[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GSF2apWXQAEjNcu.jpg (377 KB, 1440x1440)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
Old thread: >>10925510
Aussie Idols: >>10928590
Featured: PAiDA and A-MUSE PROJECT with BabyBeard

Previous thread topics:
>Pros and Cons of having a manager/producer/handler
>What could kaigai idols be doing to level up?

Don't shit it up.
>>
Did anyone go to Super Summer Festa at Florida Super Con? How was it?
>>
>>10928725
I didn't go, but I saw some snippets on insta stories. A lot of the acts looked so....low energy. Except Funva. She was cute.
>>
>>10928728
Low energy is a word to describe it. There were a lot of newer idols and groups so my expectations weren’t very high. Funva was super cute. Mariposa had some potential. Vanity was alright but was very obviously lip syncing. Cosplay groups were cosplay groups. The set list was really enjoyable.
>>
>>10928729
I didn't notice any lip syncing with vanity, tho the backing vocals were loud so I could see where you think that. But again this is just from the clips I saw. Maybe some parts had main vocals as back up idk.
>>
>>10928733
His mic was a full foot and a half from his face for most of it. It’s fine, it doesn’t make him bad if he was lip syncing to his own backing track. A lot of idols do it and everyone needs to start somewhere. I just prefer live singing.
>>
Does anyone have the tea about what’s happening with Rapid Steps? They changed their guidelines a few times, extended their application period, and apparently have only sold a single ticket. I thought venue based events were supposed to be the next big thing.
>>
>>10928740
Their community is catered towards cosidols. Plus, the MIU doesn't have the clout the TIU has.
>>
>>10928751
>>10928740
The midwest just doesn’t have the same priorities as the northeast or socal. Both the northeast and socal have already existing audiences and enough decent original idols to make venue events worth going to check out for new audiences that are curious. It also helps that both regions are drivable and have good enough public transit for a day trip.

It also doesn’t help that rapid steps seems to have rushed this massive event out and have been very sloppy. the event is also outside of ohio where most of the midwest community is, and it’s taking place the week before nwif where people are really going to want to spend their money.

i’m not sure about clout but tiu is also more tighter and more organized than miu and has existed for longer. tiu was started with a specific community purpose with a set of specific goals in mind. miu was started as vanity project to boost the ego of someone that got rejected by the community for being a problem.
>>
Is the midwest even worth paying attention to?
>>
>>10928737
we should gatekeep idols that lip sync its cheap and screams insecure
>>
>>10928776
gatekeep? do you know how words work?
>>
>>10928778
yes i do lmao. i think original idols that do this stop qualifying as idols, theyre just glorified dance coverists. idols that lip sync to loud asf backing tracks and pretend theyre singing live shouldn’t be given performance opportunities especially if theyre selling themselves on having a good singing voice. unless there’s a real technical reason to lip sync while performing live like having no microphones they shouldnt be doing it.
they should get better at singing and stop being afraid to have flaws while singing live.
>>
>>10928725
Similar question, did anyone go to AFO Idolfest? I saw clips and some of the cosplay groups were kinda decent
>>
>>10928783
Anon, your Autism is showing.
>>
>>10928783
Big agree. Anytime I see an idol at a showcase lip syncing, I instantly check out kek
>>
>>10928789
>>10928783
Thinking lip syncing is dumb and that it’s a little cringe when they soak up “wooow your voice is soooo stable” compliments is barely a hot take. It’s extremely common opinion. The only people who have an issue with this take are those who lip sync to their own tracks themselves.

>>10928776
There are some idols you should pay attention to like Chiri Girls and Elfoxu. Other than that, it’s dire out here.

>>10928754
Highkey agree that Rapid Steps is a very sloppy event. At this point, they should just postpone it.
>>
>>10928737
I was hoping someone would point this out. He did the same thing at Metro Voice last year where he moved really awkwardly and held the mic super far away from his face. He also did the same far away mic thing in the video of him performing with his group at NWIF. You can barely hear him if he is actually singing because of how far away the mic is and if he’s intentionally trying to lip sync, it gives away the illusion. It seems like a nervous tic and he probably doesn’t realize he’s doing it.
>>
>>10928791
I always say at the very least, sing on top of your mix if you're so nervous. lip syncing all by itself just lacks excitement. you may make a mistake, but that's what live performing is all about. we can't feel inspired by an idol's growth if that idol doesn't allow themselves to be vulnerable enough to sing live. There's nothing to be afraid of. ok so maybe you sing live and it's fucking horrible? just keep practicing and you for sure will be a little better next time. if you never get better and it's constantly stessing you, idol might not be for you. not everyone can be an idol.
>>
>>10928783
ok well that's still not what gatekeeping is.

gatekeeping is like literally keeping a gate up from allowing people to enter a community. it's like how cosplayers complain we "gatekeep" the word "idol" and the idol community because we say idols actual singers and dancers and not cosplay dancers.
>>
>>10928804
same anon. you worded it dumb. you should have said, we should gatekeep lip syncers FROM being idols and using the term "idol"
>>
>>10928802
Personally I don't care if anyone dances to their own vocals. Especially if the song is super choreo-heavy and the focus is on dance skill. It is kind of cheesy if they're holding a mic as a prop though.
>>
>>10928811
a headset mic would be kinda cute for a lipsynced dance focused performance. most headset mics don't work well anyway.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.