[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Manga authors really aren't writers, they're artists. Illustrators. That's why most of them can't write for shit. I really wish more mangaka would pair up with a decent writer to give their art better stories attached to them. That's why something like pic related works so well IMO.
>>
>>269132456
>works so well
Pic unrelated?
>>
Frieren somehow achieves the worst of both: lifeless art and aimless writing. LNs used to be criticized for becoming bad anime screenplays hoping to be fixed by the inevitable anime but clearly manga weren't exempt either.
>>
>>269132456
half of all manga are made exactly like that
>>
ok
>>
>>269132456
I don't think it would turn out as well as you think.
Look at all the LN adaptations. Most of them are shit.
There's not that many good writers in Japan, and it doesn't look like manga artists are capable of actually capturing the spirit of the writing anyway, since they have no souls.
At least with an artists writes his own plot, ho knows exactly what he's drawing, since he had the image already in his mind when he wrote that plot.
>>
Why do people posting on /a/, a board about anime and manga, seem to believe that there aren't any good anime and manga?
>>
>>269134079
Tourists
>>
>>269134079
Because only the anime I like is good.
>>
>>269132456
I just wish mangakas could actually finish a story in a timely fashion instead of taking 30 years to do what takes a white man 2.
>>
>>269132456
Now if the artist from your example could team up with a decent background artist that doesn't draw sterile looking stock footage background art, that would be even better. Bonus points if the newly formed artist team then teamed up with yet another artist who can do varied facial expressions.
>>
>>269134079
Why do people posting on /a/, a board about anime and manga, seem to believe that there aren't any good anime and manga?
Consider other anime and manga communities, the absolute cancer that substitutes any actual discussion over there, and you'll understand.

Shitting on virtually everything does an amazing job of keeping retards and all their cringe furry fanfiction, absurdly poor drawings of sasuke or whatever the fuck, and the constant demented worship of the most bland and overrated works imaginable well and the fuck away from here.
The kind of people that start that shit will not go away unless you convince them that their kind isn't welcome to breathe the air upon this earth.
>>
>>269134655
Two years for a monthly manga would be 24 chapters assuming it came out every month. It'd be more like 20 chapters. Not that manga like that don't exist but I prefer 10+ volume series instead of like ~5 volume or less series generally. I looked up a few non-capeshit western comics I've read too and they tended to have ran for 5 years or so. I originally thought it would have been longer but it's probably because their volume releases are like half the length of an average manga volume, if that, so there's more volumes but less content overall.

That and capeshit never ends. It's just infinitely rebooted. And while I'm not well versed in European comics from what I understand it's not uncommon for them to come out on a Togashi-like schedule.
>>
File: the anime will fix it.jpg (628 KB, 1114x1600)
628 KB
628 KB JPG
>>269132707
While reading Frieren, I felt the artist went into "the anime will fix it" mode whenever the group ran into something that looked like a random encounter battle every now and then. Group of monsters looms at the end of the road, "high action panel", followed by the aftermath with dissolving carcasses. And everyone wears the "ah, I've forgotten to do my laundry and what will we cook for dinner tonight?" faces in all three panels.
>>
>>269135045
To be fair, the anime really did fix it.
Creative freedom is only a bad thing if you have shitty animators.
>>
>>269132456
CSM's author is the opposite of that. He writes interesting stories, but his art is terrible. I hope his wife draws his next manga
>>
>>269135323
>his wife
Who?
>>
>>269135392
Mengo
>>
>>269135323
>Fujimoto
>married
what did I miss?
>>
Oda is a good writer
>>
>>269134655
>what takes a white man 2
I'm watching Stranger's Things and I'm not seeing this. Where does the west end their story in 2 years? Harry Potter? LotR? All took forever.
>>
File: Kurumada ism.jpg (115 KB, 640x640)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>269132456
Taking in consideration everything he achieved despite never learning to draw, make you wonder where would be Kurumada today if he had an illustrator.
>>
>>269136650
Retards say that OnK artist is married to him
>>
>>269132707
Yep, the anime was good though. But i won't read the manga
>>
>>269134655
Tell us of some good white works then.
you wont

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.