[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (9 KB, 264x191)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Blood+ has a good premise but squanders it by being overly dramatic and dinsey-esque, the fact that after a certain point every single death is a person turning into a crystal instead of being viscerally destroyed removes all excitement and just makes them feel censored, while the story veers into telenovela territory with long lost twins, raped twink brothers and girls having poorly-disguised harems of pretty boys.
Blood-C meanwhile preserves the tone of The Last Vampire while expanding on it and adding a japanese-centric spin to the lore, particularly in the Tadayoshi manga, the story doesn't get melodramatic and instead just quickly gets to the killing and the gore, the intrigue is a little bit drawn out and really didn't need 12 episodes, and the movie could have used more gore but at least it remains consistent as Saya is only useless while under Fumito's hypnosis.
And I'm sorry but CSaya just mogs +Saya on the looks department.
>>
>>269138580
Bunny blender
>>
why is looking up blood+/c on nyaa so fucking hard get a bunch of unrelated shit
>>
I don't hate the TV show but the C movie was kinda boring after the gorefest that was the TV show ending.
>>
>>269138705
I agree, the movie should have had more gore, particularly in the auditorium scene which was the perfect moment for a furukimono to kill a ton of people and also at the end when the large monster appears.
>>
I always liked C. It had Truman Show vibes.
>>
>>269138705
the movie was all about the emotional payoff of Saya's angst now that she had her memories back and the twist of whatshisface's true motives
side note, I only just learned that they made a live action movie in 2009 called Last Blood/Rastu Bludo
>>
>>269138580
Blood C is best Blood desu
>>
>>269138580
>The older I grow
>"mogs"
You didn't grow at all.
>>
>>269138926
Sorry that I didn't like your vampire soap opera.
>>
>>269138580
Director Mizushima always understood the importance of brevity
>>
File: saya eye.gif (2.94 MB, 708x492)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB GIF
>>269138580
I agree, another thing I disliked about + is it "explains" monsters scientifically while C keeps them supernatural
C Saya a cute
>>
>>269139264
Because + is a sci fi story not a supernatural one
>>
>>269139264
I also reckon C does a better job of depicting the inherent erotic-horror of cannibalism that should be innate to vampires when done right
>>
>>269138580
Blood-C would have been better without the twist. Learning Dork Saya was a fake and the comfy SoL part of the show and her friends were also fake was a bummer, although the ending was still fun.
The movie was absolute trash, though.
>>
>>269138580
I don't think the telenovela aspect of Blood+ it's bad, since the intention of the show wasn't to be a gorefest like the original movie. In that aspect it all depends on taste rather than quality.
Now I did like Blood-C, but the movie was ehh and the only likeable character was Saya, which made it less memorable for me.
Also OST wise + > C
>>
File: Saya.jpg (176 KB, 1440x1080)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>269138580
Blood started out so well. But then each new installment made Saya more inept and ineffectual. If they kept going she would have been a loli blob by now or some shit.
>>
File: saya.jpg (58 KB, 500x659)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>269140782
I wish she had become a moe blob tbdesu.
>>
>>269140782
That would have been based.
>>
File: Saya helps.jpg (88 KB, 720x720)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Tasukete, Saya-chan!
>>
gud post :O
>>
File: baker-san.jpg (28 KB, 1280x720)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Now that the dust has settled, why did she just watch him die?
>>
Trinity Blood is also good.
>>
testo
>>
testa
>>
Blood-Clamp besto bludo
>>
>>269140782
pussy eating lips
>>
>>269143635
Trust the plan
>>
File: s-l1600.png (1.04 MB, 1417x1045)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>IG released a Blu-Ray boxset in 2020 to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary and Blood+'s 15 anniversary
>+'s 20 anniversary is next year
Are we getting an animated adaptation of the sequel light novel or a remake?
>>
>>269148959
I know about the sequel light novel, but I would love a remake of Blood+ for some reason.
>>
>>269138580
Blood C's op is so fucking good
>>
File: chrome_qCA0ajr7iL.png (848 KB, 1276x720)
848 KB
848 KB PNG
>finds out there's a Blood+ VN on the PSP
>it's another alternate retelling of the anime by the anime staff themselves
>it ends with Diva dying on the same episode she goes after Riku
>also he lives
I find it funny he lives here and in the manga. Guess the staff really regretted killing him.
>>
>>269140782
classic case of writers not grasping a simple premise, trying to add more hooks and conflicts. the movie is essentially played like a detective story.
>>
>>269140402
>In that aspect it all depends on taste rather than quality.
That's how I feel as well. I personally wasn't that interested in the gore from Blood C and with very flat and mostly forgetable or unlikable characters I never bothered to finish it. For as moody and melodramatic as Blood+ was, I did like that version of Saya and did want to understand the whole family lineage and feud with Diva. It got boring at times but never bad.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.