[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why did hype die so hard?
>>
It’s just not that good.
>>
>>270350385
Gets repetitive, boring, nonsensical way too fast. And the "science" side ends with incoherence and lies after some chapters. it's revolting.
>>
Because the conflict with Tsukasa was the interesting part.
The series blew it's load too fast.
>>
>>270350385
All the girls look like blowup sex dolls
>>
>>270350385
hype?
>>
Cannot wait to see the grubby animeonly masses crash into the finale, without a hope of understanding or accepting what happens
>>
>>270350385
boat arcs kill all series
there is no exception
but really we never got a final villain resolution and the america arc was fucking pointless
>>
>>270350385
The thing that turned them into stone turned out underwhelming. A space Demon Lord would have been way cooler as the final boss.
>>
>>270350385
Because it ended?
>>
>>270350385
>let's make an anime about growing crops and building a sustainable food supply
>>
>>270350385
First season was good. Or at least whatever I got through. I think the little mask girl took it off off-screen.
But it has an interesting premise at the start.
>>
>>270350385
flavor of the season
>>
I'm honestly glad that it got hype at all in the first place, scifi is always underrepresented and not widely liked, and Dr stone is a good basic scifi shonen that does its job well of pilling some newer people on science
>>
Neeeeeeeeeeeeerd!
>>
The America arc made me drop the manga. All the science got sidelined and fast forwarded through for boring human drama. Character bloat became a problem like every other long running Shonen and aside from like 10 they all became background NPC tier.
>>
>>270350488
What did it lie about (apart from science of magic stoning obviously)? Nothing in particular jumped at me other than some scale bullshiting.
>>
>>270350385
Cuz the manga ended
>>
>>270350385
Went from "cool science stuff, let's follow that chart to build something" to average shonen where every thinking/building is just made off-screen
>>
>>270350385
It was stupid.

From stone age to space age in a few yers is impossible, even if you have a population of geniuses.
>>
>>270350385
i dropped it after the 2nd ep. i couldn't stand the cunts voice or the cunts demeanour. arrogant leek haired ass fuckface.
>>
>>270350385
the last 3rd was rushed and empty
>>
>>270350681
>boat arcs kill all series
Not D.Gray-man.
>>
>>270350385
it ended 2 years ago
>>
>>270354927
I see a pattern here. Did any shonen in recent times avoid similar fate? Many years of periodic publication seem to railroad every series to this.
>>
>>270350385
It`s abysmal dogshit since ever
>>
>>270352150
That would actually be good. More like
>let`s make generic shonen with shittiest humor possible but it`s LE SCIENCE
>>
>>270357365
what? its because since the start they wanted to end in a certain amount of chapters and put their foot on the gas.
>>
>>270354679
Vacuum tubes and all that were mostly bs and completely unnecesary, there're low tech alternatives.
The chemistry of the camera and things related to explosives were 100% bs.
>>
>>270350385
>Why the hype died
The big reveal was stupid.
Localizers pushed they/them pronoun shit.
Characters were too over the top annoying.
Does this help?
>>
>>270350385
It ended
>>
>>270358486
They didn't want Kenji-kun the 10 years old Jump reader to attempt to make the splosives I guess. Can't say much about the photo plate thing, maybe there is an obscure process like that, maybe there isn't. Vacuum tube you can do with a mercury pump.
>>
>>270350385
It got retarded with everyone being a high schooler that was way better than an adult in their prime. Everyone was dumbed down for the MC to be smartest guy ever.
Astronauts, people of science in various fields decide to do 2 retarded things. First was use that last prescious resource to record a pop idol singing from a coconut recording studio instead of recording various human history to learn from, the 2nd was to teach manga stories to their kids instead of teaching them of society and rebuilding society. The whole manga relies on people being retarded.
>>
>>270350385
Because roundabout the time Ryuusui gets unfrozen the story shifts from
>science is a slow methodical process and we're going to follow a roadmap to our goals
to
>we unfroze an inexplicably young super expert that solved the problem between panels.
>>
It peaked pretty early. I dropped it after the treasure island arc because I realized i didn't really care about any of the characters or motivations. Read the last few chapters when it was wrapping up to see what the mystery behind the stone was, I'm glad i dropped it.
>>
>>270350544
Literally one of the best parts.
>>270350385
I binged it, the manga, while bored at work and it was decent. I would have dropped it if I was waiting for it weekly.
>>
>>270350385
It could have been kino if the sotry was done realistically instead of this shounen garbage. But I can't blame the author, he had to make sales. The moment when you realize how many good works there would be if no artists care about money.
>>
>>270360508
>Literally one of the best parts
Not really. Unless you found it comical I guess. I remember the artist claiming he really doesn't like drawing men, but all his male characters have superior designs than his blown-up bimbo dolls.
>>
>>270360696
I see nothing wrong with every woman having perfect bodies. Even women would be happy with that!
>>
>>270360819
Bodies include the face and all their faces looked comically retarded, save a few
>>
>>270360667
WSJ is a corporate first, you can always draw your own webmanga and self-publish it for fun
I know you can do it, anon!
>>
>>270361067
And yet women get copious lip filler to even mimic it. But natural looks good. Lip filler is shit.
>>
>>270360667
>Senku gets eaten by a lion
>the end
>>
>>270361137
Yes, women desperate for attention. Personally, I find that type of desperation to be a turn off, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>270361400
But I'm saying that the desperation lip filler is what is unattractive, whereas real and natural bodies like that are perfect and rare.
>>
>>270361468
>real and natural bodies like that are perfect and rare
That's the issue. When every character looks like that, it becomes boring.
>>
>>270361662
They all have different personalities though. And in a manga where only one has a perfect body, she's usually a bitch or the villain. This way, very good girls also get great bodies.
>>
>>270350385
I am an animeonly and I dropped it after the first part of New World. The pace of development of new technology speeding up started to take away from the sigficance of those development and the impacts they had on their lives.

But what really got me was how so much of the dialogue just became characters screaming and laughing like maniacs. Not to mention how they were drawn like looney toons in half of the scenes. It was fucking annoying.
>>
>>270362289
I am fairly manga only for everything due to reading it hidden on my second monitor at work. I watch only a couple things that are well-regarded for their animation, music, voice acting, general vibe, or pacing. As an example, I saw the first couple episodes of Goblin Slayer and thought it was shit. I read the manga years later and it's quite good. The Year One prequel is even better. But I'm a sucker for perseverance themes.
>>
>>270350385
did it? isn't it because the seasons take so long to come out even though they're essentially slide shows?

the series ended 2 years ago. or was it a year ago.
>>
The main character undermines the central premise. I know why they changed the MC to Senku, but it doomed the manga.

Senku should have died early, and left a better MC (Not Taiju) to pick up the peices. Have Senku establish the most basic of basics, and have the characters work toward rebuilding scientific technology.

Instead Senku is able to recreate every technology he ever saw perfectly (along with Kaseki), so there's no drama. He's somehow an expert in every field at the same time, and even an expert in unrelated fields (such as warfare). It's boring because it picked the worst possible character for its premise.
>>
>>270350385
I found the setting up be too boring, couldn't care about the literally who villan
If it was 100% about science and restarting society and tech again i would've loved it.
>>
>>270354853
this but I powered through until episode 6 because my bro kept saying how good it is until I couldn't take it anymore
>>
>>270363060
>changed the MC
holy shit there are still retards that think this. how is it living your life as a retard?
>>
inagaki pls just let senku give in and marry kohaku
she was roundabout proposing to him after the other two marriages
just do it, byakuya would be happy
>>
>>270363133
Finding out what caused the original flash is an exciting motivation though. Who would do this, why, etc.
>>
>>270362289
>But what really got me was how so much of the dialogue just became characters screaming and laughing like maniacs. Not to mention how they were drawn like looney toons in half of the scenes. It was fucking annoying.
Pretty much this. Everyone basically becomes a sycophant praising Senku for farting and reacting to every situation with a retarded face. Very obnoxious.
>>
>>270363271
And then we find out why and it's incredibly underwhelming
>>
>>270363543
Well you know, it's the journey not the destination...
>>
>>270363581
Too bad the journey also overstayed its welcome
>>
she was literally asking for it for fucks sake
>>
>>270350385
what hype
>>
>>270357617
I find it funny Dr stone did everything in it's power to make the science as approachable and kid friendly as possible and it still filters brainlets who immediately lose it at any mention of science
>>
>>270350385
the main villain reveal was bad and unsatisfying
>>
the radio man or moon man or whatever guy that was was stupid as shit. this was one of those series that should have gone for longer. did this get cancelled? can somebody confirm? iirc the sales were fine and consistent.
>>
>>270350385
All the most beautiful things end sooner or later
>>
>>270364902
I think there was a set number of chapters they wanted to do and they just stuck to that. They didn't want to drag it out

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.