[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1720617128590031.jpg (1.06 MB, 3264x3264)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
I miss when these two ruled over /a/
>>
>>269226934
We loved Shaft's quints movie specials
Kyoto is burned down
>>
>Shaft back with new Monogatari and its good
>Kyoani making more Hibike and it's mediocre, not even considering they're not going back to stuff like Haruhi that was popular in the past
>>
Shaft is airing new Monogatari episodes right now and KyoAni just capped off one of their best anime of all time.
The only difference is people need to have watched both studios respective longest series so newfags don't give a shit.
>>
File: feet.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
It still blows my mind how kyoanus' low quality (in both storytelling and visuals) adaptations were no only popular, but considered the highest of quality by the 12 year olds who watched 'em.
>>
>>269226934
Kyoani is so fascinating to me
I don't think another animation studio has played it so safe in terms of what projects to adapt to anime for so many years.
I'm not shitting them, they're still one of my favorite studios but I'd love to see them do an original project or adapt an ambitious work.
>>
>>269227491
The only good thing Kyoani ever did was haruhi, everything else ranges from mid to shit
>>
Some day the sun will shine again
>>
File: 1383857804364.jpg (48 KB, 300x340)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>269226934
>>
>>269228220
Those safe decisions are what lets them keep their level of quality and pace without going bankrupt, especially after the fire.
>>
>>269226934
why doesn't kyoani make romcoms anymore?
>>
>>269226934
>lose yamada
>never make a good anime again
Grim
>>
>>269228220
Violet Evergarden is one of the most ambitious projects out there
Unless you think a literal who story, from a literal who author, was a safe bet to turn into the longest, most difficult and most expensive series they've ever made
Chances are you will not see something of that caliber in decades

Do you people even think before you start spewing nonsense
>>
>>269227813
>visuals
Ironic for you to say that when Shaft is the studio notorious for being plagued with cutting corners, poor animation, and off-model art.
>>
>>269231078
Shaft never had a cult of mentally ill tripfags claiming their shows featured the greatest visuals the medium of animation has ever known.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.