[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1702395026957593.png (268 KB, 800x616)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
Why is it so iconic?
>>
>>269213779
Great and colorful Aesthetics
>>
>>269213779
traditional japanese aesthetic, I fucking hate urban fantasy
knows when to end and doesn't meander
>>
>>269213779
manga or anime, which medium should I pick for this story?
>>
>>269213779
It isn't.
>>
>>269213960
Demon Slayer is an urban fantasy, though. Taisho era is not even 100 years ago (yet) and considered early modern Japan by historians.
>>269214290
This. Naruto had hand signs and all those cool jutsu that people would memorize and try to do, it also had that stupid run and Area 51 memes. DB had people try to go Super Saiyan and any series with flying kung fu dudes shooting chi blasts was associated with DB. OP has olympic athletes outright doing poses from the show. Any game about collecting monsters was instantly compared with Pokemon (even though Dragon Quest and Shin Megami Tensei both predates it), YGO had the card games and so on. That's how a series cements itself into the zeitgeist and becomes iconic.

With Demon Slayer, if I see a dude with a katana fighting monsters, I think of Bleach. Breath based martial arts designed to kill vampires (I refuse to call them demons, they're vampires)? I think of JoJo. Pillars? I think of Gotei 13. Upper Moons? I think of the Akatsuki. What is the unique thing about it? The sister with the muzzle, perhaps? She's the closest thing this series has to something iconic but she's barely even a character.

It's just hard to pinpoint at something original Demon Slayer did that it didn't just copy from other works.
>>
>>269214654
>With Demon Slayer, if I see a dude with a katana fighting monsters, I think of Bleach.
Trying hard lmao. If you ask a kid this, they'd say Kimetsu, if you ask an adult they'd say Kenshin

No one will remember Bleach and its Zanpangito
>>
>>269214213
The anime obviously, the early manga art is very rough.
>>
File: 129131075243803294.jpg (29 KB, 640x640)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>269213779
I would have unironically given this shit series a watch if the protagonist and his sister were lovers and ended up marrying and have kids in the finale
>>
>>269215136
The author is probably a sibling themselves, because the way they portray brother/sister relationships (many dramatic, some mundane) feels very sincere and poignant, unlike your wish fulfillment fetish.
>>
File: bleach.jpg (135 KB, 1080x1386)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>269214731
>No one will remember Bleach
That's also what people said 10 years ago when the first anime got cancelled and it survived with no anime after all these years.

And no, the first thing that comes to people's mind when they hear about an anime about a dude with a sword fighting monsters, is Bleach, not its rip-off. There's a reason why Bleach is a part of the Big 3. Also, Kenshin doesn't have monsters, all of the characters are humans.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.