[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719600064093446.jpg (127 KB, 800x351)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>Wikis
https://dmpdoc.neocities.org/
https://web.archive.org/web/20220330105340/https://rentry.org/dmpdoc
https://rentry.org/dmprockandroll/
https://mu-sic-production.fandom.com/wiki//mu/sic_Production_Wiki

>/g/ makes a 13th album
Theme: Music for your god. (divine music, your interpretation)
Deadline: Midnight between August 31st and September 1st (UTC)
Please post title suggestions

>IMPORTANT! READ THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING:
Upload the file somewhere and post the link here. If you want to update your track, make a new post.
If possible use a lossless format and upload to a file-sharing service, not to a music site like Vocaroo or SoundCloud.
Include the title of the song in the post. Don't rely on us reading it from the filename or tags.
When you post the submission make sure that the song is clearly a submission for the album, otherwise it might get skipped.
Songs that contain anything against YouTube's policies won't be uploaded on YT (but will still be added to the album).
If your track's volume goes above 0 dB it will be clipped for the release.

>Where can I hear the previous albums?
https://rentry.org/dmpalbums

-----

A board dedicated to all aspects of music making and audio would be great for many reasons. Here's why:
https://pastebin.com/ZHXhfRZw
If you like the idea, let 4chan know at https://4channel.org/feedback (under Board Suggestion)

-----

Previous: >>101145933
>>
File: synth.png (257 KB, 800x450)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
What VST instruments and effects are you looking forward to buy after release? Are you happy with your current collection of VSTs? If so then what are your current most used instruments and effects? If you're not happy with your current VSTs then what do you feel is missing from your toolkit?
>>
I can't stop sucking cock, or listening to Levels on repeat
>>
File: 1714023501560612.jpg (101 KB, 396x385)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>tfw too shy to share my projects to anyone
>tfw no one will ever be able to listen to my sick tunes
>>
>look mom i posted it again
>>
>>101009125

>memory circuit
I like the sound design of high plop sounds very much, but if you use them that densely they can get irritating to the ears after a while.

>idk
Comfy nostalgic feel while staying interesting.

>Remission
I can almost feel the cancer leaving /dmp/

>Yes, I need more
Here again i like the high hats kind of sound, but because it is used so densely and with little changes it makes this 1:45 feel quite long.

>Sancho's Tune
I like the variety and density of high register souns

>omg guys isn't this just like super mayrio on the nes or as i like to call it the famicom haha so retro
It is indeed quite nostalgic and not without a certain cuteness.

>Christmas Libre(Let me guess REMIX)
I liked the atmosphere of the original very much and this one does a great job in recreating it.

>Tomato Soup
Very tasty.

>Quadophonic jazz
Calm but interesting.

>Track3-needs more
That bit more creates a very nice result.

>5 Seconds of Silence at the End
Here also that little bit of additional production nicely sets the ambience, but even without it it would be a very good track.

>Did a quickie
A quckie but a goodie.

>DabWaves
Great track.
>>
>>101195294

>Wavebound Beat
Insect like feels. The mild randomness of the high register ticks makes it interesting instead of tiring. Very good track.

>recycling in!
Another really nice one.

>tired of this shit (why am i working on this again?)
I hate entire families of vocalists from most of my favorite bands and I must say I would also like your parents a bit more if everything stayed single saw/square/sine osc with a simple filter here.

>Cee Saw Sine Waves by the Sea
Great mood.

>16 Votes
The track is decent even with synthetic vocal but I haven't been following the general closely lately, qrd on the vote?

I feel like congratulations for those who managed to make something for the album are even more in order with this one. My constant admiration and adoration for album organizer anon, who keeps this shit going so nicely so long.
My favorites: DabWaves, idk, Wavebound Beat, recycling in!
>>
>>101194667
>reaper user guide is 460 pages
>there's a what's new in reaper 7.0 30 page document too
man I know it has a lot of options but how the fuck should I tackle all of this
>>
>>101195379
Just go DAWLESS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nj3MZ1V8s
nah, sorry, just wanted an excuse to post that.
I can appreciate that the documentation is overwhelming-as-fuck. If you're just getting started out, I would recommend Reaper Mania on YouTube and then searching for things as you feel you need them -- the documentation is made for ctrl+f.
>>
>>101194788
sausage fattener and ott dubstep go WUBWUBBBBWUBWOOOWW
>>
>>101195395
it's alright man I can grind 500 pages I just have to find a little time to do it I was expecting a much smaller pdf file though
>>
>>101195405
>I can grind 500 pages
Can you maintain all of that information after grinding it? Hats off to you if you can.
I wouldn't be able to do that; I would just have vague recollections that things exist.
>>
maybe i should sell off my modular rig so i start making music instead of retarded noises lol

https://vocaroo.com/1m2Cb2LZpMSh
>>
>>101195424
I maintain much much much more info than that it's all about proper bookmarking just bookmark the useful stuff fast I also upload videos privately to youtube with anything really useful that I definitely need to remember
>>
File: sy1.jpg (15 KB, 259x194)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>101194788
I'm looking for unique effect vsts at the moment like Visco and Iris 2 by Izotope which is now discontinued. There's something about recording your own sounds and then using them to make your own instruments.

What vsts have the largest 3rd party preset availability like sylenth and serum?
>>
File: best_drumsampler.png (64 KB, 1291x606)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
Which daw has the best drum pad vst you've used even if it's not your main daw now? Or if you use 3rd party, which drum pad vst is your favorite?
>>
File: synplant_unique.jpg (126 KB, 1540x850)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>101194788
>>101195556
What other unique effect vsts like this are out there that can give you a complete new sound?
>>
File: zrythm_free.png (584 KB, 2560x1051)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
Has anyone played with this free daw yet? Written in C++ and C uses GTK4 and open source too. It almost looks good, but not as good as a daw using JUCE for gui.
>>
>>101195581
I liked XO enough to pirate it. Atlas 2 felt okay too, same concept, but XO had an easier torrent. I probably should buy it at this point, but I also keep telling myself I'll learn JUCE and make my own version.
>>
can we have a discussion on getting loudness in the mix? feels like adding saturation just fucks things up and makes them sound either weaker (drums) or just brittle or harsh, like it loses life. subtlety is the name of the game, sure, but it feels like it does nothing even when you sprinkle a little and get it all summed up, im spending more time level matching for barely any benefit
it also really sucks when you mix your kick and bass well, but then you add in parts that are much quieter than those two, like melodies, and things start distorting. wish there were some magic method that'd make it so summed signals dont get far louder than the individuals
>>
The geno synplant2 AI learny thingy sounds really cool, why didn’t it catch on with lasting hype?

Does it not work well or does the whole gimmick of synplant not really lend itself to tweaking things in depth by yourself?

Not a shill, just realizing my VST selection is actually super out of date and never bothered to keep up lol
>>
>>101195556
>largest 3rd party preset availability
any of the popular ones. vital, fm8, massive, phaseplant, most u-he synths have a bunch too
some plugins are just awful for presets because of usability, and serum is one, the way it handles presets means that you can't have more than a few thousand presets without it becoming slow af and being a pain to find anything
>>
>>101197079
it actually works quite well and is pretty accurate. the problem is it takes a long time for it to process and the whole time it has your CPU at 100% and your pc is fighting for its life. it kinda kills the mood of hearing a sound and thinking "damn let me experiment with this in synplant" when you know youre gonna have to sit and wait while your fans blare
but honestly synplant isnt a very advanced synthesizer in terms of its parameters. its strong suit is how it can generate things randomly and make crazy sounds. so genopatch is cool but if theres something you want to tweak youre probably better off just doing it with effects.
that said, it can be nice for resynthesizing a sound that you want to pitch way up or down. itll retain quality this way where an audio sample wouldnt
>>
>>101197120
>the way it handles presets means that you can't have more than a few thousand presets without it becoming slow af and being a pain to find anything
never use that preset menu. just click on the preset name and use the browser dropdown. maybe not as convenient but it beats sitting and waiting for indexing a million times
>>
>>101197079
>Does it not work well or does the whole gimmick of synplant not really lend itself to tweaking things in depth by yourself?
It works well but it's indeed very gimmicky. if it was in normal synth like vital it would've been insane, and there is an AI patch thing for vital but it absolutely sucks compared to genopatch
>>
>>101197074
Just slap a maximus preset on top of the whole thing and call it a day
>>
>>101197074
>feels like adding saturation just fucks things up
Either you’re not managing your dynamics well enough before that, you’re not summing things in a way conducive to cleanly easing off peaks/not distorting, and or there are other problems in the arrangement.

My *not even trying to push things* and barely compressing or anything-duh method involves just clipping/limiting 1-2 dB on every track, and same for anything that’s directly layered (pads, claps/snares etc).

Heavy saturation on say, a drum buss, is typically preceded by heavy compression/transient shaping for the actual desired tone (should be the approach for everything if you want to be clean) followed by possibly, but usually no, smoothing compression or subtle limiting and then hitting real distortion.

“Clean” aiming reduction should really only be like 2-3db max and it’s hard to fuck up at that point, saturation included.

... also consider like, when you cascade (I’ve seen this convo multiple times) don’t limit so you can clip harder at the very end: logically think about whether you want to catch stray peaks with hard clipping and constantly limit or the other way around (one way is going to distort more frequently, of course).

You should try to nail all that on a basic level before getting autistic with different clipping/saturation/limiting algorithms, of course... of course..:
>>
>>101197133
>>101197157
Oh damn
Well thanks for explaining, I’ll wait until it’s more convenient to use lol

What AI for vital?
Chucking stuff in the wavetable editor is pretty fun too but I hate every table editor that isn’t serum
>>
>>101197196
>What AI for vital?
micromusic
>>
>>101197160
based FL user. i used to just abuse ozone's assistant but i want to get past the ceiling and get good at mixing/mastering
>>101197171
im glad youre talking about clipping and compression because these are two of the biggest points that im trying to get down. i want to be able to just catch peaks and shave things off a bit but i feel like it just gives me that nasty inharmonic distortion. im probably doing it wrong and have too many db of gain reduction. standardclip's ui kinda makes it hard to get precise with it. im only clipping percussive elements and nothing melodic at the moment, then i just have a clipper going into a limiter on the master
i suck at compression as well right now. im usually just making things feel weaker despite having higher levels. one issue i have is not trusting the attack knob. in my head im thinking i want the attack pretty fast because otherwise im letting issues through, and then whats the point of me compressing if im not actually lowering the peaks? but after doing some reading ive finally figured out that attack is just how long it takes to get to maximum gain reduction, so i feel comfortable actually increasing attack as i should for drums now
>>
>>101197284
compression should really be used more for general tone shaping and "consistency" of a sound- try to use it for how a sound is actually perceived rather than what it does to precisely controlling peaks... it's not very good at that.
>>
>>101197362
thats great advice. i definitely compress more with my eyes and not my ears. thinking about it, im watching the threshold and gain reduction too much and not listening enough
>>
any of u niggas know an alternate ddl or torrent for Tokyo Scoring Strings. The rutracker one is disgustingly slow. 83 gigs, its gonna take me a whole day otherwise.
>>
File: file.png (70 KB, 960x765)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>101194667
protracker master race

>>101197812
rutracker has a problem retaining people for downloads with music software/sample packs etc. if it's over a few years old seed availability drops off sharply.
>>
>>101195581
I really like kong in reason, but I hate how fucky it is when you want multi outs.
I don't use reason anymore really.
>>
What's a good sequencer that can emulate a 303 sequencer? I have a behringer td3, but the classic workflow is ass, and I have the roland 303 vst, but the step sequencer sucks (pictured), you can't program triplets and 16ths in the same sequence, there's no tempo selector, only a 'scale' selector (which is how you can program a sequence with only triplets), and trying to program through the piano roll is even worse since the slides and accent are triggered with the velocity.
>>
File: Rob-Acid-303.jpg (232 KB, 1080x770)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>101199787
Oops, pic didnt post
>>
>>101195308
I wish more people posted their subjective impressions
>>
>>101195294
>>101195308
Based album critic Anon. Always looking forward to your reviews.
Is any of these yours?

>qrd on the vote?
When we voted on the title, out of the 32 total votes we got, 16 were for "penismank" (apparently a thing on [s4s]).
Since it was obviously a troll, we decided to ignore it:
https://desuarchive.org/g/thread/99598292/#99765306
Which led to the great /dmp/ schism of 2024, with the poll purists that wanted penismank on one side (almost certainly just one Anon), and everyone else on the other.
>>
File: TopFreeVST.png (1.06 MB, 1080x1080)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
Is Surge any good? Supposed to be a free synth vst. Any particular free vsts that are actually pretty good?
>>
bleep bloop vst post
daw wars
>>
>>101196250
I like the one from presonus studioone, but it's going into subscription/renting license so I'm making my escape. I've realized I can't rely on the stock plugins from daws because I might go from owning my daw to renting it in a flash.
>>
ive got 6 stereo imputes I want to mix but dedicated mixers are like $600 dollars

right now im using a $20 4 stereo input line mixer but i want to be able to record my tracks

is getting something like a zoom h6 field recorder a good middle ground?
>>
>>101201377
>>>/mu/prod/
>>
>>101202255
Why dont you overdub?
>>
File: acid_bass.jpg (1.5 MB, 2053x3517)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>101199787
image line's transistor bass has an internal bpm but yeah if you don't like the sequencer you can also just write to the piano roll instead of the vst sequencer and accent with the velocity parameters, which honestly might be the way to go if you want more control over triplets and ect

arturia's Acid V looks fancy but it's 200 fucking dollars for a damn 303 emulator, seems a bit much I don't think anybody needs an acid bass sound that badly.....
>>
Are you a bad enough dude to go to an EDM disc golf festival?
https://www.instagram.com/bassribbonpines/
>>
>>101202567
nothing is recorded, it's sequenced, and i'm not connected to a daw

i've got three synthesizers, two drum machines, and a fx box

the routing right now is 3 synthesizers into the line mixer, one of the drum machines outputs into the line in of the other drum machine ( so i lose a part) and that goes into the last input of the mixer

the mixer goes into the fx box and the fx box out into stereo amps

i would like to record the output and get a better mixer but it feels insane to spend 600 dollars on a mixer . also after doing some manual reading i wouldn't be able to route outputs on the h6 making it impossible to incorporate the fx box and record while live listening
>>
>>101202578
I tried Acid V when it had a free trial and the way it works is ass backwards, didn't like it.
I guess I'm gonna have to sequence the fucking thing with the tb3 then.
>>
>>101202928
You can overdub on tape, mate. No need for a daw
>>
>>101199787
I guess you could use phoscyon and have it trigger different patterns to switch from 16ths to triplets, but looking at your pic I think you can do the same in tb303
>>
is anyone else seeing this dude who asks the same question each thread? Is this a bot or something?

>>101194788
>>101195556
>>101195581
>>101195602

these posts have been copied and pasted for at least 3 or 4 threads by now
>>
>>101203125
The switch between triplets and 16ths on the roland vst is for the entire pattern. You can't slide with a triplet between 2 16ths like you can on a real 303 sequencer. For example, you can make a 7 step 16th pattern, make a 1 step pattern for a triplet, then a 8 step 16th pattern, but you cant blend them, I dunno if I'm clear. I'd make a webm to show how the roland 303 vst works, but I'm not home.
>>
>>101203818
Yes >>101182029
>>
>>101200368
>Since it was obviously a troll,
I voted for penismank to spite the album because I didn't like how vaguely defined the theme was. I only voted once though; not sure the reason for the other 15 votes.
>>
https://youtu.be/pS5d77DQHOI

>I wonder if you know
>How they live in Tokyo
>My house mini, my conbini
>Is where I consume all my slop
>This ain't manga (WEEB! WEEB! WEEB!)
>This ain't manga (I WEEP! WEEP! WEEP!)
>>
>>101203818
yeah i've stopped browsing, thread is overrun by garbage. some of it seems like copy paste from other sites, probably reddit too
>>
>>101194788
This is an ad, but these threads are paid ads anyway.

BTW Ableton sucks balls.
>>
how do i start producing hip hop? until now ive just been making shitty electronic music but i decided to give nigger music a try. any advice?
>>
>>101205321
Just buy Ableton and some VSTs!
>>
>>101203818
Thank you for noticing. If you could turn down your autism to like 1 or 2, because your autism is at level 9 right now, that would be great.
>>
>>101205821
It's not autism to notice and be annoyed that you're intentionally shitting up a thread and making it a worse experience for everyone
>>
>>101205558
i already have ableton dumbass. i wasnt talking about software i meant how to approach the actual construction of beats.
>>
>>101203818
Noooo, you can't just let people know about 3rd party vsts with better workflows than the default shitty plugins our daws come with! I want to keep all of them to myself!
>>
>>101201194
surge and vital are good do-anything synths; I kind of prefer vital's interface but try both, they are free. dexed is fine too if you have the dx7 autism; it sounds exactly as good as it needs to and runs all the presets, but I'd much rather program a modern FM synth instead of learning its arcane system.
>>
>>101206250
hip hop is a pretty broad term
>>
>>101206261
Nta but it's one thing to ask about vsts, but it's another thing to spam the thread with the same questions and even the same images.
Personally I'm not too bothered by him, and if people don't like his posts they can ignore them (and those that respond don't seem bothered either), but it's not hard to see how people can be annoyed with him.
>>
File: autismlevel.jpg (28 KB, 360x360)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>101205832
Sir, your autism is almost at its peak. I'm going to have to ask you to tone it down please.
>>
>>101206369
Sounds like you're trying to gatekeep vsts like a jealous weirdo. You're acting all autistic at people literally discussing how to improve their "digital music production" and sharing cool and different vsts others might not have known about that could give them new unique sounds. You trying to gatekeep vsts autist bro?
>>
>>101206369
People are going to stop posting because it's the same bot spam trash. I'm not going to bother browsing, posting, or listening to music anymore
>>
>>101206486
Responding by calling people autistic when they voice their annoyance with your posts made it completely clear that you're trolling.
Hopefully now people can see that it's a waste of time to answer the Nth iteration of your VST questions and leave you talking to yourself.
I will stop replying to you now.
>>
>>101206843
New people will keep giving him yous because they don't know better. We lost
>>
>>101206843
Not him, but your posts do demonstrate autistic behavior by assuming everyone else's experiences are like yours where others have experienced the same bombardment of similar vst-related questions over and over rather than understanding that this is an open public forum where people come and go as they please and thus by posing questions at different times, different people have an opportunity to add their own two cents. We're not all robots, so casting out questions at different times shouldn't been seen as something negative unless it's obviously some bullshit question that the asker does not care about at all, which does not appear to be the case in these instances you pointed out above.
>>
>>101207047
It's not autism. You're trolling and making an organic thread shitty
>>
>>101203818
sure would be great if the jannies did something about it.
>>
>>101206250
ask this anon:
>>101194788
>>
>>101207120
It IS the jannies you wooly pated moron.
>>
>>101207544
>wooly pated moron
Does this translate to "broccoli-haired zoomer"?
>>
Just bought sp404 mk2 what do we think of the sp?
>>
>>101206843
The more you talk, the more proof that you're autistically sperging out about people discussing and finding out about cool new and not so known vsts to play with while you try to gatekeep them all to yourself. You're a straight up weirdo.
>>
File: GuitarVST.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Anyone use any guitars with midi footswitches in here? What footswitch and software do you guys use with your guitars?
>>
>>101206881
newfags are going to complain about the quality of the posts in every damn thread because they've never been to other generals, so they make 20+ posts about a single post they didn't like
>>
>>101207987
What in the ti calculator is that? How do these compare to mpc midi controllers? Make a quick video playing a simple beat with it.
>>
File: 1000129574_2_1.webm (720 KB, 402x720)
720 KB
720 KB WEBM
Cross posting here from the lisp general. I'm working on a small driver for my Maschine Mikro MK3. Technically should be cross platform, but the reason I'm developing it is cause there are none for Linux and you can't put it in MIDI mode without the shitty NI software. currently have configurable pads and buttons working, getting the lights to work now. The buttons work with MMC so it's cool being able to hit play/stop/rec in reaper and having it actually work. After the lights I'll add velocity curves and then maybe publish it if anyone thinks they'd have use for it.
>>
>>101208454
He's one of those weird autists that likes to keep vsts, presets, and samples all to himself. There's many people like him in the dmp community in every forum. They sperg out when ever someone shares knowledge, vsts, presets, and samples because they don't want anyone to improve their sound and workflow. Never understood the behavior desu.
>>
File: akai-mpc-500.jpg (274 KB, 900x900)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>101207987
Inferior to the MPC500.
>>
>>101209014
Can you edit samples with an mpc500 and see a waveform? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9AXqbxqqn0
>>
anon...

https://archive.org/details/ChockPiMyRaracc013mp3/04.AncientRain.flac

i will never remember how i made it, i made the entire ep in 1 month under pressure in flstudio. music production is hard and i admire every one here tryng to do it.
>>
>>101209416
i'm on Linux now what are my options? I would come back if there was decent Linux options, i'm never going to use the hell called windows ever again. it spys on you, it uploads your desktop etc... we warn you people, you want anons to come back and produce? then give the tools in linux and we will...
>>
>make music during break at work
>ideas sprout fast, can get a 2min sketch in 15 mins
>making music at home
>ZZZ
how do you fix this?
>>
>>101209453
bitwig and reaper both work natively
>>
>>101209544
fuckign ot on my cpu though mate... plus they are not really anything worth my time.
>>
>>101209539
fuck off just fuck off retard....
>>
>>101209228
Nope you get to do it by ear, which works fine.
>>
File: 1347072764644.jpg (81 KB, 456x386)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>101209590
>
>>
>>101209610
>Akai: makes music products that can be used by blind people
>Roland: makes music products meant to be used by deaf people
>>
i miss the old days the forums with people that actually made music, this place is fucking shite, everyone here should fucking die you are all fucking cancer. Now you know why everything is shit, because we left alone time time they killed our generation to allow for more fucking slop.
>>
>>101209639
It was made into an ad general intentionally.
>>
>>101209650
it was fucking killed ok? are you mentally ill, yes you are, they killed everything to make way for the 24/7 slop
>>
>>101209639
>slop
opinion discarted
>>
but if anones here want to make music, the learn the basics like compression then learn something called the circle of sound. you will not find it unfortunately they've hidden it all now...
>>
>>101209650
show us the ads
>>
>>101209668
its alll 100% hidden mate we gave up and then they removed everything from google search results so good look finding it... These people are nazi, you voted for this...
>>
if you know certain tricks then making music is very easy but they hidden it....
>>
>>101209758
>SIR STOP HIDDING THE SECRET TRICK, SIR.
>>
right intervals we can start here and see if i can remember there is a trick like one chord then another and another its not the 3 chord trick its much better i use to use it a lot because its fucking perfect always due to how sound works.

the circle of sound needs to be found right now for me remember it...
>>
>>101209779
shut up man, fucking cunt, i'm trying to help but i have no time for retards...
>>
>>101209580
kek what are you talking about Reaper is extremely lightweight
>>
>>101209806
cpu instructions, i tried these and my cpu will not work because they use instructions my cpu does not have so unless i have the source code i can't build against my stupid old cpu...

anyway just stfu i hate people like you fucking faggot shut up retard...

fucking hate this place, really fucking hate this place...
>>
>>101209843
fuckin quit, loser
>>
>>101209806
i am actually fucking 1000 times more smart than you you should just fuck off and die, it would be best for me...
>>
>>101209416
Good drums and sounds, shit off-key and non-catchy melodies.
>>
>>101209856
don't care if its a problem for other people but you piss me off so your death should be high on the priority, any inconvenience is listed in the notes as being acceptable.

your actions right now however are not sanctioned as they cause me stress and they ruin the enjoyment for all customers using the platform.
>>
>>101209909
i was very young mate, i only linked it because well here you kind of have to right? so yeah i don't know, i don't know if i will i lost a lost of knowledge it was a long time ago plus those vst need pirating i'm not willing to play that shit game again...
what do you all use?

ableton?
flstudio?
>>
>>101209945
i could colab with the right people.
>>
i as big into atmospheric before i quit, i wanted a vocalist to make it work the guy owing the label just ignored me...
>>
probably because he was into noise and shit music desu, not what i wanted.
>>
>>101203818
>is anyone else seeing this dude who asks the same question each thread? Is this a bot or something?
Yes and Yes.
>>
>>101209915
you sound like fucking movieblob, narcissistic without any talent
>>
>>101210032
>>>
the number 5 resonates in my mind I'm teling you we had a trick, you can't find it no more, its trick with cords.
>>
>>101210049
you're talking about circle of fifths you moron, it's not some mystical secret only you remember, it's basic music theory
>>
>>101210032
i do not give a fuck mate i've done all this shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ImTLkSmZZM

we had a fucking trick and I'm trying to find it again. it would help a lot of people if i could find it, its how chords will flow to one into the next this is very important to understand when making music. because the trick made it so easy as it was numbers, fucking no one fucking cares about that shit no more we fucking lost everything and i fucking hate you, i fucking wish get killed you fucking faggot.
>>
>>101210072
nope its better than that.
>>
>>101210072
its not fucking that shut the fuck up you annoy me fucking pissant fuck off.
>>
>>101209945
I'm also just jumping back into after a 12 years hiatus; went and bought fl studio a few months ago and recently got a splice subscription to try out for samples
>>
>>101210072
fucking pleb tier mate i hope you face is red, nope i remember now faggot, i shifted from one scale to the other , that is hard and yeah needs serious study in music theory so its not the circle of fifths that would be too easy...

basically would not ever start here people are fucking retarded here which was my fear.
>>
but that was the level i was at, i here it in my old tunes i shift scales. no pitch shift, i doubt anyone of can do that, it requires math.
>>
I wish we could report multiple posts at once to give context to the jannies...
I'm too much of a puss to report a single post because I don't think the janny would understand.
>>101208511
The Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II is peak calculator.. right behind those calculators that play a tone when you hit a button.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxXFR4whfRY
>>
your mind is not meant to detect it, that i knew and that i told to the guy remixing it i sad mind you it changes scale, they did a good job but they are more serious than me.

The shift is subtle so fucking subtle but its there and i hear it because I made it over 20 years ago.
>>
>>101210299
fucking 20 years no more like 12, still a long time, it was 20 years ago i in he army so that is where 20 years comes from... just fucking ignore me anons, i will come to my senses very soon.
>>
>>101210270
What does this have to do with digital music production? Stop shitting up our thread pls, k thx.
>>
shifting from one scale to another? take either the base note or high note of a chord, then see how it fits into your target scale, complete the transition from one scale to the other using the base and the melody, if done right no one will know it happened but its lush, that's why its good.
>>
yeah it would not be that hard for me to get back into music production, i would take the base note of maybe the last chord, switch so easy into the next scale, then the next chord would change the base again and it sounds amazing when you do that, do not just think you use the same scale for your entire track that would be very boring.

the circle of fifths is boring once you have heard it a few times there is really not much there, so we experimented with actual scale changes and that is what work so well but its hard, yup its hard but not that hard if want to learn them google how to change scale, but i'm telling ya, just pick the note which is the base or maybe the top and go from there. then next you need chords that flow as it changes and they can't be so different from the original, that's the hard part.
>>
i remember doing it, it was hard, but rewarding.
>>
pure A minor vs C major works obviously, i was doing more than that though, it took time to figure out and well its worth it.
>>
>>101210352
It has to do with cleaning up this thread and forcing this drunk mother fucker ( >>101210371, >>101210517, >>101210521, >>101210538, etc ) to take a break until he sobers up.
>>
Can someone please explain to me the circle of sound and the secrets to making music?
>>
File: nospoons-spoonie.gif (774 KB, 244x180)
774 KB
774 KB GIF
>>101210724
>secrets to making music?
>>
>>101210724
It's written in the Emerald Tablets: That which is below is like that which is above and that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracle of one only thing. And as all things have been and arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation. Proceed the circle with this in mind
>>
cannot tell what's happening ITT but it can't be good D:
>>
https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-12-beta/
>Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Live to display information about missing licenses for samples used in the default Set, the restored Set or the template Set.
What do they mean by "licenses for samples"?
Does Ableton checksum your sample library or something? I assume that this only applies to their own samples/packs, because I can't see what they'd be comparing your samples to, if not the purchases in your Ableton account.
>>
>>101211014
dont know but ableton has always been a greedy jew company with a playful veil
>>
>>101194667
>suggest title

Maybe digital raptor gods? Idk

I haven't posted on here since genres are a social constructed(bodypillos song), here's two demo songs. I did well on the voice leading, but le rhythm is mid, same with ass singing
https://voca.ro/1kC4DLenUA5g

Heres one about terry davis, muh god.
https://voca.ro/1jXlBPPavh3o

>>101210371
I just use chords shared by both scales, or use a neoplitian chord to pivot.>>101210724
Learn baroque music lel.
>>
>>101211014
if i remember correctly ableton sound packs have drm so you can't just kick the files out and stick them in another device. you can of course, just export them one at a time or in chains, though
>>
>>101211121
Huh, makes sense.
Do you happen to know how the DRM is implemented too?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4KL8eOwbOc

is learn music production the new learn to code? been seeing a lot of dunning-kruger stuff lately. some of the content that's aimed specifically at music production pulls hundreds of thousands or millions of views
>>
>>101199805
i have this 303 vst. i do like it a lot but it has some weird quirks and automation limitations that give me the shits.
>>
>>101211922
>hundreds of thousands or millions of views
Vid unrelated obviously
>>
>>101211922
>is learn music production the new learn to code?
not really. just so easy these days for anyone to learn
> been seeing a lot of dunning-kruger stuff lately.
i see it all the time, especially from self proclaimed """"experts"""". what horrifies me the most about such tards is how they're making videos about audio and audio production and the audio of the video is fucking garbage. that should be a crime.
>>
>>101211922
Imagine having your parents arrange a marriage with this girl because of your common interest in music production, and she constantly gives you wrong feedback while you're working and you have to pretend it's good advice so you make the changes in front of her but revert everything as soon as she turns her back haha, it would be like a Bollywood sitcom where everything turns into a massive dance choreography where the whole neighborhood is muzzing shirtless to your sick trance anthems, with glowsticks and shit.
>>
>>101212197
>Imagine having your parents arrange a marriage with this girl
would be good. i have been with many women in my life and not one has shown any interest in producing, but they liked what i produced. just want a wife i can make sick tracks with.
>>
>>101211115
This ain't it senpai.
>>
File: 1680451936358747.jpg (31 KB, 470x512)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
singles i drink dubs+ i out and then kms myself xD

https://vocaroo.com/154tQi8zotpc
>>
>>101212641
It sounds good at the beginning, but then when more melodies come in, they don't really mesh together after the 1 minute mark. It becomes a bit too repetitive. Maybe if you make the lead a bit louder/more oompf to it and don't drown the main melody too much like after the 1 minute mark. And maybe spice up the drum pattern a bit more after the intro? Like a couple more repetitive kicks? Like dnb type drum pattern? It has potential, just too much going on that it distracts from the main melody.
>>
>>101212937
hm... it's all based on like a singular 4 bar granular patch so it was tough to arrange but i know what you mean....
was kinda thinking about doing alternate versions off more bounces.... yeah... yeah...
>>
>>101212641
all of these parts are hard but you need to give them more time to develop, it feels a bit jarring otherwise
take 0:10 through 0:20 for example
take that and say it's your chorus for now, then build an intro, outro, and lead up to it
from there you can add more onto it
but what youve made is basically like 6 different "choruses" or "climaxes" all going into eachother, which is kinda kino but its harder to listen to
in short, great work but you should unironically put LESS work in and give more space
>>
>>101212197
>and you have to pretend it's good advice
it's an arranged marriage, why would you be like a cucked westoid "man" in an arranged marriage? to her your production word would be like hearing from skrillex himself. the bollywood dance part would be accurate though
>>
helo chuds
is there an automatic way to translate melody note length and spaces from my mouth to piano roll. I just can get the shit right.
>>
>>101214038
theres a software called dubler that does this
but i advise you to just keep going at it. eventually youll just get a feel for timing and note lengths.
>>
>>101212641
Very nice.
>>
>>101213925
>it's an arranged marriage, why would you be like a cucked westoid "man" in an arranged marriage?
Because she's your sweetheart and don't want to hurt her feelings
>>
>>101213398
>you should unironically put LESS work in and give more space
zoomer brained

i was thinking about expanding 10-20 but explicitly chose to skirt round *the sections* because uh.... we only it go forward.... it felt like too much time... back to stream... people keep telling me i look like that dude i'm kinda mad.....,,,,

>>101214179
thx
>>
>>101211172
i don't remember, i used live from version 6 to 9 then switched to cubase
>>
>>101215153
Gigachad move desu
>>
>>101211115
bruh
>>
I am the VST poster of effort posting
>>
>>101194667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUuygrQ_Ahw
udio
>>
>>101214038
https://github.com/DamRsn/NeuralNote is free and will do it.
>>
>>101213303
Look, try this bro. Slow down the tempo a bit, keep the same glitch drum pattern at the beginning like it's foretelling what's to come, but once you get into the verse part, normalize it and do a dnb drum pattern. Something like Netsky - Everyday. I think you got yourself a good dnb track no joke. Keep the 4 bar melody for a chorus/hook/intro, and then extend the melody or add a new one with 8 bars at the verses, and cute down on some of the extra ones that come in after the intro/verse so that the main melody doesn't feel too drowned out.

It honestly has potential for a cool glitch/dubstep/dnb type joint. Something like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me_yIXYiisQ
>>
>>101209704
see
>>101194788
>>
https://vocaroo.com/1m2gulqmLoqC

if you like william bassinski and stuff like that you might like this
>>
>>101214050
What the fuck? This is fucking awesome. Why did it take so long for something like this to be made?
>>
>>101217936
because only retards who aren't musicians need it. it's useless
>>
>>101194667
>digitalslop
>>
>>101217950
Kek this
>>
>>101217950
I'm a music major and a TA at a major university and this is cool as fuck. Being able just to sing or hum a melody and you get an exact midi track? Way faster than any other midi controller.
>>
>>101217983
>I'm a music major and a TA at a major university
lmao
>>
>>101214980
>zoomer brained
lol, not him, but nah. It sounds to me like he's suggesting a return to 90s style electronic dance tracks that went on for ~6 to ~8 minutes to give the individual parts more time to develop.
Zoomer brained would be quickly moving on to something new ASAP, which is kind of what your track does.
I love you, senpai.
>>101217933
>william bassinski
My dumb-ass was expecting some nu-midwest-screamo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvLlKUpLU0
Neat track, though I'm not sure how to interpret it.
The pad kind of sounds heavenly, but it's juxtaposed against those metallic sounds which makes me think of people slaving away doing manual labor.
>>101217983
>Way faster than any other midi controller.
Not if you play piano (well; and have a good sense of rhythm and relative pitch).
>>
>>101217983
now hum a chord
>>
>>101217933
chords change too fast and are too obvious/predictable
>>
>>101218427
thats actually a nice idea, i think i will automate with knobs the chord changes
other than that does it sound any good?
>>
>>101200368
>your reviews
I consider this more of a honest personal opinion than a proper review, I know it can be hard to get those from others.
>Is any of these yours?
Not this time.
>>
>>101194916
>sick tunes
At least no one will ever call it shit.
>>
deadmau5? more like milhau5
>>
best free soundfonts?
>>
>5pm no drop
chris bros how am i supposed to celebrate the 4th of july...
>>
took a whole day to download Tokyo Scoring Strings for christ sake. Gon be seeding it for a while
>>
>>101214050
This is pretty nifty desu.
>>
File: Eqt.png (44 KB, 266x410)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>101220965
that's a lot of time downloading for just spamming a unison legato patch
>>
>>101219283
crab post
>>
>>101214038
>>101214050
>>101217936
>>101217983
>>101220975
Same IP
>>
>>101210112
just the kind of Dunning Kruger i've come to expect from threads like this. awful melody and sounds. there's no real structure to the song, awful mixing, no layers, textbook amateur pianorollslop

if being honest i don't remember i ever heard a good song in these threads, except the couple times i posted mine.
>>
IT'S finally here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG3oWAZUkCc
>>
>>101221650
~4:40 for a demo. pretty neat, the rate does a filter rolloff thing
>>
youtube is weird. you upload something. 0 views after 10 hours. you upload it again. 0 views.
you upload it again, suddenly 400 views in 5-6 hours. then a day later it drops to 0 again. then some days later it gets views again.
>>
i dunno why so many men feel attracted to rap music. it's literally always just some single child parent looking for attention and constantly bragging and talking about how cool they are. what type of gay is obsessed with another man bragging about himself?
>>
>>101222265
don't remove the video, just do some A/B with the thumbnail.
>>
>>101221136
Thank you, you are doing gods work in contributing to dmp. Very valuable music tips. Have you thought about lowering your autism level a bit?
>>
>>101222379
Because it's easy to make and very catchy.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.