.
>>
>>269118953
If your series needs you to read a boring 150 hour visual novel to understand it don't wonder when no one watches it
>>
>>269130877
The West don't matter because they rate any animation that has some semblance of violence MA-15+. It's rated PG-12 in its home country, it's a kids show.
>>
>>269130853
>engagement on English posts
>>
>>269130950
It could be packed full of gore and violence in every single scene and it would still be rated PG12 you mongoloid. One single nipple shot and it would be R18+. You clearly don't understand how content rating works.
>>
>>269130774
Nice try, Zoomer. You won't psyop me into watching and liking your generic shitshounen. No, I won't watch it even if you held me at a gunpoint and no, KnY will never be "good" no matter how much you insist. I don't care how pretty the animation is and how it gives you that dopamine rush, a pig in a lipstick is still a pig.

I'll make a power move on you, ANYONE who even thinks there are "good" battle shounen outside of HxH (the undisputed king of battle shounen), that aren't JoJo (Part 2 and 4), YYH (until Chapter Black) or FMA (the true alchemist's manga), is an underage child whose first exposition to anime was from SnK, BnHA or they first got into anime through KnY during the pandemic as that's where the majority of the newfag fanbase comes from.
>>
>>269130950
>>269131021
And content rating doesn't mean "age of intended audience". It means minimum acceptable age for audience to consume to content.
Honestly one of the most retarded arguments I've seen on this board in a long time.
>>
>>269131067
So you've never watched it yet hold such strong opinions.
Lmfao.
>>
File: FQP8oSYXwAEUi6Y.jpg_large.jpg (234 KB, 2048x2048)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
Dropped it the moment I found out pic related wasn't happening. Bunch of spineless mangaka these days.
>>
>>269118296
Good character designs and basically no story, allowing young people to watch pretty much any episode at random and be impressed by the flashy colors on the screen.
>>
>>269118296
The use of elemental visual effects when sword fighting was a genius idea. Wani truly won when she thought of this.
>>
File: file.png (174 KB, 770x740)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>269130853
>It's only a small corner of the inter..
Cope
>>
>>269131092
That's exactly what it means to Japan, newfag. PG-12 was always meant to tell parents that they might want to accompany their kids to watch this if they're below 12. The show is popular amongst elementary school kids with people as young as 9 year olds watching it and middle-aged women bought this manga for their kids, like, actual little kids. And it has toys amd merch made for little kids.

It's a kids show, deal with it. You're not watching a pulp fiction, you're literally watching a cartoon made for 9-12 year olds.
>>
>>269131067
Calm down Jeremy, I know Black Clover outselling MHA blu rays is tough but KnY has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>269131574
Huur duur of course kids in Japan like anime you stupid nigger mongoloid.
Your argument is still retarded.

Post your favourite anime and I'll tell you why it's a kid show.
>>
File: 1705263318404.jpg (661 KB, 1190x3785)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>269131506
>muh google search with no backing
lmaoooo, the image I posted is actual data from an actual analyst who compiled his shit through social media engagement across the internet for the popular series, but go off and tell me how your FOTM show isn't just another FOTM
>>
>>269123086
>honest villains without le misunderstood wank
don't they all have tragic backstories though
>>
>>269131682
>no argument and resorts to ad hominem when his cartoon for little kids is rightly called a cartoon for little kids
Why am I not surprised at this.
>Post your favourite anime
No, and I won't validate you.
>>
File: 1690406518515116.jpg (301 KB, 1410x1653)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
How does one get this mindbroken
>>
File: file.png (1.12 MB, 1450x875)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>269131710
>No MY image is real data, yours is fake because...it just is ok!
>Crunchyroll page
Lmao, update on your "Crunchyroll" image Jimbo
>>
File: file.png (101 KB, 761x295)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>269131710
Btw here is your "analyst"
>>
File: 1694111019175.jpg (1.38 MB, 5481x1244)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>269131915
Keep browsing desuarchive all day Mamasista, I have the receipts and dara don't care about your fees-fees
>>
>>269131793
I already explained why content ratings do not equal "intended audience age".
I already explained that it could be packed full of blood and gore and would still be classified as a "kids show".
>>
File: happy senshi.gif (901 KB, 406x422)
901 KB
901 KB GIF
>>269118296
KnY does a large number of little things that you don't really notice which all add up to make it very pleasant.
It has an MC who is kind in a pleasant way that's shown rather than told to you which makes him endearing. He gets sad over the demons he fights but unlike some other shonen heroes he WILL still kill them and knows he has to do so. The chosen one plot thread that's so common is also a red herring, and his bloodline has only the most minor of connections to Yoriichi. Yoriichi himself is also genuinely the strongest character in KnY and nobody comes close, with Tanjiro himself only managing to hit Hashira level by the final arc rather than him being super strong earlier on. The animation and OST are stellar despite memes with the Bollywood segments so even if you dislike the plot you have something nice to look at, while the plot itself is simple yet doesn't spoonfeed you every detail. It leaves details for attentive readers/watchers to figure out early like Yoriichi and Kokushibo's identities being seperate, or Kaigaku being in both Gyomei and Zenitsu's flashbacks. It's not an anime with any ONE thing that's god tier, it just does a lot of stuff well, and better than pretty much any other shonen. Best of all, it actually fucking ends, rather than sticking around for a thousand plus chapters or wasting a ton of time on random bullshit
>>
File: 1629879234822.jpg (79 KB, 640x599)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>269118296
>didn't worship blacks
>didn't simp for trannies
>becomes wildly successful
DSP_WOW.PNG
>>
>>269132268
And I already why you're wrong, newfag.

It's a kids show made for little kids, actual little kids in mind. No buts and no ifs. Dragon Ball is packed full of action and it's still made for little kids, Avatar the Last Airbender has genocide and it's still made for little kids. KnY is a kids show, deal with it.
>>
File: file.png (393 KB, 600x443)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
>>269132055
>MHA out of nowhere
We are talking about KnY being "forgotten", try to keep up
>>
>>269132296
And your shitty recap movies flopped two times in a row and got beat by Bob Marley and Michael B. Jordan, two blacks. And the next years when the soulless trilogy comes out, Hollywood will show you just how small and insignificant weebshit is in the grand scheme of things, lmao.
>>
>>269132359
You can at least provide an actual argument as for why its a kids show then. Becuase I've already proven your argument of content classification is invalid.
>>
>>269123441
>Noooo your anime should be bad like wan piss!
>>
File: file.png (1020 KB, 784x1145)
1020 KB
1020 KB PNG
>>269132282
Nasu describes it best.
There are some writers who take that view of life and death a little harder and make it more entertaining or explicit, but “Kimetsu no Yaiba” doesn’t treat death as entertainment. If you are cut down, you die. If your family is taken from you, your heart dies. It treats it as something quite natural. It’s dry and full of impermanence, but it’s also trying to convey very sincerely what we should do and how we should think in the face of such difficulties.

The manga is full of both good and bad people, but the reason why you don’t feel disgusted no matter where you look is because there is no ‘malicious intent to bring people down’ in the work. Even the greatest evil, the miserable, has no thought of wanting to defile others because they are happy. He is portrayed as an evil who simply wants to live. Read somewhere that Gotouge also studied literature in college though I'd take that with a grain of salt. Anime onlies owe it to themselves to pick up the manga for the narrator texts.
>>
File: 1717901404865251.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>269127459
footfags
>>
File: slayers.png (2.3 MB, 1920x1080)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
>>269127277
The one that doesn't dress like a hooker
>>
>>269118333
It's like Naruto but with all the fat trimmed off
>>
File: file.png (506 KB, 450x700)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>269132884
>The one that doesn't dress like a hooker
Reminder, Mitsuri had every opportunity to demand a new uniform but chose to dress like a harlot anyway.
>>
>>269127354
Tanjiro spent around 2 whole years training to cut a rock and even with his dad's dance he didn't mange to kill the main bad guy spider demon. There's also multiple training episodes and training flashbacks spread throughout KnY. If anything there is way too much training in KnY and you need to find better coping methods to deal with a simple story getting popular.
>>
>>269118296
Kino baby sister feet and sisbro dynamic.
>>
>>269132362
>>269131959
>>269132032
>He stopped replying
lmao
>>
>>269132491
I don't have to provide you argument for shit, I can just bring up the Eirin system and prove you wrong.
>PG12 (PG-12): Parental Guidance Requested. Some material may be unsuitable for children under 12. Parents are advised to accompany and give guidance for their children during the film. Films with this rating can influence elementary schoolers. May contain violent content, sexual content, use of drugs as well as underage drinking, smoking or driving. Horror movies usually get this rating.
>R15+ (R-15): Restricted to teenagers 15 and over only. Children and pre-teenagers under the age of 15 are banned from viewing the film. Films with this rating are strongly stimulating. May contain bullying, more violent content, more sexual content, more inappropriate language and criminal activity such as the yakuza and crimes of counterfeiting.
>R18+ (R-18): Restricted to adults only. Children and teenagers under the age of 18 are banned from viewing the film. Films with this rating are extremely stimulating. May contain glamorization and graphic depiction of violence, explicit sexual activity and glamorization of the use of drugs.

JJBA and CSM are both rated R18+, meanwhile Evangelion is R15+.

JJBA doesn't shy away from showing gore. There are numerous scenes where characters are maimed or killed in gruesome ways. KnY contains action scenes and some bloodshed, but the portrayal is relatively moderate and less graphic. CSM has sexual content and dark themes that doesn't make it kid friendly like the yakuza killing Denji's father and framing it as a suicide to keep Denji in debt which is too realistic compared to a group of hillbillies losing their families to demons which is removed far and removed from reality.

KnY is a kids show. You're watching kids show. Stop crying and deal with it, you're not watching some gritty fiction.
>>
>>269118296
The thighs helped
>>
>>269118296
It was a mid manga with a niche audience until it got an adaptation. Same with JJK really. I was there for both when the threads would die without reaching bump limit.
>>
>>269131771
Not really. Like they might have a tragic past, but the demon's they've become are never misunderstood, they're just monsters so far divorced from their former humanity that most of them can't even remember their past until the moment of their death.
>>
>>269133312
Anime as a whole is for kids. It's funny to see you geeks discriminate against each other.
>>
>>269132982
Off-screen training means nothing
Because whatever progression MC made during the 2 year timeskip when the sister was asleep happened off-screen and right at the beginning
If characters grow and gain new powers or get stronger but we don't see it, it feels cheap and unearned
Like the character just pulled a new powerup out of his ass and KnY does that all the time in the lamest way
Meanwhile, seeing a character struggle through intense training to be greatly rewarded with a new strength or power?
And then see that training pay off in battle?
Is immensely satisfying because we see the character earn it every step of the way; it's a payoff to their struggle but MC never really struggles actually none of the characters have to struggle
Show don't tell, people shat on Oda for always pulling the same old "oh but Luffy trained off-screen" excuse
Why should we give KnY an excuse for its asspulls?
>>
>>269132423
>shitty recap movies flopped two times
>shitty recap movies still making $50 million+
That is WAY too generous for shitty recap films that are basically sneak peaks. No media franchise alive has ever gotten away with that. Not even SpongeBob.
>>
>>269133865
Anime fans also has abnormally low standards and would waste their money watching the same rubbish only to be rewarded a 5 minute sneak peak to some new season that'll come out for free anyway lmao. I detest Hollywood, but anime companies are scummy as hell.
>>
File: 77197373_p0.jpg (1.53 MB, 4409x6443)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>269133333
Checked.
>>
>>269133312
>Parental Guidance Requested. Some material may be unsuitable for children under 12. Parents are advised to accompany and give guidance for their children during the film
So it's literally not made for children then, if children are suggested to have their parents accompanying them when watching.
>>
>>269118296
Simple but compelling story with tons of likeable characters, great designs and cool visual powers.
Doesn't waste time on irrelevant stuff.
Characters get fucked up giving a sense of danger.
God tier production made everything much better.
>>
>>269134457
And why am I not surprised I expected this answer from you.

No, the PG-12 rating indicates that some material may be inappropriate for children under 12, suggesting that parents should be cautious and might consider accompanying their children. However, it does not mean that the movie is not for children at all. The rating is intended to guide parents in making decisions about whether the content is suitable for their child based on their maturity level.

Harry Potter starting from the Goblet of Fire has a PG-13 rating, but the intended audience still includes children and was still designed to appeal to a younger audience first ans foremost. I can't believe I have to explain this shit.

KnY is a kids show, end of discussion. It's made for little kids in mind.
>>
File: 1696487386064360.jpg (1.18 MB, 1403x1984)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>269127277
Characters that wear skirts > Characters that don't wear skirts
>>
>>269134653
>And why am I not surprised I expected this answer from you.
Becuase you understand the logic and why you are wrong, yet continue to double down.
At the end of the day, classifications do not equal the creators intended audience.
>>
File: 1718593493496803.png (2.09 MB, 1920x1080)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
>>269133333
>>269134052
>>
>>269134653
>However, it does not mean that the movie is not for children at all
Exactly. Nor does it mean the shoe was created exclusively for children. I'm glad you've finally exhibited this logic.
>>
>>269134682
No, you don't and that's why you keep prattling in circles, because you just don't like to acknowledge that what you're watching, what you're enjoying and what you're caping is made for little kids in mind.

Harry Potter was made for little kids in mind, that didn't change even when the Goblet of Fire became PG-13. KnY was made for little kids in mind and that did not change even when it became a hit series among manchildren in denial like (You).

Don't put words in my mouth again.
>>
>>269131165
Write it.
The fanfic scene is still going strong.
>>
>>269132296
I remember laughing my ass off when I saw that going around.
Like, I know comic industry couldn't be compared to manga, but one title basically outselling the entire industry?
LOL.
>>
File: 1662569230242.gif (222 KB, 500x333)
222 KB
222 KB GIF
>>269132296
Comics has been a dying medium since the 80s, that's why you can only find them in specialty shops now. Marvel and DC just uses them as IP farms these days and your average comic writer writes a comic in hope it gets picked up for an adaptation so they write stories fine tuned for that possibility (i.e., Wanted, Kick Ass, etc). Manga outselling something that's had slumping sales for almost 50 years is fucking nothing and not the flex weebs think it is.

Now, to add some burn; MCU earns more in a year than the entire Japanese media industry altogether. That's manga, anime, games, novels, etc. And Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse alone outsells the entire Japanese box office.
>>
File: 1699901048039922.jpg (556 KB, 2854x2480)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
Demon slaying will always be kino
>>
>>269135364
I'm glad Frieren gave everyone a taste of what racism actually feels like.
>>
>a story where the first chapter shows the mc family brutally murdered
>Shows several monsters eating people
>Shows several characters dying in gruesome ways
>Where the main theme of the story is the inevitability of death, literally the big bad wants to avoid death at all cost
>Is a story intended for children
Idk about that chief.
>>
>>269136169
>in a magazine for elementary and middle schoolers
>>
>>269136169
But it's rated PG12 so it's for grade school kids.
>>
>>269136267
Devilman was published in a magazine for elementary and middle schoolers.
>>
Simple story.

Clean animation.

Great fights.

Cool characters.

Very much inspired by BLEACH.

The girls look tasty. Daki is just insatiable. I lust for her.
>>
>>269118296
no drama

straightforward

simple

That's all
>>
>>269134972
Maybe it’s just cause I remember growing up with them; the 2000s and early 2010s when comics as comics still felt relevant. at least in nerd-dom. Marvel Zombies, Civil War, Secret Invasion, M-Day. That whole shebang. Once the MCU became a cultural leviathan, the whole network of weird shit that made comics comics, got chopped away in favor of Brand Synergy^tm. They straight up butchered the IPs they didn’t own movie rights to (Fantastic Four, X-Men), so as to not give fuel to their competitors.
>>
>>269136634
This series is full of drama though. It feels like some cheesy early 2000s telenovella or a soap opera where the drama is cranked up to 11 when it's supposed to be a battle shounen. The saccharine melodrama is also mad cringe. Naruto and its influence did irreparable damage on the genre
>>
>>269127277
Right is very sexy and charming, but left has something that allures me, like some dommy mommy energy coming from her fake smile.
>>
>>269131067
Kimetsu no Yaiba outsold Hunter x Hunter. And Hunter x Hunter can't even break 100 million sales, so how is it the king? I also watched it, but do you really think your little opinion matters that much? Kimetsu no Yaiba does some things better than Hunter x Hunter imo
>>
>>269118296
It's good and simple, with very alluring animation
>>
>>269136802
What you're describing is it's emotional core and integrity that resonated to the entire nation of japan.
Your favorite shitshounen could never, which is why it flopped
>>
File: file.png (339 KB, 1920x1080)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
Favorite KnY fan animation? For me, it has to be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd2aWru1KtM

Not because it's technically very impressive (it really isn't compared to others, CGI looks awkward in many moments), but because it adapts a whole fight (with some things omitted) with good quality SE, voice acting and music.
>>
>>269118296
COVID + Ufotable, simple as. It reached its peak with Inifinity Train and will probably never hit those highs again.
>>
>>269140446
Infinity Fortress is better, more action-packed and more stakes
>>
>>269140481
1 movie during pandemic was one thing, but now you have 3 stretched between (at least) 3 years, when people have a much wider selection of things to watch + theater jail for those who won't/can't go to the theater. Aniplex will be lucky if the fully trilogy can beat IT sales.
>>
>>269118296
Pure chance + Eyecatching animation and visuals by ufotable
I could only ever manage to force myself to watch the first couple episodes of this, and it was one of the most boring shit I've ever seen. Literally nothing interesting happens.
>>
>>269140272
Kino, really good stuff, but I still have a soft spot mazumaro's Zenitsu vs Kaigaku that came out when the manga was still running
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOQAekNKK7M
>>
>>269140606
Infinity Fortress is what hyped people to reading the manga after the anime did its boost
Kimetsu no Yaiba reached 100 million because its final arc was intense
How the movie triology will do is still up in the air, but it won't flop for sure
>>
>>269140740
Considering ufotable killed the franchise after its latest shitty two seasons it will flop for sure. Kimetsu will be forgotten soon.
>>
>>269140754
Cope. The last segments of everyone teleporting to Infinity Fortress was pure hype, the internet blew up just from that alone
>>
>>269140778
>the internet blew up
You need to be at least 18 years of age to post here.
>>
File: 1711212358724.png (377 KB, 1024x1536)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>269139477
My favourite shounen could never, because unlike this shitty series, the few times it gets emotional it does it in a way that respects you. KnY's success is less because of good or unique writing and more because of cheap emotional blackmail that works on gullible morons like (You) and the rest of the NPCs that makes up for this soulless franchisees fanbase.

My favourite shounen will keep on living into the future, while yours will die and fade off into obscurity the moment Ufotable are done trying to pathetically milk it.
>>
>>269141064
Even 4ch/a/n blew up, lad. Where have you been?
>>
>>269141183
>Dragon Ball
Lmao, senile oldfags never will be not funny.
>>
>>269141183
Mental Illness. Toriyama doesn't respect his fans, if he does he won't even put his name on Super.
>>
>>269140272
Damn, it's awkward CGI but the direction for some of those scenes is amazing. Also the voice actors should've done the English dub of KnY
>>
this thread feels like a deja vu
same shit every single time
>It's shit
>It's good
>NOOOO IT'S SHIT
>kEK NAH IT'S GOOD ACTUALLY
>IT'S THE ANIME
>IT RANKED WELL BEFORE ANIME
>>
>>269141296
>oldfags
Everybody loves Dragon Ball. COPE
>>
>>269122098
Why do people mention FMA as if that's some benchmark for success?
>>
>>269141494
Yeah, everyone but the creator, who chose to sell-out. It's hard to love a work whose author doesn't seem to love it, or at least respect it.
>>
>>269118953
Because fucking F/N has more words than the bible
>>
It's a no bullshit story that manages to end before it overstays its welcome, with a great anime adaptation. I can see someone despising the manga though, the art is really shit at times, even proportions are off.
>>
>>269136660
No, by that point the industry was already struggling, no one outside comic circles know what any of that shit Is.
>>
>>269134972
>t-t-that doesn't count
>IT JUST DOESN'T OKAY?!

ARE YOU OK
ARE YOU OK
ARE YOU OK TRANNY
>>
File: locked in.jpg (70 KB, 1200x675)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
This shot alone was the best part of the entie season.
>Everyone falling and panicking
>Zenitsu, the biggest coward of all, is the only one who's calm and fully prepared to avenge his master
The only way ufotable could've improved it was flip the shot so that it looks like he's ascending rather than falling.
>>
>>269141296
Dragon Ball will always be synonymous with anime and manga. It has achieved everything and set a standard no other franchise will ever achieve.

Survived for 10+ years with no anime, yours can barely even hold itself when there's no anime around. Dragon Ball is Shueisha's most lucrative IP, making billions of dollars from alone gacha game and there's currently an on-going battle for the IP. And whenever they have Jump Fiesta's, DB's booth always beats out every other franchise combined.

Series like KnY comes and goes. Dragon Ball will outlast everything. It outlived its competitors back then, it will outlive the 2010s zoomer shounen and it will outlive (You).
>>269141310
Toriyama was always honest about what he made, it's just a fun comic about a monkey man beating the crap out of other people. That didn't change back then and it didn't change now. Dragon Ball is a story that knows what it is and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

It doesn't try to sell you a moral, it doesn't try to get philosophical and it doesn't have a theme. Arcs are mostly self-contained so you can just open up the manga and choose any arc without having to re-read everything prior for context. Emotional moments pack a punch without having to force them down your throat.

This series also aged really well for its time because now we're in an era where everything has to be "emotionally moving" for the characters to sell to faggots and women instead of just a simple exchange and letting their fists do the talk. Dragon Ball is like watching sports, you won't learn anything deep or anything of value but it's fun to watch a couple of Africans and Mexicans throw a ball around.
>>
>>269142236
Meds, lol
>>
>>269142236
So? Dragon Ball is its own, and Kimetsu no Yaiba is its own thing too. They're just different flavors of shounen. Kimetsu no Yaiba is already a household name in Japan at this point. Dragon Ball was a product of its time, and its why it's so big right now. But Kimetsu no Yaiba is a modern classic in its true form, an anomaly that managed to attract audiences even in this era that Dragon Ball couldn't get. Kimetsu no Yaiba will be remembered in Japan after 100 years from now
>>
>>269134676
based leg fetishist
>>
Unfortunately I cannot bring myself to watch this shit nbecause the author confirmed the breathing magic stuff happening are literally just visual and not really powers.
I mean, it's a demon filled magic world. Why the fuck would you say this as author? Just let it be a bit of magic.
>>
>>269142421
Demons have every advantage and get to have supernatural powers because they're demons.
Humans are just humans running on the indomitable human spirit and pure martial ability. It'd undermine how kino it is if humans had powers too.
>>
>>269142421
Only autismos care. The anime shits all over that with how their elemental attacks do damage to entities and surroundings from range.
>>
>>269118296
>Japan culture from 1800s
>Good vs Evil
>Myths
>Weak to Strong
>Gushing blood + violence
>Running gags
>Muscles
>Fighting
>>
>>269141911
I loved how it felt like the actual MC got his arc off screen
>>
>>269142350
Legacy builds up and culminates over a period of time when the subject itself is no longer in the equation. Dragon Ball had built itself such a reputation over time that even with a subpar film like Super Hero, people would storm the theatre to watch it just because it's Dragon Ball.

KnY isn't a classic, because the anime is still running so we won't know how well it would age with time. Selling millions of units alone doesn't make a series a classic and it's very telling that they're making three movies for a single fucking arc. They're running out of steam and are desperate to stay relevant. Also, this series doesn't really have any spin-off potential, there's just not much to tell about. It's a one-off series.
>Kimetsu no Yaiba will be remembered in Japan after 100 years from now
Japan is already having trouble repopulating, half of the country won't even be here after 100 years, lol.
>>
File: 1707095519017554.jpg (112 KB, 1235x1235)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>269140272
This guy is insanely dedicated and creative; he's now doing Douma and Akaza's fights, and he'll probably finish them before the first movie is out. Wonder how he'll improve Douma's in particular and how his creative decisions will stack up to what ufotable's staff cooked, since the manga fight is kinda mediocre compared to the other three.
>>
>>269138149
>muh sales
Now you sound like a butthurt Wan Piss salesfag. Well, at least OPfags can brag about their manga selling like hotcakes because they earned it fair and square for almost 30 years. Your series is piggybacking off from Ufotable and it can barely even keep up the momentum because now there's more competition than ever and a wider selection of things to watch that has more to offer than this series. Mugen Train was only successful due to special circumstances.
>>
>>269142831
>Well, at least OPfags can brag about their manga selling like hotcakes because they earned it fair and square for almost 30 years
>30 years
Kimetsu no Yaiba only ran for 4 years
>>
>Jeremy pretending he wasn't btfo and ignoring the evidence that KnY wasn't forgotten in this very thread
Don't ignore the truth, it'll set you free (via the rope)
>>
>>269142736
By your metric, only Dragon Ball can be called a classic because of its legacy worldwide. People fellate Berserk or Bepop while being elitist about it despite them being just a vocal minority and deeming it as a classic despite not even breaking any records with their franchise

Kimetsu no Yaiba is a modern classic for sure
>>
>>269142520
>Only autismos care. The anime shits all over that with how their elemental attacks do damage to entities and surroundings from range.
And this is exactly why I can't watch this shit. It's straight up garbage when you know it's not actually existing but somehow hits the enemy anyway. Retard author, of course it had to be a woman.
>>
>>269143234
And that's why I know you have autism. Why do you even watch/read fiction if you know its can never be real anyways?
>>
>>269143234
So you first complain the author wouldn't let there be magic but when the anime takes some liberty to make it magic it's also bad? At least choose your hill to die on.

FYI, the manga mostly sticks to the "it's an illusion" shtick 95% of the time, and anime does so well, it's only the added content that disrespects it.
>>
>>269143307
But the anime explicitly doesn't make it magic. The author, when talking about the anime, explicitly says the effects are there for visuals and the enemy does not see it nor does it exist. it's just to look pretty. Most of their powers make zero sense when you call it just human strength and technique. Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>269118296
100% infinity fortress arc
Sole reason it become insanely popular
>>
>>269142985
Nice strawman and ad populum you pulled there. A series can sell millions of units but still be forgotten if it doesn't leave a lasting impact. Legacies grow and gain recognition after the fact and Dragon Ball is a perfect example—it continues to draw crowds 30 years after the manga ended and 18 years after GT ended before Super aired because it has become a worldwide sensation, not just because it sells well.

Also, Berserk has always been widely considered a cult classic but the fans are definitely not a "vocal minority" like you make it seem. It has always been a "you just got into anime and want something mature" thing for years, it's popular among normalfags. And Cowboy Bebop is the ultimate entry level show, people still talk about it 25 years later and made a live action series based around it.
>>
>>269143352
Just think of all the effects as them extremely swiftly parrying and swining, that easy
>>
>>269143360
Nope, thanks to the anime and word-of-mouth. Some of the people who watched Mugen Train, didn't watch the first season or read the manga until after. Infinity Castle's success is a byproduct to the anime.

>Regarding the series' sudden huge success, Weekly Shōnen Jump editor-in-chief Hiroyuki Nakano stated that the manga sales shot up straight after its anime adaptation finished, explaining that a large number of people watched the series through streaming services after it ended rather than watching it weekly. Nakano also stated that currently is harder for a manga series running in the magazine to become a hit, and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba despite having started in February 2016, did not became a major hit until late 2019, adding that its "success hinged on word of mouth generated after the anime's run".

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2020-02-11/jump-editor-in-chief-explains-what-unusual-about-demon-slayer-success/.156186
>>
>>269143483
>And Cowboy Bebop is the ultimate entry level show, people still talk about it 25 years later and made a live action series based around it.

>And Kimetsu no Yaiba is the ultimate entry level show, people still talk about it 25 years later and made a live action series based around it.

This is going to be the statement later down the line
>>
>>269118296
mainstream material, stylish animaton, nips have horrible taste
>>
>>269118953
Saber was not a draw unlike Tanjiro. Japanese kids see him as their role model.
>>
>>269118296
Simplicity. It didn't need to pull 100 plot twists for it to be entertaining. Tanjiro wasn't the chosen one.
>>
>>269143538
>nips have horrible taste
Why is the world going crazy about their media then? To the point that even punks like are in the board based on their pop culture?
>>
>>269134676
Mouth watering
>>
>>269118296
Because it's a series full of hope. Tanjiro is a very morally upright and unwavering character in a world where shonen MCs are constantly battling their dark side and losing control of themselves. It's honestly refreshing how KnY is played straight and that the heroes are heroic.
>>
Final battle arc is amazing and could easily go toe to toe with classics like JoJo part 3, DBZ and Hokuto no Ken, if it weren't for the dogshit art that is.
It's still an amazingly written final battle arc, no fucking around whatsoever.
>>
>>269143786
That part where the lower-ranks ganged up on Muzan to become meatshields just to buy them a few seconds was insane honestly
>>
>>269143786
>muzan's tentacle fest
nah, boring
>>
>>269143555
MC absolutely is the chosen one since he's the only living character who knows how to use Sun Breath while the others can't because of reasons. And the story also made a point that the Hashira shitters hasn't killed a single Upper Moon for a century until the MC along, then they finally made some progression. And he's also the first one to awaken the Mark, X-ray vision and the Crimson Blade. Spare me your cope, tourist.

And there's nothing wrong plot twists, it's a narrative tool that's only good as the author makes it out to be. Plot twists are just one tool of many to make a story more interesting and avoid boredom or cliches.
>>269143596
Western audiences has always fetishized Japanese culture and views it as an exotic country in the far east due to its uncanny culture like samurai, bushido and whatnot which leads to a selective interest in stories from that region.

Other countries aren't seen as some exotic paradise to live out your weeb fantasies, even though many other countries has history that's richer and culture that's more interesting than the Japanese.
>>269143677
>Tanjiro is a very morally upright and unwavering character
And that makes him and by association, his series boring. He has no personality other than being nice. He has no interesting backstory other than being some hillbilly from out of nowhere. He has compelling motivations that I hadn't heard already. And worse yet, he's he's never challenged. See, I like series full of hope too, where good triumphs over evil, but I like them in a way where goodness triumphs because those who believed in it struggled to prevail against those who did not. I prefer heroes fighting over ideals, not heroes who won because it turns out the universe is governed by an absolute morality that the hero just happened to have in spades. This is where Rurouni Kenshin and Trigun succeeded where KnY failed.
>>
>>269143786
The best part is that you're on the edge of toes because there really is no guarantee that anyone's making it out of there. Muzan invalidates whatever plot armor all the characters have, so it's a straight up Last Man Standing match.
>>
>>269143908
>This is where Rurouni Kenshin and Trigun succeeded where KnY failed.
That's not what reality says. Kimetsu no Yaiba as a series is bigger than that two, people of Japan recognized Kimetsu's writing and its emotional core resonates with them. That's why it broked records and not any other series at this time
Tanjiro is more popular than Kenshin or Vash
>>
File: 1697678426616129.png (22 KB, 245x224)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>269143908
I don't know how to tell you this man, but you are the minority. KNY is extremely popular despite your issues with it and your assertion that it's boring tripe. I mean, if you prefer this alternate reality where everyone hates it in favor of shit that ended 20 years ago, then go ahead
>>
>>269143786
Nope. KnY's final "battle" was one of the worst final battles I've seen in recent memories because it was clearly stretched to squeeze out another tankoubon.

The entire Muzan fight lasted 19 chapters and there was no variety. The entire fight is just him standing there flailing around like an epileptic, characters getting hit, getting up to fight again, rinse and repeat.

DBZ's final battles where short and to the point, Naruto vs Sasuke was also short too but the author filled out as much as he could in those short chapters, and it's one of the best final fights and the redeeming quality of the War arc.
>>
The Mugen Train movie was insane, honestly. People still remember Rengoku till this day in the latest season in 2024, despite jaded faggots parroting that the characters are one-off or paper thin, they still remained in the consciousness of the people and beloved
>>
>>269144086
Your opinions are terrible. Please stop preaching them like we give a shit
>>
>>269144095
>People still remember Rengoku till this day in the latest season in 2024
You think the manga (and the anime especially) jerking him off every chance it gets, even though he's been gone since S2, may be a contributing factor? I mean for fuck's sake, the last episode had an omake of his ghost breaking the 4th wall and wishing the heroes success in the final battle. The pedestal couldn't be any higher.

Keep in mind, I have an okay opinion of both the KnY manga and the anime, but some things about the writing and directing really get on my nerves
>>
>>269144086
Naruto's final arc and DBZ's final arc was fucking dragged out to the lowest depth of hell, Infinity Fortress pacing is lightning-fast in comparison. Fuck you
And, Kimetsu's final arc also has a semblance of stakes and pressure in it. Naruto and DBZ was all full of asspulls that brought characters again to life to the point that its obnoxious, just so they can blatantly squeeze another tankoubon
IF Kimetsu was written by Kishimoto, Yoriichi would have no doubt been revived by some bullshit for sure
>>
>>269144206
I'd like to unsubscribe from your blog if you don't mind.
>>
>>269144228
>immediately deflects when faced with criticism
This is why you fags are so obnoxious. All it took is a 7/10 shounen getting a god-tier adaptation for you to sing its praises to high heaven like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Inb4 you call me Jeremy or something.
>>
>>269144206
>Keep in mind, I have an okay opinion of both the KnY manga and the anime, but some things about the writing and directing really get on my nerves
There's no such thing as a perfect series, in fact, even the classics you love to fellate so much is full of bullshit that needs trimming down. And that's why Kimetsu no Yaiba managed to make it big at this times, really. The Big 3 were honestly just padded out which made them boring, those series just sell well over the years because they try to be relevant by having a long-running anime and staying in the conciousness of people, but their content itself is extremely unappealing to read about
Kimetsu no Yaiba cuts out the bullshit and shows people what they want to see in an instant, to keep their attention and excitement. That's why it managed it take over manga that ran for decades in terms of sales and readership, despite running for so short in comparison
>>
>>269144273
I don't care who you are, you're an annoying faggot
>>
>>269143985
Ah, yes. More ad populum, because KnYfags immediately goes to MUH SALES and MUH MOST SUCCESSFUL COMIC OF ALL TIME copes whenever their children's comic is criticized.

Well, if we go by your logic, then Luffy alone is a better written character than any of the paper-thin non-characters from KnY.
>OP has sold 523 million, making it the best-selling manga of all time
>OP has surpassed Batman and become the 2nd best selling comic in human history, it's also on its way outsell Superman and will inevitably become the best-selling comic in human history
>OP gets a $200 million live action show, debuted with 18.5 million views and #1 title globally on Netflix with 37.8 million views in less than two weeks since its release and became a smash international hit, set to get multiple seasons
>>269144039
It's popular for the same reason the piece of shit manga you're using for a reaction image is popular. It came out in a time with no competition and aggressive marketing. You honestly think your shitshounen would stand a chance up against the Big 3 in an era before social media became commonplace? Especially that piece of shit JJK, that you are posting? No. People would tear it apart even more back then for being a straight-up copy of Nartuto and Bleach while still bringing nothing to the table.

Your shitshounen will fade off into obscurity the moment they finally end. Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and I'd even argue, Bleach, will outlast everything. When humans have gone extinct and aliens take over, Dragon Ball, Naruto and One Piece will stay as proof that humans existed. Yours will be forgotten not even a tear after they end.
>>
>>269144086
Wrong
I don't even need to elaborate
>>
>>269144333
Seething lmao
>>
>>269144333
>It came out in a time with no competition and aggressive marketing. You honestly think your shitshounen would stand a chance up against the Big 3 in an era before social media became commonplace?
Kimetsu no Yaiba came out in the time where One Piece is still running on WSJ. And One Piece got demolished, OPfags cried everywhere
In the span that Oda wrote Wano and Togashi was taking a shit in his shower, Getouge wrote Kimetsu no Yaiba and engraved her name in manga history and broke records unprecedented. Why was it that Kimetsu no Yaiba did this and not other series? Simple. Because Kimetsu no Yaiba is actually better that what came before it
>>
>>269144279
Point to me where I mentioned Naruto, Bleach, One Piece or any other shounen. We're talking about Kimetsu, right? The insecurity is so real fans literally cannot help themselves but bring up other series.

Anyway, I don't really care about sales, I care about good writing, and Kimetsu on numerous occasions trips and falls on tired shounen cliches to patch out things in the story. Its insane popularity means that whatever faults the original had, you can be sure ufotable will compound upon with staff who think they know better and straight up milking of the IP by padding the seasons. I hope for your sake the movies will be worth the triple theater jail.
>>269144287
Same to you bud.
>>
File: 1697203953594.png (1.06 MB, 959x1400)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>269144212
KnY doesn't have stakes, so fuck you and fuck your gaslight. Undeveloped side characters dying isn't stakes like your underage brain thinks it is, and characters dying becomes in and of itself predictable since they mainly exist to raise up the corpse, and that's pretty much the entirety of Infinity Castle, it's predictable shit. At no point did I think MC or his friends were going to lose because they get help from ghosts who constantly butt in the story whenever convenient. It's very telling that the author awkwardly tried to cram in every single character's sob stories in the final arc, because they were all bland.

"Muh stakes" is nullified by the trash reincarnation ending giving every good guy who died a happy ending because the author is a coward and afraid of backlash.

Even before the final arc, there was no stakes and when the author could have done something interesting with the sister and actually challenge the MC? She was just asspulled into being immune to the sun.
>>
>>269144429
>Point to me where I mentioned Naruto, Bleach, One Piece or any other shounen. We're talking about Kimetsu, right? The insecurity is so real fans literally cannot help themselves but bring up other series.
I just mentioned how other series also has that infuriating parts you mentioned, and is actually even worse than KnY

>Anyway, I don't really care about sales, I care about good writing, and Kimetsu on numerous occasions trips and falls on tired shounen cliches to patch out things in the story. Its insane popularity means that whatever faults the original had, you can be sure ufotable will compound upon with staff who think they know better and straight up milking of the IP by padding the seasons. I hope for your sake the movies will be worth the triple theater jail.
Midwit speak. They always say these, but cry when their pseudshit flopped
>>
>>269118296
mass hysteria over the anime
the manga is subhuman tier, written by a troon (a biological male pretending to be a woman)
>>
Hang it up Jeremy, it's over.
>>
>>269144483
>KnY doesn't have stakes
Stopped reading here. Kill yourself, retard
Reading KnY's final arc made me actually worry about whether Tanjiro himself will live by the end of the arc
It was actually intense full of desperation, and not just powerlevel wank. Your favorite shitshounen could never
>>
>>269144536
Kys troon loving spic. Your "Jeremy" meme will never exist outside your shit skin safe spaces.
>>
>>269144501
>I just mentioned how other series also has that infuriating parts you mentioned, and is actually even worse than KnY
Yeah, and I actually despise many of those classics, including the Big 3 you mentioned explicitly. Good on you to assume what I like, huh?
>Midwit speak. They always say these, but cry when their pseudshit flopped
God, the projection is so real. Amazing how you already know I'm seething because my "pseudshit" (whatever that means) didn't make it big, as if that's the sole criteria the quality of a work should be judged upon. It's incredible how delusional KnY fans can be relative to how inoffensive their series is.
>>
>>269120284
My brother showed me a bit of it.
>fighting spider guy
>cant cut him
>cHaNgE mY bReAtHiNg!!!
>sword inexplicably becomes sharper
>not an actual sword technique
>not magic
>not hamon or some shit
>it just works

fuck this stupid ass show and anyone (outside of my brother) who enjoys it.
>>
>>269118296
Incest
>>
>>269144630
>Watch one episode
>Don't like It
>Get angry about It for some reason
>>
>>269144630
You should be more like your brother
>>
>>269144616
>Yeah, and I actually despise many of those classics, including the Big 3 you mentioned explicitly. Good on you to assume what I like, huh?
Yeah, but someone mentioned Naruto earlier so I just brought it up

"Writing" can be extremely subjective though. Saying that I judge a series based on the writing as if you're so sure of yourself is the first sign of being a midwit.
>>
Huh. So is this why we don't have Demon Slayer threads?
>>
>>269144739
Many generals are like this. Demon Slayer is pretty unique in having such shitty threads even when it's not airing.
>>
>>269144566
Just like KnY will never exist outside of small community corners if you spam it enough times right? Now which cope would you like to use next? The no influence one? Haven't seen that one in a while. Entertain me a little longer.
>>
>>269144417
Thanks to the anime, yes. Not as a thanks to the manga and the hideous art as Nakano affirmed:
>Nakano also stated that currently is harder for a manga series running in the magazine to become a hit, and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba despite having started in February 2016, did not became a major hit until late 2019, adding that its "success hinged on word of mouth generated after the anime's run".
One Piece is sitting on the top because Oda earned everything fair and square in a time where he had to compete with Naruto, Bleach, HxH, JJBA and Death Note. Your shitshounen came out in a time where Jump was at an all-time low, whose only competitors were Boku no Hero (lol), Black Clover (lmao) and Dr. Stone (rofl). This is like bragging about winning the Special Olympics.

One Piece is the only anime to get a live action that succeeded where the others failed. Oda is also the only mangaka from this generation that can be compared with greats like Toriyama and Tezuka because One Piece can't be soullessly aped.

Going by your logic, One Piece's unparalleled makes it the golden standard for manga and storytelling.
>>
>>269144739
When the op is something along the lines of "Why thing popular?" It usually ends in shitflinging.
>>
>>269144880
Come on, dude, don't give us OnePiecefags a bad name
>>
>>269144713
>"Writing" can be extremely subjective though. Saying that I judge a series based on the writing as if you're so sure of yourself is the first sign of being a midwit.
Writing is not subjective at all, it can be quantified in ways that lets you evaluate it quite objectively. A series that repeatedly errs on its internal consistency can be objectively called bad, the more it does so the worse it gets. Dropped plot points are objectively bad, ditto; I can go on and on with other examples, but you get it.

These parameters let you judge a story much better than empty statements like "this villain is too cartoony" or "these character designs are bland". It lets you filter out the style for the substance, which is one of the ingredients of a "classic", allowing you to independently see for yourself if it lives up to its reputation or not.
>>
>>269144559
>final arc
That's the thing. How many "important" characters did they kill before the final arc? Just Rengoku, and that's it. They wait until the final arc because the story is nearly wrapped up, so it's the safest time to kill characters. If it actually had stakes, it would have killed half the pillars before the final arc even started, and several of the main characters. Inosuke and Zenitsu would have both died. Frankly, too many characters survived. You don't know what stakes are if you think Kimetsu has any. At least JJK has the balls to kill main characters throughout the story. If your story only gets serious when it's about to end, then it never had stakes.
>>
>>269144880
Oh the ole shounen console war deflection approach. A classic Jeremy angle. With a sprinkle of "that doesn't count".
>>
>>269145083
Most midwit post I've read this day, the classics that you've heard about will most likely not live up to the hype since they're manga aim for kids

Dragon Ball for one is a big example, the creator of this didn't think that a 30 year old manchild will be examining his doodles when he thought up of his series about aliens screaming about their energy blasts
>>
>>269145245
>most likely not live up to the hype
most likely not live up to the hype you've conjured in your head*
>>
>>269145245
>b-but it's for kids
We've reached peak shounenshit discussion.
>>
>>269144805
Stop projecting you mentally ill shitskin. No one has actually said KnY is unpopular, that's just your street shitting strawman. 9/10 popular works in every form of media is worthless trash. Only soulless subhuman troon lovers like you "think" otherwise.

>Avengers is a masterpiece bloody basterd bitch Jeremy!!!
No one will remember Avengers a generation from now. No one will remember Troonmetsu no Troonba a generation from now. If they make an anime original Boruto style (with generic slop writers = automatically superior to the troon who made the original) it will be remembered instead. The only difference being that Natuto is actually an unironic classic compared to Troonmetsu.

>shitskin who earns 1 dollar a day is now telling all of his shirskin kid pals to mass report "Jeremy" who "outed himself" itt

Like I said. You will never be part of /a/. You are not a man, but you will never be a woman either. Although you are biologically male, just like the author of your dogshit maga.

Will save this as a pasta btw
>>
>>269144559
It was intense in jackshit, you gullible underage. All of the "fights" just flashbacks, last minute powerups and conveniences and those happen in KnY all the time. It was this way from the beginning and it didn't do anything different in the final arc. And sometimes the flashbacks do the opposite and depower certain characters.
>muh poison with 4 effects
>muh demon king tanjiro twist
>acksually muh poison had a 5th effects teehee
The reincarnation ending was also just chickenshit. The author wanted the shock value of an "everyone dies" ending, but je was too soft to not give them a happy ending as well and too cowardly after realizing how bad the backlash from the fanbase. I'd rather have an ending where a wizard shows up and revive everyone than the story pretending like it lost something, because this series played it safe the whole way through anyway
>>
>>269145109
>If your story only gets serious when it's about to end, then it never had stakes.
It's not about to end, you retard. It's the final battle determining the fate of humanity, that's exactly where the stakes should be. A stakes that exists just to subvert your retarded expectations is also not a stake, but cheap shock value like in JJK or CSM. The stakes in Kimetsu is there to build up the rising intensity of the situation
>>
>>269145289
Kiketsu no SHITba is not even for kids. I wouldn't like it even as a 9 year old. I never fell for Wan Piss either, I hated 75% of it from the very first arc of the anime and predicted correctly that Luffy is a dogshit self insert for 3rd worlders and mutts.
>>
>>269145384
Bet you like Naruto, cringe incarnate. Believe it
>>
>>269145370
I can't feel immersed in the story if I already know that the characters are going to win at the end. Stakes come from not knowing if the protagonist will win or not. I never once felt like Tanjiro was in danger despite the demons he was facing. If there are stakes, then how come I felt the way I did?
>>
>>269145330
>The reincarnation ending was also just chickenshit.
That's not what happened. It has been the themes from the very start, you retard
Which is why Tanjiro kills demons mercilessly, but still weep for their sins and hope they'd be better in their reincarnation
You might be the underage who doesn't pick up on the themes and beliefs that fuels a series, or maybe, the shit you like is so shallow that there's nothing to pick up on it
>>
>>269145464
NTA, but stakes are for the rest of the cast. At worst the closest person to the MC will die, but even that's rare. Shounens where the MC dies (and it's a done deal, not isekais or getting a new form BS) are extremely rare.
>>
>>269145464
Probably because you're dumb or autistic, maybe both
>>
>>269145109
The fact that you think JJK killing Nobara and Gojo was stakes and not Gege throwing characters he didn't care about out because he couldn't narratively make them work tells me all I need to know.
>>
>>269145428
Nope, Naruto is same trash tier as Luffy. Both are better than Trannjiro btw
>>
>>269145539
Cringe
>>
>>269144805
He's reaching critical mass
>>
Honestly, I never watched the Big 3 since their anime is so shit. And I'm also part of the generation that grew up with it

If your anime isn't full-blown cinematic quality like Demon Slayer, then just get your sorry ass outta my sight. No one wants to watch poor powerpoint presentation scribbles in their screen for entertainment
>>
>>269145317
Not reading all that. Proud of you though or sorry that happened.
>>
>>269145626
Meant for >>269145317. Please forgive me >>269144805
>>
>>269118296
Likable characters with good morals
>>
I liked the fights. I dunno.
>>
>>269145650
You tell em bro, fr fr
>>
>>269145822
Any in particular?
>>
>>269145490
>That's not what happened
That's exactly what happened, you underage monkey. The reincarnation is trash because in many good manga like Phoenix and Houseki no Kuni where the reincarnation element is just an allegory to convey a theme, KnY's "themes" are literally just pop culture themes. It's not deep, it's not profound, it's just shallow over-sentimental bullshit. Literally just all the dead people brought back to life. Same appearance, same siblings, same scars and so on. The author is a coward who played it safe the whole through and only killed one character then when the final arc was around the corner it was the safest time to kill characters. Shock value for the shock value, again, chickenshit
>>
>>269145947
Wrong on all accounts, you mongoloid. You didn't read shit.
>>
>>269145525
I don't give a shit about the side characters, because you don't actually learn anything about them until the final arc where the author awkwardly tried to cram in everything about them because he realized he fucked up by not letting them be more active in the story and waiting until the final arc where you finally start to kill characters is playing safe.

It's a manga that plays it safe the whole way through and takes no risks.
>>
>>269146022
Wrong again, monkey. I made the mistake of reading this shitty manga, otherwise, I wouldn't even bother giving this thread any attention. Your manga is as wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle.
>>
>>269118296
It has my wife Susumaru
>>
>>269118296
the masses are easily impressed by slightly above average animation even if the story and character are complete and utter garbage
probably the same reason why the trash frieren is so popular too
>>
>>269118296
Dunno but I enjoyed it immensely when I was reading it back in 2018 with /a/. The fact that it's success makes retards left and right seethe is a bonus.
>>
>>269145124
Nice to see you assume that I like One Piece, so I'm just here to start some console war. And you're backpeddaling too when I turn your words against you.

Going by your hilariously nonsensical and irrelevant point, One Piece is peak fiction and Luffy is the golden standard of a well-written character, because One Piece is a juggernaut franchise and dominates the market. It has won every accolade in every category. It's the best-selling manga of all time, it's the second best-selling comic in human history and it's the only anime series that got a live action show that succeeded and became a worldwide sensation while the others failed.

Going by your logic, if Tanjiro is a better written character than Kenshin and Vash because his series sold more than theirs, then Luffy is a better written character than Tanjiro and pretty much every single manga character that exists, past and present.

Your series is literally a mice compared to One Piece.
>>
>>269146268
Whomst is getting mad at KnY for political reasons? Do they have an arc that takes place in occupied Korea or something?
>>
>>269145903
Rengoku and Uzui (after he rejoins the fight). Peak.
>>
File: 1686490859466984.jpg (169 KB, 640x1260)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>269146524
Chinks. They censored Tanjiro's earrings from day 1 because it reminds them of Imperial Japan's flag. Nobody really cares or remembers these days, Chinese censorship is garbage even when it's not political.
>>
>>269146493
Kimetsu beat One Piece on yearly sales by five times back when Mugen Train times though. Kenshin or Vash didn't. Tanjiro managed to do a feat that can only be done in his time, and that's to break One Piece streak at Oricon
>>
you guys are fucking weird
>>
If Kenshin is so much better than Tanjiro, how come his remake still flopped in these times? Most of the arguments has always been "muh no competition" is how Kimetsu got it big, but when these classics resurfaced, they still can't beat Kimetsu no Yaiba in popularity
>>
>>269146650
I mean the show literally takes place in imperial Japan during the time when they occupied Korea. I bet none of this would be an issue if Japan's political class was allowed to say the army and the navy did some oopsies when they were imitating the west and stopped honoring Yasukuni Shrine.
>>
>>269144095
Rengoku gets a lot of emphasis because he was genuinely well liked person among all the pillars and the kamadoboko & because at that point he's the only person we've seen to actually ease Tanjiro's psychological burden as eldest son.
Like I don't think it's a coincidence we see Tanjiro most vulnerable when he fell asleep on Aniki's shoulder in Mugen. A good deal of it is just train demon's technique, but the reason if you dig is because Tanjiro himself hasn't had anyone to rely to model after as a younger man/ son since his father died.
Waking up was literally his father's ghost confronting him and telling him "you know what to do" and Tanj having to kill himself in his dream. Reality is a heavy responsibility where the people he needs aren't there ( his family, his dad) & he has to make do, while the dream was comforting and what he wanted to go back to ( a place where everyone is in a sense, Nezuko fully herself etc.).
But like that desire for & reaching to comfort doesn't come from no where, it's also because Rengoku made him feel like it was ok for a bit to seek it because he's there, he's strong & seemingly unbreakable. He's Aniki.

Tldr: Tanj tusting rengoku & trains events imo is one of the most clear picture of how the pain of what muzan did was eating at him. The other scene that shows it best is Nezuko's one year coma and him breaking down once he finally saw her wake up. If we consider these two events as the main ones where Tanj actually lets himself be vulnerable to the losses in his life, yeah it makes sense why he gets hung up on Rengoku & why Rengoku gets so much emphasis. Because even in that short time, Tanj felt and believed he could depend on and care for kyojuro as much as his own family that he deeply misses & it's reopening that same wound when Akaza kills him.
>>
>>269146670
I don't care about Oricon, take it up to someone else who cares like the WSJ threads. What I do care is that One Piece is the best-selling manga of all time, holds the Guinness World Record for it, actually.

Actually, scratch that. One Piece holds 3 records registered in the Guinness World Records, the first in 2015 for being the comic book with the most copies published in the world by a single author, the second in 2022, reaffirming its own record, for having surpassed more than 500 million of copies sold worldwide, thus being the best-selling manga in the world and consequently surpassing Spider-Man and Batman in worldwide sales, and the third in 2023, given to a Hong Kong fan for having the largest One Piece memorabilia ever recorded.

Going by your logic, One Piece is the golden standard all manga should aspire to be like and Luffy is the best written character of all time.
>>
>>269147009
Reads like cope from someone who wants to argue his way out, and he even said 2 posts ago that he doesn't like One Piece
>>
>>269141535
Better question, why does it have a single dedicated schizo? If it’s forgotten, then why does the one guy keep crying about it? He’s not even subtle about it.
>>
>>269147142
I don't like One Piece, no. I didn't like it back then and I don't like it now. I just go by your logic, because apparently, the sole criteria the quality of a work and the merit of a character should be judged upon by commercial success.

One Piece is the uncontested king. It has won everything and dominates the market, so One Piece is peak fiction, no? Do you agree that Luffy is the best written manga character of all time?
>>
>>269147378
Think about it like this with your "competition" argument:

One Piece competed with Kenshin and Trigun at its time, and it eclipsed both. So One Piece won

In these times, One Piece competed with Kimetsu no Yaiba, but got demolished. And Kimetsu no Yaiba broke unprecedented records

Thus, Kimetsu no Yaiba > One Piece > Kenshin & Trigun
>>
>>269146751
Right.
>>
>>269131771
All demons that have killed people are dead, the only two surviving demons have never killed anyone.
>>
>>269146155
>>269118296
It had fast success before the anime, that's why it got an anime and such a large budget. The characters were colorful and likable and the humor (in the manga) was charming.
The characters were the biggest appeal, along with wholesome values at it's core amongst all the fighting.

The animation was flaunted with the anime and drove it to superstar status, but it's the uncommon yet consistent style with thick lines and a variety of colors that made it stand out, rather than the "sakuga"
>>
>>269118333
Good, it's better to read it
>>
>>269134972
hello kitty outsells all of that put together, now what
>>
>>269141285
I was there too. That's still not blowing up.
Any Smash reveal alone will flood /v/. Banjo vs Steve wars were contentious enough to have multiple threads a day for MONTHS up until the former's reveal.
>>
>>269144880
wan piss obsessed underage nigger shitting his pants claiming kimetsu had no competition when wan piss was literally running and selling the highest it ever did, there was even fucking drama where oricon claimed kimetsu sold the most and shueisha claimed wan piss sold the most
>>
>>269146918
This is also why him being the one to fight Akaza alongside Giyu (the other hashira he sees as a big brother figure) that much more impactful.
I think Rengoku has the hardest hitting backstory out of all the Hashira because of how real it feels. Having a dad fall from grace and turn to alcoholism to cope with loss and thus leaving Rengoku to step up keeping his family and the fire hashira legacy afloat is rough. People love Rengoku because he is the definition of a pillar, someone that lifts those around him up and safe guards them despite his own personal demons.
>>
File: 77835761_p0.jpg (609 KB, 1004x900)
609 KB
609 KB JPG
What's your favorite crack ship? For me it's Muimitsu, they're cute together. I like gloomy boy/cheery girl couples.
>>
File: 2uvsk1qm6fj91.jpg (135 KB, 640x934)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>269146751
I prefer the term deviant
>>
File: 1567636377376.jpg (1.04 MB, 1234x1500)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>269148978
Ugly & gay x Shinobu, it's funny.
>inb4 it's not crack
Get over it.
>>
>>269118296
High budget adaptation.
>>
>>269147448
Nice deflection and I see you're avoiding the question too. No, I don't care about Oricon and I never will, take it up to someone else who cares like the Oricon threads.

What I do care about however, is that One Piece's sales don't come from Japan (France, Italy, Germany), it comes from elsewhere around the world and it has been that way for a long time now which enabled it to not only become the best-selling manga of all time but the second best-selling comic in human history. A record Oda set and the only one who broke that record was Oda himself. KnY's sales came predominantly from Japan.

One Piece is the uncontested king of manga, so One Piece is peak fiction. It has won every accolade in every category. Only manga in histort to surrpass Batman and is just $100M away from beating Superman for the number one spot. A feat no manga will ever achieve.
>>269148697
I don't care about your diatribe, but go on and assume I like One Piece, your insecurity reeks. Also, it had no competition, yes. One Piece objectively peaked at the climax of Marineford back in 2010 and lost a bit of popularity since then.
>>
File: pic unrelated.jpg (3.27 MB, 1536x2048)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
The series being wildly popular with small children in Japan isn't going to result in the violence of the final battles being censored, right? I think the battles from here on out are more graphic and bloody than any so far, what with all the body mutilation.
>>
>>269149462
One Piece has been around for 20 years though. Kimetsu no Yaiba only ran for 4 years, and accomplished more what One Piece did in that span. Kimetsu no Yaiba also holds the title for having the highest-grossing film in Japan. And during that time, Kimetsu even dominated head and shoulders above One Piece
You're the one deflecting here
>>
Why are you people talking about One Piece!? Gimme a fucking break.
>>
>>269149726
Nigger has to deflect to One Piece since his favorite shitshounen is utterly irrelevant, he has no choice but to cope
>>
>>269149620
>that pic
Man, fangirls are something else. Anyway, ufotable hasn't censored anything so far; there's close to zero chances they'll do that on KnY's final stretch when it's most impactful.
>>
>>269149676
>Kimetsu no Yaiba only ran for 4 years, and accomplished more what One Piece did in that span
It didn't outsell Batman's entire lifetime worth of 85 years and become the second best-selling comic in human history in just 20 years. And it also doesn't hold 3 world records registered in the Guinness. One Piece does, though.
>Kimetsu no Yaiba also holds the title for having the highest-grossing film in Japan.
Ah, yes. A movie that came out in a time where there was no competition besides Mortal Kombat and Hollywood pulled back any upcoming movies and made them available for streaming.

But I'll humor your little post: The Boy and the Heron made $300M with zero marketing, just $200M away from Mugen Train that was marketed aggressively.
>>
>>269150124
>The Boy and the Heron made $300M with zero marketing

Bullshit. If they actually intend zero marketing, they should've scrapped Miyazaki's name on it, and gave it a random pseudonym
>>
>>269118296
I was in Japan when wordsmith village arc was airing and saw so many hot girls on the train reading kimetsu on the train. I think it appeals to boys and men because the cool fights, and appeals to women because they like the character designs and like seeing cute boys doing cute things. The story is simple and fast paced. What's not to like?
>>
>>269149620
Kids in japan are used to ultra violence in their cartoons. The PM of Japan is a huge Kimetsu fan, don't worry they will not censor shit. If anything they'll add more gore imo
>>
>>269149816
Nice try. I only brought up One Piece because you pathetically attempted to deflect any criticisms against your manga made for little kids by bringing out commercial success as though that's the sole criteria the quality of a work should be judged upon.

You're insecure and it shows in your grade school mentality.
>>
>>269149726
A large subset anime fans these days seem to only care about sales number competitions rather than the content or subjective quality of any series. Such "fans" would be better off as sports fans, but they're typically fat social outcasts who are too intimidated to share their unwanted opinions about or to physically-superior real-life people.
>>
>>269150573
You didn't won any argument against me though. Kimetsu obliterated One Piece when they're running at the same time

"Had no competition" my ass
>>
>>269148750
>People love Rengoku because he is the definition of a pillar, someone that lifts those around him up and safe guards them despite his own personal demons.
Pretty much, he's one of the most clear voices in Kimetsu as a story. I liked his backstory a lot as well since it acted as a in-between for the almost absurdly traumatic ( i.e. Snake, Wind, Rock, Sound) to the ones that were almost normal ( i.e. Mitsuri or even Murata).
His story is like a benchmark to show and compare the other's history and their behavior. The extreme situations then make some sense when we see their parallels to him ( i.e. Rengoku's contendness & happiness with senjuro's choice to not pursue joining the corps v.s. the tears Kanae cries or the mess sanemi creates, because they just can't make the same happen for Shinobu or Genya). The almost normal characters don't seem extreme either for still wanting to contribute without a horribly tragic history ( i.e. Mitsuri being touched by the Mom and kid she saved in the Rengoku extra mirroring Rengoku's own admiration for his fellow slayers against the flute demon despite their label of "weakness" in croc's oneshot).
He's a character that pulls a lot of weight in binding the slayers together, so the emphasis never seemed absurd to me. They're are different types of leaders in stories & Rengoku clearly was one in a similar vein as Rock & Ubayashiki, just more from the emotional & feet on the ground level. Rock's is from the side of "this is our unquestionable duty & it will be delivered", and Ubayashiki is their General directing & ploting the fight out beforehand. All of them had roles in place for keeping the slayers united & that's one of the main differences between the corps and the demons. Natural unity v.s. coerced.

Tldr: like Rengoku isn't actually my fav in kny, but I feel like his emphasis is justified & it'd be missing a point of the story to misconstru kt. Kimetsu's not long, but it doesn't waste any panel time.
>>
>>269150702
Ah, yes. "Obliterated" One Piece... Years after it peaked and lost traction since then. One do have to wonder how well this series would perform if it ran back in 2010 against One Piece during Marineford and Naruto during Pain, though. Bleach's Arrancar arc was running too and HxH was in the middle of the Chimera Ant arc at that time, I think?

And no, I don't care about the Oricon and I never will care. But do go off, your insecurity over your comic made for little kids amuses me.
>>
File: bored on the internet.png (18 KB, 315x274)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>Another KnY thread that devolved into the fanbase and jealous shonenspics arguing.
I'm not either, but I'm just gonna say that it's delusional to argue against KnY's success considering it outsold OP at it's peak sales, globally.
>>
Kimetsucucks are the ultimate definition of soulless NPC.
>>
>>269151581
Why do folx of color like you always project the color of your skin onto white people?
>>
>269151588
> bro the classics back then was on a different league I swear check out all that SOVL
nothing is special about it. it was just the FOTM at the time, that's all there is to it
>>
File: 1623584380783.png (58 KB, 1295x878)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>269151581
lmaoooo you fags can pretend to live in this fantasy world where one piece peaked at wano but the truth is one piece was at its top form back in marineford
the vast majority of the fans loved it, and the sales and popularity of one piece have only gone down since
ur series wouldn't stand even a chance against top form one piece
>>
>>269151646
Maybe because it so happens to be the audience that enjoys anime the most?
>>
>>269151838
Lol, One Piece at its peak is still barely half of Kimetsu at its peak. And One Piece was like a decade old there. Kimetsu only ran for 4 years and set an unprecedented record in that span
>>
File: 1611922826311.png (84 KB, 2048x757)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>269152049
thanks to the anime
now compare pre-anime sales to post-anime sales
>>
>>269152201
One Piece also had an anime adaptation at that time, what's your point?
>>
File: 1713383687065.png (2.13 MB, 2565x813)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>269151662
>> bro the classics back then was on a different league I swear check out all that SOVL
Unironically, yes
>>
>>269151851
Delusional spic shit. You don't even matter to the anime industry. You don't pay. You can't afford to pay.
>>
>>269152250
Bepop and Trigun is overrated, so is Lodoss. They felt like slog sometimes, and bored me a bit. Its like I have to revere all these old series just because they aired long time ago when they're not even that good. It's just your FOTM, but the fact that you have to be elitist over it is laughable honestly
>>
File: Doma_(anime).jpg (139 KB, 785x1024)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Why was he such a jobber? I had high expectations from him
>>
File: 1721329708276.jpg (538 KB, 1896x699)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
>>269152250
The summer season of 2024
>>
File: 1721329770244.jpg (510 KB, 1886x707)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>269152647
The summer season of 2014
>>
File: 1721329831309.jpg (477 KB, 1899x711)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>269152685
The summer season of 2004
>>
>>269152685
Only Barakamon is good here
>>
File: 1721329898116.jpg (498 KB, 1813x711)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>>269152723
The summer season of 1994
>>
>>269152573
You can't fake your way into having passion and drive. Not having emotions might have made him successful as a demon, but it also meant he's hollow inside & there's not real internal motivation to push harder and farther though born limits.
>>
>>269152765
Waiting patiently for summer season of 1944.
>>
>>269152723
>>269152647
2024 and 2004 is just as shitty
>>
>>269152573
It's unfortunate his fight against Shinobu and Kanao had to be ruined by the boar bitch
>>
File: 1721329987492.jpg (465 KB, 1807x722)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>269152765
The summer season of 1984
>>
File: 1721330079994.jpg (424 KB, 1843x707)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>269152832
The summer season of 1974
>>
File: 1721330175365.jpg (284 KB, 945x1091)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>269152885
The summer season of 1964
>>
File: 1626539171136.webm (1.99 MB, 800x450)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB WEBM
No one cares, nigger
You can stop polluting the thread now
>>
>>269153025
This whole thread one big shitpost anyway.
>>
File: 1662694793698.webm (2.17 MB, 960x540)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB WEBM
>>269153062
Nope. You're just obsessed with Peakmetsu no Chadba, meds now
>>
File: 1548031704042.jpg (471 KB, 1800x1800)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>269152573
Don't fret, ufotable will make his fight absolutely kino. He'll be one to raise expectations for the trilogy since his scuffle with Shinobu is the first (real) fight we get in IF.
>>
>>269152573
he was the only who had the apathy you'd expect from someone who lived that long
>>
File: 1512476678351.webm (2.99 MB, 640x480)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
>>269152647
>>269152685
>>269152723
>>269152765
>>269152832
>>269152885
>>269152923
70s = 90s > 00s > 80s > everything else
As expected, 70s and 90s chads were eating good
>>
>>269152923
Why you stoppin? >>269152795
>>
>>269153249
This is so tryhard, as I said there's nothing special about these FOTM in the past
>>
>>269125027
Growing up with KnY means becoming a tranny like that author though which is far worse than just being gay so Eva wins by default
>>
File: 1626545536016.webm (1.85 MB, 800x450)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB WEBM
>>269153574
Seething, lol
Kimetsu no Yaiba is a much better anime than Evangelion
>>
KnY viewers are the type of goblinos who vote for Kamala Harris because the news tells them to.
>>
>>269132910
It's kind of proof you don't need to go on for 400 episodes to tell a story
>>
>>269153649
Eva gave us Pacific Rim and Megas XLR which is fucking awesome just for that alone Eva will always be superior
KnY only invited in more trannies and fat ugly women
>>
>>269152573
He just got played by Shinobu and his personal apathy made him incapable of evolving through her poison. The same thing that made him so strong also prevented him from surviving when he met his match (37kg single serving of poison). If he didn't eat Shinobu, it doesn't seem likely that Kanao and Inosuke would have defeated him with their lives intact.
>>
File: 1626358177545.webm (2.97 MB, 800x450)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>269153722
>>>/pol/
>>
>>269153773
Eva didn't invent mecha, you know. Dumbass
>>
File: yorii baby.jpg (304 KB, 1067x1600)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>269118296
Empathy
>>269132282
>>269132737
Correct
>>
>>269153758
Yea because the story speedran and threw out all the good meat that makes battle shonen fun and didn't make it fun
Instead it turned into some Indian soap opera where some loser can't stop crying for 5 minutes
Real men watch real old school battle shonen
Fags watch KnY

Nard could be cut so it ends after Pein tho
>>
>>269154049
Plenty of things came to my mind on how to reply, but I'll keep it concise
Kill yourself, Narutard
>>
File: 1710514302127360.png (1.6 MB, 1400x788)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>269152573
Poison asspull. Muzan was defeated similarly. Akaza also couldn't be defeated by his opponents so the writer had to come up with a way for him to off himself, and Koku, while being the best fight in the manga, still ends up letting himself die when he sees his reflection. None of the victories were earned. They were all acquired through conveniences and asspulls. Gyokko died because Tokito got a mark that wasn't previously explained, which put a pillar on par with an upper moon level. Gyuutaro and Daki died because Tengen and Inosuke, both of who should have been dead at that point in the fight, miraculously come back from the wounds in order to push the circumstances in their favor in an unsatisfying way, and even survive the encounter with no drawbacks. Kaigaku, although not a real upper moon, gets one shotted by someone who isn't even a pillar because they invented a new breathing form on the spot with no foreshadowing. The only upper moon I want to say had its defeat properly earned was Hantengu's, but even then, Nezuko ended up surviving so her throwing Tanjiro to sacrifice herself to save those people ended up being meaningless, so it still feels unsatisfying. Maybe I'm jaded from all this shounen, but this sort of stuff bothers me more than it should
>>
>>269154496
Yeah, from the Infinity Fortress. I think Akaza and Kokushibo's fights were the best
Though I unironically have no problems with the way Akaza died, I disagree with you there
>>
File: 1542475324534.png (2.25 MB, 1920x1080)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
Which demon backstory pulled on your heartstrings the most? Gotta go with Daki and Gyutaro's.
>>
>>269155114
Akaza, easily
>>
File: spooder momma.jpg (509 KB, 1854x1240)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
sex with mother spider
>>
>>269154496
People read too much into Gyutaro's poison. The writer wanted the fight to go a certain way. If Tengen didn't have massive poison resistance, then Gyutaro would have never had poison either. The point of the poison was to have the hashira be the main combatant as the tank, so that Tanjiro could play support. That's the dynamic the writer wanted for Tanjiro's first fight with a (real) upper moon.
Inosuke's poison resistance was also fine, although it didn't really serve any narrative purpose. I always thought his ability to shift his fucking organs around was much dumber.
>>
>>269155114
Akaza. It's cool to me how his shonen-typical obsession with fighting strength actually makes sense due to his history and how demons work in this setting. The fearless, unshakable love he had for his family when he was human is really magnificent too.
>>
>>269144630
>Spider demon: okay
>magic sword moves: not okay
cool story bro.
>>
>>269155114
Kokushibo easily, his backstory is so raw and sincere, combined with the way his last thoughts bleed into the battle while he's dying makes for a magnificent end. Gotouge pulled off an amazing feat developing a character so well and so late into the story; shame Obanai didn't get the same privilege imo, his backstory and development feel shoehorned to me.
>>
>>269118296
A message that was in accord with God’s Moral Law.
>>
>>269153788
This. Rengoku is the Kamala of Demon Slayer. The evil demon he decapitated is Blumpf. Akaza represents institutionalized racism, which ultimately wins even though Rengoku will save Democracy in November.
>>
>>269157149
based
RENGOKU WON
>>
Can GODjima solo Akaza?
>>
>>269157945
Nope, none of the UMs above #4 are solo'able by anyone bar Yoriichi.
>>
>>269157149
Kill yourself.
>>
File: godjima physical.png (1.62 MB, 959x1400)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>even kokushibo jizzed his pants just by looking at GODjima
>>
>>269118296
Covid, not an overly long series, high budget seasonal anime and female mangaka.
>>
Does anyone have the webm edit of Muzan after killing his family doing a moonwalk?
>>
>>269149620
Last episode had Muzan getting barbecued and his brains, skull and muscles growing back in HD, they aren't censoring shit.
>>
>>269156257
>Inosuke's poison resistance was also fine, although it didn't really serve any narrative purpose. I always thought his ability to shift his fucking organs around was much dumber.
It's dumb as fuck but at that point I already enrolled in the school of Inosuke being an absolute freak of nature since he kept turning himself into a living pretzel.
>>
>>269129699
>This sounds like insane cope
not an argument.
>I see your ass in every KnY thread
I don't normally post in these threads.
>about how it's forgotten or will be forgotten anyday now and none of that has happened
it has. nobody is talking about it and the mainstream outlets that made it popular are rating the newer seasons 3/10. you can screech and shit all over yourself all you want but it's not going to make your favorite anime popular again. you like a series that is niche now without any of the charm that one would expect a niche series to have, accept it and move on.
also stop replying to that faggot posting maps like he's me.
>>
>>269149620
Impaling Rengoku in front of all those small children and having him slowly bleed to death is how Mugen Train became the highest grossing movie in Japan so I think we should be good
>>
>>269156380
>Akaza's Compass Needle lets him sense a person's fighting spirit to determine their killing intent and exact locations
>He couldn't protect his fiance and her father/his mentor from the rival dojo poisoning because he didn't forsee their killing intent
Gotouge you son of a bitcb
>>
File: heehee.jpg (130 KB, 1024x1024)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>269160755
This reads like seethe, mald, and dilate. No argument on sight, sirs
>>
File: james wine.png (251 KB, 222x440)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>269160755
>>the mainstream outlets that made it popular are rating the newer seasons 3/10
>KnY
3/10
>JJK
6/10
>CSM
9/10

Is IGN secretly based?
>>
>>269160755
>N-nobody is talking about it I swear, look some dipshit on IGN gave it a 3/10 you have to believe my delusions! Nevermind all that evidence that it's being talked about it's dead and niche!
Lol, lmao even
>>
>>269161372
No, they're not. And westerners should never have a say and be validated regarding anime, and I say NEVER
>>
File: Spoiler Image (113 KB, 351x398)
113 KB
113 KB GIF
>>269161480
>all that evidence
>>
>>269161171
He ran out of "arguments"when his gay charts and claims were countered so he's now coming back almost 24 hours later pretending it's not him lmao.
>>
>>269161557
Not him, but it's really everywhere in my feed. Even in my university, it's the first anime people talks about like how they're hyped for the movie tribology, from ladies to the cool guys. They're like wanna go watch the Demon Slayer movie together
>>
>n-not him but everyone still loves KnY bro trust me!
>>
>>269161810
Why not reply directly? That's a weird way to talk to ppl
>>
the thread is moving too slow for it to matter because nobody gives a fuck about KnY anymore lmao
>>
>>269121931
Thank goodness Kimetsu no Yaiba is not like One Piece. Imagine if Oda wrote KNY, we'd probably have a thousand chapters, countless side characters and plotlines that would stretch for decades.
>>
File: 1716728170326.jpg (209 KB, 1170x1162)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>269132362
I'm not the other dude talking about KnY being forgotten (at least not yet), keep up mamasista.
Also, I said
>It's only when the anime is on air it has some fraction and that's only once every year or so
That screenshot you posted doesn't mean anything
>>269133183
I stopped replying to deez nuts
>>
whenever shinobu is on the screen i get hard
>>
>>269162062
>2021
LMAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
What the fuck is that
>>
File: nothing happened.jpg (50 KB, 325x678)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>269161875
>Imagine if Oda wrote KNY
Yeah, it would suck less ass and feel less like a series written by a man who writes stories for men instead of being written by a tranny who writes stories for trannies
Would also be full of classic moments like picrel

The emotional moments would also be more real and less like a chick flick made by pajeets
Going Merry's "death" >>>> the Gotei 8 jobbers deaths
OP is the only manga that can make people cry about a goddamn boat
>>
>>269161873
>he thinks /a/ actually matters
>>
>reaching this far to grasp at straws
>>
Do you think the Infinity Fortress movies can take over Spirited Away again this time? I'm about 50/50 at the moment
>>
>>269162062
>It's only when the anime is on air it has some fraction and that's only once every year or so
So when Kimetsu is on air, people talk about it because they remember it which is the opposite of being forgotten. Glad you finally get it.
>>
>>269162578
I think they will.
>>
all three movies (lol hubris cashgrab btw) combined will perform on par with or slightly worse than Boy and the Heron in the box office. IGN will rate it 4/10 and nobody will talk about it within weeks of it being released.
>>
>>269162578
Better question, can it take over it's previous record?
>>
>>269162578
no
mugen train only outsold spirited away because of special circumstances pandemic was one thing
and you have 3 stretched movies for a single lasting in the span of 3 years, when people have a much wider selection of things to watch
>>
>>269162684
2 more weeks
>>
>>269162578
I think they will. One Piece: Film Red did that much, so a Kimetsu no Yaiba movie can most likely do better. Anime is the most normalfag as its ever been in these times
>>
>>269162578
It won't. Mugen Train became the highest grossing film in thanks to Covid. Some early surveys in Japan said that up to 40% of people who watched Mugen Train during Covid, had never watched S1 of the anime. That audience just isn't the same and the Kimetsumania has passed.

It's still popular in Japan but it's really just not possible to have near the domestic demand that they had in 2020, and in Anglo countries, it has never gotten even AoT popular.
>>
post yfw Demon Slayer takes over Spirited Away again for the nth time
>>
>>269162361
so sad that most iconic one piece moments are pretimeskip
>>
>>269162891
it's been what five years ? and nothing has come close, so you're probably right
>>
>>269162684
>hubris cashgrab
Seems to me like it's simply the right medium to adapt the remaining content.
>IGN
lol
>>
>>269132282
>Best of all, it actually fucking ends, rather than sticking around for a thousand plus chapters or wasting a ton of time on random bullshit
KnY could have used one short-medium length arc to flesh out a few elements but being a little too short is 1000x better than being bloated with nonsense because the author wants to keep the gravy train going or the editor gave up. There's no worse feeling than realizing at the 40 chapter mark that a manga is going to be 150 chapters longer than it needed to be.
>>
cute thighs!
>>
>>269164272
>Seems to me like it's simply the right medium to adapt the remaining content.
Adapting content is one thing but turning a single fucking arc into three goddamn movies is just shameless milking it and beating on a dead horse. Anyone who supports that scummy practice is a stooge and a part of the problem.
>>
>>269164519
You are retarded. Infinity Fortress is probably atleast 2 cour worth of content, 3 movies is just the same length of that. Ufotable just decided that the movie format and airing it on big screen would work better than a 24min TV broadcast
>>
>>269156814
was just thinking this earlier. Outside of his romance with Mitsuri he's basically just a toned down Sanemi. Croc should have given him more interactions with the female cast or the Rengoku family or given his romance and desire to die more focus
>>
>>269164519
Yeah how dare Ufotable take their time in adapting the most universally well-received arc in the series
>>
>>269118296
Pretty colors.
>>
>>269164733
>they're splitting it into three theatrical movies (after grossing $500M in the box office) to make sure they adapt it properly!
>i-it's for creative reasons!
lol, lmao. this anon would volunteer to be at the end of the human centipede.
>>
goddamn this was a shit thread
how can someone be so intent on trying to shit on a series?
>>
>>269164620
No, you're just a stooge who puts up with scummy practices. Season 1 was 2 cour worth of content too and they still managed to cover all the arcs up until Mugen Train.
>>269164733
>don't ask questions just consoom!
>don't shit on my children's cartoon!
Literal cattle mentality. I'm really starting to believe that KnY's fanbase encompasses NPCs.
>>
>>269164874
I unironically think it was for creative reasons. Watching through Infinity Fortress week by week will be less impactful watching it on big screen for straight 2 hours. The hype gets diminished in a TV broadcast
A movie triology would work better with the arcs pacing and maintaining interest
>>
File: 80148010_p0.jpg (854 KB, 1000x1412)
854 KB
854 KB JPG
>>269164451
Not sure if "cute" is the word I'd use to describe them.
>>
File: qxPzPobBUo.png (18 KB, 353x219)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>269164909
yeah there's just one (1) guy being a dick in this thread. what's worse is he's pretending more than one (1) person on the entire planet doesn't love the best anime of all time by making different points, making the same point in different ways, typing differently, structuring his posts differently, and approaching the conversation from varying levels of good and bad fatih. fucking piece of shit. we all know everyone on /a/ loves Kinotsu no Yaiba.
>>
>>269166766
>best anime of all time
But enough about Ashita no Joe.
>>
File: mat.png (250 KB, 1791x977)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>269164874
>>269164969
I implied nothing more than taking time and breaking it into three movies is a good thing
Everything else you got out of that is your own senseless retardation as usual
>>
>>269167041
And I said nothing more that splitting up a single arc into three freaking movies is a scummy practice that nobody should put up with, not even the fans. They didn't do it for artistic reasons, they did it to milk this series before it runs out of juice. Don't fall back into your defense mechanism and act like you're the victim when you started name calling people.

You're not just a stooge, you're a gullible fool whose brain got unironically poisoned by consumerism. Cattle mentality.
>>
>>269167041
>>269167269
>Nobody cares about KnY! It will be soon forgotten about any day now.
>Any day now
>Any day now
>Any day now
>Three years later
>Any day now
>>
>>269167370
I'm not that faggot, but do go off with the deflection. You're still a gullible fool whose brain got rotten by consumerism.
>>
>>269118296
spics and niggers love this show
>>
>>269167269
>that nobody should put up with
My point literally directly refutes yours you brainless imbecile, if it leads to a better final product the intentions behind it don't matter
Not a single anime production is free of cynicism. The fact that you judge this kind of media by grading the "purity" of its creation would ordinarily be direct proof that your brain is, as you said, "poisoned by consumerism"
However you've already shown your brain has much bigger problems affecting it than a mere mind virus
>>
>>269167041
ignoring the irony in you completely making up an identity for me while accusing me of making shit up "in my own senseless retardation," can you go ahead and break down how ufotable "tak(ing) their time in adapting" the anime is NOT a creative decision? if it's not a creative decision, what is it? I'll be around for a few more hours so please take your time. I love schizoposts.
>>
>>269167489
>don't ask questions just consoom!!
As I said before, you're an easily manipulable idiot whose brain got poisoned by consumerism, so you come up with the most flimsy excuses to why this studio has to go through the trouble of adapting a single fucking arc into three movies when they very well could adapt it into a two cour season like they did with the first.

They didn't adapt Infinity Castle into three movies for "artistic integrity" or whatever cope excuse you pull out of your ass. They did it to milk this franchise for as long as they can, because the story itself is relatively short. Simple as.

You're not just a stooge, you're a cattle and you're an NPC who can't think for yourself and is unironically caping for the multi-million dollar company as long as they give you your dumb children's cartoon. Mindless consumerism and materialism is the bane of modern day media and why this generation is the most depressed one yet.
>>
>>269167686
Where did I even imply that wasn't a creative decision
My point is that it doesn't matter what the intentions were. The fact that we're getting a movie-quality adaptation of the most acclaimed arc in the series is a good thing and fans of the series have no reason to reject it
>>269167788
>They didn't adapt Infinity Castle into three movies for "artistic integrity"
??? Holy shit you worthless fucking subhuman can you take your meds and stop hallucinating arguments for at least one post
>>
>>269167419
You type exactly the same and have the same faggy habit of talking like a video game villain, and here you are still doing it.
>>
>>269118296
Good animation and basic-but-well-executed writing with enough cool moments to keep people interested.
>>
>>269167856
>Where did I even imply that wasn't a creative decision
>>269164874 <- my post
>>269167041 <- (You) in response to my post
>I implied nothing more than taking time and breaking it into three movies is a good thing
>Everything else you got out of that is your own senseless retardation as usual
as usual, KnY enjoyers are completely retarded, bottom of the barrel slop guzzlers.
>>
inb4
>I didn't say it wasn't for creative reasons, I just completely disagreed with you when you claimed I said it was for creative reasons
>>
Really, really good animation and an appealing art style.
>>
>>269167944
Anon, I know reading is hard for you, but I'll break this down just once so you can hopefully drill it into whatever minute corner of your brain is still functioning
My post >>269164733 only implies you're a dumbass for thinking that anyone supporting the creation of a movie trilogy is a "stooge" and "part of the problem"
Your dumbass post >>269164874 randomly asserts that I was justifying the creation of a movie trilogy by saying Ufotable did it for creative reasons
Much like how you "read" KnY, you "read" my post by hallucinating what you wanted to argue against and acted like that's what was there
I hope even you can understand this
>>
>>269167856
Take your own advice, faggot. Media is just one big humiliation ritual for everybody involved. Especially the consoomer like easily coerced fools like (You) who's putting up with some multi-million dollar company's scummy practices. Get fucked.
>>
the sad part is they're probably gonna make a TV version of the 3 movies with added scenes once they're all out so they can milk the series further
>>
>>269168107
>I know reading is hard for you, but I'll break this down just once so you can hopefully drill it into whatever minute corner of your brain is still functioning
oh boy, with that much heat I'm sure he's gonna fucking rape me!
>My post only implies you're a dumbass for thinking that anyone supporting the creation of a movie trilogy is a "stooge" and "part of the problem"
literally never said or implied that about any adaptation a single time in this thread or in any thread ever in my entire life. my point is that they're milking the franchise, and that you're a dumbass for thinking they split it into three movies for creative reasons. I'm not reading the rest of your headcanon schizo ramble. have a pleasant evening.
>>
>>269167788
He’s saying that you should judge something for what it is, not what the process of making it was. You’re the one saying that you should choose to experience something because of the politics behind its creation.
You’re literally the same as people that watch stuff based on muh representation.
>>
>>269168219
>literally never said or implied that about any adaptation a single time in this thread or in any thread ever in my entire life
This is what I was responding to >>269164519
If you were arguing against my post without that context because you're another person, then you're a fucking retard for not reading what it was directly replying to
>I'm not reading the rest
I know. You know it displays how much of a retard you are very clearly
>>
>give him the exact posts I typed out
>still attributes someone else's post to me
>"you're a fucking retard for not reading"
lol, lmao. stopped reading there. KnY slop enjoyers not sending their best in this thread.
>>
>>269118296
Good animation, good art style, simple story on the surface, complex-ish story when you dig into it in the manga, GAR as fuck, flashy named attacks which normalfags love for whatever reason, ninja shit, comedy relief instead of 110% action all the time, cute girls

It's got a little bit of something for everyone but the autists on /a/ who hate anything popular even if they would normally like the show.
>>
>>269168413
>>still attributes someone else's post to me
You responded to a reply I made to someone else without reading what it was replying to
Because you failed with that right off the bat, you hallucinated an argument about how I was defending the movie trilogy announcement because it was a "creative decision" by Ufotable
You're embarrassed and it's why you've had to say "h-heh I stopped reading" twice now
It happens. I at least appreciate you showing how much of an idiot you are in such extravagant fashion
>>
>responds to me
>I respond back
>"You responded to a reply I made to someone else"
lmao I'm not reading the rest of that incoherent babble. these are the people who shill for KnY, btw.
>>
>>269144630
>not hamon or some shit
Literally is though
>>
>>269168573
>argument has literally devolved into "LALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU"
One of the most humiliating concessions I've ever seen anyone make on /a/. Thank you
>>
>>269130894
People still talk about FMA years after it ended. Whenever people talk about the actual good shounen, the well-written shounen FMA always enters into the equation (along with HxH, the uncontested king of battle shounen and JoJo, the most creative battle shounen). Meanwhile, KnY is NEVER up for contention as one of the best shounen in any way, shape or form. No one talks about the manga years after it ended because there's nothing to write home about with its paperweight "plot" and the one-note "characters" are as wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle that they make the characters in Naruto look like a bunch of Dostoevskys.

People only "talk" about yout shitshounen made for toddlers when the anime is airing, and notice how the discourse is never actually about the "plot" in question, it's just fags predicting the episode count and of course, looking forward to the fights because KnY's fanbase is made up chiefly of
>Underages
>Spics
>Niggers
>Fat ugly women.
FMA will live on into the future for years to come and Hiromu Arakawa's magnum opus will be celebrated as a creative milestone while KnY will fade off into obscurity a few years down the line, replaced by the next shiny thing just like KnY replaced MHA and JJK replaced KnY. That is the fate that befalls the Naruto copies and Gen Z's short attention span.
>>
>>269163116
>most
Try all
>>
>call him a shill for saying they're milking the franchise
>"you're a dumbass for thinking that anyone supporting the creation of a movie trilogy is a 'stooge'"
>realize he has brainworms and try to help him refocus
>give him the exact posts I typed out
>still attributes someone else's post to me
>"you're a fucking retard for not reading"
>responds to me
>I respond back
>"You responded to a reply I made to someone else"
>stop engaging and tell him to have a nice day
>"your argument is LALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
lol, lmao. this is your brain on Demon Slayer.
>>
>>269168809
>>call him a shill for saying they're milking the franchise
Your very first point is either blatantly wrong or has a typo lmao how mad were you typing this out
>help him refocus
I'm very much focused correctly, see >>269168107 and actually read the whole post
Understand: at no point did I ever defend the movie trilogy by appealing to its "purity" as a creative decision
All I implied was that Ufotable taking time with this arc was not a bad thing
>>
>>269168809
You got BTFO my man.
>>
>>269168995
He definitely made making him look like a retard easy
Anyways I'm out now that we're at bump limit, look forward to his last bit of drivel
>>
>>269168980
"Taking time" still doesn't warrant making three movies for a single arc. That's not taking time and that's a cope. Truth is they're just milking this franchise because it's a short series that ended abruptly and you know it.

People were rightfully shitting on AoT for pulling all these multiple parts for the final season, why should KnY get a pass for its shady practices?
>>
>>269124723
Oshi no Ko is huge in Japan. Just because you don't like it, or the west as a whole doesn't like it doesn't matter in the slightest to the majority of animation studios in Japan
>>
>>269124989
There isn't a single person who said Frieren was gonna be the next KnY. Frieren was and always will be leagues better than this dogshit show that only took off in the west because of COVID.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.