[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1664574973631130.png (932 KB, 1144x653)
932 KB
932 KB PNG
It's been 2 years and episode 6 still hasn't been topped in recent history.
Come on anime industry, step up your game.
>>
I liked the song
>>
>>269230982
OP is young zoomer /thread
>>
>>269231071
>actually /thread his own comment
Holy fucking kys
>>
>>269231051
Major crimes and zurawie were perfect in it. The music in the series but this episode specifically really bumped it up a level you don't see in anime very frequently. I also can't think of many that have the kind of single episode buildup/climax that this episode does.
>>
File: 1479.png (1.84 MB, 1920x1080)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
Time is flowing by, but everything is still the same.
>>
I liked Edgerunners but that episode was fake kino
>>
>>269230982
it was brilliant kino
>>
>>269230982
>some random dude dies
>everything still looks like shit
Huh.
>>
>>269231454
That describes every episode of the show.
>>
>>269231402
What the fuck is fake kino supposed to mean, cyberpsychosis was brought up several times before the episode where Maine loses it, it's not like it's completely random
>>
>>269231649
It's trying to be impactful and emotionally gripping when it's not.
The finale of the anime is kino because of a thing called catharsis.
>>
>>269231071
>in recent history
OP specifically said "in recent history"
>>
>>269231836
Not everything needs to be 'payoff' to be good, that's the entire point of the show.
Maine fucked up and died, and was forgotten about by the world at large. David saw firsthand just how fucked up the life he set out on gets. That was what made the episode good. It was the loss of what remained of his innocence
>>
>>269231836
I think it can be hard to follow on first watch everything leading up to the events of that episode but a lot of stuff really does come together and happen all at once in that episode other than just maine going cyberpsycho. I get what you're saying and there's probably an element of it, but it's not completely unearned.
>>
>>269230982
Arcane is better
>>
>>269232545
Unfortunately it's definitely at least comparable if not better. Edgerunners shoots it's load twice, in episode 6 and the end. Arcane does it 3 times at the end of each 3-episode group.
Music is doing a lot in both cases, anime need to step up their score game instead of just having generic 'dramatic anime music'.
>>
>>269232629
I liked both. But Edgerunners does hit a slup after episode 6 and the finale isn't really that good because the guy is impossible to sympathize with post-timeskip

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.