[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nyuu.jpg (32 KB, 640x480)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
What was the narrative significane of Nyuu from the acclaimed series Elfen Lied pissing herself in the house?
>>
idk but i prefer lucy

also the ED is kino
>>
>>269212200
If you read the manga you’ll see the author has a pee kink.
>>
>>269212200
diclonius pee is good for me
>>
>>269212200
This is the 15498th time we've had this discussion. The fact is that she had regressed to an infant-like state and was unable to express that she had to go to the bathroom.
>>
File: Chapter72Page27.png (311 KB, 821x1200)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>269212200
Foreshadowing.
>>
File: 1721907570909520.jpg (148 KB, 960x731)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>269212200
I don't like gore. But Elfen Lied feels different, it's art.
>>
File: 1671202094213067.png (217 KB, 492x435)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>269212200
To make useless Yuka have something to do (clean up piss)
>>
>>269214356
>it's art
I thought the same when i was 15.
Then i rewatched it as an adult.
It's not good. It's entry level deep but handled very poorly.
>>
>>269214797
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Elfen Lied. The storytelling is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of detailing most of the story will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Lucy's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from the mitochondrial Eve theory, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this story, to realise that it's not just edgy- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Elfen Lied truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Nyuu's existential catchphrase "Nyuu," which itself is a cryptic reference to CLAMP's Japanese epic Chobits. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Mamoru Kanbe's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Lucy tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the gentlemen's eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably higher) beforehand.
>>
Elfen Lied is complete garbage for edgy teenagers. I recommend this video, this beautiful lady really lays out how it came to be so big in the 2000s even though it's shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trwdaJA-6z8
>>
I've been naming my HD partitions "Nyuu" and "Lucy" for 19 years :D
>>
File: this is my answer.jpg (21 KB, 720x405)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>269212200

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.