[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: www-100.jpg (2.02 MB, 2000x2000)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
FUCK MODERN SHITTERS edition.

Guides and Info:
>Classic Meme
https://imgur.com/a/6CNO8
>Poorfag guide:
https://www.imgur.com/a/NFMXDuK
>Watch essentials 102:
https://pastebin.com/Rc77hhXV
>Purchasing used watches:
https://pastebin.com/f44aJKy2
>Purchasing straps:
https://pastebin.com/SwRysprE

"Suggest a watch for me."
>Your budget
>Watch type, e.g. dress, diver, pilot
>Movement, e.g. automatic, hand-wound, quartz
>Desired features, e.g. water resistance, day/date, 2nd-time zone
>Preferred strap option, e.g. leather, nylon, bracelet
>Wrist size or desired watch size

Previous thread:>>18168380
>>
Posting the only watch the world needs and we can close this thread for good.
>>
File: IMG_20240704_214642.jpg (1.55 MB, 3456x4608)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
The Citizen.
>>
File: vertex.jpg (42 KB, 600x600)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
>>18169015
Just the right size.
>>
File: GigaChad.jpg (54 KB, 513x513)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>
>>18169013
I would get this over a modern Daytona, Submariner or GMT Master any day.
Best modern Rolex = OP36mm and Explorer 1 36mm. Everything goes into the trash.
If we're talking vintage, then Submariner.
>>
>>18169018
isn't the quintessential rolex the datejust?
>>
>>18169019
It's way too big for you, retard.
Do you wear shoes 3 sizes bigger than your normal size too?
>>
What aesthetic does Producer Michael like in watches? I do not understand his criteria.
>>
Cope if you must
>>
File: IMG_20240628_091945.jpg (1.89 MB, 4608x3456)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>18169017
Have to be at least 70mm.
>>
>>18169028
High pricetags.
That's his only critera in anything.
>>
>>18169030
Based Satanic cabal enjoyer
>>
>Longines are shitte-ACK
>>
>>18169029
Based and historic
>>
>>18169025
The Datejust has been shit since the early 2000s when they introduced polished lugs.
Post 2000s Rolex is a fucking mess. The've made like 3 good watches in 20 years.
>>
For the last time idiots.
It can be called a watch if it fills the following criteria:
>Mechanical (No PM 80 or Co-Axial)
>Costs more than the average home in your country
>Precious metal case (and bracelet if it has one), gold or platinum
>Made by a brand that was founded before the 19th century (resurrected or zombie brands not allowed).
>Has at least one grand complication if it's not a dress watch.

If your watch doesn't meet the criteria, please refrain from posting here.
>>
File: original.jpg (362 KB, 810x1080)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
Marinor
a
r
i
n
o
r
>>
>>18169036
>no fish finder
>>
File: Islander_explorer.jpg (179 KB, 1035x1449)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
Did someone say SHITTERS?

Picrel, I like it and yes I posted it in the last thread...thinkin it might look good on a leather strap.
>>
>>18169039
post your watch
>>
Alright guys, since you claim to know watches, please counter the following statements:

So what exactly makes the Co-Axial so bad?
It was invented and perfected by the legendary George Daniels.
People just seethe because Omega outdid Patek making it viable to mass produce and now they hold exclusive rights among with Roger Smith to make it. Hating it is just cope.

people seethe at the Powermatic 80 because it is an affordable high horology movement. It uses novel materials with a free sprung balance which makes it extremely easy to chronometer certify. Plus it has an 80 hour power reserve unlike your typical basic lever shitter.
Powermatic 80 is actually, unironically, inarguably, good.

Grand Seiko Spring Drive gets hate just because it is regulated by a quartz oscillator.
It is the only movement with a perfectly smooth sweep. It combines the best of both worlds accuracy and aesthetics wise which makes swatch fans seethe.

The Casio F-91W is the perfect timepiece.
It has an annual calendar, triple split chronograph, alarm and on command lume. If it was mechanical you would be jerking all over it. You just hate it because it costs less than $20.
>>
>>18169048
I like shitters but man this is straight explorer ripoff.
>>
It's pasta time, apparently
>>
File: ideal watch face.jpg (198 KB, 603x881)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0352.jpg (1.58 MB, 2117x2823)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>18169048
Shitter time.
>>
>>18169058
Based.
>>
>THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO DON*T UNDERSTAND THE ROLEX GAME
Okay, for the last time:
1. You walk into an AD and say: One Submariner please, sign me up for the list.
2. You buy a clone (high quality) fake Sub
3. Rock your sub and get your intro into the watch
4. Sell off your clone to some schmuck as soon as you get the gen.
5. Enjoy your free Sub.
>>
>>18169062
>
they look nice, it's just that japan "people" make them, and they make anime and lolis so...yeah
>>
>>18169054
Uh...couldn't have said it better myself. I like the watch alot and need to get over my desire for the "genuine article" IE a real Rolex Explorer. MGSV spoilers: act like you're the guy you want to be and you can be the guy you want to be, even though you're "not".
This may be a copypasta
>>
>>18169009
So, unironically, what is the point of a mechanical watch in today's times?
It is objectively inferior to quartz.
>>
>FOUNDED IN THE 1700s (DEEP HERITAGE)
Blancpain, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet, Chaumet, Girard-Perregaux
>FOUNDED IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE 1800s (TRUE HERITAGE)
Baume & Mercier, Longines, Patek Philippe, A. Lange & Söhne, Czapek & Cie, Ulysse Nardin, Cartier, Omega
>FOUNDED IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE 1800s (HERITAGE)
Tissot, Chopard, Panerai, (TAG) Heuer, Zenith, IWC Schaffhausen, Piaget, Audemars Piguet, Seiko, Alpina, Breitling, Bvlgari, Edox, Carl F. Bucherer, Certina, Hamilton
>FOUNDED IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE 1900s (SOULLESS NU-WATCHES)
Everything else. Including Rolex.
>>
>>18169068
>why do fancy cars use hand stitching when the robot can do a better job?

Really dude? You just don't get it or you are being autistic?
>>
>>18169059
But do you have the cheap creaky grey plastic flooring that I do in the flipped and price-hiked bubble-home? I think not.

Cool watch tho, what's the brand?
>>
File: my-image.png (224 KB, 1140x651)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
Posting THE BEST chart.
Feel free to cope and seethe.
>>
>>18169069
>TIMEX
>Founded in 1854
If your watch is from a brand newer than this it is a SHITTER.
>>
File: cartier-pasha-grille.jpg (577 KB, 2000x1784)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0346.jpg (1.54 MB, 2823x2117)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>18169073
I am surprised you don't recognize the Seestern.
>>
>>18169058
Man that sushi looks fresh as fuck. You live over there?
>>
File: Lamy_orange.jpg (4 KB, 564x428)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>18169055
it has a few differences, no Mercedes hourhand, etc
>>
>>18169078
>Seestern

Ah, yes--the logo is unmistakable in that 8 point sans-serrif font. Never bought from them but I'm on their website now and they have some pretty legit clones/"homages"
>>
File: original3.jpg (131 KB, 810x1080)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Is Heron objectively superior to almost every other brand 10 times more expensive because they use hardened steel? And why other brands don't use it?
>>
>>18169068
The industry unironically asked itself this question in the 1970's. Many people (yes, with some encouragement from marketers) consider mechanical watches to have inherent artistic value and social cachet.
>>
Watch autists always seethe when they hear I almost exclusively value brand recognition in my purchase choices. A Rolex is always a Rolex and Dior is always Dior. Deal with it nerds.
One time I was out with a guy wearing a Lange one. Now what comments did he get? "That was looks old" "Yes it's quite pretty". Meanwhile ROLEX: "Ooooh is that a ROLEX" "Anon, your Rolex is so nice".
You can guess which guy got laid by a tight 20 something slut that night. Yes you are right, the Rolex guy did.
Fuckers.
>>
>>18169085
Okay I get this.
BUT
Why are shitters (PM 80, various Tissots, Midos, Certinas, Seiko 5 etc) so popular? Even in a higher price point it's almost exclusively machine made? How is that art?
>>
>>18169048
>>18169054
with a long island watch you can go anywhere you want
>>
File: ham.jpg (104 KB, 860x860)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>
>>18169053
>So what exactly makes the Co-Axial so bad?
The whole of point of co-axial is to reduce frictions to the point you don't need lubricant anymore.
Omega failed on that specific point since their escapement still needs oil so it doesn't break. They also had to slow down the frequency to 3.5 Hz. The final result is a weird movement that only Omega can service.

The general consensus about Omega's escapement is they had no good reasons to buy the patent to Daniels but they did it anyway for some reasons. Co-axial makes sense in high horology, but stainless steel industrial sports watches? That's just weird. It brings nothing to the table really. Are Omegas more accurate than other brands? No. Do they last longer? No.

It's the same with spring drive by the way. Innovation for the sake of innovation is pointless. Mechanical watches have been around for centuries and they work just fine. Trying to reinvent the wheel is autistic.
>>
>>18169089
>Midos, Certinas
>popular
Huh?
>>
>>18169044
Wash your hair you filthy faggot.
>>
>>18169084
whats that style of bezel called? it looks 3d, if that makes sense. Oris has some too. I like them
>>
Cop or not
>>
>>18169093
I like it but they cost a thousand bucks. cool watch though homie
>>
>>18169103
Eh, it's better than Shartier
>>
>>18169103
>seiko_quartz_ladies_dress_watch
I dunno anon, you tell me
>>
>>18169100
That pic is from April. I'm guessing he still hasn't bathed since then.
>>
>>18169107
Can I get an ID for this?
>>
>>18169102
I guess it's the 50 fathoms style.
>>
Honestly it was pretty ballsy of them to put the word "Seiko" in the Grand Seiko luxury brand
>>
>>18169107
GUYS NEW SPAM JUST DROPPED
>>
>>18169118
Look at the date in the picture. Whoretadello just spams the same ancient pictures over and over again to annoy the thread.
>>
Is this truly the worst /wt/?
>>
>>18169098
I have noticed Mido being pushed on reddit,and Certina in some lesser forums, I guess some youtuber made a "budget"/"value proposition" on the 1000€ range and then people parroted what they saw.
>>
File: 1720032694331187.jpg (233 KB, 1313x1827)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>18169115
Its not ballsy its retarded. Only the japanese are retarded enough to sell 8k$ watch and 100$ watch under the same brand.
>>
>>18169123
Wtf that's based
>>
>>18169121
This is about as bad as it's been in a long while.

Between Whoretadello and Finncel spamming and samefagging, they account for like 80% of the posts.
>>
>>18169126
Take your meds, bittercel.
I only see one Citizen post.
>>
>>18169119
>Whoretadello just spams the same ancient pictures over and over again to annoy the thread.

It's Friday night in Tokyo and he's right here. You'd be miserable and want to ruin something someone else enjoys as well.
>>
>>18169102
IDK, bubble bezel?
>>
>>18169107
>guys, the japanese make such amazing food
>giant stack of english muffins
>>
>Jaeger Lecoultre
They're trying so hard to make affordable high horology, which is embarrassing. The Reverso is borderline Reddit. Also Lenny Kravitz is their ambassador. Avoid.
>MB&F
People who wear these probably think talking very loud will make them sound interesting. Basically another brand for histrionic assholes
>Omega
Strong douchebag vibes, especially the Seamaster 300M and the Aqua Terra. The Speedmaster is alright though but the brand is ruining it with the whole Moonwatch thing
>Panerai
They make dive watches on leather straps, which is incredibly stupid. Some of them look kinda cool though
>Parmigiani Fleurier
They've made some of the most disgusting looking watches ever created but their current artistic director seems to have good taste. The Tonda PF looks quite good
>Patek Philippe
Thousands of disgusting watches but maybe 10 HIGHLY DESIRABLE watches that somehow make the brand still relevant today. The 3940 is possibly the best watch ever made
>Piaget
Used to make very sexy little watches with stone dials. Now they make ugly shitters for people who can't afford a Nautilus
>Ressence
Mechanical watches that look like Samsung smart watches. I have no idea who buy those
>Richard Mille
Casio for billionaires. Fun watches to wear at the Monaco Grand Prix. Poorfags hate the brand which make it highly desirable
>Tag Heuer
Same as Breitling but for slightly more retarded people. Their most iconic watch (the Monaco) is one of the ugliest shitters ever made
>Tudor
They're fine until you hit 35. After that just get a Rolex or women will make fun of you
>Vacheron Constantin
People like the brand because the name sounds cool and the logo is nice, but they haven't made a single good watch in 300 years of existence
>Zenith
The only reason this brand still exists is because Rolex bought them some movements 40 years ago
>>
>>18169127
That's based and non nudity (abides by the rules) pilled.
Cheers m8.
>>
>>18169125
If you own the 100$ watch that is. It just destroys the reason to buy the 8 grand one because the only people who want their expensive watch look cheap as fuck are corrupt politicians and thieves of other kind.
>>
How about you fags stop giving him attention? You've been giving him free (You)s for months now, no wonder he keeps spamming his shit.

Post pictures of watches and start discussing watches instead of complaining.
>>
>>18169048
I have a brown leather strap I sometimes use on it. I also have a bunch of fitted curved end rubber straps in different colors that fit perfectly. But I usually have it on the jubilee bracelet.
>>
>>18169136
Fuck off Bittercel. You're literally no better than Whoretadello. Both of you deserve to swing.
>>
>>18169136
>start discussing watches instead of complaining.
Answer this then, faggot:
>>18169053
>>
My shitelton khaki field couldn’t withstand my wife’s boyfriend making her fucking squirt on it should I fucking kill myself?!
>>
>>18169133
Hehe I wrote this months ago.
Wouldn't change a thing. I really am the best poster in these threads. You don't deserve me.
>>
File: omegadrunk.png (93 KB, 1383x787)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
I miss him bros..
>>
>>18169106
What if I change the bracelet?
>>
>>18169141
>Answer this then, faggot
All those statements were ignorant bait and not worthy of a response.
>>
>>18169141
I FUCKING DID IT RIGHT THERE YOU HOMO >>18169097
>>
>>18169143
Thank you.

Why does this thread hate bittercel so much? He is unironically the best poster we have ever had. Here's my reasons:

bittercel is always brutally honest. He is like water, he will find a crack in your watch and pour in from there. He is the criticism we need. You never get that in watchuseek or reddit, you only get an echo chamber of “nice watch, wear it in good health, champ” bullshit. Not with bittercel, he does not care for your feelings which is why he will tell you the truth. Yes, your watch is too big for you, yes it’s a shitter, yes the lugs look like shit, yes the movement is crap. You, as a critically thinking individual, should embrace this.

We are all protected by anonymity here which is the point of this site. Avatarfags are pathetic going against this. Take reversocel for example; he couldn’t handle a bit of heat from bittercel and immediately fucked off to r/watches as soon as someone wasn’t sucking his cock over his shitters and pens lmfao.

Yes, bittercel may seem bitter at first, but he is the counter force to all this circle-jerking in here. He is harsh but fair. You hold the fact he never posts a watch against him, but that is merely him not taking a side. He is not a brain-dead fanboy to brands (other than Rolex, but Rolex is Rolex). This way he maintains his unbiased position.

And the best part of bittercel? He is always there for you, right here, in this thread.
>>
>>18169147
>What if I change the bracelet?
That won't stop it from being a ladies watch.
>>
>>18169149
Ye but that's just seethe famalam, need real arguments and horological discussion u know bruh
>>
>>18169145
Do you have the original with "the virgin Bittercel"? I mean, it's pretty obvious who the watchlet is supposed to be.
>>
>>18169155
nta but that's the original image (that omegadrunk saved with the name me.png)
>>
>>18169133
You wrote all this just to say you like Rolex?
>>
>>18169089
>>18169122
Mido have some nice release though
>>
File: IMG_349457.jpg (2.43 MB, 3024x4032)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
What's going on in this thread?
>>
>>18169089
I guess mechanical watches get some of the artistic value and social cachet even when they're cheap and a relatively large fraction of the production is automated. They still invoke old traditions of class and craftsmanship in a way that an utterly modern and utilitarian Casio F-91W doesn't.
>>
>>18169162
Bittercel had a meltdown and started spamming.
>>
>>18169162
>ahnald and sun
Does anybody actually buy their watches?
>>
>>18169089
>>18169122
Certina as well
>>
>>18169162
general awfulness
>>
>>18169097
I've been looking more into omegas lately because my girlfriend is trying to drive me more toward omega than rolex but the more I learn the more I have hesitations. The beat rate is one of them, the weird 3.5hz beatrate made me think they either pulled a powermatic 80 to try to get a little more power reserve and still fall short of Rolex and other competitors, or they have to make it run slower to keep from grenading and added power reserve is one of the things they use to help cope.

One of the other things that holds me back is their hands and applied markers. Next to tudor they probably have some of the ugliest hands and markers I've ever seen. But at least unlike tudor they use different hands on different models.
>>
>>18169165
Bittercel is Whoretadello? In hindsight, that makes so much sense!
>>
>>18169173
>my girlfriend is trying to drive me more toward omega than rolex
Your girlfriend sounds like she's brain damaged.
>>
>>18169179
Ew no. I'd like to continue to have a real girlfriend in the future, not wear a weeb watch and be forced to hire a hooker every time I want to get it wet.
>>
File: Lamy_Orange_Info.jpg (99 KB, 1179x1992)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>18169164
It's the color of the "Lamy Safari Origin First Terra Red". Went to pains to find the HEX codes etc. and now I have it everywhere I can. Could probably request it using the below info but a one-off strap would cost more than most of the watches I own.
>>
>>18169184
Strong red > meh orange
>>
>>18169156
>THE SACRED SIX is a communion of the finest, best watches for all humankind. No lesser beings can acquire, or even dream of obtaining such watches. Watches like Seiko, Casio, Timex, and Orient are a completely foreign concept to THE SACRED SIX, and are heretical watches. The SACRED SIX will purge such disgusting heretical watches from the universe, and bring about a better time.
My sides.
>>
File: yacht-master 2.jpg (221 KB, 1825x2038)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
You will never own a steel and rose gold Rolex Yacht-Master II.
>>
>>18169179
Grand seikos are overpriced and there's nothing inspired about their design. They're just generic high polish slop.
>>
>>18169195
Thank Buddha
>>
>>18169195
And why would i? I don't even own a boat. Maybe I could use it to time 10 minutes for my kid's time-out?
>>
>>18169196
>there's nothing inspired about their design.

I'm sorry but you're wrong there. Look closer at the texture of the Sugimugikotomoto dial and you'll feel how it's inspired by the small amount of rust on the lower edge of the dumpster behind a 7-11. How marking the passage of time via the hands is matched by marking the passage of time of a rotting dumpster.
>>
>>18169133
Holy fuck, this is the worst post on a wt in like 6 months. Congratulations.
>>
>>18169176
>if he buys the cheaper watch he has money for me

The eternal woman
>>
>>18169205
Kid, take a rolex, cut random chamfers in it and overpolish it. You now have a grand seiko. Repeat every fiscal quarter with a new dial color. That's the brand.
>>
Imagine choosing to live in Japan. Grim.
>>
File: file.jpg (403 KB, 860x1369)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
perfection
>>
>>18169213
>I cannot detect sarcasm
>>
I want Orient Ray with no day date complication
>>
>>18169220
Shitter.
Where is the power reserve indicator (which should be present in all automatic watches)?
>>
>>18169227
It's that hand on the side.
>>
>>18169228
Oh okay, I like it then. You don't really need a scale for the reserve there, or for time generally since it accurate time matters only to the poors.
>>
>>18169230
I bow
>>
>>18169220
What is that cuck hand for?
>>
>>18169224
So you want a black bay.
>>
>>18169238
>What is that cuck hand for?
The little arrow shaped hand? That's the calendar. Currently pointing at June.
>>
>>18169223
I can but I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>18169241
This has to be a joke.
>>
>>18169244
Well, it IS a Moser. Jokes are part of their thing.
>>
>>18169230
>accurate time matters only to the poors
$100,000 to the first company that produces a COSC-certified watch made of precious metal that displays only "AM" or "PM"
>>
>>18169248
>COSC-certified watch made of precious metal that displays only "AM" or "PM"
Can't. It needs to have a minute, hour and second hand.
That's why the Panerai 111 could get a COSC certification and the 112 could not, despite being otherwise identical.
>>
File: anya-becky.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
dubs decide what my next watch is.
Budget: 5k€.
>>
File: 00.jpg (180 KB, 1272x718)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>
>>18169254
250 pieces of f-91w
>>
>>18169258
Wish this anon got dubs
Damn
>>
>>18169254
Literally 500 VaVaVooms
>>
>>18169254
ROLEX
>>
>>18169260
Are you sure about that? I got one better.
>>18169254
One thousand units of SKMEI LIEBIG L1031 Luxury Gold stainless steel 2024 Water Resistant montre de luxe homme original Men watch orologio uomo
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Watch-SKMEI-LIEBIG-L1031-Luxury-Gold_11000006116620.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.p_offer.d_title.27b214d4y74oTe&s=p
>>
>>18169254
THE TUDOR
Blackshield
>>
>>18169013
>R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X
FUCK THIS CRINGE NIGGER BULLSHIT
>>
>>18169252
What a pain. But surely they can send a BMW and case of good Burgundy to the right employee to make it happen.
>>
>>18169254
250 all white F-91Ws
>>
>>18169254
Any Glashutte pocket watch.
>>
>>18169254
Invicta Reserve Hercules
>>
>>18169027
宿題の時間. damn, are you actually learning?
>>
>>18169254
NOMOS
>>
>>18169254
Rolex DJ (vintage)
>>
>>18169277
waste of dubs
>>
>>18169254
As many Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to Uranus as you can get with 5k
>>
File: j5vxq3.png (892 KB, 1080x1080)
892 KB
892 KB PNG
>>18169254
>>
>>18169254
One thousand units of SKMEI LIEBIG L1031 Luxury Gold stainless steel 2024 Water Resistant montre de luxe homme original Men watch orologio uomo
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Watch-SKMEI-LIEBIG-L1031-Luxury-Gold_11000006116620.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.p_offer.d_title.27b214d4y74oTe&s=p
>>
>>18169254
Franck Muller
>>
File: laco55r.jpg (1.34 MB, 3017x2013)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>18169254
Laco Type-A 55mm
>>
>>18169254
casio f91-w
>>
>>18169254
Flip a coin:
Heads: SLGA009
Tails: Two (2) pieces AQ4080-52A
>>
>>18169254
rolex
>>
>>18169254
Tudor BBC
>>
>>18169254
Casio MRG B5000D
>>
File: h3cygrejypl01.jpg (121 KB, 1091x972)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>18169254
vintage Invicta
>>
>>18169248
Just go all in and make a cosc-certified calendar watch. Just the calendar, no time. Bonus points if it's a perpetual calendar.
>>
>>18169268
>One thousand units of SKMEI LIEBIG L1031 Luxury Gold stainless steel 2024 Water Resistant montre de luxe homme original Men watch orologio uomo
KEK

>>18169254
Grand Seiko 9f anniversary with the see-through caseback.
>>
>>18169254
Weekdater.
>>
>>18169280
sorry I hadn't scrolled down that far yet
>>
>>18169298
Make it a perpetual calendar where the day and date is on the caseback side (knowing the day and date all day every day is for the poors).
>>
>>18169296
The red one?
>>
>>18169300
holy based
>>
>>18169299
>>18169300
Damn, i thought i got it.
>>
>>18169133
There is some truth in this, but it's extremely cringe and childish to write all that only to say you like Rolex (which is also cringe and childish, since Rolex is normie-tier and most of their models can give eye cancer to an individual with taste).
>>
>>18169126
I agree and they made wt /fa/ a complete shit, jannies and mods are fucking retards
>>
>>18169299
>>18169254
There you go. Make sure to post timestamped pics next week.
https://www.chrono24.de/grandseiko/grand-seiko-heritage-collection-44gs-55th-anniversary-limited-edition-2000st---full-set--id33272823.htm
>>
>>18169160
>>18169306
>anon didn't even mention Rolex
>"REEEEEEEE YOU'RE JUST A ROLEXFAG"
>>
>>18169027
Spamming the same pics over and over and over
>>
>>18169310
It's obvious
>>
>>18169311
>image posted only once
>>
>>18169310
Maybe you should read the post again
>>
Thread had been up for 2 hours
>200 posts
What the fuck is this. Most of these are just shit posts.
>>
>>18169310
It is mentioned, under Tudor
>>
>>18169315
Correct
>>
>>18169316
Best post I've seen here, you really missed out anon
>>
I'm wearing an ultra luxury wrist watch right now
>>
>>18169324
Are we supposed to guess or something? What is this cool watch?
>>
>>18169316
Someone posted their Patek Grandmaster Chime but forgot to blur out the serial. It was very beautiful, best watch I've ever seen.
>>
>>18169313
Stop lying dude
>>
>>18169326
Yes, it was an amazing post, BUT:
>it was probably his rich uncle's or something
>they don't even look that good, too lumpy and gaudy
>>
>>18169331
kys
https://warosu.org/fa/image/186UDqvptSAEn5f9VC9P6A
>>
>>18169338
>posting a non reliable archive

What about the rest? Spammer retard
>>
>>18169240
Yes, but I want to pay Orient money
>>
File: 20240119.jpg (857 KB, 2925x1925)
857 KB
857 KB JPG
>>18169135
There and back again
>>
>>18169315
friday is shitposting day
>>
I was saving up for a Tudor Black Bay 54 or 58 (I haven’t decided for sure, my wrist size is 16,5 cm), but the Seiko SPB453 released, and now I’m thinking: why the hell do I need Tudor?
Opinions?
>>
>>18169365
Yeah, the Seiko looks fine and is much cheaper. The Black Bay is slightly thinner, has a bit more color and accent, and — I'm guessing — has a significantly better bracelet. Probably better finishing too. One might look better than the other in person too.
>>
>>18169365
Your wrist would fit either the 58 or 54 equally well. The 54 is the more refined piece of the two.

As for the difference between the Tudor and the Seiko. The Tudor will be better made and better finished. Will be more accurate. Will have a much, much better bracelet and clasp. Doesn't have that awful 4:30 date.
But of course, it's up to you do decide if the Tudor is worth five times the cost of the Seiko.
>>
>>18169391
>But of course, it's up to you do decide if the Tudor is worth five times the cost of the Seiko.

The Seiko is 1300 USD
The Tudor BB54 is 3900USD
>>
>>18169391
>Doesn't have that awful 4:30 date.
I agree, but to be fair, the date window is nicely unobtrusive his picrel. It looks better (less bad) than other Seikos I've seen and own.
>>
Being young means being fascinated by mechanical watches.
Growing up is realizing that quartz is the better choice.
>>
>>18169394
It's certainly not the worst thing about the watch, but it's something to consider.

IMO, though, it's that bracelet; it would be a bummer in a watch that costs $650. On a $1,300 piece, it's completely unacceptable.
>>
>>18169365
>>18169401
To me it's the movement. My 6R movements suck (15, 20 seconds a day) and I wouldn't be too happy paying 1300 for one. I've never had a tudor but I assume they're pretty accurate.
>>
>>18169404
>I've never had a tudor but I assume they're pretty accurate.
They're chronometer rated, so that's something.
I've had two Tudors and they were both within 2 sec/day. The only problem I ever had with their movements was the GMT. It was one of the early ones that had the datewheel issue but it was repaired under warranty.
>>
>>18169342
That's a beautiful watch anon.
>>
>it's Friday
>No Hamilton drunk post
Is our guy okay?
>>
File: IMG_1260.jpg (912 KB, 3326x994)
912 KB
912 KB JPG
Considering selling the DJ and the sub and upgrading to a solid gold day date with a champagne dial. I can never remember what day it is and I love the watch, legibility be damned. The explorer is my go-to camping/hiking/shooting/every day watch, the DJ is my work watch, and the sub goes unworn. The GMT would be a better work watch for me (pilotfag) but the pepsi is unobtanium at msrp.
>>
>>18169424
DD and ExpII maybe? That way you still have GMT functionality?
>>
File: IMG_1221.png (2.04 MB, 1125x2436)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>18169429
Not a bad suggestion. I think I’d have to see it in person because I’m not a huge fan of how it looks online.
Pic rel and pepsi gmt on oyster would be a God tier combo to me.
>>
>>18169424
Why don't you get a nice seiko or gshock?
>>
File: IMG_0405.jpg (2.21 MB, 4031x2936)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>18169434
I have a G-Shock. I prefer mechanical watches digital watches have their place. Couple Omegas (SMP/Speedy) too that I haven't worn since buying Rolex. Not a big fan of Omega, my only watch regrets.
>>
>>18169433
>I think I’d have to see it in person because I’m not a huge fan of how it looks online.
The Explorer II is a bigger watch than it used to be, but if you can pull of a Sub, you can wear the Explorer II.

Personally, I love the old aluminum Pepsi bezels, but I hate the washed-out, muted colors of the ceramic Pepsi. If I were to get a ceramic bezel GMT, it would be the all-black one.
>>
>>18169195
After this and the Sky-Dweller being flops, Rolex will never innovate on a complication again
Get ready for a future of more giant PM bricks like the solid gold Deepsea
I would buy the shit out of a Rolex perpetual calendar
>>
>>18169074
Hilarious
>>
>>18169454
The Sky-Dweller flopped? Thats disappointing because it looks awesome
>>
>>18169473
>The Sky-Dweller flopped? Thats disappointing because it looks awesome
I'm not sure it's a flop. It's not a super-hype model, but it's still hard to get at ADs. It's probably more down to the fact that it's a low volume model.
But some people just need it to be a flop to bolster their own narrative.
>>
Why have so many posts been deleted?
>>
>>18169098
>>18169122
Certina make the best dive watch under $1000.
>>
File: Sinn T50.jpg (279 KB, 1536x1024)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
I don't like the appearance of this thing at all
>>
>>18169487
Worse yet, there seems to be an issue on the T50s with the bezel screws coming out on their own. Multiple people have posted about it on watchuseek.
>>
File: 1711983372878465.jpg (67 KB, 768x576)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>18169487
Forgot to say, I also don't really get the "we need to make a special dial, so let's just scratch it a lot" thing. Somehow seems very german.
>>
>>18169487
>>18169495
>>18169497
Sinn is so underwhelming.
>>
>>18169474
I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be a hot model, it's gigantic and loaded up with a bunch of shit most people aren't going to need. Huge conplicated overpriced watches don't tend to be good sellers. They were hard to get as they were first trickling into stores but after a while they almost started using them as the "hey, I'll just offer this to everyone who's waiting on a pepsi and they'll buy it because of the implication that the pepsi might materialize."
>>
>>18169475
If someone gets banned, all their posts get deleted.
>>
>>18169133
>>18169143
What about Cartier?
>>
>>18169555
He might return on a different IP
>>
>>18169555
Whoretadello was banned. That should tell you how much he shits up this thread.
>>
File: satisfied manlet.jpg (33 KB, 400x300)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>see video on surprisingly well-finished Chinese shitter
>about to impulse buy it, justify it as a summer beach beater
>remember I'm saving for a Tudor or even an Explorer if I can find one on a deal
>close the Ali tab and feel good about myself for once
I think my ADHD meds are actually working. You guys better not call a Tudor a cope though, I'm just a wristlet which is why I like the Black Bay 54 and 36.
>>
>>18169563
Bb54 is genuinely a better watch than bb58. It has better proportions and the crown looks like it actually belongs on the watch.
>>
>>18169560
I'm sure he's already posting now.
>>
File: tudorranger.jpg (1.16 MB, 2200x1467)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
Opinions on the most recent Tudor Rangers?
>>
>>18169569
Looks cheap, doesn't have the charm of the 1016
>>
>>18169569
I can dig it, 39mm which is a good size too.
>>
>>18169569
dogshit cope
>>
>>18169563
>Explorer if I can find one on a deal
Countless people are waiting to jump on a good deal for an Explorer
>>
>>18169569
swing and a miss
>>
>>18169569
Ugly hands, ugly printed dial.
>>
>>18169563
If you need to save up for a watch you shouldn't buy it, it's out of your league.
>>
>>18169573
>doesn't have the charm of the 1016
Yeah, agreed.
>>18169601
The shape of the hour hand bothers me.
>>
File: e414k1.jpg (78 KB, 753x753)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>18169009
>FUCK MODERN SHITTERS edition.
>>
File: ehuron3.jpg (92 KB, 768x768)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>18169606
>>
File: wshert3.jpg (83 KB, 768x768)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>18169607
>>
File: 1720242630662.jpg (54 KB, 652x400)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Recommend something around $50 that is simply for fashion where I wear beige and blue colors for office use.
>>
File: escape1.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>18169610
Chinkwatch
>>
>>18169611
I hate how they call vh31 sweeping quartz because it just isn't.
>>
>>18169614
What are you expecting, Spring Drive? It's under a hundred bucks and it ticks more than once a second, that's a sweep.
>>
>>18169614
What is it?
>>
>>18169013
I don't really like the || so no.
>>
isn't it funny a certain youtube marketer is a wristlet and ONLY likes dive watches? to me it's funny
>>
>>18169636
Op34 if you're a wristlet
>>
>>18169254
forget the dubs get that big orient retro diver
>>
>>18169639
Do people with disabilities amuse you?
>>
>>18169639
That bald limey?
>>
File: 1720246158172.jpg (82 KB, 1000x500)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>18169606
>>18169607
>>18169608
would. here's my tetanus timer
>>
>>18169646
the tennis coach
>>
>>18169649
Are you sure it's not the little Italian twink that wears panerai now?
>>
>>18169084
I’m a machinist and it’s super annoying to work with especially within the tolerances required for watch making. Constantly wearing down or breaking tools then having to re dial them in is super annoying and expensive. I hate working with hardened steel so much
>>
>>18169655
Oh hey i am now in training to become cnc machinist, where do you life and how much you make?
>>
>>18169655
I doubt major brands don't do it just because it's a bit more difficult to work with.
>>
>>18169563
Good on you mate. Don’t buy chink trash despite what bitter anons here tell you its not just as good
>>
>>18169084
the lugs and bracelet ruin it
>>
>>18169665
But the bracelet is beautiful. And what's wrong with the lugs?
>>
>>18169089
It's what hipsters moved to after vinyl stopped being cool
>>
>>18169655
Doesn't 904l stainless steel have a lot of the same issues?
>>
>Just copped the Copernic I've been eyeing
What are some other neat old watches with a cool story I can pick up for cheap? I'd love a Seagull 1963, but I'd want a 1960s-production one and I'm guessing it would cost thousands considering decent quality reproductions are $3-400.
>>
>>18169563
I was on the same page as you, wristlet,although bought a black bay 58 because I already purchased a nice small diver (san martin 62mas homage).
>>18169564
For some reason I did not like a lot bb54,rather small,no red triangle,bezel a bit simple,and my autism can't stand the bezel numbers not having the same colour as the hands,bb58 felt more uniform as everything has the same colour.
>>
>>18169668
Not him but the rounded/convex bezel doesn't fully integrate with the overall straight, sharp edged lug design plus combined with the straight lines of the bracelet. The soft and hard design elements try to overpower each other in some way, just my take.
>>
>>18169103
cop
>>
>>18169293
Actually based
>>
>first 2 hours
>200 posts
>Next 12 hours
>30 post
how
>>
>>18169703
It was night for the eu-shitposters.
t. eu shitposter
>>
>>18169703
a lot of posts got deleted
>>
>>18169569
I love the steel finishing, the rest is meh or below meh.
>>
>>18169703
Finncel and Whoretadello went to bed.
Possibly together.
>>
>>18169703
Two or three retards constantly shitpost in this general. They're obsessed and they have no life.
>>
Breguet bros, our response...?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004693282749.html
>>
File: DSC04206-1.jpg (871 KB, 960x1200)
871 KB
871 KB JPG
I love the Rolex Explorer so much. Literally the perfect watch.
>>
>>18169729
The regular oyster perpetual would be if it cost half as much.
>>
>>18169726
>Chinese knock-off still better than authentic Gay Sexko.
No surprises there
>>
>>18169729
>R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X R O L E X
>"perfect"
>>
>>18169731
Also if it was possible to get your favorite color without cucking your wife to the dealers and/or paying outrageous premiums. I don't understand why they don't just make them in like 8 different colors in decent numbers year roind and sell them for like $5k or so, they'd make a killing and people could wear a watch that's their favorite color without the bullshit.
>>
>>18169224
This is fucking disgusting and fuck the chinks that decided to only produce male jubilee endlinks now.
>>
>>18169737
But they do make them in decent numbers, rolex report production in million pieces every year. A fucking million.
>>
>>18169737
>why doesn't Rolex become Omega?
Because Rolex' business model is rock solid.
>>
>>18169563
>saving up for a Tudor
Don't be a retard, buy the shitter, or buy a rep.
>>
>>18169755
t. seething poorfag desperately trying to get everyone down on his shitty level instead of working on himself
>>
File: time.jpg (2.76 MB, 3081x4300)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
Kofe time.
>>
>>18169757
>working on himself
Buying things isn't 'working on yourself'. He doesn't need therapy, he doesn't need spirituality, he needs a higher income. Luckily he can have a close to indistinguishable watch and the money right now. If has more money later he can decide whether to get the gen.

Saving up for a watch is dumb, justify it.
>>
>>18169764
Finally, the day can start now.
>>
>>18169741
I'm not saying necessarily let people ask for and walk out with whatever color they want, but they only produce 4 dial colors at a time and it's almost impossible to get anything but the silver dial. There should just be more colors and make them a little more available for people who just want a fucking watch. It's comically absurd that tiffany blue was going for more than pepsis and daytonas for a time. Just make more watches more available for people like
>I just want a purple watch, bruh.
>>
>>18169757
He's right, aspiring to buy a Tudor is literary aspiring to buy an official Rolex rep
>>
Any recs for a good field watch or is Hamilton the only one?
>>
>>18169781
>Hamilton
Lol what?
Get a DW-5600 or MTP-S120L
>>
>>18169785
Sorry, i'm not a virgin.
>>
>>18169787
Ah you're a faggot.
Ye, just go with the hamilton.
>>
>>18169655
Just use hardened tools?
>>
File: 1720263351268.jpg (3.21 MB, 2624x2700)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
>>18169569
San Martin did it better
>>
>>18169818
It still has the buttplug hour hand.
>>
File: 1719755543666690.png (266 KB, 464x487)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>18169818
With Rolex and Tudor to a smaller extent you can say yes my watch looks like shit but at least its accurate. With the chinese you can say, yes my watch looks like shit but at least what? It looks like expensive watch that looks like shit?
>>
>>18169781
>Any recs for a good field watch or is Hamilton the only one?

The hand-winding Hamilton Khaki is the closest to the classic field watch style. As a classification, though, "field watch" is about as murky as it gets. There's a lot of overlap with other styles.
>>
>>18169831
The khaki could be a perfect dress watch if they just put a different dial and finish on it.
>>
File: il_1588xN.4370085057_4vkk.jpg (221 KB, 1588x1588)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>
File: il_1588xN.5191992011_gcw2.jpg (416 KB, 1588x1058)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>
>>18169847
>The khaki could be a perfect dress watch if it was a different watch.
>>
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (90 KB, 1056x1600)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
if Tudor brought this back they would make one million dollars
>>
Does Tudor have any watches with golden hands?
>>
>>18169854
But not that much different. I was just saying it goes to show how little it takes to totally change the feel and purpose of a watch - just polish the case and print sticks or roman numerals on and suddenly we're in a totally opposite genre.
>>
>>18169766
>>Buying things isn't 'working on yourself'.
lmfao poor loser
>>
>>18169856
What time is it?
>>
File: IMG_20240427_174714.jpg (2.18 MB, 1792x4160)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>18169884
Cleaning time
>>
NEW
NEW
NEW
>>18169902
>>18169902
>>18169902
>>
File: IMG_20240706_141923_416.jpg (3.51 MB, 3504x3504)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB JPG
Gave my antique store pulsar a clean yesterday (along with the nato) and I think it's come up pretty clean. Going to be showing my wife how to strip down her Snoopy Timex in a few days because it's a bit rank at the minute and she wants to do it herself.
>>
>>18169865
they already did
>>
>>18169910
based G10, very nice condition too
>>
File: PXL_20240706_140651626.jpg (1.94 MB, 4032x3024)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
bros I really enjoy my skmei watches

I don't care if I'm a tasteless pleb, for $5 a piece I get to have a feel for a bunch of different watch sizes and have fun all of them.

Also their dw5600 clone is surprisingly good.
>>
NEW THREAD (Whoratedello free)
>>18169950
>>18169950
>>18169950
>>18169950
>>18169950
>>
>>18169952
>NEW THREAD (Whoratedello free)
No thread will ever be free of Whoretadello, Bittercel. /wt/ stands for Whoretadello's Thread.
>>
>>18169975
You just keep samefagging in your own thread faggot, nobody likes you.
>>
File: 1720278446510.jpg (77 KB, 800x534)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>18169937
good backlight for 3 fiddy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.