[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708782591715324.png (947 KB, 1920x1080)
947 KB
947 KB PNG
I've tried to get into Korean manhwa lately, and it's almost all shit.

Pic related is praised as some of the best shit out there and it's extremely mediocre and gay.
>>
>>269210799
Soulless people, soulless products
>>
>>269210799
light novels are written by hack authors ripping off each other's ideas endless, now imagine some even bigger hack authors in korea decide to rip off the worst japan light novelists have to offer. there's your manhwa. It's absolute trash, the only reason people even bother is because at first it feels like a different flavor of something familiar but it's absolute trash, korea is the toilet bowl of east asian culture
>>
>>269211009
Into shoujo, but some of their stuff from the nineties has soul and is virtually indistinguishable from Japan stuff.
Legend of Nereid and The Queen's Knight spring to mind... Land of Silver Rain, too.

The souless slop is new.
>>
>>269210799
Because you read slop. Read Peerless Dad and Kubera.
>>
>>269210799
There's only a few Manhwa worth reading: Breaker S1 & 2, they turned 3 into slop not worth reading, Dice The Cube That Changes Everything (because of how they set up the system and side drama), Pigpen (psychological horror) and if I were to remember the name of that manhwa where the character moves into a cheap apartment and the people around him are a little bit mentally disturbed people and has to deal with that shit, good reads, I just don't remember the names that well kek.
>>
>>269211374
Dice isnt the one that one of the main girls fuck a battalion of men?
>>
the faggots struggle to live with all the bullying and pressure everyday and you expect they can produce something good to be read?
>>
>>269210799
Everything about Korea is overrated, even their films
>>
>>269210799
Because Koreans a very weird, inauthentic people
>>
Because you read translations and don't actually know Korean.
>>
>>269212637
I highly doubt it's the translation that's the problem.
>>
>>269210799
(South) Koreans are not human they are 78% plastic and the remaining percentage is botox.
>>
>>269211898
Japanese managed to do that in the 80-10s, why can't Korea?
>>
>>269210799
Silly anon, you manwhas for smut and a quick fap
You're mistake thinking those faggots actually have soul in the first place

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.