[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719325049020699.jpg (136 KB, 850x757)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Why aren't there any mmf love triangles in romcoms aimed at men? Male rivals will only spice things up and make the victory that much more satisfying when the MC wins over the girl in the end.
picunrel
>>
>>269209899
If I were freiren I would fuck other men in front of himmel
>>
>>269209899
>when the MC wins over the girl in the end.
And what about the people who self-inserted as the other guy?
>>
>>269209983
Don't they deserve mental punishment for betting on the wrong guy who isn't even the MC?
>>
>>269210007
If a girl was entertaining the idea of another male for long enough that it would be called a "love triangle", she's never going to be faithful.
That's not a woman you'd want to commit to.
>>
Ack
>>
>>269210051
Bro I'm not here to argue with your incel logic.
All I'll say is It's normal to be attracted to two guys at a time. It's normal to be attracted to other men while you're in a relationship with one as long as you don't cheat on one.
>>
>>269209899
most men don't enjoy NTR flavored romcoms, its not comedic, its just frustrating and regretcore, women enjoy that sort of thing more because they can self-insert as the heroine, same reason why men like to watch harem romances because they can pretend to be popular with the ladies.
>>
>>269210160
>NTR flavored romcoms
How the fuck is it NTR when you grindmaxx and btfo other men
>>
>>269210136
>It's normal to be attracted to other men while you're in a relationship with one
You've outed yourself as an unfaithful person
>>
>>269210200
You can't control your thoughts and desires. All you can do is muster up enough will power to not act out on them when necessary.
>>
>>269209899
>mmf love triangles
Like when you cunts should "NTR!" at everything and anything? Seems common enough to me.
>>
>>269210223
>You can't control your thoughts and desires.
Maybe you can't
>>
File: f07.jpg (67 KB, 640x499)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>269209899
Self-inserters are losers who can't handle the idea of competition. They wouldn't be able to tolerate another males presence (or in the case of yurifags, a male presence at all) because they could never see themselves winning in a genuine competition. If they ever had a girl IRL they would immediately forfeit her to the first man who comes along and also shows interest. Adding love triangles would be an immediate push back to reality via a constant reminder of their incapability, ruining the escapism factor they're watching romcoms for.
>>
>>269210924
>made with mematic
You're the biggest faggot it the world
>>
>>269210963
What a petty guy you are
always getting offender over stupid shit
>>
>>269209899
Read shoujo them, plenty of mmf.
>>
>>269211891
but they are from the pov of feMCs and males are written for female gaze
>>
>>269210356
>>269210223
I think you two are talking about two different things.
It's one thing to look at someone and have an instinctual level understanding that they're good looking or attractive or sexy. You cannot control that.
It's another thing to consciously consider said instinctual attraction and have to monologue yourself out of acting in on it. That'd be being unfaithful because it betrays that some convincing would be enough to get you to cheat. A faithful person would realize that a person is attractive and not have any sort of impulse to even consider acting on said attraction.
>>
>>269210051
What if she doesn't show any interest in either the entire time until near the end.
>>
>>269209899
>Male rival triangle romcom
Wrong genre, room temperature iq anon.
Those are exclusively for shoujo.
>>
>>269209899
that's NTR
>>
>>269210223
You may not be able to control the initial uprising of thoughts or desires, but you can most certainly control them to a degree by restricting or eliminating them.
In your previous example, if you have someone you're attracted to while dating a person, you do your best to not be around them to not let the attraction grow or be sustained.

>>269212769
They're likely talking about either a third thing or the thing that's in between the two options you presented. I have known women who would be dating guy one, know guy two likes them, and continue to hang out with and try to be friends with them. I've been both guys on different occasions and it never ended up well.

>>269212783
I would watch a show where two guys try to outdo each other to win the affections of some girl, and it increasingly turns into the girl walking away in disgust and the two guys fight or whatever. Then they start getting along and still try to get the girl. And then the girl leaves and the two guys become simply bros (no homo).
Epilogue is fast forwarding to some time in the future where they both have wives and their kids are friends/rivals as neighbors or something.
>>
>>269209899
This made me remember a Japanese live-action movie I watched years ago. It was about 2 delinquents who are the best bros BUT they are in love with the same girl so even they are bros they compete for the love of this girl. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the movie but I'm sure it was based off an old manga.
>>
>>269212885
>. I have known women who would be dating guy one, know guy two likes them, and continue to hang out with and try to be friends with them.
That's just a standard woman moment. They will always do this.
>>
>>269213331
Yes. And it confounds and infuriates me.
>>
>>269210007
If the story is about a triangle, what makes one corner more main than the other two?
>>
>>269209899
I'm not into cuckoldry, sorry.
>>
>>269210963
I like how you struggled to think of anything to strike back at the previous guy but found nothing better than a picture watermark
>>
>>269209899
you need really strong male MCs to pull it off so thats eliminating like 90% of all anime

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.