[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 9jk6aa9rpy1c1.jpg (53 KB, 840x473)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlB9F7PoX0E
>“You reap what you sow” never had a more perfect example. Marley could’ve have just left the “Island devils” alone. They basically invited their doom.

Couldn't they have shown a little girl running away and being torn apart or something like in that atomic bomb scene from Barefoot Gen? It seems like most of the people who saw this scene just think it's awesome and that the non-Eldians are getting their comeuppance even though he's killing 80% of humanity, including like billions of children and babies.
>>
What would that do? Do you think an appeal to the emotion of the people you’ve been torturing is going to save you? Dead little girls are currency to terrorists and tyrants.
>>
>>269220099
>didn't genocide eldians
>eldians genocided marley
nah, eye for an eye should be equal
>>
>>269220099
they forced him to change the ending, he wrote a genocide that readers were okay with and that's bad
>>
>>269220317
The whole point of the rumbling is to end the cycle of violence trough genocide. Its not about eye for an eye, its about nobody will take my eye if there is nobody but me.
>>
>>269220099
It's crazy how the series erased itself from everyone's memory as soon as the anime ended
>>
>>269220495
thats what an absolute shit ending does to a series
I wanted to ignore it all and just rewatch the early seasons for nostalgias sake but I just cant
nothing fucking matters in this series absolutely nothing
>>
>>269220626
>I wanted to ignore it all and just rewatch the early seasons for nostalgias sake but I just cant
Same anon same, genuinely felt anger when Eren swore to avenge his Mother, knowing what I know now
>>
>>269220412
eldians can also kill themselves to achieve that
even eren admitted that
>>
>>269221557
Its in human nature to dominate others. Its in human nature to try not to die, if at all possible. The story was about the cycle of human violence, and its causes and effects. If Eren decided to kill all eldians, it wouldn't have made any sense from a thematical point of view. Bro was doomed to choose genocide from the start. SnK was pretty hard deterministic desu.
>>
>>269221778
why didn't eren do it? because he's a coward, he admitted it himself
>Its in human nature to dominate others. Its in human nature to try not to die, if at all possible
it's in human nature to die
trying to survive is denying your design
you should accept that you're going to die
unlike eren, he wanted to live so bad and yet he only has like 10 years to live because of his titan-shifting power
and since this idiot couldn't accept death, he cried like a little bitch
it's so fucking pathetic
>>
reminder that connie was going to be a fleshed out character with personal goals and motivations (avenge his village = kill zeke) but isayama completely forgot about that because he's a hack writer so all we got from him was comic relief and a scene where him and armin were being complete retards with falco.
>>
File: JUST.png (52 KB, 690x371)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>269222339
I still have this saved
>>
reminder that sasha was supposed to die early in the series but isayama's editor whined about it so isayama kept her in (because he's a hack writer) but didn't give her any personal goals or motivations for us to follow so all we got from her was comic relief.
>>
>>269222440
Nearly the entire cast was suppose to die at some point, but the anime's success made Isayama pull back. Other than being told it would have been similar to The Mist, I wonder how his original plan would have looked like.
>>
File: 1713008083084564.png (308 KB, 967x475)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>269222295
>trying to survive is denying your design
No, because as long as you're alive, you try to survive. Your design is to be alive, and once you die, that design falls apart into something else. A thing thats designed to die, will just die without trying to live. Humans dont do that, because humans are designed to live. Its in nature of all things to someday break down and take on a new shape, we just cant help that. But humans would obviously like to dominate even such a natural law.
>why didn't eren do it? because he's a coward
Obviously. Death of you is scary, death of your community is scary. Fear is a response to danger so you can stay alive longer so you can reproduce. Why do you think Eren was crying about Misaka in the end? Human nature is hardcoded into our genes. Its a matrix nobody is ever going to break out of.
>>
>headcanon
I love watching /a/ try to justify SnK's horrible writing.
>>
>>269220099
How would you feel if some Jews decided that the rest of the humanity needs to die after Arabs attacked Israel?
>>
>>269223101
Being jewish from israel, i'd say good fucking riddance
>>
>>269220412
Eldians had 2 civil wars in 4 years, even if the rumbling had been completed they'd have just gone back to killing each other.
>>
File: 1706454151115498.png (246 KB, 440x309)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>269223214
Obviously. This just shows the inherent yet understandable flaw in the way these characters thought. Kinda ass how the cycle of human violence is due to human nature, so you'd have to get rid of all humans to get rid of all human violence. Its also in human nature to not die if at all possible, so killing yourself is not even a choice on the table for most. People will be horrible assholes to each other, always. People are stuck in a cycle in which they are the cause, yet they cannot help themselves even if they were to see the part in which the cycle starts anew.
>>
File: gigameds.png (2.15 MB, 2561x1438)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>269223101
>Paradis is Britain
>>
>>269220626
It went to shit way before the ending. Post basement the plot goes full retard and the only character who can do anything about it is Eren with his bullshit magic god powers because it's set up that way.
It's a shame because before that it had a pretty decent ensemble cast with all the major characters contributing something. But once it stops being about titans and turns into retarded politics, the characters get forced awkwardly into roles and situations that don't fit them and most of the set-up and development happens offscreen in egregious violation of "show don't tell" so the author doesn't have to make it believable. The entire four years gap between RtS and Marley is summarized via flashback in ONE episode. Absolutely bonkers.
>>
>>269220495
>>269220626
I still hear some people call it their favorite anime, so it can't be all THAT bad to normalfags.
>>
>>269220495
>>269220626
Looks like it still lives rent free in your head though.
>>
>>269225313
Genuinely only saw this thread pop up on the catalogue and clicked it, hadn't thought about the manga in months personally. All my normalfag friends also moved on already

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.