[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: two people.png (362 KB, 791x656)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
I'm 5 chapters behind, but honest question.

Does anyone else think the author has a very strange sense of morals? I'm not trying to be a prude but from killing random mob members in chapter 1 to hakuri bombing the people in the audience, which could have included these 2: a guy who at least seemed morally grey and a girl who seemed to be new, and ignorant.

In fact for all the jump manga I can remember the only people who are killed by the protagonists are people proved to be beyond redemption or just horrible people. But here, tons of people are killed without batting an eye.

To use the extreme version of my argument, in chapter 1 Chihiro could have killed an undercover cop infiltrating the gang and he'd never know.

So. While I think Kagurabachi is gonna become an even bigger hit and is one of the highest quality pieces Jump has put out in the past 5 years. Do you think the mangaka (and this by proxy the editor for allowing this) is a bit off his rocker in terms of self- or perhaps situational awareness?

And while I think the shocking nature will attract fans for sure, I worry that it sets a bad precedent for Jump to start going down a more morally absent route (the "dark shonen" age is not ending, it's only just begun). That kind of thing SEEMS like evolution but in my opinion it's really just a dopamine rush until we get the same descent of works seen in the west. Japan's just lagging by a decade or two.
>>
>>270246554
I asked this in a Kagurabachi thread but the answers were literally
> It's an action movie bro
> They're all evil and deserve to die because they just sat there despite the SLAVE trafficking!
And other inane toddler garbage
>>
>>270246554
You said tomorrow you faggot
>>270236258
>>
Here is your answers
>>270235676
>>270235676
>>270235676
>>
>>270246656
It is tomorrow.
>>
>>270246764
None of those were good answers from adult men except for one of them which I responded to already.
>>
>>270246610
>kgb thread
Retardbro
>>
No matter how many times you try to force this manga as a meme, it will not work. It will never become a thing and nobody will start talking about it. No, it's not gonna get big. No, you won't "be there from the start" like you wanted to be with all those popular manga.
Nothing about it is even remotely unique or interesting. It's like posting a picture of a kettle and thinking yup, any day now it's gonna become a maymay.
It's the most generic slop imaginable, like hundreds of other generic slops that maybe kinda sorta were getting popular and then disappeared without a trace, memoryholed into oblivion.
>>
>>270246909
I'm not forcing it as a meme unlike the other bored falseflaggers, I'm asking a genuine question. I love the manga and the mangaka is a young genius but I think he and his editor are missing something important.
>>
>>270246554
>In fact for all the jump manga I can remember the only people who are killed by the protagonists are people proved to be beyond redemption or just horrible people. But here, tons of people are killed without batting an eye.
Read more manga.
Hell, I don't even need to step off mainstream stuff, because Death Note exists. The protagonist's entire life revolves around killing people he deems evil, to the point of absurdity.
Yeah, the manga makes it very clear that he's evil, and that his morality is wrong, but he's also very much a Jump protagonist by definition.

Or fuck, Yu-gi-oh, where the early parts feature the protagonist setting up games with various levels of assholes and then potentially killing them after they lose.
>>
>makes another kagurabachi thread
kys
>>
Read more stories fag. You must be over 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
>>270246987
>Read more manga
I've read 2k
Death note is not similar to kgb at all.
Yu-Gi-Oh is different too he doesn't indiscriminately bomb crowds.
Try again.
>>
>>270247056
>Read more stories
I've read 2000 manga in the past 15 years. How many have you read?
>>
>>270247153
I don’t believe you
>>
>>270247181
That is your prerogative.
>>
stop shitting up the catalogue with kgb
>>
>>270247268
I'm not. I said yesterday I'd make a thread asking a question and now I am. Not my fault the raiders picked today to spam shit.
>>
>>270247388
ask them in the kgb thread if you want an answer >>270236887
>>
>>270247440
I did but that's a diseased DBS-tier general (worse than the CSM/JJK ones it seems somehow) with nothing but mentally incapable things I hesitate to call humans and underages.
>>
>>270247479
it is a hate thread tho
>>
File: 1724480431089761.png (58 KB, 724x389)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>270247677
This is what I'm talking about.
Bump. I hope some sane adults give their opinion next.
>>
>>270247782
You just chose to ignore the actual answers in the other thread.
>>
>>270246554
Not really, see Saint Seiya or even early dragon ball.
>>
>>270246554
Next arc is dealing with this questions it seems, as the glowies have different opinions on the nuke katanas.
>>
>>270247861
I read them all and they were all trash with the exception of one which I acknowledged.
>>
>>270247945
Show me where krillin or one of the bronzes blows up 100 people in a crowd.
>>270247977
Good. But it doesn't excuse the fact that the author didn't even portray a tiny bit of internal monologue when hakuri went to blow dozens of people to pieces.
>>
>>270246987
Death Note is a villain protagonist story, Kagurabachi isn't.
>>
>>270248081
>went to blow dozens of people to pieces.
Because, as far as he's concerned, he's killing the people enabling someone like ice hag to be driven to suicide.
Obviously he doesn't feel remorse, because they deserve it.
>>
>>270246976
There is no problem with the protags being immoral full stop, don't bother replying if you disagree.
>>
>>270246554
YES ANON-SAMA YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT
>>
>>270246554
>I worry that it sets a bad precedent for Jump to start going down a more morally absent route (the "dark shonen" age is not ending, it's only just begun)
That would be a good thing so I hope you're right
>>
>>270246554
Dont worry about it eh. Only bad people dead
>>
>>270246554
You asked this like a month ago?
>>
>>270246976
There's just never going to be a moment where being morally cavalier bites him in the ass
>>
>>270246554
You are not going to get a genuine answer. Just turn your brain off bro, by shonen logic mc can't kill anyone who is not a bad person.
>>
>>270247677
are you calling me wise?
>>
Hakurischzio level retardation
>>
>>270246554
My answer to you is:

Read more manga

You sound too out of your depth to be deciding where the manga industry stands. There's been plenty of outstanding series featuring violence and wanton death and there will be more of those in the future regardless of KGB. Marking KGB out to be a standard bearer for the depiction of violence in jump manga going forward just because it's quality work and you have some bizarre fixation on the hypothetical lives of a mob character that exists to be cut down by the protagonist? Ridiculous. Kant is a cunt and his moral imperatives are absolutist coercion but I'm gonna say that if the morality of an act of killing depends on the nature of the person killed I'd say you're off your rocker if you think that makes it any less or more moral.
>>
>>270248081
Vegeta did it during the bull saga, and they were entirely innocent.
>>
>>270246554
>I worry that it sets a bad precedent for Jump to start going down a more morally absent route (the "dark shonen" age is not ending, it's only just begun).
Yes, you're right but why draw the line here, particularly? It's not like this happened suddenly. AoT had the protagonists kill enemy soldiers that were definitely not "beyond redemption". And while they do have moral qualms about it, by the end it's normalized. Chainsaw man also features a lot of violence towards innocent bystanders. So wether the mangaka is just following a trend or he genuinely believes it's all morally justified is for him to respond. A big theme in Kagurabachi is that weapons are tools, but it is up to the user to decide what to do with them.
I also think it's hilarious that everyone is parting off the premise that this will be "the next big thing".
>>
>>270246554
I wonder what’s you takes on Usogui are?
>>
>>270246554
I am unbothered by it.
It's pretty clear what it's emulating, and yeah sure while modern shounen sticks to "here's a moral: killing bad" is there really a rule that says its necessary?
Why does shounen have to teach you that killing people is bad?
>>
File: 1719711821830303.jpg (25 KB, 621x569)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>270251237
Nice samefagging necrobump retard, how does it feel that your bait doesn't work?
>>
>>270251237
>Why does shounen have to teach you that killing people is bad?
Because these are supposed to be funny books for children and teenagers
>>
https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/268044460/
>>
>>270251237
>Why does shounen have to teach you that killing people is bad?
The misogynistic rap music
The violent video games
The gay batman and robin
ALL corrupting our youth!
The other soccer moms are going to hear about KGB and then ask "Are the Russians back or something what the fuck?"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.