[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8606.jpg (444 KB, 1479x2048)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
Old thread: >>10928722
Aussie Idols: >>10928590 #
Featured: Bunmira

Previous thread topics:
>Otakon 2024
>Should redebuting idols be allowed in events for newbies?
>Non-convention events

No stupid drama. Starting topic: Texas Idol Fest at Colossalcon Texas
>>
>>10934021
>Bunmira
another influencer. her performance at tif was meh imo. the roller skates are unique but i don’t understand the hype. how is she any different than the shitmillion citypop/retro idols that already exist?
>>
>>10934025
>million citypop idols
like who?

Ir's refreshing to see people get slightly involved with the community whose first exposure to idols and Japanese music wasn't fucking love live.

Also how is she an influencer? She's just a cosplayer/fashion content creator. Not the same as an influencer aka people who shill crap for a living.
>>
>>10934025
please tell me who else is giving citypop at similar quality? genuinely curious.

It seems Bunmira puts a lot of thought into her performances, i can imagine she'll loosen up the more experience she gets.
>>
>>10934046
i agree that it is refreshing to see another person doing more than love live but her cosplaying her magical girl oc is still 2d idol brained ngl.
>inb4 wearing a wig isn’t cosplay
this is a character from her tiktok and she plays her tiktoks behind her when she performs. that doesn’t mean she’s not a unique or interesting performer, but bitches in wigs are a turnoff for me.
>>
>>10934046
>>10934082
Wow! White Knights already!
>>
Are idolsonas or idol ocs still a popular thing to do?
>>
>>10934084
liking someone's performance = whiteknighting now yay

anyways i really am genuinely curious about more citypop idols, give names
>>
>>10934087
ntayrt Retro and citypop is becoming a very popular theme again and I’m living for it. The quality and activity of each idol will vary but this is everyone I can think of off the top of my head that is doing that style in some capacity.
Idols who do retro and/or city pop styles as their primary theme:
>Magical Laffi
>Martha
>Sari Lynn Stardust
>Parfait Party
>Anna Banana
>Eburin
>Showa Shojo
Idols who do retro but it’s not their primary content:
>Phoebe
>Lavendula
>Abner Senires
If I’m missing anyone that has the theme, please add on.
>>
>>10934106
>Eburin

she doesn't even make music content or perform
>>
>>10934106
>looks up eburin

I trusted you, my mistake, never again
>>
>>10934021
Berry's performance was just bad. She lipsynced the first song and kept messing up her original song. How many times do you have to perform or practice something just to be able to get the timing of the lyrics right?
Honestly, TIF as a whole was a bust. Maybe they could have saved it if Paida performed instead of taking pictures in the ugliest off-duty outfit known to man.
>>
>>10934106
>>10934120
>>10934121
>Eburin
Ew. I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt that you don’t know her history. Everyone else is alright though lmao. Thanks anon.

>>10934122
>Berry
Honestly if the things that made her blow up never happened and she was just a regular inexperienced idol, I could forgive things like that. You’d think she’d tighten up more to try to live up to her pity fame status. At least try to earn it.
>>
>>10934120
Remember when Eburin hated her own race. Remember when Eburin said idols can't date. We remember.
>>
>>10934128
>account of a 17 year old girl
>look at cgl archives
>this shit has been going on since she was 15
i really struggle to see the appeal of cancelling a developmentally disabled child.
>>
>>10934122
TIF has been on the fastest downhill since Martha took over.
>>
>>10934129
So being disabled is an excuse to be racist now? If you're a teenager, you're old enough to know not to be racist, ESPECIALLY towards your own race.
>>
>>10934138
I really like Martha but her lack of quality control ruins the brands she tries to run. Kira Kira maid cafe maids have looked like sloppy messes for years too.
>>
>>10934106
>Abner

that old man is an idol?
>>
>>10934129
If you had done 3 seconds of research, you'd know Eburin is 18.
>>
>>10934106
>Magical Laffi
>Martha
>Sari Lynn Stardust
>Parfait Party
>Anna Banana
>Eburin
>Showa Shojo
>Lavendula
>Abner Senires

Who the heck are any of these? Are they particular to a region? I've never heard of any of them except maybe Martha, Can you at least link their socials or performance? I am always down to clown for funky Showa music and city pop revival.
>>
Anybody planning on attending that LA Idol Matsuri event? Do we expect it to go downhill like the idol event they had last year?
>>
>>10934166
Regardless, she's still young. Her takes are stupid as fuck but there's no need to really take her seriously.
>>
>>10934326
You guys are such hypocrites.
>>
>>10934245
Hell no. Mikotan is a retard.
>>
>>10934238
>Florida, @magicallaffi
>Texas, @meowitsmartha
>DMV, @sari.lynn.stardust
>Texas, @parfaitpartyidols
>NY/Germany, @annabanana_music
>Sweden, @eburin_desu
>Scotland, @showashojo
>North East US, @lavendulasings
>Seattle/PNW, @abnersenires
Here you go. It took me all of 5 minutes to find their socials.

>>10934327
I’m sorry your favorite 25-30 year old women are not being given the same grace as someone who just turned 18 a couple weeks ago. See if she’s still parroting purity culture talking points and internalized racism once her frontal lobe develops. Give her a chance to grow up.

>>10934245
>>10934328
Isn’t this the first year that LA Idol Matsuri is running?
>>
>>10934359
First year for this specific event, yes. But before they made it, they went under a different name and the event last year that was held went horribly wrong for many reasons. Both ran by Mikotan.
>>
>>10934397
Horribly wrong how? I didn’t attend but from what was put out on social media by attendees and performers, it looked like fun so I’m curious if behind the scenes things were actually fucked.
>>
Fan Expo is in Toronto this weekend and they have an IdolFest event this Saturday at 11:30AM with a meet and greet after at 1PM!
Here's the lineup:
Kaoru
https://www.instagram.com/basically_cos/
Kiraboshi
https://www.instagram.com/_kiraboshi_/
Nonets
https://www.instagram.com/nonetswpg/
RCVDE
https://www.instagram.com/rcvde/
Shion
https://www.instagram.com/shion.cos/

There's gonna be at least two other guerrilla performances that I know of:
Chira Killer
Friday 2PM
https://www.instagram.com/chirakiller_official/
Solarbloom
Sunday 12PM
https://www.instagram.com/solarbloomproject/
>>
>>10934399
I attended, and all I can really say was the biggest concern at the venue was the lack of organization, but most importantly… the heat issues. People were nearly fainting from the amounts of heat and some of the performers actually seemed like they would pass out after dancing or singing in the heat. But also the organizer doesn’t listen to feedback almost at all. Wouldn’t recommend they host this event at a venue where people are at risk of heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
>>
>>10934415
This. The heat was brutal inside and outside. A lot of vendors packed up and left early. Most performers were sitting inside a barely air conditioned room at their meet and greet tables leading up to their performances outside. Realistically, they really should have had respite. There was a performer who actually did get heat stroke and had to leave. She came back in time for photos at the end when it was cooler out but it’s still a shame that she got that ill and had to change out of her costume.

I think respite from the heat is an overlooked factor, especially at summer events. Venues can get hot but I’ve only ever heard of one non-convention idol event ever have precautions for something like that.
>>
Signals posted a new cover.
>inb4 the drama
I only want to talk about the cover and only the cover. Don’t fuck it up.
The difference in quality between Alexis’s art and Aibi’s art is stark to say the least. I’m also bothered by them making another cover that seems to be shipping the members again though. The video is edited well and the cover itself isn’t bad either. Aibi’s art looks nice and I hope they make her the group’s primary artist.
Does anyone have any thoughts about will happen to the next subunit cover since it seems like Ash completely stopped being an idol?
https://youtu.be/fkPqpmCVHGo?si=BmtMvvo_wH8v_DcD
>>
>>10934424
I just wish they would invest in getting their cover mixes outsourced cause they would sound so much better. This is the case with a lot of idol's work not just them though like I see so much potential and then it's just bad mixing.

Like magical laffi's first original song. Would sound so nice if it was professionally mixed. But I value the music aspect more than others.
>>
>>10934430
>>10934424
>I just wish they would invest in getting their cover mixes outsourced cause they would sound so much better.
Agree. Their debut cover sounded so much better by virtue of being mixed by an actual mixer.

In my opinion, all of the elements of this group have gotten progressively worse the longer they’ve existed. The quality difference between their debut cover and debut graphics to their newest cover and newest graphics are night and day. They went from having a very strong brand identity to just being an extension of Alexis’s variety content.

>Does anyone have any thoughts about will happen to the next subunit cover since it seems like Ash completely stopped being an idol?
My prediction is that they’ll release that last cover and then announce his graduation. Based on this cover, I wouldn’t mind if Signals becomes a duo. My other prediction is that they’ll release a couple more things then disband the group.
>>
>>10934122
Honestly Bunmira and Berry were the highlights of this last TIF. Majority of the other acts were lackluster at best. It seems the quality of their events has been on a nosedive for the past year or so.
>>
>>10934437
>Signals as an extension of Alexis’s variety content.
i never thought of it that way but i really see it, especially with alexis’s recent content. it’s whatever seems like it has the most appeal.

>>10934446
it looks like nobody applying and they’re just accepting everyone who applies.
>>
>>10934424
For the cover itself, their singing is good but you're right about the mixing I think. From my listen I feel a little buzz like white noise on the sibilant words like "let's". It could have done with maybe a little reverb? The mix sounds as if the vocals are pushed out to the front but kinda flattened like a cardboard cutout on a stage.
I feel like this would sound great watching it performed live.
>>
>>10934424
I think Aibi’s done the art for Signals before, like the redebut profile posts, but it’s been awhile.

>>10934430
Also wish they would outsource mixing, but I’m assuming they’re trying to keep costs in house? I will say Alexis’s mixes seem to be improving, but it’s still lacking finesse.
>>
>>10934437
This smells of self post.
>>
is anyone going to nwif? what are the vibes on this event? i’m thinking of going for the first time this year because it’s nearby.
>>
>>10934481
Combined with their prior history of selfposting, I have to agree. This cover was out for maybe 15 minutes max and only had a few views before it got posted here. All of these replies with the exception of >>10934437
and >>10934448 read like Signals having a conversation about their own cover. Pathetic.

>>10934482
The vibes are good. They had an issue last year with the hotel booking a wedding at the same time and the guests were being a nuisance but they seemed to handled it well. The lineup this year is solid. It’s the last NWIF ever before they move on to doing a different event. Looks like they’re priming to go out with a bang.

That $85 badge, though. I’m on the fence about going this year because it’s so expensive. That’s steep for what this event is and it’s only going to go up. There really isn’t anything this event has that warrants that price tag. Could’ve sworn it was way cheaper last year.
>>
Has there been any new originals from idols lately? Somebody post em.

>Inb4 do it yourself
No
>>
>>10934484
pretty sure nwif was a similar price last year as well. The location is nice being next to an airport but overall incredibly expensive.
>>
>>10934484
>>10934549
It was $80 last year and $85 this year. Not a really huge price hike.
>>
>>10934532
cherie ife is new on the scene and i found her song “idol?” pinned to her twitter. most kaigai originals are mediocre but this was surprisingly well written. most of her songs are imo
>>
>>10934562
I'm surprised Cherie isn't more talked about because she's talented, pretty and makes decent music all by herself. But my guess is other idols can't relate to being on that level and find her a threat. Kek
>>
>>10934580
At least her stuff is better than what some of these other idols are putting out lately. The lyrics aren’t cheesy, the vocals are really good, and overall I get a good vibe from her content. Anybody who sees her as a ‘threat’ is just too insecure lol
>>
>>10934580
>>10934592
I’m going to guess that the only reason she wasn’t talked about more is because she was based in Japan and just moved back to the US. They just don’t know her because she just started performing in the states. Not because she’s a “threat” lmao.
>>
>>10934592
That's my point. This community is insecure AF.
>>
>>10934580
There isn't much to say about her on here because everything she makes is good so you can comment your praise directly to her via the comment section of her content. The only thing that would make her be talked about on here is if she has an aspect of her personality that people don't like. But, her personality is a bit hidden as she's not very opinionated and you don't see her getting involved in much people's things that could potentially lead to drama.

She's gorgeous and I love her work. She's the kind who demonstrates a level of artistry with her work.
>>
>>10934600
same anon, she also doesn't hold any leadership position that could make people harbor hard feelings or criticisms towards
>>
>>10934600
Wow she’s fantastic. I love idols with artistry and vision. The lack of personality is a bit of a turn off for me personally but personality is important to me when I follow idols. Hopefully she’ll show more of herself as time goes on. I’ll give her a follow.
>>
>>10934532
Only one I can think of is “Idol Recipe” by Sprinkle Idol. The lyrics could be a bit more concise but it’s a basic idol song so not terrible.
>>
>>10934649
i disagree with the other anon about personality. she doesnt involve herself in drama but if i had to pin an archetype on her id say shes playful. kind of the mischievous or devilish type. its cute and suits her music style
>>
Did IIN fire part of their staff? Noticed a few of them completely left the server.
>>
>>10935105
who left?
>>
Berry finally released her music video today!

https://youtu.be/QpC-4thz75s?si=v5zIRaT2YkZInO4V
>>
>>10935111
Q and Ash. Anyone know what happened?

>>10935113
The mixing on this song is atrocious but the MV is very cute and well made. The joke about the Sorbet costume at 2:22 was funny. Glad to know she can laugh about it now.
>>
>>10935120
i guess ruu finally put her foot down and kicked them out lmao
>>
>>10935120
>mixing quality
I think she might just lack access to a high quality mic.

Overall song + pv is a good release and not cringey. I think for the normie haters, this is a good victory for her.

On a more critical standpoint, I want to see more about what makes Berry "Berry" other than her virality and people pitying her. Hopefully we can see that in her next releases/as ahe continues her career. Like for example, why is she named Berry anyway? just because strawberry?
>>
>>10935172
She actually answers questions similar to that on her TikTok if you follow her.
>>
>>10935120
Both of them contributed barely anything and were barely active. Not to mention, Q has a history of bullying and Ash has a pattern of poor behavior that made IIN look bad. Alexis and Koda are next if they don’t step up.

>>10935182
>ACKTUALLY she answers questions similar to that on her TikTok
Why doesn’t she show, not tell? Outside of what >>10935172, the only thing I get is that she’s genki and aping idol anime.
>>
>>10934600
How is she on stage though? Is it like a polished professional performance? Does she get loose and interact with the audience?
>>
>>10935187
Go see her shows then
>>
>>10935120
Look like their bullshit caught up with them
>>
>>10935191
Why are we to assume they got kicked out? Ash stopped being a soloist and probably decided to separate themselves from the community all together. Idk about Q. But they haven't been active in the community as far as I've seen either.
>>
>>10935193
>stopped being a soloist and probably decided to separate themselves from the community all together
Isn't he still in Signals, though? It's kind of hard to "separate yourself from the community" when you're still in an active idol group, no?
>>
>>10935197
>>10935193
no graduation post yet. it’s probably safe to assume they’re still an idol. q an active vtuber too.
>>
>>10935205
https://intlidol.net/#staff

They're both still listed as staff though. If they both left, good riddance. Q has a massive history of bullying and being a drama queen, as well as making up rumors. Ash, same.
>>
File: vomit.png (153 KB, 323x309)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>10934021
>>
>>10935210
I don’t think IIN has updated their website in a while. The about page still says the server has 600 members. There’s also no mention of Idolizine anywhere on the website either, too.

https://intlidol.net/#about-iin
>>
>>10935190
I'm not in whatever region she's in and googling her only gives me a Billy Idol song (which is a pretty good song I'll say)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7ITl6-1r7o
>>
>>10935190
As much as I’d love to fly around spending money to see Kaigai idols, it’s not in the cards for me at the moment.
It’s a massive red flag she doesn’t post her live sets in my opinion. I guess you could chalk it up to you need to pay to see her perform live but even big groups that normally put things behind a paywall (I.e. non sweet) have easily accessible live footage available online. From the muted clips she’ll post in a vlog, she clearly seems relatively well practiced at the songs she’s doing but the avoiding posting your singing screams to me it can’t be that good live. Which is honestly completely fine!! To me, the whole charm point is seeing your favourite idols grow and hone their skills. I guess the whole getting doxxed and harassed thing has scared her away from posting anything but a carefully curated online image. It’s a shame. I agree with folks above, I want to see Berry be a little more real than she is now.
>>
>>10935226
>Not posting videos is a red flag
Agree. Paida is in the same campz
>>
>>10935231
Paida admitted on her instagram livestream that she doesn't post live footage because she's never satisfied with her performances due to the way she sounds, probably the way she looks, etc
>>
>>10935210
it might have been so recent that they haven’t changed it yet but both of their names are white and have no roles. they have definitely left the server. ruu has a spine for once kek.

>>10935232
she’ll post tiktok after tiktok of her full body while dancing but she won’t post any footage of her doing what she does for a living? ok.
>>
>>10935234
a tiktok dance captured on a carefully positioned phone where she's not live singing sweating under lights lol

it is what it is. I'm sure most people who watch her live don't really get "disappointed" because they're there because they like her as a person
>>
>>10934484
it’s been very quiet since this was posted lmao
>>10935226
>>10935232
>>10935260
when your follower count speaks for you, you can afford to be a shitty performer

did anyone go to to the idol competition and idol showcase at anime magic or to san japan?
>>
>>10935585
overslept for the showcase but attended the competition at anime magic. cherie won. something went wrong with the sound and it kept cutting off but she got through it without even flinching. vocally very strong and she was staring down the judges during her song. i love her aura she is kind of scary and cute at the same time

i forgot the name of the first girl to compete but she was also a fantastic singer. does anybody remember her name?
>>
Mimi's new original finally came out. It was written by Monii.
https://youtu.be/82-UsOjSjs0?si=9BO2IcOwoPSe0-GH
>>
>>10935676
So I've listened to this a handful of times just to get an accurate grasp on it. And first I will say, I've noticed that whenever Monii writes a song, or has done the vocal guides for someone's, I can really tell because the singers always end up sounding like her. Her writing style is also very very pop dominant. And while it's not bad by any means, I can't help but feel that it doesnt fit the track as much. It feels a bit empty as well with how much there is going on with the melody and lyrics. It's hard to explain. The song doesn't feel memorable.

Aside from those points though, I'm always impressed with Mimi's forever expanding skill set and hard work. The animation isn't half bad for someone who just started and I can tell a lot of work went into this. I do wish she had more if a hand in the making of the actual song. It feels less personal if someone just writes it all for you and all you have to do is sing it.
>>
>>10935676
The song is pretty good for what it is. The animation is excellent, which is the main focal point anyway as Mimi is known for being an artist more than being a singer/songwriter.
>>
>>10935748
I agree about the writing. It sounds vague like I can't really tell what she's actually singing about. I guess that just leaves things up to interpretation of the listener so they can apply the song to whatever situation they want to relate it to. I prefer lyrics that are more straight to the point. but that's because it allows me to understand what the singer is singing about exactly which lets me feel like I'm getting to know them more personally. Mimi seems to be pretty closed off from revealing much of her personal life and although she doesn't have a boring personality, at the same time, I feel like she has a bit of a wall up. I mean, I can only assume part of the reason why she stopped live performing was because she didn't want to be in front of people. Being in front of people means being vulnerable and audiences getting to know you deeper, in a way. Nothing really wrong with that though. She has a lot of followers so clearly people don't mind her being like that.
>>
>>10935761
This is why I think she just wants the creativity aspect of being an idol rather than the vulnerability and connection aspect of it. She's great at story building, making characters, designs and writing. But the performing part always seemed to be a weak spot for her.
>>
>>10935761
> Being in front of people means being vulnerable and audiences getting to know you deeper, in a way. Nothing really wrong with that though. She has a lot of followers so clearly people don't mind her being like that.
> This is why I think she just wants the creativity aspect of being an idol rather than the vulnerability and connection aspect of it.
This is why she’s a better vtuber than she was an idol in Reso. Vtubers can hide behind a character and take on that persona completely separately from their irl selves. You don’t need any personality other than basic traits and be somewhat entertaining. Meanwhile, audiences can project whatever they want over the basic traits they do show.

Mimi irl has historically shown that she has a horrible entitled personality and has a history of being entitled and a bully to group members and convention staff but Mimi the Vtuber is a character who is a completely blank slate for her audience.
>>
The first competitor on next top idol in anime magic was wasai bee, she’s quite skilled. She’s apart of michi project
>>
>>10935585
I enjoyed the San Japan idol fest. Was impressed by Ice Pops performance. The vocalists were a mixed bag. Did anyone else go?
>>
>>10935663
I think the first singer was Wasaibee, I really liked her. Cherie also did well with the audio malfunction.
>>
>>10935853
In what ways has Mimi shown that she was entitled?
>>
>>10935940
>Her bullying the Stellure members, taking advantage of her song writer, and never paying anyone back
>Her entitlement towards event organizers and staff, in Reso
This is literally a years-long, well documented pattern of behavior that you can easily find on archived threads.
>>
>>10936153
Apparently she also ignores a lot of her fans that approach her in person during cons. Something I noticed since her Stellure days honestly is that she doesn’t truly care about ‘fans’.
>>
>>10935193
>>10935197
I saw that Marmalade post on her story she’s making costumes for this group and finished making that member’s costume. What is going on? Did they waste their money or what?

>>10936182
I noticed this, too.
>inb4 maybe she’s just busy!
If a fan approaches you, you can be polite and tell them that you can’t stop to talk instead of giving them the cold shoulder.
>>
>>10936153
Wasn't she a child in Stellure? Hypocritical 4chan users, once again.
>>
>>10936199
NTAYRT Yes. She was 19 by the time Stellure disbanded. Clearly, she didn’t grow out of it.

>>10936197
If that member “left the community” and stopped being an idol as recently as >>10935234 was speculating, then congratulations to Signals for wasting hundreds of dollars. Did nobody else see the complete meltdown that happened in the last thread? This group is a complete mess.

>>10935917
I went specifically for the see.ker subunit. They did great as expected. I agree it was a mixed bag. Riel was interesting and very unique. I would have liked to see more original idols and less k-pop and cosplay acts. Does anyone know took over San Japan from TIF?
>>
>>10936222
She never did. She even did this at AnimeExpo when she attended in 2019 and acted like she’s so high and mighty and gave people the cold shoulder and ignored them. Way to show appreciation to your fans, Julia. Bet she’ll only continue to be this way until somebody points it out.
>>
>>10936222
>>10936197
Not sure what’s worse: Members of that group publicly having financial struggles and spending money probably don’t have or if she knows, Marmalade taking a commission from someone in that situation.

I guess she has to take people at their word that they’re being financially responsible when they commission her. How much responsibility to say no does an artist getting commissioned have in that situation?

>>10936222
>Who took over San Japan?
Love Notes. They’re the organizer for Okashicon’s showcase, too.
>>
>>10936242
Zero?? Why is it the seller's responsibility to make sure the buyer is being smart with their own money? As long as they get paid who cares Lol
>>
>>10936242
If they actually know for certain that the buyer using their rent money to pay for commissions or if they’re having a manic episode and spending recklessly or something, they have a small responsibility say question it before accepting the commission. Otherwise, I agree with >>10936243. If the buyer hurts themselves that’s their own damn fault.

Marmalade clearly lists her estimated prices and the cost breakdowns on her commission form. If they spent money they don’t have and then wasted it by having a member leave the community and losing performance opportunities before the commission was finished, that’s just the cost of doing business. Womp womp.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/133uHpzuah5iezd7GDyROPwtnFXgjfZNpVtlrCMP3YD8/
>>
are there any idol events worth going to coming up?
>>
>>10936197
Do you think she's really gonna post about an update for a member who cancelled on their order?

either the costume will be finished to completion and paid properly by who you suspect it's for, or it's straight up for a completely different person.

either way, I doubt either parties are dumb enough to scam/get scammed.

more proof that this member and this group lives rent free in people's head, for some reason, despite barely doing anything in the community. wow, wish I had that impact!
>>
>>10936291
>Speculation
Marmalade confirmed that it’s for Signals on her story and the costume WIPs she’s been posting has the group’s branding literally embroidered into the costume. She posted Ash’s costume to her story. There’s no speculation about who it could be for LMAO.

Nobody here even implied they cancelled their order or that anyone got scammed. One of the members constantly talks about living paycheck to paycheck and one member seems to have completely left the community after schizoposting in the last thread, and this group might have lost most of their performing opportunities by pissing off the wrong people… but they’ve placed this massive and expensive costume commission with a high profile creator. They’re such messy people that it’s schadenfreude.
>>
You people must be autistic because there ain't no reason this messy group is living so rent free in your heads you can't go one thread without bringing them up
>>
>>10936324
No fr it’s always signals signals signals there are so many other groups you can take the time to look at but no it’s just signals
>>
>>10936303
I'm not reading all of that because you probably have brain damage
>>
>>10936324
>>10936330
>>10936344
they’re back! stop selfposting on here for validation and getting upset when anyone says anything negative. clearly this is the only way you all know how to get attention. disband already.

anyway,

>>10936277
idol events worth going to coming up
>rapid steps
looks like a venue event and they have chiri girls headlining
>nwif
>ala
>holmat
>>
>>10936291
>>10936324
>>10936330
>>10936344
I don’t get why you’re all so defensive about this and going on about *~iF iTs AcTuAlLy FoR tHeM~*. There’s nothing wrong with them placing a commission with a talented seamstress. Good for them for being able to do that?
Why would anyone need to hide that like it’s a bad thing if it’s just a commission? Or is what people are speculating here about it being a waste for this group true?
>>
>>10936344
like you have reading comprehension anyway, retard kek
>>
>>10936350
oh shit, i had no idea chiri girls were headlining rapid steps. good for them! have they announced anybody else notable?
>>
>>10936371
It looks like Cherie is headlining too.

If anyone is going to LA Idol Matsuri, can you tell us all it if it was a trainwreck or actually good?
>>
>>10936372
it was hot but good enough
>>
>>10936359
it's probably a waste judging by that reaction to try to deny that it's for them. marmalade's waitlist are months long, so they would've had to place this way before ash flounced from the idol community.
marmalade probably doesn't even know anything about that. she's just being hired and is sharing what she's working on. lmao if signals didn't want her to share it while she worked on their commission, they could have just asked. messy, messy, messy.

>>10936277
agree with >>10936350. awa is consistently good year after year, too.
speaking of, does anyone know what the lineup is yet for sif this year?

>>10936371
>>10936372
does anyone have a website or page for this event? who's running it? i can't find it.

>>10936393
ok. what was good about it? were the performers any good? details pls.
>>
Did anybody attend LA idol matsuri yesterday?
>>
>>10936406
Jesus christ, put a little more effort into googling.
>AWA
Judging from AWA’s official social media, the lineup hasn’t come out yet.
>Rapid Steps
It’s ran by Midwestern Idol Union. They even have a website.
https://www.instagram.com/midwesternidolunion/
https://rapidstepsidolfest.com/

>>10936372
>>10936407
It was alright. It’s probably the worst event I’ve been to in SoCal. Too many performers and it was mixed quality. The performers all looked exhausted and sick by the end. Basically the same issues as SCIF last year. The guy who runs it is clueless as to run a decent event.

NGL Idol Party and Little Akiba lives are way better. SoCal has way better events that have set the standard so there’s really no excuse for Idol Matsuri to be this way.
>>
>>10936408
Will also add something here. The guy who runs the event was also quite stuck up and rude. One of the anons from earlier in this thread pointed out that he’s never willing to take feedback as well. All his events are usually so unorganized.
>>
>>10936406
I don’t think she was denying it was for them, she was trying to gain hype for the new project she was working on. People are so obsessed with talking about signals here that they read too much into things.
>>
>>10936441
what's his name?
we should focus on shitty people like this in the community and not cat fights
>>
>>10936479
mikotan. he runs animarketplace too.
>>
>>10936459
>I don’t think she was denying it was for them, she was trying to gain hype for the new project she was working on.
ayrt. i was saying “anons” were denying it was for them and being defensive. marmalade is 100% just trying to share what she’s working on, who’s she’s doing it for, and to generate hype.

imo i think signals does it to themselves. it is very obvious at this point that this group likes to post about themselves and if they aren’t the ones posting first, they like to respond.

>>10936459 ayrt
>>10936479
people have already namedropped him several times lmao. his name is mikotan and he also runs anime marketplace and touhoufest.
https://x.com/thatmikotan
https://www.animarketplace.org/
>>
Did anyone go to CCE’s idol showcase? The clips I saw weren’t very good.
>>
Does anyone know where to find free/cheap producers who will write and master a song? Should I look on twitter? I know there are people looking to break into the community. I am currently with a group but a few of us are breaking off. Won't say who don't even ask, but there are hints.
>>
>>10936577
What is your maximum budget? You probably won’t find an experienced and decent producer who will completely compose and master a song for anything under $800 and you definitely won’t find anyone for free.
>>
>>10936577
>I know there are people looking to break into the community.
you underestimate how desirable kaigai idols are. especially if they’re broke like you are. save up for a decent producer or learn how to do it yourself.
>>
>>10936530
It was bad this year. Almost all cosplayers and everyone looked sloppy. Emcees had no energy or charisma. I think it's being run by a different group of people now so that could explain the quality dip.
>>
>>10936582
I think you meant overestimate but I completely agree. Most decent producers would never fully compose and master a song that someone else could profit on for free.

Save up and properly pay your producer.
>>
>>10936577
>I am currently with a group but a few of us are breaking off. Won't say who don't even ask, but there are hints.
You know you could have just stopped after your questions, right? Nobody cares about your group that’s falling apart.

Anyway, agree with>>10936580, >>10936582, and >>10936618. To find a good producer, you need to narrow down the style you want, too.
What style are you looking for? Some producers are stronger at some styles than others and if you’re only picking by who will do underpaid or unpaid labor for you, you’re going to be disappointed.
>>
>>10936577
Getting a listenable song for free is never going to happen. The cheapest you're going to get is someone on Fiverr from a country with comparatively low salaries. Quick search for Jpop producer comes up with a bunch of people from Indonesia willing to do fully produced songs for about $200 or less. I've seen people in the community use even cheaper Fiverr services and get decent outcomes.

Aside from the fact there are almost no producers that want to "break into" the overseas idol community, I'd be wary of anyone that actually wants to. What decent producer would set out to work with a community where 95% of people can barely sing? There isn't even any money in it, because the idols waste all of their budget on costumes/visuals and the music is only an afterthought. All the decent English speaking J-pop producers are working with Vtubers. Even though the pay isn't great and the average singing level is only slightly above overseas idols, at least they get some exposure because there is an actual audience for Vtubers.

If you want your group to have music that people genuinely want to listen to, you'll not only need a much bigger budget, but some serious chops as musicians/singers too.

And while I'm on the topic, a general reminder to the community: No amount of money in the world, no producer can make a shitty vocal performance sound good. Sure it can be improved to a certain degree, but not to the point where it actually sounds *good*. Don't bother recording until you know you can sing the hell out of it. I'm sick of hearing people sounding like dull zombies, please try to put some energy/excitement in your vocal recordings. Even if you're not a good singer, it makes all the difference.
>>
>>10936580
>>10936582
>>10936618
>>10936637
>>10936639
this actually isn't true of most indie music scenes. the kaigai ido community is getting fleeced as far as i can tell. indie idols in japan and some idol vtubers often work with doujin groups that both treat the song like a collab. plus, if you have friends who have access to equipment they often let you use it for free. 99% of kaigai idols can't sing though or copy bad techniques so i agree that most wouldn't work with them for free.
>>
>>10936641
Outside of charity work for a friend, no one is going to collaborate unless there is mutual benefit, but the average kaigai idol has absolutely nothing meaningful to offer. I wouldn't even consider this a music scene, there are almost no legitimate musicians, a few amateurs, and a whole sea of people who can't even be bothered to sing a song and just dance to other people's music. Decent singers are a dime a dozen in the world, and this is the last place you would look for them.

The vocals that most kaigai idols supply are even more painful to listen to than if you just used SynthV. So to collaborate with the average kaigai idol means to accept that whatever song you made is going to sound even worse than if you did it all yourself. You'd have to pay me a pretty hefty sum to waste 50+ hours of my time making a song for a stranger that you know they're going to ruin and won't even bring any exposure. So no I don't think that kaigai idols are getting "fleeced" at all by paying for their original music.

Musician collabs are mostly about connections anyhow. People who are friends or "friends of a friend", people who have gigged together, people that you've seen at local clubs, etc. If you want to make connections with musicians to collab with, the only way is to get your performance skills up to snuff, build a name for yourself, become a member of actual musician communities online or irl, network, then hope you get lucky.

As a wise man once said, "nothing from nothing leaves nothing".... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2bE-OBtwk
>>
>>10936639
>>10936641
>>10936652
>acting as if the average chika idol can sing
c’mon, be so fucking for real. it’s not like kaigai idols are uniquely poor singers in the realm of idol music. i think y’all are a little too k-pop brained when it comes to singers. notice how all of the big name kaigai idols and up-and-comers all have unique and distinctive voices.

hard agree that a low cost or free song would be based on connections. if you walk into it feeling entitled to a song or can’t contribute to it in some way, you probably won’t have a positive networking experience. piss off enough people and you can kiss your connections goodbye.

my advice is if anon really wants that low cost song, get good, be normal, and stop feeling entitled to skilled artist’s time for free.
>>
>>10936656
Actually I do think they are uniquely poor singers, and I don't like K-pop for the record. A good singer to me is someone who is able to adapt to the song they are singing to make it enjoyable to listen to. You don't need much vocal technique to do this, just a sense of how to phrase the melody, awareness of what parts of your range are the strongest, an awareness of the genre you are singing, a moderate ability to match pitch and stay on time, and a little emotion. Most mediocre indie singers have at least the good sense to stick to a single genre that suits their abilities, meanwhile kaigai idols will be out there doing a cover of a song with a crazy funky bassline but singing it like they're in the school choir. The people that are getting too hung up on techniques they learned in theater class or only care about singing "in tune" are ironically the ones who need the most help. Just let go and feel the music, man. That's all anyone really needs.
>>
File: IMG_8859.gif (3.66 MB, 498x498)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB GIF
>>10936660
>Actually I do think they are uniquely poor singers, and I don't like K-pop for the record.
>>
>>10936672
LMAOOOOOOO
>>
>>10936660
I’m the >>10936672 anon. This is correct and good advice, a lot of kaigai idols do sing very stiffly. You don’t have to be such a nerd about it. LMAO
>>
>>10936408
>>10936509
>look at links
>man runs an idol event
>makes the event ending collab 2 Oshi No Ko songs
>social media break after a mid event
So does he actually like idol culture or is he just an anime fan? What’s his background? Who is he actually, outside of his social media and running 3 events? Can anyone from SoCal enlighten me?
>>
>>10936679
He's an autistic narcissist with too much money on his hands. Was part of the board for TouhouCon in 2015. Before AMP, most of his background is from running Touhou gatherings at AX and at the park. He doesn't give a shit about idols, he's just obsessed with being a community "leader"
>>
>>10936641
a collab would imply that both sides would benefit from the result. Please tell me how a producer would benefit from working with an unknown kaigai group for low to no pay.

And when something profitable is involved like an original song, it's only right to pay those who are involved. People get away with asking for free things in the utaite/vtuber scene but that normally involves trading skillsets or sometimes clout, which again, is a mutual benefit.
>>
all this talk of poor singing and the one of the few idols with singing charisma posted that shes coming to nwif. everyone knows who i mean lol. maybe ill actually attend this time
>>
I hope NWIF and Idol Party organizers keep gatekeeping hard and continue to bring high quality, good looking talent. I feel more inspired seeing beautiful idols than sloppy cosplayers.
https://youtu.be/TV0L8JMbuzw
>>
>>10936750
>>10936751
I’m looking forward to NWIF for the same reasons. Both the lineup looks very good this year. It’s a real shame it’s the last NWIF. That event and Idol Party are run by the same company so I hope they keep the quality high with their future events.
>>
>>10936600
>>10936530
i left halfway through because it was too goddamn long. saw later that there were 30 acts in the whole showcase. they need to give it back to the old organizers.

>>10936750
you should definitely tell her that she’s better than most of the plebs in this community irl. it will most certainly not weird her out or make her feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>10936577
Like others said the absolute cheapest you can probable get something that is actually good and not a cringy awkward orisong is to hire someone on fiverr and to get a low effort jpop-y sound tell the composer to use the royal road progresson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aezSL_GvZA

If you want to do something collaborative where everyone involved gets something out of it then you might want to join the utaite and chorus battle community.

>>10936641
Small indie idol groups in japan usually have a producer who makes all the music as the actual heart of the group, with the concept music and visuals generally being the producer's baby. Because they're producer-first, in more than a few of these groups the music can get pretty experimental and far removed from the standard colorful idol pop found in idol anime. There are self-produced groups but they usually have some skills in themselves to begin with such as lyric writing or choreography and they still have to work with or hire producers to make the tracks.

In the end yeah you have to be an objectively good singer to incentivize someone to work with you and your vision for cheap, or you have to be willing to adjust yourself to fit someone else's style if they're looking for vocalists willing to sing their songs.
>>
>>10936750
I actually don't know, can you drop their social since it's public knowledge? Why even hide it if there's no drama involved?
>>
>>10936812
i was talking about cherie ife . even tho she only has community stage she was splashed across numerous twitter and instagram profiles 2 days ago with heaps of support.so i thought most enthusiasts saw it lol
>>
>>10936827
>even tho she only has community stage she was splashed across numerous twitter and instagram profiles 2 days ago with heaps of support so i thought most enthusiasts saw it
>saw a couple people reshare it on twitter and ig and assumed everyone knew
good god you’re weird
>>
LA Idol Matsuri posted a feedback form for attendees. Who even thinks they’ll listen, considering the person who runs this event?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHwkEeZhlZR7oDLmPu6EoHax7phJpp2HEBwH_2u1mpwAly9Q/viewform
>>
>>10936845
>must sign in to fill out the form
they’re collecting emails. these forms are supposed to be anonymous lmao.
>>
>>10936863
The form IS anonymous, dingus. it says "Email not shared" at the top. The sign in requirement is to reduce duplicate entries. Every con survey I have filled in the last 5 years used the same feature.
>>
>>10936865
dingus? what are you, a faggot?
>>
Any advice for someone moving to midwest/IL soon? I'm from the southwest and there's a lot of great people, but I've also learned over time that some people/events are better to avoid either for poor organization or shitty behavior in the community.

I searched archives and followed some idols that were reccomended and the MIU to start! I'm mostly into alt-idols, I do a popup maid cafe here and sometimes dance, but I mostly want to wotakatsu. I find it tough to connect both irl and online but I want to make a better effort after I move. I'm just hoping to get a pulse on what to expect in terms of the idol and concafe community, so if anyone has anything else to share I would really appreciate it! ty
>>
>>10936997
All the events are in Ohio.
>>
I heard that HolMat applications went out this weekend. Anyone know who got rejected and who got accepted based on butthurt?

>>10936997
If there’s anything in Illinois, it will be in Chicago. Lots of cosidols and not a lot of wota or real idol culture in the Midwest. It’s dry out here. Most events are in Ohio like >>10937012 said or Rapid Steps event in Michigan.
>>
>>10937012
as someone from Illinois I have never heard of a single Iowa event
>>
>>10937035
I meant Ohio oops they sound similar to me. I’ll agree there’s not much of a wota community in Illinois however it’s prolly cause no one knows ab it desu someone has to start that community
>>
>>10937036
Ohio and Iowa do not sound similar lmaoooo. Ohio has events all the time - between Ichigo Ro, Yumetopia, and Bitter Sweet, there's always something going on.
>>
>>10937012
>>10937026
>>10937037
>>10937036
thanks anons
>>
list every kaigai idol you know
>>
Not a single good act got into Holmat, except maybe Illixcite.
>>
>>10937362
not even phoebe?

berry being there will be interesting.

the cosplay groups are such a stark comparison. I hope they split up programming to have a kaigai idol block and cosplay dance block.
>>
>>10937365
Berry burned every bridge she has in the Florida idol community. I'm surprised they let her in.
>>
seems like we have 2 idols releasing their debut songs

Pengy - iirc shes one of the more talented former reso members
MSPaint Palette - anyone ever seen them perform? they did otakon this year but didnt get to go see it

>>10937362
Hard disagree, except Berry, I'm not a fan for the same reasons as everyone else.
Even the cosplay groups they let in are some of the more talented cosplay groups out there who aren't just doing LL/ProSeka.

>>10936751
Any thoughts on the NL acts this year? I'm looking forward to Haschen Madchen, Jelli, & Pengy. Illixcite is great but since I've seen them a bunch before like I know what to expect. Have no clue who the others are though
>>
>>10934157
dont do my boy abner dirty like that. he's like the sinatra of the idol community & he's like such a little guy. he's super supportive of other idols in the community and his twt account has a lot of positive energy. seeing someone that doesn't fit the idol mold go and do something they love is also really inspiring. if thats not the idol spirit idk what is
>>
>>10937395
I'm sorry but a middle aged man in a suit singing covers like frank Sinatra is not idol and doesn't belong in the space. Like go join a karaoke contest or something.
>>
Who tf are scarletxmoon? How do these nobodies with no experience get into such a large event?
>>
>>10937401
holiday matsuri clearly doesnt pick their performers well anon, we know that by now
>>
>>10937480
you anons say that no matter what the line up is...like who are you expecting to see? There isn't really an abundance of great acts in this community.
>>
>>10937393
>NL performers
I think they have a good selection of experienced and new idols. The quality of performers NWIF has historically chosen gives me hope that they’re all primo. I’m looking forward to Pengy the most for NL.

To be honest, looking forward to everyone on the lineup this year: guests, community stage, and NL. Solid choices all around.

>>10937513
Well, knowing they rejected Melancholiaah this year for starters tells me everything I need to know. It’s also ran by Nayo and San now who don’t know anything about idol culture. They pick their line-ups based on ~set list vibes~, which is not a good way to pick your performers imo.
>>
>>10937520
idk if Holmat is really ready for a Melan show desu. setlist is something to consider for a show. ive met the people who run it and they seem to have idol culture knowledge. i dont think its right to perform in a show you staff but can't blame them either. i dont think id have the balls to reject Melan though in that scenario.
>>
>>10937520
I think they've said before (nayo/san) that they aren't the ones who choose the final line up but who knows things change. In terms of Melan, I would say maybe they didn't want a repeat performance...but there's plenty of repeat acts. But also we might consider if there's a budget for our of state acts and any possible extra comp needed for them?? But that's just a theory. I really am not sure why they wouldn't accept the people most likely to give a good show. I think they still are wanting to focus on variety which includes stupid cosplay acts. If HolMat would focus more on original acts maybe they would fit more of them in and not worry about fandom pandering over actual skill and showmanship.
>>
>>10937520
Pretty sure he said he wasn't applying this year? He's literally friends with those two.

Holmat used to cover hotel which made out of state acts inclined to apply since that's 1k easy in costs, but they didn't this year. Assuming it made a difference in who applied overall honestly.
>>
>>10937548
It being not the same venue I'm sure deterred some people from applying. It's a shame to hear they also couldn't comp hotel this time. That was the best perk.
>>
>>10937545
Krystal the co-founder of the con has the final say.

Melan is a rock male singer. to her, that isn't "idol." Idol is floofy skirts and sparkles. One time at the con was enough.
>>
>>10937521
it makes perfect sense to perform at an event you staff at. you put in all the hard work to organize things, you should get to be on that stage too.
>>
>>10937520
you all need to keep in mind that holmat idol fest isn't made for the kaigai idol community. it's made for the attendees of the con who by large are average anime fans/surface level idol fans who would know more about love live than any irl idol group.

the con could have better quality control over picking acts, but let's face it, does it REALLY matter? it's not a separate ticketed event and there's no cash prizes involved. people are going to watch it and be curious about it no matter who is performing because for most con attendees, they have no idea who any of these people are and are used to things at cons being cringe.
>>
>>10937520
I'm sorry you didn't get in, Keira.
Really, anyone who knows Holmat knows that Krystal is the be-all end-all, and once you're on her blacklist, it's impossible to get off of it. I think if anyone's bitter about not getting in, you should think about if you've done something to piss the wrong people off. Or maybe your application is just bad. Some people try to coast in on their name alone.
Anyway, I would be surprised if Melancholiaaah applied in the first place. He posted something vague on Twitter that smells like a graduation announcement.
>>
>>10937641
Keira? Really?
I can't imagine her being mad about not getting in because she's shared online about how overwhelming the experience was.
>>
>>10937641
Keira Is a huge bitch who cries when she doesn’t get her way. Not surprised she is blacklisted.
>>
>>10937661
These insults are sounding familiar. The strays are just plugging in names of idols they're threatened by huh?
>>
>>10937663
Threatened by Keira? How can you be threatened by someone who never does anything? She`s pretty much inactive.
>>
>>10937681
Yes, exactly ...so why is she being brought up out of nowhere?
>>
>>10937681
She's releasing a new song, which would be her third, participated in idol fest, won metro voice, is conventionally attractive, has an objectively great voice, and a decent amount of support

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.