[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Compared to earlier shounen series the characters and world just doesn't draw me in as much. Am I just a jaded ojii-san? P.s. I watched Hunter X Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho for the first time AFTER watching JJK, and I got way more sucked into them
>>
File: 1721563421713508.jpg (139 KB, 600x406)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>269223399
JJK has been absolute trash since the blonde guy died. This manga fell off hard and it's only popular because of the anime. The story is worst than anything in Black Clover and the combat is boring, after Sukuna-Madara showed up it fell all the way to the bottom where it will never leave from. Killing the only character people gave a fuck about for shock value was so obvious that Gege is only running on weekly controversy where he kills someone new every chapter, it has gotten old. If Yuuta couldn't beat him then why the fuck even do all this shit about putting him in the popular character's body it's all so retarded. This manga will go down in history as the fairy tail of modern era not because the power of friendship wins every fights but because the power of friendship will beat Sukuna and Natsu esque protagonist.
>>
>>269223823
>anything in Black Clover
You had me until this part. There's literally nothing worse than Black Clover. Even fucking chatgp could come up with a better shounen.
>>
I'm glad Gojo's death filtered thousands
>>
>>269223399
the combat system is neat but the story as a whole is poorly structured and lacks thematically, the world isn't too interesting, and the characters have barely any development and the plot only follows them based on popularity polls
>>
>>269223399
The characters are the most important part of any good story and JJK's characters are woefully underdeveloped. The narrative sort of just jumps from one fight to the next without giving the reader the chance to breathe and actually fleshing out the characters
>but it's called Sorcery Fight!
I know. That doesn't mean you neglect the fundamentals of storytelling.
>>
>>269223823
Case in point:

**Title: "Celestial Warriors"**

**Plot Summary:**
In a world where the sky is divided into seven celestial realms, each governed by a different constellation, young Kaito Tanaka dreams of becoming a Celestial Warrior—a legendary protector who harnesses the power of the stars. Kaito lives in the humble town of Astra, which is under the shadow of an ancient curse that has weakened the barrier between realms.

One fateful day, Kaito discovers a hidden celestial relic that grants him the ability to channel the power of the stars. However, this power comes with a price: he must undergo intense training to master it and prevent an impending celestial catastrophe. As he trains, he is joined by a diverse group of friends, each with their unique abilities linked to different constellations. Together, they face powerful adversaries, solve ancient riddles, and unravel the mysteries of the celestial realms.

**Main Characters:**

1. **Kaito Tanaka**: The protagonist, a passionate and determined teenager with a deep connection to the stars. He wields the power of the constellation Orion.

2. **Mika Arashi**: A skilled archer and Kaito's childhood friend, who channels the power of the constellation Sagittarius. She’s known for her sharp instincts and fierce loyalty.

**Themes:**

- **Friendship and Teamwork**: The bond between Kaito and his friends is crucial as they face challenges together and grow as individuals.

- **Courage and Perseverance**: Kaito’s journey is one of self-discovery and overcoming personal fears to protect those he cares about.

- **Mystery and Discovery**: The story delves into ancient celestial secrets and the lore of the constellations.

**Setting:**

The manga takes place across the seven celestial realms, each with its unique environment and challenges. From the serene Realm of Pisces to the fiery Realm of Leo, the diverse settings provide a rich backdrop for adventure and exploration.
>>
>>269223935
His death was anticlimactic and cheap. Perfect setup for him to come back later but that was wasted. Not a good use of his character.
>>
>>269223892
Asta is better character than anything in JJK
>>
>>269223966
I dunno, it starts off with interesting cursed energy techniques and then ends up with people shooting lazer beams at eachother and hitting eachother with instakills that don't instakills.
>>
>>269223935
cheap shock value that didn't even work on the normalfags who like this character, let alone anyone else
gege really needs to take a creative writing class
>>
>>269223935
for me it was him, Kashimo, Kenjaku, and Higuruma dying within a span of ten chapters
>b-but they aren’t confi-
just like Nobara?
>>
>>269224249
yeah it sort of overstayed its welcome. there's only so much you can do after you've given everyone instant regeneration, infinite mana with black flash, and calvinball domains.
>>
>>269223399
I saw the first anime season and i am not interested in more, it felt like if someone that writes stories in wattpad was given unlimited budget, i liked Nanami tho
>>
>>269223399
yeah when the mc's power ended up being "PUNCH HARDER WITH A RANDOM CHANCE TO MAKE THE HARDER PUNCH PUNCH EVEN HARDER (this "random chance" will always happen every single time btw)" i lost interest in the fightfag aspect and sadly that's all it had going for it.
we've aged out of battle shounen, op.
>>
>>269224351
>infinite mana with black flash
that's the worst part. back to full but only when the plot calls for it because "randmoly punching within a gorrilionth of a second lmao" bullshit plot contrivance
>>
>>269224128
>anticlimactic and cheap
>>269224276
>cheap shock value
pure seethe
>>
>>269223399
It got pretty bad since the culling games started but I still find it fun to read. I always thought the "power system" was super lame though, and the world building is extremely lacking, it's just such complete nonsense that it's hard to articulate why I don't like it, but since I like the characters and the fights I've just kind of overlooked how poorly thought out and have fun with it.
>>
I like JJK for being shounen slop fightfest it's not really doing much else. A lot of people think the current fight is dragging too long but I like that the (hopefully) final boss needs to be chipped at for eternity although the scaling being inconsistent has hurt it, however I like how almost every character is included in the fight.

Tl;Dr JJK is dumb fun

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.