[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1729557919006.jpg (57 KB, 822x822)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Is it the absolute best fast food burger?
What comes close?
>>
>>20925117
chili's lunch deal for ten bucks is superior, and you can order online and have it brought to your car
culvers, in&out are regionally far better
checkers is slept on
the QPC is a specific flavor, not the best 'burger'
>>
>>20925117
If you just want to enjoy yourself esquites.
If you want a more “proper” meal then a burger would be better.
>>
>>20925117
>the absolute best fast food burger?
How fast does it have to be? I can make a burger in about 5 minutes from good ingredients if I already formed the patties.
>>
>>20925117
Mogged by every and any burger from In N out, wattaburger, A & W, Fosters Freeze, Wienerschnitzel, White Castle, Sonic, Rally’s, DQ, Steak Shack, The Habit, the list goes on
>>
>>20925117
Even A&W is better
>>
>>20925353
A&W is the most underrated burger in america, it's better than in-n-out and and cheaper than 5 guys
>>
File: bigbufordbaconzilla.jpg (17 KB, 400x195)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>20925117
Checkers Big Buford, or Baconzilla. If you find a good location it's the best.
>>
ultimate double whopper
>>
>>20925409
based checkersbro / rallysbro
>>
>>20925117
Am I weird if I only want a single patty on my burger? It doesn't even have to be all that big. I just prefer the ratio with a single patty.
>>
>>20925435
No, I only get a single.
>>
>>20925177
>I can make a burger in 5 minutes if you let me do 3/4 of the work off the clock.
>>
>>20925117
Big Mac is better
>>
>>20925117
Honestly? I don’t eat much fast food but the Burger King whopper is pretty good
>>
>>20925117
Just look at the bun though, why the fuck did they have to shrink it to like half the size, absolutely retarded. It does go down very well, but I just never bother buying maccas since the stomach doesn't even bother trying to absorb it.

>>20926042
Double whopper (hungry jacks) used to be a go-to before drinking, but I guess I got over it. The tomato and lettuce they put on always seemed to be colder than it should be, and that always stood out.

Don't really do fast food a whole lot and we don't have a number of those other joints from the US, but the burger I'm most likely to spend money on would be the kfc zinger stacker since it fills you up pretty good.
>>
>>20925117
in & out is better
and the whopper is underrated for a big chain
>>
>>20925117
for me, it's the Big Mac™
>>
No, you buy two double quarter pounders with the hundreds of bogo coupons they mail you every month their away two buns, put together and make a proper cheeseburger.
>>
Might as well just get a good burger at a real restaurant with the fast food prices these days.
>>
File: image0.jpg (359 KB, 1332x2059)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>20926103
>>20925612
On the topic of this, some fat stoner left this in front of my apartment building. Found it at 7:00 am, presumably he was either drunk/high and fell asleep.

Who the fuck gets a Big Mac with no pickles, sauce or onions??
>>
>>20926177
>no pickles no onions
Literal subhuman
>>
>>20926177
Imagine spending 50 DOLLARS to buy some ultra-processed mystery slop

That could have been a week's worth of fresh, whole, nutritious real food.
The absolute state of America
>>
>>20925132
Chili's lunch was my lifeblood in 2008 and 2009. Beware though: I gained 35 pounds one summer because of big mouth bites, chicken crisper and nachos. The sodium count will give you massive massive headaches if you stop also. Not disparaging, but absolutely warning. I was 18 being told I had signs of prediabetes after marathoning Chili's for a year
>>
>>20925177
No you can't. People always try to cope that their homemade burgers are good but it's store grade ground Chuck no matter what you do to it.
To answer OP, Five Guys
>>
>>20926261
100% beef.

Dummy. But you knew that. Just wanted to troll.
>>
>>20926261
This was Canada but the point still stands, the $50 doesn't include the delivery fees and tip

It was freezing cold lmao. Surprised a homeless guy didn't snatch it
>>
>>20925409
>If you find a good location
This is key for Checkers. The worst meal of your life lives at a bad location where many late night delights are ready for you if you find a good location. The quality gap for Checkers Rallys is nuts
>>
>>20926269
Why would you let homeless live and exist around you? Take them out.
>>
>>20926272
the -40C here typically does that for free
>>
File: chili's potato soup.jpg (102 KB, 750x1000)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>20926263
That and the soups. If you ever let it get to room temperature you will taste the salt bomb, but damn a cheesy potato soup is good fresh. Used to take some klonopin for my AutoCAD class with my brother, and after going home for the day stopping at Chilis for $6 24oz Coors lights, split a big mouth bites, and two cups of soup.
If someone tells you hunger is the best spice, I respectfully disagree. It's benzos.
>>
>>20925117
>>
File: raquel-gonzalez-wwe.gif (2.37 MB, 395x498)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB GIF
>>20925117
Yummy
>>
>>20925117
Lose the pickles, cheese, onions, mustard and I'll happily enjoy that bad boy.
>>
>>20925117
>>20925177
When did burgers need to be the best anyway, frozen patties are fine for a pleb food like a burger, throw that shit together in 5 minutes and save yourself $7. It’s literally just plain ground beef on a bun, spend your money on actually good food that take effort and technique.
>>
>>20925117
Single quarter pounder is already perfect. You fucked it up by going double, the meat to cheese ratio dropped from 2:1 to 1:1.
>>
>available at any fish and chip shop, usually homemade patties
>humbly shits all over the entire burgerdom of the u.s
>>
>>20925117
Maybe if you enjoy ecoli
>>20927011
>>
File: ew-brotha-eww-meme.gif (635 KB, 165x124)
635 KB
635 KB GIF
>>20927343
>pineapple
>>
>>20925565
You think McDonald's makes their burgers from scratch when you place your order?
>>
>>20926455
Sounds comfy aside from the drugs, cheesy potato soups are my favorite
>>
>>20928007
Not that guy but pineapple on burgers is amazing
Also, I love that you have a problem with the pineapple but not the beetroot
>>
McShillsissies... it's over...
>>
>>20926177
People are failing to point out that a McDonald's cheeseburger without mustard is like going to a brothel to watch TV. The mustard is essential in a cheeseburger and a double cheeseburger needs extra mustard. You should track that cocksucker down and feed him your boot. What a poofter.
>>
>>20928061
nta but beetroot in burgers is rad. pineapple sucks ass in burgers but I hate all sweet shit in what I feel should be savoury. so yeah, to me beetroot is normal and pineapple is wrong.
>>
>>20928338
Beetroot is sweet
>>
>>20928061
>>20928613
Not them, but I put beetroot on every burger I make at home, but I've also had a literal three decade hatred for pineapple (much of that probably stemming from hawaiian pizza). I like the taste of pineapple juice, but even today there's just something about biting into the fruit itself.

I'll eat any "normal" food put in front of me, but am happy to keep ignoring pineapple.
>>
Have you checked the news lately OP?
>>
>>20925117
I had one a few weeks ago at McDonald's and it was mid, too much grease with the Quarter Pounder patties, and the flavor of the beef doesn't redeem the size
>>
>>20928613
i knew some dumb cunt was gonna say that but it really isn't that sweet, especially compared to pineapple.

>>20929218
same and based.
>>
>>20925117
Extra onions
>>
>>20925117
I happen to prefer the fat, queer cackling Harris burger than you very much, as a proud gender diverse woman of color.
>>
>>20925117
Going to skim through this thread to see when the ecoli news hit.
>>
File: fastfood worker.webm (3.24 MB, 720x480)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB WEBM
i'd love to try it but.... i always remember who makes them
>>
>>20925117
for me it was the $1 double cheeseburgers at burger king. me and my dad would eat like kings with 10 bucks with a few burgers and some onion rings between us
>>
>>20925117
>Is it the absolute best fast food burger?

It's not even the best burger from McDonalds. In fact it's a down right shitty burger because it uses double-stacked patties without an intermediate bun (any burger that does that turns into meat slop in your mouth).
>>
File: v0dvok6k54s71.png (427 KB, 1080x1066)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>20925117
>add bacon
>add all veggies extra
>remove all cheese and sauce
Now it's the best
t. texture sperg
>>
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.
One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".
Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.
I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
>>
>>20931136
For me it's the Fish 'O Filet. When I was younger I recoiled at the idea of a fish sandwich from McDonald's but I still remember the first time I had it circa 2002 on a Friday when I decided to throw caution in the wind and get the Filet-O-Fish McDeal. Was it life changing? I wouldn't go quite this far but it certainly was an eye opener.

No, it might not be my usual or even a frequent companion in my car, but the Filet-O-Fish holds a special place in my heart. The soft steamed bun is like a heavenly pillow that holds a perfectly crisp and flaky patty of sustainable Alaskan pollock. The tartar sauce is impeccable with just the right amount of tanginess and the perfect creamy companion to the patty; it really does tie everything together. Cheese on fish? I wasn't a believer either but that slice of processed cheddar cheese, invariably perfectly melted like you see in the ads, is a magnificient addition. Possibly superfluous, I can't say for sure because I've only had one with cheese, but I have faith that the McDonald's creators knew what they were doing when they added it; they tend to perceive the gestalt of each menu item in a way that most of us simply cannot.

I am a fan of juxtaposing textures and I concede that the Filet-O-Fish does not have a contrasting crunch to balance the impossibly soft steamed bun and generous helping of tartar sauce. But you know what? It works. God knows why but it works, it really does. I sometimes alternate bites with their world famous fries, refreshing every so often with an ice cold Diet Coke that cleanses my palate and readies me for the next delightful bite.

For me, it will always be the McChicken. But when I'm feeling adventuresome or just want a change from the usual perfect sandwich, I go for the Filet-O-Fish.
>>
>>20931138
I went to McDonald's yesterday and got a Filet-O-Fish combo and a Bacon Clubhouse Burger. I was eating it in my vehicle in the parking lot and listening to an audio book when I glanced up and saw the McDonald's worker I ordered from was outside having a cigarette.

She waved at me and I nodded and had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again. I don't think that employees should be bothering or even trying to socialize with customers outside of the McDonald's restaurant or drive through, but that is another story.

I went to McDonald's for dinner last night and got a Big Mac combo and a 10 piece Chicken McNuggets with barbecue dipping sauce. As I was driving to the second window the same girl was still working. She was acting somewhat obsequious and attempting small talk when she asked, 'why don't you come eat inside instead of in the parking lot'.

That really bothered me for many reasons. First of all, I don't want my routine or actions to be tracked by a fast food employee. Secondly, she should not try to tell me how I should live my life. I do not want to eat inside because I find it less comfortable and would much rather be inside my vehicle listening to an audiobook and enjoying myself and my privacy.

Overall, I think it was very unprofessional to bring this up. I should have a clean slate with each drive through visit, not have to get the third degree because I committed some sort of faux pas. Which I don't think I did, because I often see people eating in fast food parking lots. How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?

How do you feel about eating in your vehicle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant versus eating inside the restaurant?
>>
it's the best by a very big margin, but only in the last couple years. wendy's was definitely on top but they fell off so damn hard, and at the same time mcdonald's unfucked the DQP which used to always be overcooked and dry, every time. now it's always juicy and fresh, it's really next level for fast food imo. they switched places drastically.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.