[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (208 KB, 1440x853)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
Parasyte is a straight upgrade to Kaiju no 8 in almost every way, aside from animation quality.

While I enjoyed Kaiju no 8, I find the story and level of depth to be disappointing
>>
>>269181462
Parasyte was from the 80s man
>>
>>269181587
I am talking about the anime
>>
>>269181587
>An anime television series adaptation produced by Madhouse, titled Parasyte -the maxim-[a], aired in Japan between October 2014 and March 2015
came out more recently than I expected
>>
>>269181462
Idk I like it (parasyte)
>>
How does he masturbate?
>>
parasyte is a psychological body horror about what it means to be human

kaiju no 8 is shonenshit undergoing a midlife crisis
>>
>>269181978
that's my point, I like parasyte more
>>
Did the kaiju 8 mouth bug ever do anything or become a character like migi
>>
>>269182412
It is finally doing something in the latest chapter. Giving MC a power up. That is all.
>>
>>269181462
Parasyte is underrated, somehow a grounded psychological alien invasion that never goes beyond 1 vs few human beings power level tier beats every cringy "must be able to punch an asteroid" anime.
I already watched AoT and every anime where the MC is also the monster that can also go berserk and needs to deal with his humanity, why would I watch the same premise again and again?
>>
>>269183444
Parasyte is anything but underrated. Only NGE has more insufferable fans.
>>
>>269182110
his hand gives him a blowjob
>>
Im like a 1/3 of the way through parasyte and I don't like what I've seen so far
>>
I liked it when he simply stopped being a pussy and chicks started tripped over themselves for him
>>
>>269181462
Kaiju is way more simple but the pacing and the fights are way more structured than Parasyte. I love Parasyte and overall it's a much more significant piece of media than Kaiju, but in terms of raw action it gets beaten.
Parasyte is based however, it had the balls to pull off some things that rarely you find in usual anime
>>
>>269184383
It peaks about 1/2 to 2/3 in, then it sputters out and leaves you disappointed with the ending. It gets really environmental, does the "maybe mankind are actually the baddies" shit, and throws in a jaded serial killer on top of it all. Maybe that shit was less tired and overdone in the 80s, but the ending is still awkward and anticlimactic.
And before anyone says it I know the story wasn't actually anti human or trying to justify the parasytes or environmental terrorism or whatever. It's still not good.
>>
>>269181462
they are not even doing the same thing. one is a psychological thriller with some great fights, the other one is a popcorn action manga you are meant to read for fun and to pass some times
>>
>>269184872
I think Parasyte's greatest strength is its comedy and Reiko Tamura.
>>
>>269185509
Unsettling in a way I’ve never seen other anime villains before.
>>
>>269181587
Is the manga worth it? I just finished reading Devilman and I feel like reading Parasyte now.
>>
>>269187343
I haven't watched the anime but I like the manga.
>>
>>269187343
The manga is very good I highly recommend it
>>
File: cattooo.jpg (219 KB, 1080x1350)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>269181462
Parasyte mentioned!
>>
>>269184872
I like the ending actually, the mc had the holier than tho, I'm protecting the earth and I'm the protagonist, moment before he realizes how stupid that is, and life just goes on. Any other ending would be cheesy bullshit about humanity is better because it just is or some lame equivalent, shinichi being a regular guy at the end is good ending.

Zoomers are even making memes about it, so parasyte won't be forgotten any time soon, and it shouldn't, it's a great show. https://youtu.be/VR9wmlmD2SA?si=Fbz5Zl-RdHlI5YwU
>>
File: 1696826923139360.jpg (111 KB, 1200x700)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>269189527
That's literally just a reskinned /v/ meme.
>>
>>269190292
Yeah and zoomers still like it apparently
If it baits more people into watching parasyte that's a net positive, so I don't mind them having fun
>>
>>269187343
Anon, you should have read the manga to begin with and only watched the anime as a curiosity. The manga is a masterpiece.
>>
>>269183444
This is what sets this anime apart from other similar series for me. It never takes off to the sky with it's battle direction, the power levels remain grounded and realistic.
Shinichi even by the very end and after a believable power up will still straight up lose a direct one on one battle against a common parasite, and most of his fights rely on tactics or his opponents underestimating him to win.
>>
>>269184500
Parasyte has unironically better battles. It doesn't rely on flashy techniques and cheap power ups. It relies on strategy, dirty tactics and the taking advantage of your opponents self perceived superiority to win. Shinichi is still weaker than the average parasite even by the time he gets his only power up, meanwhile Kafka is already stronger than any Kaiju at the time he first transforms.
>>
>>269190292
that is not a /v/ meme
>>
>>269182110
normally but then Migi wakes up after to snidely rib Shinichi about how it’s an “inefficient method of procreation”
>>
>>269187698
it would've been more interesting if Migi shapeshifted into plants and insects, or a gun even, but it's always muscles and blades.
>>
File: -5x14bt.jpg (188 KB, 1200x834)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>269192265
That's because his host is a human dumbass

>shapeshifted into plants and insects, or a gun even

A gun how tf would that even make sense are this retarded?
>>
File: file.png (1.24 MB, 1920x1080)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>269193060
it's unironically canon but never does it ever again, Migi's a fucking hack
>>
>>269193403
I only remember him shifting into a dick in the manga but that gun is most likely a flesh gun lol
>>
>>269181462
Upgrade? Parasite came out first in the 90s so kaiju 8 is a downgrade!
>>
>>269193874
>alien parasyte can shapeshift into literal steal blades that can cut through anything and even deflect bullets
>flesh gun
anon?
I'm not saying he should shout parts of himself as bullets and lose its own masse that way, but he can definitely make an empty gun.
>>
>>269193974
>>269181587
semantics
the time of release doesn't matter
>>
WHAT WILL MYSELF LOOK LIKE?
>>
Kaiju 8 is a simple action series.
The anime should do its own thing with it, cannot go wrong because it's very simple.

The author clearly has either health issues or got tired of it quickly, only releases bi-weekly now.
>>
>>269183996
How are you even comparing a series that hardly anyone talks about with one that's so overblown in popularity that normalfags who don't watch anime at all and have at best seen some internet meme or "I draw for money and clout" "artist" drawing of it claim to be huge fans of the medium?
>>
Easily the best take on a "Natural predator of humanity" species.
>Grounded and believable hunting strategy. (Disguising self as the people they turn into hosts)
>Origin never explicitly revealed, only their simple purpose and what drives them. (Predatory instinct)
>In the end when humanity grows privy to their tricks they are easily hunted down and slaughtered in the late-game arcs, like any other predator we've encountered throughout history.
>Hinted at in the ending that any survivors adapted by abstaining from eating humans and fully integrating into human society.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.