[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I wear glasses and my head is probably slightly larger than average for a male. Maybe even slightly larger than slightly larger. For that reason I would lean towards getting IEM's, specifically kiwi ears orchestra lite based on a recommendation from art is war youtube channel, though I have concerns about "pressure" and possible damage to my ears. I am open to having to buy a separate mic.

Would be nice to just get a headset with a mic but it doesn't seem like there are any good options. DROP + EPOS PC38X is suppose to be good but amazon only has the yellow options which I heard has a tighter fit then the black ones.

I have also been looking at the beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro paired with a iFi Audio ZEN Air DAC but I am concerned about the headphones fitting too tight. Would be really nice to just walk into best buy and get a gaming headset off the shelf but apparently they're all a scam and you're massively overpaying for shit audio. Any suggestions? For reference I currently use an old Viper headset which fits me very comfortably but even I can tell the audio could be much better.
>>
>>31539718
I use AT R70x plugged into an elgato wave 3. Used to be a headseet guy but they're all cheap garbage that don't last. Cool thing about open back headphones is that you don't need the cups to seal against your head so it's ok to have a looser fit.
>>
>>>/g/101229472
>>
>>31540248
>>31540265
this shit is making me dizzy. i'm about 5 seconds away from just driving to best buy and getting HyperX - Cloud III Wired gaming headset
>>
>>31540300
it's not that complicated. You can go by a headset it will be broken in 2 years. It's your money
>>
>>31540317
>it's not that complicated
yes it is
>headset it will be broken in 2 years
i'm still using my shitty viper headset from 10 years ago
>>
>>31540331
>i'm still using my shitty viper headset from 10 years ago
on second thought, yeah definitely not getting the hyperX. guess i will have to start studying headsets, headphones, mics, and amps full time so I can make a fucking purchase that I don't regret and in the meantime just continue using my viper headset that just werkz
>>
>>31540331
that's because 10 years ago they were still making stuff that was ok. modern gamer shit is all garbage
>>
>>31540352
oh yeah, forgot the trend of all consumer goods and media getting exponentially shittier. good point
>>
>>31540265
thanks for linking this thread btw. definitely going with IEMs
>>
Gaming headsets aren't good music listening headsets/IEMs and there's basically no crossover between the two, they are tuned for different things that don't overlap.
Sounds like your biggest issue is your fat head. Going hundreds into audiophile IEMs and a DAC seems like big overkill and still doesn't solve the mic problem. Maybe spend less on a basic set of IEMs (any of the starter chinkshit over on g) and a USB mic like a yeti if your room/pc is quiet enough.
>>
>>31540889
>Gaming headsets aren't good music listening headsets/IEMs and there's basically no crossover between the two
did you have a stroke?
and it's not my fault e girls took over gaming and now everything is designed around female physiognomy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.