[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GC8aTfUXoAAWSZF.jpg (1.66 MB, 3011x2048)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
Are they actually good or just overrated zoomer shit?
>>
zoomers hate it tho
>>
hello bot
>>
the Frieren manga is a good manga, an 8/10 so far
Dungeon Meshi is the best fantasy manga of all time
Kui Ryoko is arguably the greatest mangaka that has ever lived, and she's 100% the greatest mangaka in activity, without a shadow of a doubt
I haven't watched either anime, but do you understand now why your thread makes 0 sense? you casually used the word "overrated" to the top fantasy manga of all time

if I could, I would punch you in the face, dyel
>>
File: 117967549_p0.jpg (619 KB, 1341x1764)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
both are good
>>
>>269236024
Out of these 2 only watched Frieren, read the manga too until Vol. 11, and its KINO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q64AxD9CKPA&ab_channel=EvanCall-Topic
>>
Overrated Redditshit
>>
>>269236024
How about you watch and rate it for yourself instead of making a thread that will inevitably be filled with "Old Good, New Bad" contrarians on this hellboard.
>>
File: 1715598238714720.png (190 KB, 225x350)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>269236339
You should read Dungeon Meshi too
It's pure KINO
>>
>>269236024
just watch the damn thing you faggot
form your own opinion retard
fucking sheep
>>
Frieren was barely watchable despite having great visuals, which is quite the feat in its own right.
>>
>>269236412
I pretend to watch it too, but its not on Crunchyroll in my country. Only on Netflix, and I do'nt want to subscribe to Netflix.
>>
>>269236024

They are both pretty good. Not to tragic and serious like 80´s and 90´s high fantasy anime but not empty subverting power fantasy isekai slop like the last 2 decades either.
>>
>>269236024
They are both pretty good. Not the best anime ever but probably the best recent fantasy anime
>>
>>269236024
I only read the manga for those so I can't really say about the anime. They're both alright. I preferred Dungeon Meshi, Kui's autism really sells it.
>>269236456
>streamfagging
>>
>>269236563
>Not to tragic and serious like 80´s and 90´s high fantasy anime
nothing was too tragic or serious about high fantasy boomer anime. also
>minor spelling mistake
get fucked
>>
>>269236024
Left is good
Right is shit
>>
>>269236024
Neither is a masterpiece but I enjoyed both.

t. boomer
>>
Couldn't make past episode three of Crap Meshi, so it's clearly horrible.
>>
>>269236024
Frieren is good
Dungeon Meshi is one of those shows/manga where the retard gimmick gets really boring after a while
>>
>>269236024
They are generic "fantasy" manga (not really, more like JRPG with a hint of battle shounen shit) that cater to normalfags
>>
>>269236024
They are really fucking good, and zoomers actually hate them.
>>
>>269236024
Yes.
>>
>>269236024
They are both excellent or, as the youngers call it, "kino".
>>
>>269236024
They're the best fantasy anime of the decade so far. Whether that's a statement on the quality of the shows or the industry is up to you.
>>
>>269236024
Dungeon Meshi is the best fantasy manga. Frieren is okay at best.
>>
>>269236024
Best fantasy anime of all time
>>
>>269236972
>They're the best fantasy anime of the decade so far.
Said who
>>
>>269236563
Fantasy anime has never been very good. Frieren and DM might be the best there's ever been.
>>
>>269236024
If you call yourself a fan of anime, then you owe it to yourself to watch these masterpieces.
>>
File: 1715301692209135.jpg (574 KB, 1939x2659)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
>>269236024
>>
File: Toriko.jpg (543 KB, 1200x1800)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
>>269236024
I tried to get into Dungeon Meshi but it gave me PTSD of how Toriko got done dirty due to the similar premise
>>
File: 1708910215082508.jpg (1.91 MB, 2393x3295)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>269237095
>>
>>269236024

9/10 shows
>>
>>269236839
>not really, more like JRPG with a hint of battle shounen shit
you don't even know what dnd is, zoomer
>>
>>269236024
Season 1 of Frieren is worth the hype. Season 2 is a step down but still bretty gud.
>>
>>269236024
Left is overrated zoomer shit
Right is decent at best
Fags who will calle these two shows "masterpieces" haven't read enough fantasy to know that Frieren is absolute garbage
>>
I wish Meshi had never gotten an anime adaptation. Now retards like this mention it and trash like Frieren in the same breath
>>
>>269238151
>haven't read enough fantasy
I've read one book from the Mazalan series every month this year, I also read The Name of the Wind and The Way of Kings (among others) last year, and I think Frieren is good fantasy anime. Now what? Pro-tip: pretending to read books doesn't make you better at evaluating visual media, faggot.
>>
>>269236024
right is, left is decently animanted trash manga adaptation
>>
>>269236024
I want to rape Falin
>>
Frieren is overrated native isekaishit.
Dungeon Meshi is great
>>
>>269236024
Both are good, but Frieren is definitely overrated.
>>
File: GOf-gMebsAA2EOV.jpg (258 KB, 1365x2048)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>269237342
I'm firmly in camp Meshi tho I read Frieren since chapter 1 but I simply must post this.
>>
Remember the days when we used to actually watch shit & formed our own opinions instead of judging shows based on what other people though? Social media was a mistake.
>>
>>269236024
Frieren is great whenever Stark isn't doing some stupid overused trope or better yet not on screen at all.
>>
>>269236024
Frieren gets really samey after a while and has bad world building, while the opposite happens with Dungeon Meshi which makes it way better in my opinion.
>>
>>269238270
>Frieren is good fantasy
Lol
>Non-existent world building
>Magic system literally based off of asspulls rather than something more arcane and mystical
>Towns are literally the same everywhere in the entire continent and lack an unique identity
>The Demons are evil because they just are
>Different races exist in Friend but Humans are the dominant race somehow
>Dwarfs exist in Frieren but have no impact in the world at all
>Elves went extinct while warring with the Demons but Humans didn't
>Time Travel as a main plot-point killing the whole "the passage of time" theme so many retards praised it for
>The structure of the chapters have the same execution to deliver the "message" or the "moral" of said chapter with flashbacks
>Characterization put aside for shitty shounen battles
Nice fantasy you got there
>>
Any nigger who unironically uses zoomer should be permabanned from every board
>>
File: Jyebi0oJqk.png (637 KB, 868x940)
637 KB
637 KB PNG
>>269238870
you're wrong about literally everything you typed so you clearly didn't watch the show or read the manga and I'm not in the mood to bully a retard. I'll accept your response, whether it was bait or you just shooting in the dark, as a concession. have a nice evening.
>>
>>269236024
They are both, at the very least, good.
>>
>>269236024
They are awful. Nothing is good. You will never be happy, might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>269239050
>you clearly didn't watch the show or read the manga
What a delusional desperate faggot you are. I watched and read the manga, that's why I think Frieren is garbage.
It started as something unique, but it devolved into another average shounen of the bunch. And the latest Empire Arc looks like more shounen slop is coming
If you enjoy eating garbage, good for you dude. But don't except others to find it as tasteful as you do.
>>
>H-Ha its s-shit!
>Why?
>I-It's popular!
What do you call this thinking?
>>
>>269238270
>I've read one book from the Mazalan series every month this year, I also read The Name of the Wind and The Way of Kings (among others) last year, and I think Frieren is good fantasy anime.

So you only started reading fantasy since last year (which was when Frieren came out)? What were you doing from the decades before?

Well the appeal of high fantasy has always been the large scale conflicts, in which the magic system and worldbuilding is often intertwined on the greater philosophical conflicts explored in their respective settings. That and also alot of mysteries and speculation, both within the nature of the world, but also the drama and intertwined plot threads that mix across large ensemble casts. These are stories about the WORLD after all, there is a certain feeling of grandness when reading them you wouldn't feel in other genres.

If you talk about Frieren or Dungeon Meshi or LN/Manga "fantasy" in general, those elements do not really exist or aren't the focus at all, the world basically is just a kitchen-sink to focus on character stories more. You can do that, but desu the fantasy setting is kinda pointless at that point since you could easily explore those topics in real world settings or dramas anyways. Hence why calling them good "fantasy" dosen't really make sense because the fantasy elements are quite weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZtWQIhRr0

Take this tune from GoT for example, it's an archetypal tune that you could fit into most fantasy series. But if you put it into Dungeon Meshi or Frieren it would just seem out of place. Which is exactly the point, the "soul" of fantasy isn't apparent in these series.
>>
>>269236024
I'm an elitist who hates the vast majority of anime and manga.

Haven't seen Frieren yet and but Dungeon Meshi has some amazing characters and character designs. Most importantly, it fills me with creativity and energy. I'm gonna check out the manga soon, though I assume it's 100% amazing.

Dungeon Meshi honestly kept me sane while I was Berserk is at it's lowest point ever, Dorohedoro season 2 is still up in the air, and the painful release date of Witch Hat Atelier and even any information about the anime release.
>>
>>269239767
What are your favourite anime and manga?
>>
>>269236024
left is really fucking boring a 2/10
right is a meme 5/10
>>
File: frierenexcite.png (35 KB, 181x239)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>269236024
I really enjoyed Frieren, definitely one of my favorite anime from recent years, haven't watched dungeon yet.
>>
>>269239576
The appeal of fantasy is seeing characters interact with fantastical settings and learning about how the mundane and fantastical converge.

Dungeon Meshi's entire plot centers around the character interacting with and consuming magical creatures. It is interesting to see how the fantastical element (a kelpie) is gutted, cooked and eaten (mundane element). Seeing the weaving of the mundane and fantastical is pivotal for fantasy and even Sci-Fi. Magic is the centerpoint of the story too. Dungeon Meshi is also designed to appeal to those that love playing old school tabletop RPGs and video game fantasy RPGs.

If your view of "fantasy" or "high fantasy" is le epic I Hobbit trilogy and GOT giant army battles, you're view of fantasy is severely fucking limited. The only fantasy series I even own that has any giant fantasy battles is Lord of the Rings, and Lord of the Rings focus isn't even ON the le epic fantasy battles, but how four hobbit farmhands are swept into a giant fantasy adventure alongside some of the most legendary people in the world. Again, the mundane (hobbits) meeting and interacting with the fantastical.

Also, if your judge of what makes good and bad fantasy is some shitty GoT music, you have your argument. I might as well say that you have a bad romance movie if you don't have a shitty flute playing the titanic theme in it.

>Sources?
I've read book of the new sun, berserk, witch hat atelier, dorohedoro, caught up with dai dark, devilman, inuyasha, Song of Ice and Fire, the hobbot + lotr + the silmoailliaon, several ghilbi movies, the twilight princess manga, sandman, metro 2033 series, big fan of Vermis, tons of fantasy video games, from the Soulsborne games to various indie games and shit like Bioshock, Dishonored, Skyrim, Fear & Hunger and other fantasy shit. I've collaborated in various worldbuilding projects with multiple other people and I've been both roleplaying in TTRPGs and creative writing for literal years now.
>>
>>269239919
I used to be a Berserk fagboy for years before it was super mainstream. It still holds a place in my heart for sure, but the current situation and branching out really made me appreciate other works too.

Dorohedoro and Berserk are both up there for me for sure. Dorohedoro's manga has so many mixed-media elements into it and virtually no characters I find annoying. Ebisu and Chota would have me in hysterics.

Witch Hat Atelier has amazing art and probably my favorite magic system in anything ever. I feel like it's the "anti-dorohedoro" in the best way possible. It's ongoing and really far from any ending so I'll have to see the ending before I can truly rank it anywhere.

Devilman was one of the first manga I've ever read alongside Berserk, again soft spot.

Ghost in the shell is a generic answer but that movie was a perfect movie. Second movie I enjoyed, but only because I could actually understand the references they make.

Iria: Zeiram the Animation is one of my favorites too. I love how it injects culture into Sci-Fi, it's a very cool setting and bleeds old school animation.

My guilty pleasures are Full Metal Alchemist and Franken Fran. FMA has a lot of faults and illogical stuff happen, but the setting and magic system is very consistent (for a shonen anyway) and I cannot help but love characters like Alex Louis Armstrong in almost every single scene he's in. Al and Ed's brotherhood bond is awesome too and I love Al's design how they use the fact he's a child trapped in a living suit of armor.

Franken Fran is the closest I've gotten to a "dorohedoro" franchise with it's black comedy. It might be the most fucked up things I've read, way worse then Berserk or Dorohedoro by far, maybe even more then Junji Ito or some other horror authors. It's so funny and fucked up even if much of the dialogue and jokes don't translate well outside of the Japanese language / culture. Fran's also has an amazing design for a character. Not the best, but favorite
>>
>>269240327
Dungeon Meshi is very kino so far for it's strong characters. Whatever issues I have with it would be faggy nitpicking. I'm gonna get into the manga soon, but I really get the impression it might be as good as Dorohedoro. I have a fuckton of Dorohedoro and Berserk merch and Dungeon Meshi will probably be filling my shelves next.
>>
>>269236024
>1000 years old grand mage gets eaten by the chest mimic again
>please laugh
that's Frieren for you
>>
>>269236024
I was thinking of watching frieren because of the studio. Does she show feet?
>>
>>269237046
Name one that isn't isekai trash.
>>
>>269240070

>If your view of "fantasy" or "high fantasy" is le epic I Hobbit trilogy and GOT giant army battles, you're view of fantasy is severely fucking limited.

That's definitionally what high fantasy entails. You literally said in above post that you read Stormlight Archive and Malazan, of which the former literally has massive battles going on at the very start of the Gardens of the Moon. Heck Gardens of the Moon's entire plot is about the Empire's encroachment of Darujhistan amongst greater political machinations amongst the Gods and an awakening of a Jaghut Tyrant. It's not really about the mundane, hell many things are barely given any explanation and the magic is more fantastical than well defined. And that's an archetypal fantasy, Lightbringer, Licanius, Goblin Emperor, WoT, Sanderson, etc all contain similar elements.

If you're not focusing on scale, if you don't care about it, you are definitionally moving towards a different genre like Sword & Sorcery or Iyashikei, etc. Nothing wrong with that, but as I say, dramas and literary fiction or magic realism can handle those mundane themes to a far greater extent.

>I've read book of the new sun, berserk, witch hat atelier, dorohedoro, caught up with dai dark, devilman, inuyasha, Song of Ice and Fire, the hobbot + lotr + the silmoailliaon, several ghilbi movies, the twilight princess manga, sandman, metro 2033 series, big fan of Vermis, tons of fantasy video games, from the Soulsborne games to various indie games and shit like Bioshock, Dishonored, Skyrim, Fear & Hunger and other fantasy shit.

So basically just a kitchen-sink of surface level media, 70% of which is not even fantasy. You're proving the other poster's point that the majority of these people calling these works as "masterpieces" don't actually read or even like fantasy. If you actually read Stormlight, can you actually explain what's it's about here?
>>
>>269236024
They're good.
>>
>>269239576
>>269240826
GOT shouldn't even be considered fantasy. 99% of its content is political bickering and scatology/incest. Remove the dragons and all that's left is palace drama
>>
>>269236024
Both. They're good, but they're also overrated by normalfags
>>
>>269236024
Left is like Mushishi but more fightan
Right is reddit shit
>>
File: yeah.jpg (262 KB, 1200x1697)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>269236024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPne-q4ynts
Yeah? They're good. I don't understand the pajeet obsession with trying to make good works bad, because it owns the chuds, or something. You're not a pajeet. You are a human being. You are higher than a pajeet, and stop trying to lower you to the level of a pajeet, it's unseemly. It's not ``trolling'' when you're pretending to be pajeet, it's just... Kinda sad?

Frieren is a good close-to-excellent mononoaware story about an elf, that touch some interesting themes. It's not a masterpiece, but it's still valuable, and was done well. I can understand why people would consider it in high esteem, and respect it.

Dungeon Meshi is a masterpiece in capturing the TTRPG vibes, and was since its inceptions, and still is. It was adored by /tg/ since 2015/ It's an excellent manga, a good anime, with some good characterization and decent worldbuilding.

Don't be a pajeet please, /a/. Even if you're trolling. You're better than that, I know you're better than that, you know you're better than that, and you're still doing your best pajeet impression because lmao.
>>
File: 290(1).jpg (1.84 MB, 2150x3048)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>269240826
I didn't read Malazan or the stormlight archives. I'm not Malazan anon i'm dorohedoro anon.

If I listed everything fantasy related I've consumed I would be here all day. Currently reading the Magician by William Somerset Maugham.

If you want to have such a stick up your ass about genres (defining genres so rigidly is like arguing that wyverns aren't dragons!) then if we just said Dungeon Meshi and Frieren are FANTASY would you shut the fuck up? It's neither high or low fantasy but JUST fantasy?

Also, Dungeon Meshi has multiple different factions going about it. We only got a taste of the Elves in the anime. By your definition with a bigass dungeon, multiple political connections and a MASSIVE cast of character with their own goals, Dungeon Meshi would be High Fantasy. Unless you assume having Laios' group, the mad magician's angle, the villager's angle, the elves angle, the angle of shuro, namari and kabru, the angle of the gnomes, the angle of the human rulers of the island, etc.

Oh and we get a lot of backstory about elves and dwarves and the ancient kingdom of the dungeon.

So honestly by you own definition Dungeon Meshi is high fantasy.
>>
Does Delicious in Dungeon ever get good? I've only seen the first two episodes of the anime and I'm already thinking about dropping it, maybe the manga's better. So far I've just been annoyed by it.
>>
>>269236024
>overrated zoomer shit
frieren is overrated zoomer shit with pretty colors
4chan meshi is pure classic sovl
>>
File: 1709926183634.webm (3.92 MB, 1100x618)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
>>269236024
Frieren totally deserves its 9.34/10 rating
>>
>>269236456
Around you retarded? Are you stupid? Are you mentally challenged? What is wrong with you braindead zoomer garbage... fucking pirate it you worthless sack of shit. Your dumb comment so obsessed with PAID streaming service makes me want to reject you as human. You're an NPC, sheep and insect. Fucking walking trash.
>>
>>269236456
>I pretend to watch it too, but its not on Crunchyroll in my country.
Retard.

>>269238270
Pick up The Wheel of Time as well.
>>
>>269236024
Dungeon Meshi: Boomer core. A true fantasy series with fun, excitement and soul. It reminds me of kino from 15+ years ago. Smooth character dynamics, no sucking off the 'overpowered' MC, etc etc.

Frieren: Zoomerslop. It oozes of modern media, from the Aosabi OP to the dull character interactions and low imagination (Power Levels, Exam arc etc)

The only entertainment from Frieren I get is doujins and art where Stark gets NTR'd and Fern fucks Frieren or an old man.
>>
>>269238870
>
>Magic system literally based off of asspulls rather than something more arcane and mystical
>The Demons are evil because they just are
>Different races exist in Friend but Humans are the dominant race somehow
>Dwarfs exist in Frieren but have no impact in the world at all
>Elves went extinct while warring with the Demons but Humans didn't
Lord of the Rings has this as well, those aren't good argument points.
>>
>>269236024
Find new material holy shit.
>>
File: 1449265998491.jpg (213 KB, 900x720)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>269236024
Frieren was pretty good and enjoyable for the most part. I liked the themes it went for regardless of how well it handled them, and it had a good atmosphere, I liked the characters, liked the way the story was written for the most part. It has a fucking tournament arc in the second half of it which is really funny when you think about it, but it was still pretty great.
Watched the first episode of meshi and got bored to death. Asked a friend who likes it if every other episode is gonna be like that too, and he said yes, so I dropped it.
I guess it's supposed to be comedy? Because it had nothing else going for it. But it didn't make me laugh either so I figured there was no reason to continue.
There's no way I can watch that retarded elf go
>"m-m-monsters are gross!!!!! I won't eat it!"
>5 seconds later
>"yummm!!!! yummy in my tummy!!"
Already wanted to punch that bitch in the face the second time she did it, and according to my friend that's all she does all the time.
>>
>>269242490
Ever tried making a picky eater taste something they don't like? It's VERY relatable.
>>
>>269242308
When they fight the dragon for round 2 it gets good i promise.
>>
>>269242499
Yeah, but if I say I don't like broccoli, then you give me broccoli, I eat it, and I'm like "Holy shit this actually tastes amazing."
The next time you give me broccoli I'm not gonna go "FUCK BROCCOLI I HATE BROCCOLI I'D RATHER DIE" because I don't have amnesia.
>>
>>269236456
holyshit what a travesty it is to share /a/ with cretins like this
>>
i tried reading the frieren manga long before the anime. it suffers from the "emptiness" that violet evergarden and spy x family has
they're worlds where anything's possible but nothing happens in them, especially for frieren since there's magic in it. just carried by beautiful visuals, artwork and backdrops
>>
>>269236456
what happened to /a/
>>
>>269242605
Retards have always existed. Sadly they usually only die after they propagate the next generation.
>>
>>269242547
>the same broccoli is same as any other various weird or outlandish body parts of monsters the party encounters
>>
>>269236024
Overrated soulless NPC slop
It works across generations but most of the fans are zoomers, and for Slopshi it's mostly emasculated leftist numales also
>>
>>269241510
You will never even be able to define what roleplaying is, CReatura.
>>
>>269238870
Pretty much spelled out some of the problems I have with Frieren, though I don't think these make it dogshit. It's good and entertaining, not the savior of Fantasy anime or le deep masterpiece people make it to be. Solid 6-7/10 series. Dungeon Meshi is much better.
>>
>>269236024
overrated zoomer shit
>>
>>269242581
I think what carried the anime really hard was it had the formula down pat for a self contained story. Every episode was a nicely structured emotional arc with a good payoff at the end. I think that in an of itself deserves praise though some people have called it simply emotionally manipulative.
>>
You either need to be underage or a slop consumer to like either one of them, but Meshi takes the cake. I remember how one soicuck said that the world building of Meshi is genius because he has never ever seen animated armor (in Skyrim and other slop RPGs I presume) before.

The world building of Meshi is literally every generic trope from fantasy included. It is a nonsensical slop world with a McDonald's tier franchise Dungeon. Compare and contrast this world with the world of Made in Abyss. Made in Abyss's titular abyss has everything, real original creature design, original cultures, a true mystery, and most importantly it is understandable why it's so dangerous and why it's worth dying for, because of the incredible prizes you can get. Dungeon Meshi's slop dungeon has every trope in the book ("BUT THE ANIMATED ARMOR IS ANIMATED BY CREATURES THAT'S A HUGE TWIST") with minor unimportant changes sometimes, oh my poor oppressed orcs, never seen that before, and it's a world where you can get eaten by a dragon but that's okay because the digestive system takes long enough for the heroes to have a lot of silly adventures and happy fun time on the way.

I am almost willing to let the Meshicucks have their "OUR AUTHOR IS A WOMAN CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?" because the world building does reek of female writer (female writers are incompetent at building sensible fantasy worlds, even the good ones, like Q from Dorohedoro). But female writers also write better characters than moids, and Dung on Meshi's characters are all generic slop, no real flaws, no internal turmoil, no humalike behavior, just basic bitch fantasy NPCs.

At least Frieren is just flavor of the current era, Meshi has an actual delusional cult behind it.
>>
>>269242761
it's a decent iyashikei that tricked shounen and isekai fans into watching it
>>
>>269236456
...Netflix has the shitty EN dubtitles anyways. At the very least just go get from Nya or something.
>>
>>269236024
>double barrel bait thread
>still up after 7 hours
>>
>>269236024
Frieren: Pretty good
dung meshit: The name expains it all
>>
File: 1461942082702.png (305 KB, 392x556)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>269243025
>digestive system takes long enough for the heroes to have a lot of silly adventures and happy fun time on the way
This was the most retarded shit I swear to god.
I watched the first episode of this, and I hear the mc's sister is eaten by a fucking dragon, so I started to wonder how the show is gonna handle such a traumatic concept of someone's loved one being in imminent mortal danger, if not already dead.
And the fucking show goes,
>aaaah don't worry about it she's fine! just enjoy the silly adventures, isn't these guys really silly :) Look at the funny faces they make when they cook and eat monsters, aren't they cute?
>>
>>269236024
neither are close to being masterpieces, but right was good before it devolved into yurishit
>>
>>269243025
>>269243132
actual retard spotted
in the story there is a guy did rush to save her and ended up slower than mc's group
it's also explained that actual death in the dungeon is forbidden, so there is no point to rush in.
>>
>>269243264
>in the story there is a guy did rush to save her and ended up slower than mc's group
See? This is the kind of subhuman shit that only an NPC can write.

Step 1) Something idiotic happens in a slop work of fiction
Step 2) Another idiotic thing happens in a slop work of fiction
Step 3) ~80 IQ fan uses bad writing from 2) to justify bad writing from 1)
>>
>>269243099
Don´t forget to keep giving him (You)s, faggot.
>>
>>269242761
i agree with you on all points anon
what frustrates me is that with all this anime with competent directors and unlimited funding, it can be so much more but every time it feels so safe and formulaic
>>
>>269243293
you just defaulted to hate the show so anything is "idiotic"
I could just do the same call the shows you like slop and you are low IQ nigger
fuck off
>>
>>269236024
Both are the modern day classics. These 2 will be talked about with FMA and Bleach Black Clover and Cowboy Bebop and NGE 20 years from now.
>>
File: 1717719916984358.gif (1.64 MB, 221x244)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>>269236456
/a/ has fallen.
billions must pirate.
>>
>>269236194
>mogs both with better fantasy and world building despite being a webtoon
Get with the times boomers, noone reads manga anymore
>>
Both are good. I liked Dungeon Meshi a bit more because second cours of frieren just turned into a typical exam arc.
>>
>>269243264
>the dungeon is dictated by videogame logic so nothing matters
Yeah, that's the problem lol
>>
>>269243464
what videogame logic?
>>
>>269236024
What do you think? What's your personal opinion?
>>
>>269236194
fag
>>
>>269243025
>generic trope
yes shell creatures forming living armor is generic trope
dragons that need to take time to digest food because it needs to turn food to fuel to breath fire, instead of just magically doing it, of course is generic trope
I guess emphasizing people need to eat and sleep well to prepare for battle is also generic trope
>oh my poor oppressed orcs
says the orcs themselves, the elf argued that they raid villages that why they got chased to the dungeon
>>
>>269243369
>I could just do the same call the shows you like slop and you are low IQ nigger
Go on, try it bitch. Tell me why Legend of the Galactic Heroes is slop, you little cuck.

>>269243376
Pity (You).

>>269243735
>yes shell creatures forming living armor is generic trope
Yes, you subhuman mutt. To you, it is the most amazing thing you've ever seen. To me, it's slop that I've seen a hundred times.
>dragons... need to digest food????? HOLY SHIT
Are you actually underage?
>people need to sleep and eat - never done before Dungeon Meshi
Are you just falseflgging to make your cancer fandom look bad?
>says the author themselves
Fixed.
>>
>>269236024
pretty bad. left turns into a shonen tournament for some inexplicable reason. right was terrible animated, the colors and lighting felt inconsistent and awfully flat. a shame because there was potential.
>>
>>269236194
I read all Dungeon Meshi, but it was just mid
Frieren is shit
>>
>>269236024
Both are trash.
And no, I haven't read or watched either.
>>
>>269236807
I think you got those confused. In Dungeon Meshi Marcille is canonically a prodigy and Laios is both knowledgeable and competent strategist. Izutsumi is the dumb one but she is a cat and even she isn’t a retard.
>>
>>269243959
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>lol big ship shooting lasers in the space, the most generic scifi trope
fuck off retard
>>
>>269244218
>NPC outs himself
The ships shooting lasers in space are not the point of LotGH, it's just dressing.
>>
>>269243959
>I've seen a hundred times
name 10 shows that have moving armors that are just shellfish
>>
>>269244237
oh yeah the living armor is the point of Dungeon Meshi
you are genuinely stupid.
>>
>>269244253
I don't watch shows
>>
File: ubel.png (374 KB, 448x962)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
A bunch of people debating how good Frieren is, I'm just looking forward to seeing more Übel in hopefully 11 days
>>
>>269244261
>oh yeah the living armor is the point of Dungeon Meshi
I'm not the one who brought that up, you subhuman nigger mutt. You are. When I asked you why Dungeon Meshi is an "absolute goated banger" [sic] according to (You), you said that it's because the world building - you have never ever seen moving armors that are just shellfish before, so that means Dungeon Meshi has good world building. Point in case - another bug from your hive >>269244253
>>
>>269244266
Out of all the possible reasons why you should watch Frieren, this shit is the absolute worst.
Pathetic.
Thirst trap bullshit in modern anime is going to lead to the eventual collapse of society as we know it.
>>
>>269244291
Trans folx are the future.
>>
>>269244294
Shut up, slut.
>>
>I'm not the one who brought that up, you subhuman nigger mutt. You are.

I'm replying to this guy>>269243025 you stupid fuck
stfu low IQ nigger
>>
>>269244311
Meds, meshikike.
>>
>>269244265
ok anything?
>>
>>269244330
Yea, roleplaying games. Not that a /tg/ tranny would know what those are.
>>
>>269244343
ok name 10 roleplaying games
>>
>>269244319
>some brought up living armor
>simply reply to it
>no it's you brought it up first
???
you take meds schizo
>>
>>269244360
They were Dungeons and Dragons roleplaying games. I'm not gonna dox myself by naming the campaigns, but one was set in Avernus (not Descent into Avernus).
>>
>>269244375
See
>>269244360
>>269244253
this is the transwoman from your tribe who claims that animated armor was never in fantasy before Dungeon Transshi invented it..
>>
>>269244415
so the same thing Dungeon Meshi builds on? gee I wonder why
also what's the other 99 games ?
>>
>>269244422
living armor in Dungeon Meshi is not animated armor that's why it's not generic
retard fuck holy shit
>>
>>269236456
Based, Piracy is theft and theft is wrong.
>>
>>269244464
>so the same thing Dungeon Meshi builds on?
It doesn't, it builds on JRPG slop which is already watered down slop based on Wizardry.
>also what's the other 99 games ?
I only play Dungeons & Dragons but living armor was in ~173 of them
>>
>>269244506
Nice projecting, you subhuman mutt, I am talking specificially about armor animated by small living creatures.
>B-B-B-BUT I CANNOT FIND A MONSTER LIKE THAT IN THE MONSTER MANUAL SO IT DOESN'T EXIST-ACK
The ACK is the sound of your tranny throat being broken in half by me. Even trash DMs with no fantasy were able to come up with enemies like that in my games. A troon zoomer like you wouldn't ever understand, but we old people have an imagination.
>>
>>269244605
You are bullshitting. There has never been a colony type creature in any work ever before transwomen invented it in Dungeon Meshi.
>>
>>269244567
>>269244605
so JUST DND
the only thing you have is just DND
LMAO hundreds of times in the same game ofc
>it builds on JRPG slop
>I only play Dungeons & Dragons but living armor was in ~173 of them
I guess Dungeons & Dragons is JRPG slop now LMFAO
>>
>>269236024
Is the reason for their success isekai exhaustion? It's like people yearn for just good old fantasy now.
>>
>>269236024
Liked Frieren well enough, liked the DM anime so much I started reading the manga after they defeated the Dragon, and then bought the whole thing after I read the Changelings chapters
>>
>>269244676
>>269244646
YWNBAW, even though you want to be one
>>
File: 27040055.png (1.29 MB, 1064x792)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>269244707
LOOK AT ALL THESE JRPG CHARACTERS THAT DUNGEON MESHI"S AUTHOR DREW
>>
>>269244725
>mentally ill NPC thinks that because the troon draws dogshit "fanart" of Western slop RPGs, it means xhi based xhir dogshit manga on Western slop RPGs
Xhi didn't even play any of these games.
>>
5 minutes passed and the Meshitroon still hasn't posted
>LOOK THE AUTHOR EVEN DREW HANNAH [sic] FROM PLANESKEEP TOURNAMENT
Impressive.
>>
DM manga>DM anime simple as
Frieren is going to have a shit ending many wasted years from now, you can quote me on that
>>
Trans rights are human rights and transwomen write the best manga (KnY, DM).
>>
>>269244757
>mentally ill schizo can't say nothing besides buzzwords
>thinking a jap woman would care to draw fan art for games that she doesn't play
Her blog went silent for weeks when Baldur's gate came out

get lost
>>
>>269244894
>a jap woman
Keep dreaming, leftist soijack.
>can't say nothing besides buzzwords
You cannot beat my GODLIKE destruction of Slopshi >>269243025 - YOU will never post a counter argument and YOU will never be a woman (just like the Meshi author)
>>
>>269236024
overrated zoomer shit
left is a snorefest where nothing happens and for some reason people go "oh em gee this is da best thing evaaar!!!!"
and right is just gay dnd for tumblrinas
>>
Dungeon Meshi is actually based on Raid: Shadow Legends
>>
>>269236024
Frieren as a story is ok. The world building is kinda shallow and relies a bit too much on known tropes to establish its setting. Having named characters like Kanne or Ubel walk around in hotpants and SM outfits, while the general populace is shown in stock footage medieval garb feels dissonant and is an example of how the author or artist doesn't pay attention to the world building. Pacing feels a bit stagnant, but that may be overly exacerbated by the abysmal release schedule of the author. Character work is on the nice side but relies overly on "Did I hit ya in the feels!? Did I!?!" moments. The characters endear themselves to you in the same way you read a SoL 4-Panel manga like Azumanga Daioh or somesuch. There's hints of a larger plan here and there, but the glacial release schedule and leisurely pacing make it hard to appreciate. On the manga side, the sum of it all makes it a pleasant read. The focus is on telling emotinal vignette stories.
As an anime, it gets elevated and hard carried by the production quality, fixing some of its shortcomings in the process. Characters seem more lively, backgrounds aren't sterile and dull, fights look exciting, constant release schedule etc. The anime still couldn't alleviate its issues on a writing level, but as a complete package it was enough and the benefit of music and voice acting managed to make the "profound emotional moments" stick harder with the general audience. Also the anime ended before it becomes overly apparent how much the story takes its time to go anywhere.
>>
...and then WHA will come out next year and the schizo will move to shit on that show, much to everyone's annoyance.
>>
>>269236024
Why do you care if they are overrated or zoomershit? If you watch them and enjoy them, cool. If you watch them and don't, cool. Form your own opinions
>>
>>269244949
double down this much?
she held a book signing in Shanghai, people saw her

what a waste of time
>>
>>269245030
PS: Apart from the "emotional jackhammer" moments, another thing the story does pretty well is setting up "hidden badass delivers some comeuppance on an unsuspecting haughty asshole" moments. The former device got a bit stagnant and dull for me after a while, but the "I'm gonna kick your ass now" moments are still fun. The current arc in the manga is pretty interesting, but then the hiatus struck.
>>
>>269245107
>she held a book signing in Shanghai, people saw her
Yes, and one of my ex-sex slaves was there at the book signing and she said the author looked very manly, and was wearing a mask.
>>
Dungeon Meshi is just as original fantasy as Ladyhawke 1985
>>
>>269245126
>>269245030
my gripe with anime which forces people to cry is that it's cheap catharsis which trivializes the whole reason why people go out of their way to watch emotional/deeper fiction
>>
>>269236024
Dunmeshi is actually a masterpiece

I tried watching Frieren but dropped it on ep 3
>>
>>269245183
based, picked up this old ass movie, sheesh its made when my daddy was born fr
>>
>>269245213
Pathetic posseur. If you are NPC enough to like Dung, you should also "heckin love" Frieren.
>>
>>269245152
go back >>>/pol/
>>
>>269245367
>Soijack outs himslef
>>
>>269245332
Im not a poser. Not my fault that I liked Dunmeshi but not Frieren
>>
>>269240327
>Full Metal Alchemist
Redditor spotted
>>
>>269236024
it's literally fine. it's like having a good casserole and a side of fresh greens for dinner. it's not the fanciest food ever, but it's good for day to day eating.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.