[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2023 Anime.png (2.37 MB, 1094x912)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
The last arc of the manga never got an anime adaptation, right? I thought it was a clear step down from the arc about the bandaged villain but it still had some strong moments IIRC. I'd like to see it animated alongside that new epilogue/sequel manga that was started (finished?) a few years ago.
>>
>>271179173
Truth & Betrayal is the only kenshin media that matters
>>
>>271179214
Can I watch it without consuming literally anything else Samurai X related?
>>
>>271179342
>Can I watch it without consuming literally anything else Samurai X related?
Yeah. It's better with the context but you can know absolutely nothing about Rurouni Kenshin and it will still be at least a 9.5/10.
>>
>>271179214
Is that one of the OVAs that is a prequel?
>>
>>271179618
yeah
>>
>>271179173
>arc about the bandaged villain
Shishio
>I thought it was a clear step down
That's the problem you thought and you really shouldn't be doing that, Kenshin's fight with Enishi couldn't be more intense than his fight with Shishio, at the end of the day the Japanese government, military really would've did Shishio in at best he would've only been a town level villain he wasn't going to rule Japan or the World or anything after with his plot, While Enishi took things more personal he was less about hurting gov/miltary/random Japanese civilians and more about inacting as much pain and suffering to Kenshin as he could by directly attacking him and anyone that befriended him.

I highly doubt the remake will make it to either arc, it just doesn't have the interest it now as it did in its prime but we'll see, in the same way I don't think the Spice and Wolf adaptation will be successful adapting the entire manga/LN, I think on FMA:B and Shaman King are the only anime remakes that updated and completed their original sources.
>>
>>271179868
>I highly doubt the remake will make it to either arc
The Kyoto arc is literally starting in 2 weeks and then the Jinchu arc will follow. The producers are even thinking of animating the Hokkaido arc.
>>
>>271180091
>The producers are even thinking of animating the Hokkaido arc.

I hope they do. I'm seeing the arc ran for 9 volumes. Not bad for a sequel series/sequel arc. I wonder if it ends the series on a higher note than the original ending.
>>
The good part has already been adapted into the OVA, which has godlike animation. No reason to watch seasonal slop
>>
is the movie where Ken dies of aids or whatever canon?
>>
>>271180233
No.
>>
>>271180233
it's better than canon
it's good
>>
>>271180196
>if it ends the series on a higher note than the original ending
That's impossible.
>>
>>271179173
Fuck this pedo show. Stop supporting him!!!
>>
File: 1691173901841214.png (257 KB, 650x650)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>271180537
I'm going to buy all the volumes now. Cope.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VMOnLtMcSE
>>
>>271180196
the hokkaido arc is finished?
>>
i cant stand this digital art style
>>
I just read his work he made right after Kenshin, Gun Blaze West. It starts out mediocre but starts to find its stride right before it got axed. Surprisingly little gunplay for being about the wild west. 6/10, maybe a low 7. Apparently that butterfly guy from Buso Renkin was gonna be in it if it kept going.
>>
>>271183111
Still going that I'm aware
>>
>>271183208
Go to bed grampa.
>>
>>271179173
>The last arc of the manga never got an anime adaptation, right?
The best part of Jinchu arc was animated many years ago in form of Trust & Betrayal, and at the end of the day that's all that matters.
I guess new anime adaptation will probably get to Jinchu arc at some point, but I can assure you the Bakumatsu flashback will look way worse compared to T&B (just like new anime adaptation looks worse compared to original anime adaptation)
>I thought it was a clear step down from the arc about the bandaged villain but it still had some strong moments IIRC.
It was and that's the general consensus among Kenshin readers. "lmao it was just a prank bro" was a horrible plan by Enishi and it was destined to fail because he can't harm anyone who looks like his dead sister. Jinchu themselves were completely forgettable outside of Enishi himself (Enishi aside, there was a X-Men's Apocalypse guy with a gunarm, a retard with gauntlets who jobbed to Futae no Kiwami every fight, a "I was pretending to be retarded in Juppongatana" puppeteer, a spider ninja and another cross-dresser) and they were a poor copy of Juppongatana. Overall, Jinchu arc had a smaler scale than Kyoto arc but a good idea of making it more personal for Kenshin - too bad the execution was poor outside of flashback part.
>I'd like to see it animated alongside that new epilogue/sequel manga
Oh God no, please don't animate Hokkaido arc, it's outright terrible and retarded.
>>
>>271183784
I liked the puppet guy and his explanation for his actions to Kenshin. Everyone else in that group though, I agree.
>>
>>271179342
It's a backstory adapted from the manga, but with a very different style than usual, they went for a very subdued and realistic style, and it's amazing. Just go ahead and watch it if you don't want to read the series. I think the manga is fine, not the greatest shit ever but still relatively good. While Trust & Betrayal is a masterpiece.
>>
>>271179173
It's this good? I have thinking on reading it since I was a kid but I never liked the art
>>
File: ds-nxlvwsaebeql.jpg (119 KB, 1022x351)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>271185237
>I never liked the art
Faggot.
>>
>>271185312
I only have seen the art of the first chapters many years ago desu
>>
>>271185237
As an animeonly, I quite liked the anime.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.