[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4m19jr.jpg (66 KB, 500x626)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
technoob edition
previous thread:>>101116132
>>
File: 1704263730160376.png (210 KB, 828x1792)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>
my phone app no longer pass on the voice it gets from my mic, how do i fix it?
>>
how do you go about disabling lazy loading in firefox these days

i know about dom.image-lazy-loading.enabled false but it started ignoring that a few updates ago
>>
reposting from last thread, does anyone know if there's a 4stats.io for subreddits? i'm mainly looking for measuring average posts per day and the closest i've found is subredditstats.com which only measures from the past 24 hours and isn't very accurate because of reddit's api costs.

also how the fuck does reddit know the last few subreddits i've been on when i'm not using an account and have cookies set to autodelete?
>>
Will USB sticks used for Windows work on other OS?
>>
My Controller (king kong 3 max) has horrendous delay on arch when I plug the receiver directly into the pc.

But if I plug it into a dongle connected to the pc it works fine.

Why?
>>
>>101158890
Wdym? Depends on the file system. Just use exfat.
>>
>>101158929
What's that?
>>
>>101158969
Ok, let's go to the basics.

In windows when you right click > Properties on the USB drive you should see somewhere what kind of Filesystem the drive uses. It should be NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT. If it is FAT32 or EXFAT it should work an practically any device.

If it's NTFS there could be issues when using it with OS X or Linux.

If thats the case then you will need to right click > format and select exFAT or FAT32, depending on the size of the drive.

This will also delete anything on there.
>>
>>101159097
Got it. Any disadvantages to having a bunch of USBs formatted like that?
>>
>>101159627
Not at all. I'm pretty sure most of your drives should already be formatted in fat. But you never know what kinda funny idea windows might get.
>>
File: 1702619202120437.gif (1.06 MB, 498x491)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
one of the server(ubuntu) in the company i work in is infected with a botnet (spams SSH attempt nonstop) and as the IT guy they decided to push that shit into me
is there any way to deal with that without formating the machine? cyber security isn't my area at all
also in which general should i ask this?
>>
File: WB.jpg (31 KB, 510x288)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
What's the easiest way to crop the black parts of a video file that looks like this?
>>
Rec me a non-shit laptop for mom to pay bills on, how are the mobile i3s? An on sale i5 would be fine also. One of those would probably last another 8 years at least
>>
>>101158929
Do you mean fat32? I think exfat requires some packages to work on most linux distros
>>
>>101159732
No. If it is infected, reimage immediately.
>>
>>101159852
Fat32 is trash, and has been trash since the 90s. NTFS will break on Linux. Windows can't read Ext4. Use ExFat.
>>
>>101159852
really? I have a 256GB exfat flashdrive I use occasionally on my arch system, can't remember having set anything up for that.

The issue is that windows just picks either exfat or fat32 depending on the size of the drive. And formatting it with the other one is a huge hassle without third party programs on windows. Would have been annoying to send anon to the powershell or telling him to install guiformat.
>>
>>101159762
-vf crop=w:h:x:y

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#crop
>>
File: thinking emojis.gif (80 KB, 600x337)
80 KB
80 KB GIF
I need a special USB that can take a lot of RW abuse.
My use case: I am a linux user who occasionally needs to use a few windows software that needs to run bare metal(No Wine or VM). I hate windows though and don't use it for anything else. So I really don't want to taint my comfy setup with dual boot. I can use rufus to force windows to install on a portable usb, which is what I did months ago. It was a generic sandisk USB 3. After around a year of use it slowed down to crawl. Straight up single megabyte per second write speeds, the reads aren't much better neither. It technically still works but it is practically unusable. It didn't fare well against heavy rw demands of an operating system compared to usual use cases of flash sticks.
So I need a faster usb that won't degrade quickly, my fastest port is USB3.2, as such I am looking for a USB 3.1/3.2 flash stick. My drive used to get hot so perhaps something with above average cooling might help, are there any sticks with better passive cooling? Or again, anything that would last my use case for years.
>>
>>101160421
maybe consider a usb enclosure that takes a normal ssd
>>
File: 727c3963ceb7708b.gif (516 KB, 300x300)
516 KB
516 KB GIF
>>101159891
>NTFS will break on Linux
>>
>>101160454
Well shit I do fits into 64gb usb flash sticks with the OS included mostly fine and I am stingy.
But I am seeing offers for 128gb external SATA ssds for around 20 bucks. Cheap enough to be considered. They will last a few years of on and off use right?
>>
>>101160718
yea, as long as they don't get too hot
>>
>>101158640
Browser fingerprint, IP address, and maybe those cookies aren't set to autodelete until you actually close your tab or window or browser session.
>>
>>101160732
I should try to find something with a competent heat sink then. Thanks.
>>
I've been encoding some movies and I want to share them, where would I do that?
>>
>>101161182
Seed them as torrents
Zip them and upload them to file sharing sites like mega, anonfile, etc. (most others I know died lol)
Don't upload them to streaming sites unless you want them to be re-encoded
>>
>>101161376
Which torrent sites let you upload to these days? Torrent galaxy is down last time I looked and they didn't want my content unless I was going to be frequently uploading. Also I don't have a VPN and my ISP would probably shut me down. I think revolution OS is free domain now, but YouTube was copyright striking me anyways. It's like 260MB 10-bit AV1 Opus 64Kbps webm
>>
>>101161616
1337x.to does I think?
>>
So I am trying to find a PC that will primarily be used as an Emulation station in my room. I want something small and that is able to emulate everything up to original Xbox, but I can settle for GameCube and PS2 to lower cost. Unfortunately, I am a poorfag at the moment. Originally I was looking at a GMK G5 Mini PC since I have seen reviews that say that it can emulate GameCube and PS2 and its only like 150 bucks, but then I have also seen people saying that you can Get an old HP elitedesk thing for about the same price and have better performance. What would you guys recommend I go with? I plan on killing windows on whatever I get as soon as possible and doing either a duel boot Batocera and Light Linux PC or just Doing a pure Batocera PC. Haven't decided yet.
>>
File: 1657036375044.png (422 KB, 680x424)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
Is it better to have an addon that does a certain function or to have a grease/violent/tampermonkey script that does the same thing?
>>
cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm missing here, it seems like a simple question
>>
File: 1705145743852033.png (520 KB, 1300x1300)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
Where can I get transparent images anymore? Since the advent of webp, I swear it's fucking impossible to find any on Google Images, etc. I just want to make sloppy meme edits.
>>
>>101162537
document.getElementById ?
>>
File: 5TcUUG0.png (41 KB, 400x416)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>Power options disappear from Lenovo Vantage, can't control TDP
>Ryzen Master refuses to install
>Ryzen Controller errors out
I've tried reinstalling Vantage, all the other recommended troubleshooting for these programs and nothing helps.
Is reinstalling fucking Windows the only option at this point? The laptop is stuck at a low TDP...
>>
File: Capture.png (7 KB, 669x289)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
How do I fix instagram on firefox? No aggressive blockers, no strict mode shit, no updates, it's default firefox
>>
>>101162904
You could try BIOS-
>laptop
Yeah good luck reinstalling.
>>
>>101162969
heard that now you can only view ig if registered...? anyone can confirm this?
>>
>>101163189
I dunno jack shit about Instagram honestly but tried now and asked for login.
Maybe purging cache and deleting instagram related cookies can help.
>>
>>101163186
Funny enough I could at least switch the performance mode in the BIOS thank god.
Ryzen Master installed successfully after changing the Windows locale to EN_US, though it still failed the first time. All good, except it doesn't support laptop CPUs...
Ryzen Controller, which seems like the only option to adjust TDP via software right now still can't apply ryzenadj
>>
>>101163189
it pulls a pinterest, quora etc - you can scroll a little bit before it yells at you to login
>>
>>101157603
best places to get apks of paid apps?
>>
So honeyview got killed by bandisoft, what other freeware and adware/bloatware free imageviewers that are retard friendly exist?

xnview is not retard friendly.
I guess irfanview? what else is around?
>>
>>101162523
The script will be way better than addon bloatware, plus you can see the code.
>>
File: 1543619560.jpg (13 KB, 232x185)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
starting firefox in a linux vm in virtualbox completely freezes the system but ONLY if you have more than 1 cpu assigned to the vm
this is a recent thing. any fixes besides setting cpu back to 1?
>>
>>101157603
hello fa/g/gots
which format should i choose
in b4 hurr durr biggest bitrate
>>
>>101164844
Looking like webm to me
>>
>>101164219
Good point
>>
>>101164206
irfanview is king
>>
>>101164844
Bottom one
>>
I want to learn networking, what book and which program should I use? Is packet tracer still the go-to today or are there better alternatives?
>>
>>101157603
Anyan know the name of the document that forces hardware manifacturers to comply by certain standards key to the functioning of a computer? I know acpi removes this factor but still, i think intel is not complying with PCIE ECAM and relying on acpi tables which might be not complying with some regulations
>>
I'm running Debian 12 and tried to change my DE from gnome to KDE plasma but it seems KDE is unable to recognise my second monitor. I made a post on /wsr/ that has more detail about my problem ( >>>/wsr/1471858 ) and they recommended I ask in this thread. TLDR of my post:
>install KDE Plasma using tasksel
>When logging in using KDE, second monitor goes black
>When logging out, monitor starts working again
>Monitor isn't shown in xrandr or display config
>Works completely fine in gnome or KDE Wayland but KDE Wayland is unusably laggy.

Any advice?
>>
File: 1709848612184379.png (8 KB, 691x159)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Now with youtube's stable volume nonsense, the audio files are a complete mess, and it has become hard to get an unedited audio from youtube.

videos in the screenshot:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0Bny01Uuc
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV3m1f5LW5c

https://github.com/kannagi0303/yt-dlp-gui

using yt-dlp and this gui, and I don't know how these options work in command line yt-dlp. For some videos, the opus option doesn't appear, but you get opus files by choosing "Unknow mp4", however, you can get multiple 128k opus files that are slightly different. In one case I was able to determine one file having reduced dynamic range comparing the waveforms in audacity.

In other two files I can't spot a difference but there is a very weird pattern in the higher frequencies, which when listened at 0.5 rate appears to be additional sparkle, these patterns are not found in the aac file. Is youtube doing this to "improve" the audio or is this part of some newer opus codec?
>>
>>101165608
>wayland
>multiple monitors
even weston doesnt support that, use X11 until 2030
>>
Can you do two H2testw tests at the same time?
>>
Before I ask for recommended portable monitors and post specs for it, I need to know something. Do all portable monitors lack adjustable brightness? Because I've bought 2 of them and, although they both came with adjacent options, I couldn't just make the screen brighter or darker without sacrificing picture quality.
>>
>>101165608
Daily linux user but I have a single monitor. Still a few starting points: Is the GPU AMD or Nvidia? If Nvidia use the proprietary driver(closed source and dkms version). Maybe a Nouveau bug of some sort. It has some.
>unusably laggy
Maybe a VRR bug? You are using displayport cable right? Linux likes DP cable a lot more than hdmi. Can you also try disabling vrr in the display settings and see if it stops the lag? That would help us narrow down the problem.
>>
>>101164206
>honeyview got killed by bandisoft
It is still up for download, you updoots-addicted fool.
It is kill when they take it down, not that it won't stay up on other sites.

I've been pretty content with it since Vista days, I'll update when it is no longer viable on newest systems in the future.
>>
>>101166292
Low chance of success but maybe "screen tearing: allow in fullscreen windows" might help with the lag. Not something you should do, but it will narrow the problem down.
Also try asking the /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread if you don't find a solution here.
Lastly I know the writing is messy but I am typing as they come to my mind, it's possible that there is some sort of conflict between configs of previous Gnome DE and KDE that fucks your system. If you have a separate partition for your personal data, or a backup it might help to install kde debian from scratch.
>>
>>101162904
open cmd(dot)exe with admin privilege, then type in:
>chkdsk C: /f
and let that run, then
>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
then
>sfc /scannow

Also once they are done, try resetting BIOS to defaults, and then try reinstalling your utilities, then if all else fails, then you try reinstalling Windows.
If that doesn't work, then you probably have a motherboard fault.
God help you.
>>
how much fiddling does it take to get the Switch lite to play pirated games?
>>
>>101166067
>>101166292

For clarification, the issue of my second monitor not working only happens using X11, which is what I normally use. Using Wayland, My second monitor works fine, but then the DE is extremely laggy.
I am using an AMD GPU but not using displayport cables as I have none, only HDMIs. Also my monitor that is not working is plugged into the motherboard as my GPU has 1 HDMI and 3 displayports. Swapping these monitors around does indeed swap which monitor is black.
There is no option in my display settings for vrr.
My monitors only have HDMI ports, so I could order some HDMI to DP cables and see if those work, though I don't see why this would be necessary if my monitors work just find using HDMI with gnome and KDE on Wayland.
>>
how do i make a gmail without linking a phone number?
>>
>>101166364
Im grasping at straws here but i have to do customer support for the most stupid reasons every time i don't take such things in consideration.
Honeyview has a file association problem with Windows 11 because Windows 11 loves to reset them, almost every other modern image browser fixed this problem but not Honeyview so every now and then it resets trying to force users to use bloated microsoft image viewer and asks users to redo them which is a pain in W11.
With other image viewers just opening them again resets them automatically.
>>
>>101166452
That anon has a problem with Lenovo vantage, only old versions had power controls in them, new ones removed the settings.
Its not a windows problem.
>>
how do I transfer my 300+ Firefox bookmarks to Mull? there is nothing in the /data/firefox/ folder
>>
>>101166821
tried running Honeyview with admin privilege?
>>
>>101167248
>bookmarks
Import and Backup in the bookmarks tab
>>
>>101167248
users/(you)/Appdata/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/profiles/(your current profile)-release/boomarkbackups

backing up that entire Mozilla folder can allow you to restore boomarks and even tabs to a new install
>>
As a 20-something dude who didn't go to college and with a spotty employment record, learning what programming language would give me the best job opportunities?
I'm thinking FORTRAN because of how vital it is to military infrastructure combined with how practically everyone who knows it is on the edge of retirement, meaning the military or NASA would be willing to hire me regardless because of how desperate they must be for young people who can code in the language
>>
>>101160718
>>101160421
>USB USB USB
The relevant thing here is load balancing and SSDs have that, "dumb flash" don't. (achtually all flash is dumb but SSDs handle it smart)
>>
>>101165482
Programs for learning networking? Packet tracer?
When I "learned to network" I started with concepts like Ethernet and built on that. Are we even talking about the same subject?
>>
>>101164584
Sounds like a (you) problem.
What VM hypervisor are you using?
>>
>>101163186
What's difficult on installing an OS onto a laptop?
(Achtually I had a HP ProBook back in the day that didn't accept any new UEFI boot entries after some 100 OS installs)
>>
>>101167524
can't see this option
>>101167545
that's pc, I'm using android
>>
>>101167606
Go for it, but C, C++, C#, Python, and Java are also musts due to their popularity. You definitely want to be versed in more than one language.
Anyone who knows better is free to correct me.
>>
>>101159891
exFAT isn't any kind of technological improvement or a "bug fix" over FAT32, it just adds more bits so it isn't restricted to 4GiB files and that sort of shit. Sure, I tend to pick exFAT too whenever possible on those situations. But if you absolutely know you aren't going to store big files and there's a possibility you had to use that storage device on some rando smart toaster -> definitely go for FAT32.
>inb4 "my smart toasters red exFAT since it was invented!"
How nice dear. Mine don't to this day.
>>
>>101167698
RPG is also a very good language to learn.
Javascript, Go, PHP and HTML are must learns if you're going into web development. CSS too, if you want to do graphical design.
>>
File: Xiaomi.png (4 KB, 800x800)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>101167693
>that's pc, I'm using android
Was going to quickly look up the location for you but
jasmine_sprout:/ $ cd /data
jasmine_sprout:/data $ ls
ls: .: Permission denied
1|jasmine_sprout:/data $

The C:\Appdata\ or whatever equivalent is somewhere under there. But I can't remember how to Android any more lmao.
(the phone isn't rooted)
>>
>>101166649
>My monitors only have HDMI ports, so I could order some HDMI to DP cables and see if those work, though I don't see why this would be necessary if my monitors work just find using HDMI with gnome and KDE on Wayland.
As I said before DP is much better supported in Linux. You still should try that.
>>
>>101167698
>>101167823
The problem is C and Java are incredibly popular so I'd have to compete with a lot of people, which is an acute issue due to me 1. Not having a compsci degree and 2. Minimal job experience. That's why I was looking at FORTRAN and COBOL, because both are basically obsolete languages that nonetheless are used on government legacy systems and are reliant on an increasingly smaller number of oldheads to maintain it. There aren't an army of jeets competing to work on NASA mainframes from the early 80s.
>>
>>101167691
You are misinterpreting. Installing OS is easy. The good luck part is about changing power settings in the BIOS(since laptop BIOSes suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck and have 99% of all useful settings removed).
>>
>>101166649
>>101167917
Ooops glossed over this:
>plugged into the motherboard
I have no formal explanation about it but in my experience Linux likes to get retarded when you are using the igpu(you need to have one and have it enabled to be able to dump display from motherboard) and dgpu together. Disable it in BIOS and do not plug to the motherboard.
>>
>>101167928
RPG is actually used within the banking industry alongside COBOL, so that might actually be a pretty good language to learn as well, if you'd rather stick to the civilian sector where you don't need to pass such an immense a clearance check.
Even better, RPG isn't actually considered an entirely obsolete language, as while there are many outdated dialects, IBM still supports that language for new dialects to be made.
>>
>>101168022
There's no reason I wouldn't pass a government clearance check, and I get the feeling I'd be paid more working for the government. Better job security as well, because banks are more likely to update their systems than the government is. I'll look into it, though.

What are some good resources for learning RPG/COBOL/FORTRAN?
>>
File: 1714435945658979.jpg (314 KB, 940x2990)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>101157603
>1tb SSD
>16 GB RAM
>$350

https://a.co/d/0e3bobsA

what's the catch? I've seen laptops on my local Walmart with similar pricing at nowhere near these specs. The highest I could find there was a one with a 512 SSD with MAYBE 8 GB or ram
>>
>>101168060
Literal who chink brand, will shit itself in months and you won't be able to make a warranty claim and won't be able to find parts for it.
>>
>>101168048
>because banks are more likely to update their systems than the government is.
Bitch my brand new ATMs run OS/2 and my friend has a bank account that he's hacked into a couple times before because it uses a MySQL server from the early 90s, they're not updating SHIIIT

>good resources
Well, community colleges are a good place to get a proper education, but I heard this is a good place to learn COBOL.
https://www.academictutorials.com/cobol/
Could not tell you on the RPG side of things where to learn it online, unfortunately.

>>101168060
16 gigabytes of RAM is probably the max you're going to get out of it. The N100 cannot address more than that.
>>
>>101168084
>Nimo
It's American. Cincinnati based company.
>>
File: 1711392489042222.jpg (43 KB, 650x594)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>101157603
Are there any justifiable reasons to get a 16 GB RAM laptop/PC over an 8 GB version?
>>
>>101162835
on google, go to images -> tools -> color -> transparent
on bing, go to images -> filter -> type -> transparent
on yandex, just adding 'png' works
>>
>>101168185
Gaming and just about anything else that isn't simply using a web browser, word processing, light image editing, and other light computing tasks, which a lot of modern machines are total overkill for.
>>
>>101168093
Community college is also out of the question on the grounds of cost and because I didn't finish high school.
>>
File: cpu cache.jpg (19 KB, 514x221)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>101168060
N100 is the catch, there's not much transistors on that thing. (basically means a small CPU cache)
>16GB
Current year minimum.
>>
>>101168236
Really? Community college tends to be cheap. Like, really cheap. We're talking maybe 300 dollars total a class, if you rent books. You'd probably only need to take 4 or so to get caught up.
I'm not asking you to get a GED, either, because most CCs I'm aware of don't care. Definitely to email around if you're interested.
>>
>>101168060
>what's the catch?
chink laptop https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/portatiles-laptop-notebook-computer-i7-8GB_1600173474214.html
>>101168120
having a US address means jackshit
this is pretty funny though https://www.nimopc.com/blogs/our-blog/maga
>>
>>101167941
>laptop BIOSes suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Bad firmware weirds me out. Doesn't it take like a billion work hours to get a laptop design ready? Then they just whim the firmware handicapping the entire thing.
>>
>>101168269
It's an assumption but a safe one that community colleges, particularly cheap ones, aren't likely to have esoteric programming language classes.
>>
Is there a list or site to find recommended external drives, and how is the best way to maintain them? I don't really plan on plugging it in very often, just need it to hold onto my junk that I keep avoiding to organize until I can get proper drive upgrades eventually.
>>
>>101168392
Sierra College Rocklin Campus(the one I am most familiar with) used to have those classes before discontinuing them right before COVID, so just shop around. They'll likely have 'em.
>>
>>101168434
I live in bumfuck Florida. I can check, but my local area is so irrelevant that the public library doesn't even have C textbooks.
>>
>>101168472
is commuting to a different (better) campus in another city not an option?
>>
>>101168550
It would be at least an hour one way.
>>
>>101168585
These campuses also tend to offer online classes if 1 hour is really that much of a concern.
>>
>>101168060
If you want a cheap laptop, look at facebook marketplace
>>
File: 1622599759795.jpg (190 KB, 1000x1500)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
My sister gave me back a PC I gave her for work and play.
It had two r9 Fury 4GB for reasons.
Are those cards even sellable anymore?
>>
Hello, this is a question probably too dumb even for this thread, but I have no one else to ask. if I buy a monitor with for example 144 Hz, do they offer an option to run at lower frequency, like 120 or 60? Is there any drawback or danger in doing this, like will it fuck up the quality or something?
>>
>>101168713
Yes, the monitor will usually be able to be set to a lower refresh rate. No, it will do no harm - in fact, it may a save a pinch of energy in the process. If that matters to you.
>>
>>101168603
At that point I'd be better off buying books on the subject and teaching myself, which was really my intention from the start.
>>
File: aaaaa.png (776 KB, 954x712)
776 KB
776 KB PNG
Just finished a build in Fractal North XL, this power LED isn't turning on anymore, any ideas?
>>
is a gpu expected to thermal throttle at 100% load under 'normal' conditions (eg, factory settings, not overclock, no changes to nothing)
>>
>>101168743
if you have the discipline to do so... but i still think the CC degree will help you with finding a job, esp. since you seem to be a rural area
>>
>>101168765
>100% load
Badly cooled ones overheat on 100% load so it's not the load that makes them throttle but not having proper cooling.
>>
>>101168763
....check the led connector on your mobohomo.
>>
>>101168412
If SSD: any of the usual name brands like Kingston, Western Digital, Samsung, Timetec, Patriot, Lexar, PNY (there's more)

If HDD: Western Digital. Just them, and get either a My Book model or My Passport, avoid Easystore models because they aren't as reliable.

HDDs just require that you avoid magnets (this includes speakers) and physical impacts, SSDs just require that you recharge their cells or whatever, I've read some mention that you take all your files out, do a full, slow format, then put all your files in. Do this every 5 years to avoid data loss. Though I wonder if it would not be better to do a chkdsk /f /r scan, and skip the file transfers? Should accomplish the same thing, I think, but I'm only equipped with USB HDDs and optical discs for backups and won't be finding out as that's how I've rolled since before SSDs came out..
>>
>>101168737
Thanks a lot for the fast answer, anon.
>>
I need to change something in the registry entry of a game, but I don't know what, is it safe to just fumble with it to see what changes in-game till I find out the part I'm looking for? I'd make a backup first of course.
Just want to know if there's a risk it'll kill my pc.
It's a simple tetris-like game and all information like how many bricks you placed, how long you played, and many other stats that don't affect gameplay are stored in a registry entry.
I don't know if anyone cares, but no, I'm not trying to cheat, my friend lost his save with over a thousand hours and we're trying to figure out how to put his stats back based on a screenshot of them.
>>
>>101157603
bros, i need a 2tb 2.5" hdd, but are they all them same thickness as a dictionary?
>>
>>101168953
Yes, you need more platters
>>
>>101168773
I live about as far away from a college as I do from Cape Canaveral, funnily enough. If I can learn FORTRAN I'd probably be set.
The issue is a community college degree is worth about its weight in recyclable paper.
>>
>>101168953
>>101168985
no
some are 7mm some are 14mm
>>
>>101157603
Let's say, hypothetically, I made a catastrophic mistake at work.
Hypothetically, I am one of 4 junior developers with no senior developers in the company. I fucked up, broke one of our solutions, created several hundred thousand unnecessary records in our CRM solution and broke updates to the pre-existing records and it's been like that for 2 months.
I'm so hypothetically fired after I explain what happened. I can't hide this, we have commit history and everybody knows it's broken. In hindsight, it's obvious what I did.

Is it now impossible for me to get another job as a software engineer / developer? Obviously I can't use my current boss or colleagues as references, I can't get references or referrals from former professors.
>>
File: what9.png (18 KB, 220x162)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
I bought a big ass UPS for my PC
Is a UPS supposed to charge and discharge throughout the day even when the electronics connected to it are off?

I haven't used anything connected to it for a month as I've been away... But my family says that the power switches off randomly (specifically on the switch controlling the living room, my room, and the kitchen) when nothing else changes. e.g. Dads just watching TV with no one else around...

I'm suspecting it's the UPS drawing too much power when charging but idk how much sense that makes
>>
if its not specifically listed, is it safe to assume a laptop has a TN screen? i cant stand them
>>
>>101169053
still i think it would be worth the trouble. you could get a comfy job in the pubic sector pretty easily
>>
File: 1714869613713324.jpg (67 KB, 850x643)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
I was gifted an iPad recently, what do I do with it?

I genuinely don't know what to do with a tablet because I've no need for one, much less an apple product.
>>
File: 1685388795124286.png (1.32 MB, 768x1152)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>101169491
Sell it, put the money towards something you are far more interested in. The best thing about ipads is that NPCs will pay for them, and they can be converted to cash in useful amounts and quickly.
>>
>>101169299
their fucking problem for not having proper measures to prevent this, just pretend it never happened and apply for jobs as usual, you should not be having any access to prod anyways, was this even QA'd ?
>>
>>101169453
tough question, you would have to check out the screen in person if you can't find specific info on that
>>
>>101169555
There's no QA at this company. I felt like I was super lucky to get this position without references. Is it easier than it seems to get a Jr. role without any reference/LORs?
>>
how illegal is to make a device (with an arduino and a 2.4GHz transceiver) that congests the bluetooth channels and prevents people around me from playing loud music on their shitty speakers?
>>
>>101169720
This is a federal crime. It could be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the intent and impact.
>>
>>101169763
the intent is peace and the impact is mild inconvenience (for them)
but seriously speaking, how likely am I to get caught?
>>
File: 1536633100022.jpg (56 KB, 732x959)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>101166836
>new ones removed the settings
Wait what? The laptop is new, when I got it in December there were three power modes (they're still in the BIOS), at some point they disappeared from the Vantage app.
If Lenovo actually removed such basic functionality for no apparent reason I'm never buying another Lenovo laptop again.
>>
>>101169806
>how likely am I to get caught?
That's going to depend on how strong the jammer is, what kind of people are around, what sensitive equipment is around.
If somebody knowledgeable notices this and reports it to the FCC with enough detail, they'll start monitoring that area and you will get caught.
If you're absolutely certain that there are no commercial transmitters or glowies in the area, I guess it's unlikely it would be reported.
>>
>>101169806
Very likely considering you're asking for spoonfeeding here.
>>
>>101169883
it's not spoonfeeding when you search for something and everything seems to talk about blocking cell signal, which I don't care about. and I'm not retarded, it'll be my trump card for when someone's being particularly annoying for a prolonged amount of time (in different locations of course). as of now I can only seethe and go somewhere else
>>101169879
will test without the antenna it comes with but my intent is for it to be relatively weak

and I'm not in the US (I'm in turd world) so I'm not compromising myself by posting about it
>>
>>101169720
You know what's not illegal? Bitching to the police that your neighbors are too loud. Cops can get after people for that.
>>
>>101170084
doesn't work where I live, cops don't care. during the day it's "allowed", even
>>
What's the absolute cheapest "computer" that will allow me to run chkdsk (or linux alternative) on an external hard drive? I can probably get my hands on keyboard, mouse (if needed), and monitor. I was looking at Raspberry Pi Zero 2?
>>
>>101170164
A second hand laptop or desktop off of E-Bay.
Why aren't you using your main PC for it? Can't boot off of a USB stick or something?
>>
what's that ai people are using to change the end of old meme videos recently? i know luma does something similar but it's only for still images afaik
>>
>>101170206
>second hand laptop
The old Asus Eee PC laptop I have has Windows XP and apparently can't recognize drives with GUID partitions.
>main PC
I'm a mactoddler using a 2014 MBP. Disk Utility is crap, and I can't even use it because the external is NTFS.
>desktop off E-Bay
What price range are we looking at here?
>>
>>101170238
grab an old dell business laptop for $40-90 with windows 10 preinstalled, doesn't even need activation, use that to troubleshoot your XP drive
avoid anything older than 3rd gen i5 to stay on the safe side
>>
>>101170233
wait nvm i'm stupid they're just adding the new video onto the original
>>
>>101170266
Thanks senpai! I'll look into it.
>>
Total tech noob, tourist from /mu/

How do I get acclimated to my MacBook Pro 2022? Does anyone have any recommended tutorials that would help me understand this machine? I’ve been using computers since I was little but I know very little still.
>>
>>101170630
youtube videos
>>
How do I use the native 4chan catalogue filter more effectively?
I want to ONLY select threads with /hsg/ in the subject line, but when I do
/hsg/
I end up getting any thread with /hsg/ in the entire OP, too. How do I fix this with the native 4chan filters? I just want my filters to only look at the subject line.
>>
>>101157603
Why the fuck can't I load btdig when my VPN is up?
It loads just fine when accessing it normally, but as soon as I turn on my VPN the page breaks and gives me a bullshit DNS error.
>>
>>101168060
what would you use it for? 16G ram and 1TB of space is pretty overkill for an N100 cpu. big tasks that require a lot of ram and storage space usually also require a fast cpu, which that is not
that's a little slower than the cpu in my 2013 SFF thinkcentre i picked up second hand for $60, while it's not a laptop, it gives you an idea what you're dealing with. of course, if you need something cheap and new then sure, it's not useless, just don't expect to do anything high end in any kind of hurry
>>
>>101170238
>The old Asus Eee PC laptop I have has Windows XP and apparently can't recognize drives with GUID partitions.
windows xp doesn't officially support GPT, though i've heard you can copy come files from server 2003 to make it work... it's probably a better idea to just install server 2003 to use directly
>>
File: shift_f10-1394146668.jpg (51 KB, 1026x756)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>101170238
just use a virtual machine. as long as you can pass through the drive at a block level you can run chkdsk from windows running in a VM (even just the preinstallation environment of the install dvd, don't need to even install it)
and by block level i mean like attaching /dev/disk1 or whatever macos uses, the method of which will depend on your VM software
actually, you could also boot the windows install dvd/usb directly since macs can do that, and run chkdsk from there. just hit shift+f10 on the first screen to bring up a cmd prompt where you can run chkdsk from
>>
>>101171006
>you could also boot the windows install dvd/usb directly since macs can do that, and run chkdsk from there
Based. What Windows release do you recommend? Would I have to pay and/or deal with license bs?
>>101170968
Interesting, if virtual machine doesn't work I'll try this.
>>
>>101171085
>Based. What Windows release do you recommend? Would I have to pay and/or deal with license bs?
just the newest one will have the most hardware support, if you want something smaller you might consider a stripped down iso like ntdev's, or even a PE-based boot disc such as hiren's bootcd
https://archive.org/download/tiny-11-core-x-64-beta-1
https://www.hirensbootcd.org/
no, you don't need to do anything regarding payment or licensing, since we're just talking about PE (preinstallation environment, the minimal version of windows that runs during setup)
>>
>>101171110
Awesome thanks
>>
How do I make my RAM lights automatically turn off when I put my PC to sleep? I'm using OpenRGB and I can do this manually by selecting "Light Off" before enabling sleep mode, but I would prefer if I didn't have to do that.
>>
>>101171863
if you're using systemd, you can make a oneshot service that runs before (and after) sleeping which runs your program to turn them off/on
>>
>>101172040
I'm on Windows 10. Should have mentioned that in my post, sorry.
>>
>>101172080
looks like it's possible to do in windows as well, using task scheduler to make a task that triggers using the kernel-power source and the ID for sleep
people are saying you also need to set the power plan to high performance before running openrgb, otherwise it may be interrupted by the sleep (ending up running it once you resume instead)
>>
Reposting this from the windows thread because no replies.
>switch applocale to English
>reboot
>Win10 does not boot
>restart PC
>wants to boot into startup repair but stuck on black screen with just cursor
how the fuck did this happen and how the fuck do I fix it?
I tried using an old recovery stick but it doesn't want to load startup repair.
I tried using a new installation stick and having it set to boot into safemode by default but no luck.
I ran sfc /scannow but it says that I need admin priveliges.
>>
File: 1714262962858417.jpg (80 KB, 785x847)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
I'm making a high enough power flashlight out of a cheap 32b ARM MCU running at 48MHz.
Its just going to step up a 32650 LiFePO4 cell voltage from 3.2V to 12V.
I'm using a synchronous boost topology with discrete FETs (or async, no sure, depends on my mood). I know the boost ratio is terrible and i calculated that i at least need 7.78A of switch current with an inductor of 47uH if my switching frequency is 500KHz and want ripple below 100mA.
FETs are some pretty nice NexFET VSON package FETs from TI. 2.3mOhm.
The flashlight LED is a cob LED with a max current of 1.6A and power of 20W.

Sorry for the the long life story, but my question is what control topology should i use? Voltage feedback should be simple but I'm unsure if i want that or peak current mode or what. 48MHz should be fast enough i think, but I'm cautious because i haven't ever created any kind of high power converters before
>>
I connect to a VPN through IKEv2 and
I get blocked from a specific site if it's through any Windows 10 computer
But so far if I use macOS or even Windows 7 I get by just fine. What could be the cause?
>>
Greetings, I am planning to purchase a new laptop. I think my current one doesn't have a removable hard drive. Is there any reliable way to basically transfer everything from my old laptop to the new one? I have a Linux partition on it as well as Windows 10, so this probably makes it more complicated. I figure I could probably just copy over everything I want onto an external drive manually, but I wonder if there is any more efficient way to do it?
>>
>>101172972
Make a disk image using dd from a Linux installation disk and copy the disk image to external storage
>>
ive notived a lot of gradient issues on my screen, it's an LG 34WP65G-B, checking same sites/videos on phone with oled or laptop with a a 500 nits ips they look much better and smooth
is my panel dying or is it some settings issue or just this screen being ass?
>>
>>101173573
its a 6 bit frc panel m8, its not gonna be great
>>
File: 1bf.jpg (10 KB, 334x274)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Hello, /g/entlemen. I'd like to know if installing Windows 10 IoT LTSC on a laptop was a good idea. I can't use the touchpad nor WiFi connections and there's a bunch of drivers unrecognized in Device Manager. I think Windows might have wrongly identified my laptop as a desktop (even the name it chose for it was "DESKTOP-(numbers)"). I don't know what to do. Thank you friends.
>>
>>101173613
where do you see that? none of the sites with the screen's specifications listed that for me, not even lg's own site
also, opinions on 27GR95QE-B as an upgrade without the ultrawide meme and with some proper reso/refresh rate
>>
what's the latency on modern bluetooth headphones
more than 100ms?
>>
>>101173650
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/133622c0
the reason its not listed because it would look bad
>>
I'm on Windows 10. Photos isn't working, and a lot of apps randomly stop responding. What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>101174068
restart
bet if you try to right click > open with a file it crashes explorer too
>>
>>101174099
It takes a long time
>>
>>101174099
Gonna try restarting. What if that doesn't help?
>>
>>101173870
Could be. Good ones can get around 40 if the stars align properly.
>>
Still lagging quite a bit. I hope it's not the end of the road for the laptop.
>>
I'm not a programmer, I just want to DM a game on FoundryVTT, and I can't figure out why multiplicative stacks work while additive stacks don't, in this module: https://gitlab.com/woodentavern/status-icon-counters
and looking at the API I can't even figure out what part is supposed to be responsible for that.
>>
>>101170768
In the dropdown, you need to select subject to only filter subjects.
Also, /hsg/ is the syntax for regex, so it's actually filtering for hsg on it's own. To filter for /hsg/ specifically you could do "/hsg/" (with the quotation marks) or in regex /\/hsg\// (the forward slashes need to be escaped in regex)
>>
Why are WIRED routers so expensive and rare? I couldn't even find "consumer" grade ones, all the stuff is either "enthusiast" or "business" ones. Even in direct comparison:
>Mikrotik
>hAP is $60 ($30 for lite) wired and wireless
>hEX is $80 ($55 for lite) same thing but wired only
I just dun get it.
>>
>>101175274
Lower demand. You can just go into router settings and turn off the wireless signal.
>>
>>101174308
Enable QoS?
>>
>>101173649
Plug in a wired mouse and get the drivers from the manufacturer website
>>
has there ever been a reason given as to why 4chan doesn't put the site's actual code on GitHub?
the development team, like the moderation team as a whole, is clearly understaffed and from an end-user perspective this site barely has more features than the open source code it was built off of 20 years ago, especially if you're not using javascript. wouldn't putting it on GitHub let others add their own changes and have things like 4chan-x be built in so the current devs can just focus on managing pull requests?
>>
I'm having wireguard issues and I don't know how to solve them. I can do wireguard on my internal home network just fine, but when trying to do it with an EC2 server, it will suddenly never respond to pings nor incorporate the EC2 server into the wireguard device. I can use Netcat in UDP mode to listen on the Endpoint's port and receive packets, but never with Wireguard. Pinging that route doesn't give any error messages, just droped packets.

Any suggestions? It feels like I've tried this a dozen different ways, and none of them have worked.
>>
>>101172972
Image or clone the drive
>>
>>101175306
What's that?
>>
test
>>
>>101175627
all good, IP changed
>>
how can i -map streams that start at the middle of video (dvd subtitles, dvb audio/subtitle tracks etc) with ffmpeg
>>
>>101157603
Why do I suddenly wanna do trades? long story short am in a degree for IT, just a cashier now though and have been for about 7 months, in college for like 2 years almost.

2 days ago I got in a car crash and there was a moment I knew it would happen and I got that adrenaline dump, but after I’ve All the sudden wanted to just quit everything and be an electrician or something. It’s like I guess being that scared and seeing the crash and experiencing it just made me want to I guess stop waiting and just do something and get money and get on with life instead of shit or get off the pot lifestyle I’ve been in for a couple years. Anyone experience anything similar?
>>
>>101174308
Lagging how? If you go to task manager is the cpu pegged at 100% or something?
Also, turn on high performance mode to raise the cpu wattage limits to the max
>>
>>101175306
Router setting that prioritizes network traffic to specific apps/services.
>>
want a good bittorrent client. been using deluge for years but found a fundamental open issue that has been open for years so fuck them
>>
>>101175501
>>101176080
>>
>>101176087
Transmission
>>
>>101175808
The disk was at 100% ten seconds ago. Now it's 2%. Then 25%, now 1%.
>>
Now it's back at 100%
>>
>>101157603
4chan is being throttled on my end.
What could be the reason?
Already reset router, changed DNS, flushed DNS, tried different browers etc.
Only thing that works is a VPN, wtf.
No other site is throttled
>>
>>101157603
A good and free software to record video game footage? I wanted to use xbox game bar, but for w/e reason game bar doesn't resigster the game that I want to run as a "recordable program", I don't know how you fuck up a "record this screen/program box" but here we are.
>>
>>101176087
That's a really petty reason to stop using something that works. Also everything open source has something like that.
>>
>>101176320
Does it have a ssd? If the boot drive is a hard disk then of course it'll be slow
>>
>>101176374
Is it a latency thing? Try
 tracert boards.4chan.org 
in your command line (powershell/terminal on windows)
>>
Best way to test ram and ssd's from scrapping computers and be comfortable reselling them?
>>
>>101176395
obs
>>
how do you add 1 to a random number using only multiplication
like if the number was 10, multiplying it by 1.1 would work, but I want a way that it would work with any number
>>
>>101176493
I have an SSD
>>
>>101176718
Is obs free?
>>
>>101176888
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=is+obs+free
>>
>>101176940
I answered my own question and forgot to follow up, thanks anyway lol
>>
>>101176799
Then... what's using the disk all the time?
>>
>>101176963
nta, but if I had to guess, porn.
>>
>>101176963
Conservatives
>>
I turn on XMP and system won't boot, RAM light turns on, assuming the numbers are wrong somewhere but anyone know how to adjust?

I got G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400 which I'm realizing says Intel series but I'm running an AMD CPU, did I fuck up lmao
>>
>>101176963
I don't know. There's plenty of free disk storage.
>>
>>101177314
As in, you can't reach the uefi/bios?
Reset it then - Some motherboards have a button or a jumper, alternatively, pull out the battery for a few seconds and put it back in. This will of course, reset other motherboard settings
>>
I can't seem to stay connected to GTAOnline on my PS4. I have a AX86U Pro, 900Mbps download speed, static IP assigned, port forwarding enabled, Google DNS enabled, QoS enabled, Gaming prioritized, and I'm hard wired with a cat6 Ethernet cable. Every other game is working fine. I can get into a lobby but it disconnects me about a minute later. Rockstar website isn't reporting any outages. What could be the problem?
>>
>>101176395 (Me)
follow up question, Does 4chan support m4a or mpa formats or only webms?
>>
>>101177443
I've reset BIOS a few times yes, but I'd like to run the XMP profile to hit the advertised speed on the RAM. Memtest shows no errors so I think the sticks are okay. I'm also running a Ryzen 7 7800X3D if that helps
>>
>>101177644
Only WebM with vp8 or VP9 (not sure about 10-bit) only vorbis or opus audio codecs.
>>
>>101176614
Im an absolute noob in such things.
I have several lines now with, what I think, pinged adresses.
The last two have 150ms+ times
How do I fix it?
What can I do with this info?
Also, thank you anon
>>
>>101177678
vorbis and opus are only supported on /mu/ or is it cross board?
>>
>>101177754
I don't go to many boards, but it's available in gif, r, wsg, and wsr I believe.
>>
Did 1.1.1.1 just go down? I can't ping it or go to their website.
>>
If I sage all my questions and replies, will that allow the thread to have more posts without reaching it's bump limit?
>>
>>101177677
Hmm, have you updated to the most recent uefi version?
You could also try enabling XMP but with a lower DRAM frequency
>>
>>101178600
No, unfortunately.
>>
>>101177680
You said earlier it was only with 4chan, could you try
 tracert www.speedtest.net 
just to confirm the latency with other websites is ok.

btw, tracert shows the path that a packet takes from your device across the internet to the destination

>>101178098
I can go to the site and ping it
>>
>>101157603
I'm working on a Spring application that, every 2 minutes, polls for new entries in one database(since the last run) and then writes a couple columns to a reference table. For whatever reason I'm getting duplicate entries in that reference table despite using @Scheduled which I thought would make sure the enclosed requests would be finished before running again.

But I think I want to figure that out later. My actual question is whether I should just add a unique index to that reference table which will not allow inserts with matching values in BOTH columns, or add a select query to the front of the enclosed function which will then just not do the insert if a result comes back with that same data. It's less clean, but my theory is that a SELECT and sometimes insert will put less performance stress on the Postgres server overall than always inserting and potentially failing at the commit stage. Is that stupid?
>>
>>101180035
*a row with a couple columns FOR EACH ENTRY, to the reference table
>>
>>101180035
Now that I've said it all out loud, if I'm going with a bandaid then I'm thinking I should do the unique index unless someone says a handful of failed inserts will cause significant attrition. It'll at least still serve a purpose after I figure out the initial issue since I'm never, ever going to want entries on this table with both of those columns matching
>>
File: 1617693129717.jpg (116 KB, 851x1175)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
I've been trying to get the regex working for this.
I want tho capture the text between the last "/" and the end of the string excluding "-"
https://www.example.com/foo/2024/bar-barbar-foobar
>>
How do you get the motivation to work on personal projects after work? I'm lucky to have a job with minimal meetings, so I code most of the day. I am not formally educated, so I did not learn DSA in school. I have to teach myself but the last thing I want to do is write more code after I just got done doing that for 4-8 hours.
I'm never going to be able to move out of this job or at least out of Jr. roles if I don't get the motivation to start working on personal projects and learn how to solve interview problems.
>>
>>101176403
yeah to be honest i hate freetards and their foss philosophy. therefore i hate most people on this board
>>
File: 1247837917393.gif (274 KB, 160x120)
274 KB
274 KB GIF
Is there such a thing as a tool that inspects the color palette in GIF frames and optimizes it by removing colors that are barely used or are otherwise barely different than nearby colors as to reduce the filedize? Photoshop's perceptual selector is good but I wonder if there's something better out there
>>
File: devices.png (82 KB, 435x524)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>101175347
I've been using a wireless (not Bluetooth) mouse since the installation process, also been using an ethernet cable. On the manufacturer's website I haven't found drivers for the features that aren't working (touchpad, wifi, bluetooth, and the plethora of unknown devices in DM). Needless to say, settings for the touchpad and wifi aren't available in the Win10 Settings program. Lastly, I just installed the latest wifi drivers from Intel (WiFi 23.60.1 for Win10/11), rebooted my laptop but nothing changed.
>>
>>101157928
the mic might be clogged.
if u dont have the tools to clean it, go to a independent repair shop.

hope I helped
>>
Alright I've got a fresh Ubuntu server 22.04 install using an Oracle Virtual Machine, it has no gui at the moment and I don't think I need one
If I install steam, would Steam have a gui? Or would I need to log into Steam and install steam games (actually a server tool, not a game) via bash commands?
>>
I'm using Firefox and whenever I want to download an image, it's slow because the Save As dialogue (where you choose the folder and name for the file) loads thumbnails of files already in the folder. How do I disable this thumbnail loading? I assume some setting in about:config would do it but I don't know which one.
Changing the thumbnail settings in my file manager (Thunar) doesn't help, it looks like Firefox uses its own file browser when saving files.
>>
>>101180598
Its nice to see people are carrying on the tradition of the shoe cut.
>>
What are some e-readers that don't spy on you? Everyone I know seems to use a Kindle but I don't want amazon spying on my books.
Does the Kobo require any form of registration? I just want to put books on it via cable and then read the bloody things. No wifi needed.
>>
I run OBS to record videos of bugs in a webapp/browser for my job

I record at 1080p 10fps but the file sizes are slightlyl arger than I'd like for the shitty internal distro/CDN we have to upload everything to

how do I optimize my settings to retain clarity for text on screen, while reducing file size as much as possible?

>>101180483
personal projects should be something you enjoy doing as a cooldown/wind down to the day, otherwise it's just mor work that you should have someone pay you to do

>>101181404
all of them spy on you if you have a network connection enabled

kindle paperwhite or oasis hardware+interface+reading experience is still the best for now, just buy one, never turn wireless on, and use Calibre to manage your library
>>
File: 1565267040150.jpg (59 KB, 382x402)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
I'm trying to use this
>https://github.com/tonywu7/feedly-link-aggregator
to scrape shit from a dead Tumblr, but it's kinda fucked.
The download linked in the quick usage section, which was supposed to have a .zip with a start.bat, just leads to a 'Not found' page.
So I downloaded it with git instead, but whenever I try to use any commands I get the error
>No module named scrapy
Am I doing something retarded? I'm using git bash inside the downloaded folder, there's a scrapy.cfg right there, and there's a cyan-coloured (master) at the end of the path on the git window.
>>
>ISP fucks something up.
>Call them, and they unfuck it.
>Fiber "modem" is in bridge mode so I don't have doubleNAT.
>NAT type is now stating "open" instead of "moderate".

is this safe?
>>
File: 1676419285164415.jpg (25 KB, 600x600)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>playing Helldivers 2
>long session
>realize as the session went longer my performance seemed to get worse
This happened like 1 time, but am I imagining things or can that actually happen?
>>
>>101181690
it's called a memory leak, and yeah, it's pretty common with poorly optimized vidya
>>
>>101181684
hahahaNO
>>
>>101181636
AV1 and Opus will get you way smaller file sizes without sacrificing quality.
>>
>>101181662
use gallery-dl, niggaridoo
>>
>>101181684
Should probably connect a router to the modem so you have a firewall, and then port forward the ports you need for your devices after setting up static IP addresses.
>>
>>101181690
I've had the same for programs and games but I don't play Helldivers 2. Retards will be quick to blame this on a "memory leak", but I monitor my resources religiously. It has only been a memory leak once out of some dozens of times.
>>
>>101181636
>paperwhite
I was thinking of the basic 11th gen one, I like the smaller screen, it's handier. Won't it bother me with pop ups for registering it?
>>
>>101181785
That has fuck all to do with what OP is talking about. Either this is a bot or a fucking moron.
>>
>>101181785
>>101181811

I have router.
>>
>>101181763
Is it supposed to be able to download blogs that were destroyed by the purge? Because when I try to use it I get
>[tumblr][error] NotFoundError: Requested user or post could not be found
The one I was trying to use uses some 3rd party thing that has the direct links to the actual images, so it was supposed to still be able to download them even if the posts are gone.
>>
>>101180374
What do you mean by excluding "-"?
>>
>>101157603
Looking to buy a replacement battery for my laptop but a genuine replacement costs half of what I paid for it. I see 3rd party chink batteries on amazon for it for half the price, good/bad idea?
>>
>>101181823
Then you're probably fine
>>
>>101182351
It's all the same shit. Just an array of 18650 cells.
>>
>>101181810
I've owned every other generation of kindle since the first keyboard model, and imo paperwhite is as close to perfect as it gets without having physical page turn buttons

the screen detail and frontlighting is noticeably better compared to the basic model, I highly recommend dropping the extra few bucks on paperwhite, and it's still quite compact

if you buy an ad-supported (cheap) model you will see random ads on the lockscreen, but if you never take the device online those ads will never rotate/change nor will you get bugged to update or anything like that

I know there are ways to nuke the ads, but I use the thing enough that I have always just bought the unpozzed version

>>101182351
look up reviews not on amazon
there are typically a couple of options with decent quality that are still substantially cheaper than OEM
>>
Is it possible to assign an incorrect update to a driver on Windows? E.g.: Applying an update to an unidentified PCI Serial Port device and sending it under the 'Firmware' category. I need to update drivers manually, so I'm worried I might mess things up.
>>
>>101182351
>>101182444

See if you can get a better chink one from ifixit or something, something with a warranty and reviews/tested cells.
>>
>>101181684
>Fiber "modem" is in bridge mode so I don't have doubleNAT.
How do you figure your ISP NATs you too? 100.x.x.x?
>NAT type is now stating "open" instead of "moderate".
Says nothing to me. You either have NAT or don't.
>>
>>101182444
>Just an array of 18650 cells.
Plus the controller thingy that measures voltages in between the cells. Unless we're talking something super cheaply made.
>>
>>101181690
gameguard is a piece of a shit kernel anti cheat. your pc will slow to a crawl as you keep playing because it begins scanning everything on your pc.
>>
>>101182622
>How do you figure your ISP NATs you too? 100.x.x.x?

I'm a noob, some games will tell you if you're nat is fucked.

There's 3 nat types.
>>
Why won't kurobaEx or kurobaEx-beta open any links? I've made sure all the settings are correct and 100x checked. I haven't tried other 4ch apps but other apps open links just fine. Im on andriod 14 with a S24 Ultra
>>
>>101178699
>>101177677
XMP is just guesswork from the manufacturer.
Take the XMP values and start lowering some of them.
>>101182666
>some games will tell you if you're nat is fucked.
Oh jesus.
On any regular home network with a "home router" you are always NATed unless you very, very specifically removed the feature. Picture relates heavily.
Was there some end goal to your question? Do you want to host games or what?
>>
>>101181876
gallery-dl supports tumblrgallery.xyz
>>
>>101157633
what do the hexadecimal numbers represent?
>>
>>101182965
numbers
>>
>>101182908
I already manually downloaded what little was uploaded there. From the Wayback Machine I could see a lot of stuff that wasn't saved anywhere, and most of the images I tried to click from the archive there were broken.
>>
>>101182712
>Was there some end goal to your question? Do you want to host games or what?

no
>>
>>101176403
Deluge is fucking garbage mate. The source is a total horror show. In no way should you trust those idiots with network exposure.
>>
>>101176087
Simple: choose between qBittorrent and Transmission. The latter is less bloated.
>>
File: file.png (49 KB, 607x212)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Is there a way to view the total current bandwidth usage from my router/modem?
>>
>>101183302
Totally up to the modem's OS. And routers are random as fuck, that's why some people build their own.
>>
File: out.gif (203 KB, 160x120)
203 KB
203 KB GIF
>>101180598
here's one way
ffmpeg -i 1247837917393.gif -vf "split[src0][src1];[src0]palettegen=max_colors=32[pal];[src1][pal]paletteuse=dither=none" -loop 0 -y out.gif
>>
>>101183103
'ave you tried reverse searching the thumbnails?
>>
>>101181151
>shoe cut
qrd?
>>
What's better for this?
I download a lot of videos (mostly youtube) and am running out of space. I'm poor and don't want to keep all my eggs in one basket. Should I start getting a bunch of 64 GB SD/micro SD cards and saving shit on that? ...suggestions?
>>
>>101183729
just look at the posted image anon, it's not a difficult concept
>>
>>101183741
microsd/sd cards are dogshit, especially the cheap ones

spinning rust is dirt cheap and plenty reliable for bulk storage, buy a USB dock for like $20 and a 4tb HDD on sale somehere for like $75 and you're set for multiple years worth of content
>>
>>101183743
so it's common to use this anime cut for testing re-encoding softwares?
>>
>>101183741
If it needs to be portible, then maybe some sata ssds with a usb3 converter. I find HDDs too slow even for data storage.
Also, if you had backups, it wouldn't matter much if one of the drives failed
>>
>>101183655
Alright I found that out that if I can see the thumbnails I can change the links to get the original pics without even needing to reverse search.
Now the problems are that a good chunk of the thumbnails are also broken and don't even show up on the Sources tab of Chrome's console, and that I can't scroll down the Tumblr archive page on the Wayback Machine to see older posts.
>>
>>101183802
Osaka shoe kick is an old meme where she would kick off her shoe and then there would be a cut to something happening.
>>
>>101183865
I see, I didn't know this meme.
>>
if I put a 2nd wireless card in my computer, can I be connected to 2 wifis simultaneously? I am using fedora.
Asking because I keep my PC downstairs (too hot and not enough space in my room) to stream steamlink to my laptop, and my cell hotspot as internet connection because my internet fucking sucks (see pic-rel). I was thinking I could hopefully stream via local connection (perfect <1ms for local) and use my cell for the internet
>>
>>101184896
figured it out. yes it does let you connect to one wifi per network card and there is an option to configure wifi to be only for local resources
>>
>>101157603
how do I play WEBMs with [sound] files attached?
>>
>>101157603
Weird question, I want to splurge a little and I have a list I want to buy but I can only choose 1:

>Aeron chair (refurb)
>Racing Sim (Wheel, pedals, chair)
>3rd monitor + new keyboard + mouse
>gabe deck

Thoughts? personally I'm leaning towards racim sim
>>
>>101185211
the 4chan sounds player userscript - I'm pretty sure it's on greasyfork
>>
>>101185238
do you have the link?
>>
>>101184896
yep, you can even connect to two with one card if your wifi card can do 2.4GHz and 5GHz, since they're technically two different radios. i've done what you're describing by setting up the 5GHz radio as a client to connect to a phone hotspot, and the 2.4GHz radio as an AP so i can use a hotspot as a manual "failover" internet connection
>>
>>101157603
How old of a car do I have to buy that wont have all this tracking shit and telemetry tech in it?
>>
>>101185494
anything with a carburettor and you should be good
>>
Question about C++ in visual studio. If you have 3 static libraries where A depends on B (i.e. "Additional include directories" includes B's headers) and B depends on C, and you subsequently #include a header file from project C into a header file (not source file) that's in project B, is there any automatic way to have knowledge of this dependency flow transitively down to A, which now is attempting to include headers from C? I know cmake/conan will do this, but I'm wondering if there's a way to do it where the dependency information is intrinsic to project B's vcxproj file.
I'm in a situation where our repo has multiple solution files which access the same sets of projects, so even if somebody modifies solution Z manually so that A knows about C, the developer working with solution Y logs in the next day and finds his shit is broken with a compiler error about how FooB.h can't find FooC.h, which makes it extra hard for him to fix if he's unable to spot that the "cause" of this is actually FooA.h including FooB.h and the fix is to add include directories to the (unmentioned) project A.
As far as I'm aware the answer is no, there's no way without an expensive migration to use better tools, and you don't want dependencies automatically transitive because it's inefficient, but I can't off the top of my head think of a reason you shouldn't be able to (fairly) easily detect these transitive dependencies by inspecting what's trying to include what - maybe not watertight enough to do it automatically but at least enough to offer suggestions that are right 99% of the time
>>
>>101183010
no shit
>>
Do crucial still make a good SSD? Was looking at a mx500
>>
File: six.png (11 KB, 333x191)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>get 6 replies
>see none
>press "click hidden replies"
>nothing shows up
what the fuck, I wanna see!
>>
Today I got a nightmare and it was about my PC having Windows 11 installed.
>>
The old ethernet cable is giving out. Replacing it would involve drilling holes through walls removing parts of the walls. And drilling through floors. It would be too tedious so I decided to do wireless. I need either a WiFi card that is going to work flawlessly on Linux mint or a WiFi router that I could use to receive WiFi and convert it to ethernet. What should I do?
>>
>>101185900
Going to go back to linux soon, I dont use my PC for that much anymore, and windows has annoyed me for quite a few years now.
>>
>>101185917
I only use Linux just for coding, the interface feels a bit annoying
>>
>>101185891
PS I went to look up the profile of the person I replied to and my own post is not featuring under his comment. The subject was slavery, did something get auto-triggered or what is this?
>>
>>101180897
thanks for trrying
>>
>>101186343
If I go to Windows Explorer -> USB icon in task bar -> right click "Eject Flash Drive", is it the same as going to CMD -> diskpart -> choose volume -> "remove all dismount"?
>>
>>101181998
I mean capture from the last "/" to the end anything that's not "-"
so the results would be "bar barbar foobar"
I added space to make what I want clear.
>>
>>101185912
The wireless card would be the cheaper option
>>
I just moved to a new rental and the previous tenant hasn't cancelled their internet contract, so it's blocking me from getting internet. Contact centre advised to use a VLAN to bypass this as a temporary measure, but I can't seem to find where to set it up in my router settings. Can basic consumer-grade routers set up a VLAN? Would it be buried in other settings (e.g. bridging)? Kind of clueless, and I wfh so need internet asap. Any advice would be helpful.
>>
>>101184532
Yeah, a lot of them are explosions for some reason as well lol
>>
it's almost tax time and i figured for funsies i'd write a script in python to go through all my payslips and chuck whatever data into an excel file, problem is i forgot the payslips are password protected. how do i go about this? is there a way to get python to enter the password for each file? or is it better to just (slowly and boringly) remove the passwords from the pdfs before passing them into the script?
>>
File: 1697456871264338.gif (2.87 MB, 500x288)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB GIF
The touchscreen on my android phone stopped working and I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer the files to a computer without USB file sharing/debugging being on. I can still see the screen but I can't click anything and furthermore it seems to click random spots on it's own. It's a huawei p10 with android 8 or 9 i think.

I tried googling but all the data recovery programs for windows sound like indian scams. Is replacing the screen my only option here? I have no backups anywhere (i know im retarded), i only want to recover photos if possible.
>>
>>101186466
when I plugged the USB after this... it didn't automatically mount
>>
Can I use telegram without sharing my phone book with it and notifying everyone on the contact list that I joined telegram?
I think the latter action is automatic? Never used telegram but my boomer relative wants me to make one for easier contacts and apparently when they joined tg people from their contact books started spamming things like welcome to tg and whatever. I don't want anyone to know that I'm using tg except for a few phone numbers.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.