[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GR9BxZqacAA0Guv.jpg (513 KB, 2048x871)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
What is your opinion of the East Blue Saga in One Piece?
>>
>>269137074
Pre-TS is so overrated, Dressrosa clears it easily.
>>
>>269137074
I liked Baratie and Arlong Park the most out of those. I only felt repetitive the parts of the sad flashbacks, but considering these were introductions to the main crew I'm fine with it.
>>269137102
Nice try faggot
>>
>>269137074
did that bitch really die to stairs
>>
>>269137074
Peak One Piece. It's all downhill from there.
>>
>>269137074
I was re-reading some of the first few chapters and it surprised me how well Oda handled paneling and quiet moments. Chapter 13, for example, has a scene where a dog is watching motionless how its late owner's workplace is burning down and Luffy just looks at it without saying anything, no funny faces or spelt out loud feelings of rage or injustice, just a cold yet obviously empathetic look while he walks away in search of the culprit only to let all of those emotions come out once he found him. It's a shame how the series went to shit and how moronic fans allowed it to happen.
>>
>>269137731
Try what? I'm saying my opinion. Dressrosa entertained me more than any pre-TS arc.
>>
>>269137074
back when one piece had soul. Now it's your typical shonen-slop.
>>
>>269138918
>look mom I posted the soul buzzword again!

>>269137731
>>269137875
>>269138362
>>269138918
Fans like you bunch aren't fans, you only like a few chapters then bail because it stops pandering to you with "le epic paneling"
>>
>>269138941
oh yeah and the newer fans are better? Lol. They are only "fans" of one piece because it's cool and hip. Don't forget about le heckin epic animation and "character acting".
>>
>>269137074
Everything from “meet the natives” to “crew wins” does not apply to Loguetown.

Watching Demon Slayer also made me appreciate how flashbacks are handled in OP, notably the EB Saga a lot more. With exception of Zoro, flashbacks never feel as if they’re interrupting the story but are instead always relevant to what’s going on (why Usopp lies all the time, why Sanji doesn’t want to leave Barratie, why Nami is working for Arlong), whereas in Demon Slayer and many shonen the flashbacks will usually happen in the middle of a “boss fight” fight that has no relation to the character in question and serves to give the character a sudden power/determination boost
>>
>>269137074
Baratie and Arlong Park are excellent. The actual structure of the arcs does not matter since the main qualities of One Piece lie in its character writing and ability to create strong emotional scenes.
>>269138362
Yeah, Oda's old panelling was great a shame it had to get so cluttered and messy.
>It's a shame how the series went to shit and how moronic fans allowed it to happen
One piece "went to shit" because of odas shitty writing decisions and bad panelling. How the fuck were we supposed to stop it from happening?
>>
>>269138941
>not a real fan
who cares, I've been following One Piece for more than 15 years and I have many reasons for liking pre ts and post ts, also many to dislike it's current state. If that makes me not a fan then be it, it's a manga for children, not a religion that you can't question.
>>
>>269137074
It's a product of it's time but it's okay
>>
>>269137074
Baratie is underrated, and Arlong Park is high regarded in its every right.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.