[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fat duck.jpg (76 KB, 1242x1233)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>Who is /fat/ for?
For the Goyslop Guzzlers who are working towards a longer life and a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: https://www.fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read https://physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: https://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: https://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 0.72g per pound of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the /fit/ sticky: https://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, Starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gynecomastia & stretch marks: https://weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit Wiki: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq
>>
Previous thread
>>74746165
>>
im so drunk i dont even care about the calories but i chewed and spat stuff lolololklkl ill purge 100 cals of food but adore 400 cal cocktail
>>
File: 1458986288754.gif (2.5 MB, 300x160)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB GIF
>>74751668
Nice duck
>>
I'm not even hungry. I just want to eat and drink for fun to end the weekend
>>
File: GQAFUTHXYAAPU-k.jpg (50 KB, 819x807)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
i'm too hungry to go to bed
>>
Went to the gym for the first time, I'm so fucking weak. I can't bench my bodyweight. I did manage 140kg squat was cool when I think about the numbers.
>>
>doing shoulder presses, normal and hammer curls, goblet squats, bent-over rows, shrugs, etc for a month or so now
>shirts feel tighter despite continuing to lose lots of weight
is it happening?
>>
File: 1670807471392745.jpg (66 KB, 700x693)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>have a ton of freezerburned meet sitting in the back of my freezer that I havent eaten in 2+ years
Gonna do carnivore (or at least low carb high protein) for a month to get rid of it and restock. I need to learn how to cook meat properly.
>>
Fatty Contest
BlemspecOwl
>>
>set daily caloric intake to basal metabolic rate, and round down to the next hundred to account for counting errors/genetic variance
This is such a comfy goal, because it basically means any movement you do, anything more energetic than sleeping, even just thinking hard, is positive progress toward weight loss.
>>
File: 1665855343091922.png (471 KB, 689x667)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>74751668
>being me
>less than 30 years old
>more than 9 weeks ago, i got an anxiety/panic attack
>however, i didnt knew, i thought it was a heart one, because i was close to the 300 lbs
>doctors told me that my heart is ok, my mind, not so much
>since then, i started my journey
>i lost 15kls (33 lbs)
>only one problem
>the more i reduce my anxiety, the more i crave eating like a pig, because it was my anxiety, fear, what made me start exercising everyday and avoid greasy/sweet foods
some advice to continue my discipline? also, we should talk more about mental health, i mean, every week there are at least 2 threads about insomnia in this board
>>
>>74752001
Being 300lbs is not healthy and you probably look like shit, keep eating less to be healthy and not look like shit. What more motivation do you need.
>>
>>74752001
yeah.. the links between mental health and obesity are many and strong.
fear can be a powerful short term motivator, but it's pretty bad to rely on it for the long run. you gotta transition to something else, somehow. you can't be constantly swimming in cortisol just to function. well, you can, but you shouldn't.
your food cravings probably come from some other mental factor, and if you're able, working with a psychiatrist and/or therapist could be helpful.
but in the meanwhile, there are a few tropes we repeat around here because they usually help:
- go for a high-protein diet, it'll make you feel fuller longer
- limit carbs so you don't trigger an insulin response that'll make you feel hungry.
- look into ozempic/glp-1 and related products. they're weirdly effective at regulating hunger.
>>
>the tunnel vision and dizziness upon standing up is back
What dietarily can help this?
>>
>>74751744
>just want to eat and drink for fun to end the weekend
I have the same temptation. Ate 1/3 grilled chicken breast, a salad, some cottage cheese and a little beef jerkey. I still want to go out and get a 6 pack and a pizza...
Can't be doing that though.
>>
>>74752045
More iron in your diet.
>>
>>74752045
Some supplements maybe. Vitamin D-3, B-12, CoQ10, maybe iron if what you have is really anemia.
Buy a home blood pressure cuff so you can start tracking what your blood pressure looks like over time. If you tend to have low blood pressure at your baseline, you should mention that to a doctor.
You should probably tell them about your orthostatic hypotension anyway, they might have some better ideas than us.
>>
>>74752054
Meh, I just finished booking all my accommodations for my Japan trip so I figured I should polish off the last two of these Japanese seltzers I had. Haven't started snacking on anything though but I am tempted to maybe grill up some Korean marinated pork I have in the fridge
>>
dead general, I guess we all finally hit our goals
>>
>>74752045
Sounds like low blood pressure
But who knows
>>
>>74752145
Sunday night we sleepy boys
>>
>>74752145
I'm just trying to not think about food I'm 30 hours into my 48 hour fast
>>
>>74752137
>accommodations for my Japan trip
Sounds fun, when are you going? I went shooting w/ my obese friend earlier today. He commented on my weight loss, I didn't comment on his weight at all...
>>
>>74752297
August 31st is when I should be landing
Also ended up frying that pork belly along with some egg. Had some kimchi as well. Very nice when you're a little tipsy
Geeze I feel bottomless when I've had a couple in me. I cannot wait to dump money at an izakaya
>>
>>74752306
>I feel bottomless when I've had a couple in me
Yeah booze does that, another reason it's horrible for weight loss in addition to being empty calories. Safe travels on your trip though, I've always wanted to visit Japan but just for the vending machines haha. I'm not big on Anime (I like good sci-fi so I've seen a handful of sci-fi ones), but Japanese vending machines fascinate me for some reason.
>>
File: fettbernd_marathon.jpg (2.05 MB, 4199x4189)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
Threadly reminder that WAGMI
>>
>>74752327
Thank you anon. If you get the chance I couldn’t recommend visiting Japan more. Even if you’re not into anime the country has so much to offer—though having prior knowledge on what that is exactly helps immensely
>>
>>74752145
most people here are still in denial about the efficacy of semaglutides and are trying to whiteknuckle their weight loss. meanwhile a lot of these people are in their 20s, and are wasting precious years being obese, some are even morbidly obese because they are being contrarian
>>
>premade grocery store meal says 1 bowl is 363 grams
>get curious and put bowl on food scale
>625 grams
Why?
>>74752337
WAGMI
>>
File: file.png (720 KB, 750x600)
720 KB
720 KB PNG
I have created enough space in my room to lay out this yoga mat that I bought 2 weeks ago.
What are your favorite workout routines that can be done on this mat?
need suggestions for stuff beyond sit-ups and pushups that can work in place of lifting since I dont have access to weights.
>>
I bumped into a demoralizing blog post (see picrel), and so now you get to read my thoughts about it.

Welp, that was me on the left. 225lbs, BMI right at the obese range, no muscle to speak of.
Fortunately, I'm turning my life around, and now at 195lbs I'm fast approaching the picture on the right. Not done getting skinnier, but already much healthier. And also apparently, somehow considerably less attractive to the fairer sex.

Which I something I instinctively knew already, and tried to fight against by leaning into my strength training, even going as far as mildly sabotaging my diet by going a few hundred calories over my daily limit to lower my deficit and give myself time to gain lean mass.

But of course, it's not working. I continue to lose weight at a near constant pace, and there is not a single clue to be found that I'm gaining any muscle. And since I'm a stubborn idiot, I'm refusing to quit this uglifying weight loss effort. Not until I touch 185lbs, and then I'll work to recomp on a mild calorie surplus, probably carb cycling, and I'll find out if that's something my body's into.
>>
>>74752567
>believing women ever
But to be truthful, women are generally not attracted to someone who looks weak unless they're very young, which is what you'll look like in clothes when you have very little muscle and fat.
>>
File: 1544115371742.png (820 KB, 640x640)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
Thread is on autosage?
>>
>>74752705
really?
>>
File: skinny-fat-blank.jpg (12 KB, 600x369)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>74752567
it really depends, anon. in the first place, she's comparing two drawings. i wouldn't even say left guy looks skinnyfat. skinnyfat guys look like they have tits and there's zero definition anywhere.
>>
>>74752705
it is, what the fuck.
>>
>>74751904
You gaining muscle? Yes.
>>
>>74752705
test
>>
Somebody less lazy than me really ought to start a new /fat/ general since this one is not long for this world.
>>
File: 20240722_003033.jpg (3.71 MB, 2880x2880)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB JPG
goodbye junk food see you next bulk
hello ultra processed low cal high protein snacks
>>
File: 1617185234604.jpg (81 KB, 719x687)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Fatty Contest
PeakedIn2010
100.2kg
>>
why is this thread not bumping, we're on page 10
>>
>>74752866
No nuns no bump
>>
>>74752879
>>74752879
>>74752879
>>74752879
>>74752879
new thread (clone of this one)
>>
>>74752567
left isnt skinny fat lol, he has muscle. i get more compliments when im midway through a bulk and feel way better mentally. ideal is 12-18% body fat with good muscle most of the year and only get thinner for vacation and to make room for more gains.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.